[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you would make a good leader?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: 60733829_p29_master1200.jpg (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
60733829_p29_master1200.jpg
100KB, 500x500px
Do you think you would make a good leader?
>>
No, I'm more of a 2nd in command type.
>>
>>35134842
Bandana wrapped, wrapped 'round your head
The bandana wrapped 'round your head
Fuck niggas, they're shit
Ain't nobody triller than me
Ain't nobody triller than Anon
Ain't nobody trill man, I'm takin' their spot
>>
>>35134879
this, I think I'd be good at 2nd in command
>>
I'm more of a faceless grunt who gets killed in the first scene kind of guy.
>>
>>35134842
Maybe. What am I suppose to do?
>>
>>35134932
>>35134879
So you'd be good at enforcing rules you're told to enforce. /brainlets/?
>>
>>35134842
In terms of making good decisions, yes.
In terms of persuading people to follow me, no.
>>
>>35134842
>be WotLK
>be main tank for a raid guild
>GM gets sick
>I have to run the raids for a week
>everything's disorganized, everyone obviously feels uncomfortable having me giving orders and assignments
>next week GM runs the raid again, much smoother

I reckon I'm the very opposite of a good leader.
>>
>>35135058
>thinking 2nd in command just enforces laws

it's basically impossible for one person to control everything, that's why the military has ranks
>>
>>35134932
>>35135058

2nd in command isn't a brainlet, he's more of a worker.

until he receives an order than causes him to sperg out then he'll complain to his 1st.

that's really it, the 2nd just likes to work and enjoys his solitude.
>>
>>35134842
i'm not really inclined to be a leader but if shit hits the fan I think I could do well enough if need be
>>
>>35134842

I'm like Rick Grimes or Jack Shepard, I really don't want to be a leader but somehow I find myself being one and by virtue of not enjoying it make a good one.
>>
>>35135303
desu 2nd in command is the comfiest spot
>>
i have slight aspirations that i could be a good leader someday, but i don't really think my charisma and social capability is that good.
>>
>>35135348

it is pretty comfy. 2nd is a high performance worker, perhaps the highest in the office.
>>
No.

I'm honestly probably too stupid and short sighted to rule.

At most, I can be a management position, running maintenance and day to day things.

Ruling requires the ability to be charismatic and be able to predict other nation's moves. I lack any ability to think ahead.
>>
>>35134842
No, I'm too divisive and not unifying enough.
>>
File: 1487360600455.png (164KB, 652x493px) Image search: [Google]
1487360600455.png
164KB, 652x493px
>>35134842
>parents put me in leadership programs since I was young
>end up having an introverted personality and a quiet voice
>also a manlet
>know lots about leadership
>lack all the qualities to make use of it
>>
>>35134842
It would depend on the position. If it's a group I put together for my own project, yes I could be a leader.

Not for someone else's vision/idea though unless I really liked it. And then the main problem would be I absolutely cannot stand it when suboordinates are inevitably incompetent/argumentative and they think I'm a dick for standing my ground.

Give in you're a bitch stand your ground and you're a dick.
>>
a leader without a strong 2nd will just get conquered by another leader with a reliable 2nd.
>>
>>35134842
Yeah, I did well with leadership positions when I was in Boy Scouts
I also tend to fall into them in college. I have good charisma and know how to get stuff done. I can't hold a conversation with anyone though, so I'm really only good at leading which is a weird thing to say
>>
>>35135361
kind of, I see it as if you're running something that's too big for you to pay sufficient detail to every bit, you have a 2nd in command who you know is competent enough to run what you can't look after.

for example, say you have 10 concentration points but are running 15 quadrants (oversimplification but you get the point), then you'd hire a 2nd in command to run 5 of the quadrants for you while you just check in every once in a while to see if they need help.

this kind of sounds dumb but i always think of it like in video games where you have to beat the lieutenant before getting to the main boss lol. I think it'd be more fun to be the lieutenant than the boss.
>>
>>35135485

yeh w/e. as another anon said, i'm too divisive to be a leader, i tend to upset people.
>>
>>35135523
fuck you! jk anon I would work with you :)
>>
>>35135568

thanks. i hope you find someone, i'm too old now.
>>
>>35134842
No and the reason are as follow
>easily angered when people don't match my expectations
>easily angered when people don't follow orders
>i shout at people too much
>i suck at giving positive feedback
>i give way too critical negative feedback
>i hate receiving criticism from my peers

Yeah im the stereotypical shouting leader, probably could pull it off as drill sargent or leader of a small squad but apart from that i would probably become a dictator that gets over thrown within a week
>>
I've tried leadership, it hasn't gone well.

Personally I prefer to be the guy who receives orders and get's shit done himself, but that's just me.
>>
>>35134842
I'd be a great leader, both smart and inspiring, but I run out of juice and get bored too easily.

I'd be like a race yacht captain stopping at a remote island and switching to farming.
>>
ISTJ. I'm an ISTJ personality type, gosh what's taking you so long to figure it out?
>>
File: 61378648_p9_master1200.jpg (28KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
61378648_p9_master1200.jpg
28KB, 400x536px
>>35135634
idk whats that tell me about your personality
>>
>>35135714

that's what i am. or at least that's what i got when i first took that Dr. Jung test almost a decade ago for my first real job.

