[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is suicide ever morally justifiable?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

Is suicide ever morally justifiable?
>>
yes. morals are subjective.
>>
>>35129841

That's debatable honestly
>>
>>35129823
Your body your choice, you go girl!
>>
>>35129823
You don't have to justify your actions you just have to get the results you want
>>
>>35129885

Why do I not have to justify my actions if others depend on me
>>
Morality and suicide have nothing to do with one another. It's your own choice and you don't take anything away from another person.
>>
>>35129823
There is no suicide. You can only leave a better or worse world for your next incarnation, so you should word hard every day to do your best and plant seeds for a better world.
>>
>>35129913
Don't worry the average person is highly replaceable
>>
>>35129914

Not OP, but this is false. Morality and suicide have everything to do with one another.
>>
>>35129823
>t. Albert Camus in middle school
>>
>>35129823
Yes, Not only that it is a fundamental human right.
>>
>>35129841
Read the Metaphysics of Morals by Kant
>>
>>35129823
Your body is your property and you can do what you want with it
>>
>>35130031
how so?
Just curious, because I'm an idiot.
>>
File: ooioo.png (157KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
ooioo.png
157KB, 409x409px
>>35129823
>attempt suicide
>fail
>wake up in hospital
>go to jail and be charged with a felony
>>
>>35130158

Did this actually happen to you? Is suicide still a crime in certain countries?
>>
>>35130172

Yes. In America. Texas. It was 3 years ago. Having a felony just made life in general worse. Once my parents die off, I'll soon join them.
>>
>>35130214

Holy shit, what? What's the purpose of punishing someone that wanted to die in the first place? Why does the state care what one does with their body?
>>
>>35130073
>kant
Kek. Read Heidegger and grow some chest hair.
>>
>>35130270
It's a means of allowing law enforcement to intervene when somebody is suicidal. However, due to its illegality, you are still punished for the attempt.
>>
It's your body, your choice, not saying this ironically.

If you are spreading the idea that someone shouldn't have control over whether or not they exist, you're probably the type of "person" who would use human beings as an energy source Zion style. Yes it hurts others when they go, but to say they didn't understand well enough not to take their own life, shows how much you respected them. Yes people kill themselves over temporary issues, but it's not your job to provide moral support for them so it's not your job to dictate how they handle it. You can't have your cake and eat it too normies, you can't keep people around to feel better about yourself and then expect them to hold themselves to some kind of moral standards so they can keep being your ego blanket.
>>
>>35129823
Of course you faggot.

It's only considered taboo by society because the less contact with others you have, the more it benefits the human race to remove you from the gene pool.
>>
>>35129823
Suicide is logical thing to do, never understood why vulcans didn't all die out from mass suicide desu senpai,

Why spend all this time and effort on living if you're gonna die anyhow, unless that time is spend on trying to achieve immortality.

So actually, wtf weren't vulcans trying to devlop immotality?
>>
It's honestly harder to morally justify keeping a suicidal person alive.
>>
>>35130270
Why is plan B $60 at your local pharmacy when it costs $20 at the abortion clinic, where you also get to make christfags think you'll hit them with your car pulling in. Because your ass is a glorified slave.
>>
What I don't understand is why we can't opt to kill ourselves humanly. We can at least donate our organs. I don't care if it takes a year of psych evaluation, some of us just want to end it. No amount of "therapy" or medication will fix this. Who wants to take a bunch of medications to the point that they're incoherent? Why make us spend a fortune on health services then eventually end up leeching of tax payers since we're broke? I mean, yeah, I could suffocate on helium but are my organs going to make it? Why waste such valuable resources that could save someone else's life?
>>
I think it's pretty justifiable

Why shouldn't people kill themselves when their life is so bad? Why should they be made to suffer?
>>
>>35130384

Suicide isn't logical if you don't believe in an afterlife of some sort. Why would you kill yourself if you only have one life to live? Why not at least try to get the most out of this one time experience?
>>
File: 1475432681502.png (118KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1475432681502.png
118KB, 500x561px
Morality is subjective. There certainly is some moral system that says it's ok.
Also, i wouldn't care about morality, i just really want to not be alive.
>>
>>35130601
This.

Besides, how do you justify keeping someone alive and suffering for your own personal reason? If youre willing to pull the plug on a dying relative who's in physical agony, why cant the same apply to someone who's in emotional agony? I find it to be absurd that some people are willing to save someone's life when theyre halfway dead knowing that the person will "come back" as a vegetable. Its shittier to force someone to live a now even more miserable life(not to mention they wont be the same person you knew) just so you can see their face(when it isnt covered by a drool bucket)
>>
>>35130800
Because if you die anyway then it means fuck all to live in the first place. You may as well have never lived.
>>
>>35130800
Because i'm always feeling like shit and have no will or desire to "get the most" out of this shit show.
I just wish i hadn't survived the last accident.
>>
>>35130825
>why cant the same apply to someone who's in emotional agony

Because emotions are temporary. At least, that's the excuse. It's why you have retarded normies posting about feeling suicidal and shit online. They're just looking for attention. Even people that are given x amount of days to live can't kill themselves humanly. These fucks want to make you suffer and leech every drop off you.
>>
>>35130800

In many cases, "trying" is futile. If you know that "trying" won't produce the desired results, then there's no purpose in trying.
>>
>>35130906
But i mean emotional agony like suffering after a trauma(or many traumas) that will continue to impact the person through their entire life
>>
>>35130896
This I don't get happy and optimistic people at all they must live in an entirely different world I just can't understand

Who the hell wants to get the most out of this shit? What the hell even is there that's so fulfilling?
>>
>>35130800
>>35130944
>Why not at least try to get the most out of this one time experience?
This is the second most obvious indicator of someone who doesn't have and doesn't understand depression. Only behind "just man up"
>>
>>35129823
why does it matter, you will be dead, nothing matters once you die, you shut down the power of the whole world, everything you have observed in your life will be gone, not even emptiness, just non-existence
>>
What are they going to do, put your corpse in prison?
t. pragmatist
>>
>>35129823
It's immoral for the same reason that murder is immoral. If you kill someone, you're not just harming them. Sure it'll probably hurt, but afterwards they really won't care. The fucked up thing about killing someone is that by killing them, you are depriving the victim's family and friends of that person.

Likewise with suicide, if people care about you, or people will care about you in the future, then you are harming them and not just yourself.

Therefore I would say that the only situation in which suicide if justifiable is if no one cares about you and you have no reason to think anyone ever will.

Also, it's worth noting that suicide will not grant you relief. You will not experience peace. The last things you will experience will be the horror of your impending demise, combined with whatever awful emotions made you want to end it. Afterwards, you won't be capable of feeling anything.
>>
>>35130987

No, lad. I'd rather try every drug on the book, fuck some hookers, do some immoral shit, move to a different location, hang out with the homeless, etc. Doesn't matter when we're dead, right? At least experience shit. Even the most legit suicidal fuck can still get that rush of adrenaline. It's great. The only thing keeping me alive now is alcohol as it's cheap and easily available and won't land me in a cell. Sure, I'm ruining my health and shit, don't care. Once it gets too bad, I'll