I don't know what i'd get now if i took it again, i was much more optimistic back then.

much more wholesome and young.
>>
Yes, I would make a good leader, but only if I had to.

I'm more of a follower, but if a situation requires me to step up and lead, I can do it no problem. I've done it before, and I can do it again.
>>
When I was a teenager I had some experiences leading very large gaming clans. My greatest leadership-related achievement came from organizing a 1600 person clan war event in Runescape. I remember that the server max populations were 2000 at the time and we specifically chose one of the lowest population servers we could so that there would be room for everyone. I was the leader of a large clan Runescape Army with a few hundred active members and recruited multiple other clans for the event. Our opponents had fewer participants but higher levels on average. We had lines of communication set up but soon everything turned to chaos. The battle for the server's wilderness lasted all day as people repeatedly died and returned with new food and gear to fuel the meat grinder. They had better organization and resource management (their leaders were adults) so we ultimately ended up losing.

It was great fun though, I still remember right-clicking a point and seeing names listing all the way down my screen, mini-map totally filled with tons and tons of dots. Running battles across the terrain encountering scattered groups of players along the way. Each side used colored capes to identify friendlies.
>>
Proper direction and understanding of the situation. Quite simple.
If the subordinates don't accept leader's actions based on just those 2, then probably charisma as well.

Fate-chan, is this you? If it is, holy shit. It's been a while.
>>
File: preview.png (193KB, 475x636px) Image search: [Google]
preview.png
193KB, 475x636px
>>35134842
Doesn't matter what you think anon. A good leader is a good leader, to not be a leader at all answer the question with a bellowing "No"
>>
>>35136584
misunderstood the question, my bad
going back to what I said, I often have direction, but I often lose the situation quickly. as for charisma, it would probably only backfire on me
>>
I'm not notably good at anything
>>
>>35136584
It is i, the almighty fateanon.
I thought you were on my last fate thread incognito or something

HOW ARE YA
>>
>>35136890
I stopped going on r9k few months ago. Returned recently out of boredom just to realize that it is just as doomed as it was before. Found few good threads, though, including yours.
Besides that, just bored. Tried to compensate it by grinding vidya, which does help a bit, but didn't fix the problem completely.
How about you?
>>
File: 60733829_p36_master1200.jpg (433KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
60733829_p36_master1200.jpg
433KB, 750x750px
>>35136934
ooh i see
im pretty bored lately too, still trying to get a job BUT IS HARD

The rest is alright i guess, nothing important happened sadly. Had a college pool party yesterday, it was alright.
>>
>>35137189
What job? what about the party?
>>
File: 60733829_p24_master1200.jpg (131KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
60733829_p24_master1200.jpg
131KB, 500x500px
>>35137387
ANY job, i want to live on my own in some other country like... canada or idk

lmao idk what to say about the party, nothing happened there but i got invited and that felt nice

i can also do the spoiler stuff

top secret post
>>
>>35137559
Assuming that you live in States, why do you want to move? Just change of environment? If so, you can just move somewhere else in the country.
Oh, and I spoil my posts just so that it doesn't distract the rest of the thread as much. I doubt it helps, though.
>>
>>35137602
i dont live in the states, but yeeeah i wanna change enviroment a bit. You do live there right? Must be fine i guess?

Also yes someone will get mad surely
>>
>>35135003
you're a funny guy
inb4you
>>
>>35134879
first post best post
fuck responsibility
>>
I don't think so unless my followers were drones.
>>
I am a strong support type character.

2nd in command definetly.

I have been in complete control of importand things before.. I didn't really like it, felt a little too much pressure on me.
>>
>>35134842
I lead people in the wrong direction all the time i quite enjoy being important and watching people suffer.
>>
File: 1349625067015.jpg (25KB, 521x447px) Image search: [Google]
1349625067015.jpg
25KB, 521x447px
>>35134842
Actually yes, even though I've been antisocial for most of my life.

>intro to engineering course
>final project is to create a rube goldberg (those contraptions that involve a bunch of complicated steps to do something simple like flip a lightswitch)
>grouped with a bunch of kids fresh from highschool that don't have an ounce of creativity between the 4 of them
>our team leader is a slacker and doesn't even show up to the meetings
>I just know this project is going to turn out to be a half assed piece of shit
>decide for once in my life I was not going to let this happen
>I go home and draft designs for the entire thing
>next meeting I present my plans and a manuscript of what needs to be bought using our team budget
>everyone starts listening to me because I was the only one there with a plan
>next thing I know I'm delegating group members to specific tasks like running to the store, using the carpentry tools to cut wood into specific dimensions or assembling the project
>whatever I say is obeyed without question, felt fucking good
>lo and behold I ended up leading our ragtag group of slackers to 8th place out of 55 contestants when it came time for the college wide project competition
>the girl that designed the group poster gave everyone job titles
>mfw I was dubbed "The Mastermind"

I have tasted power, and I am left wanting
>>
>>35134842
Yeah, but I don't really like delegating, and am pretty lazy.

I rather >>35134879
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.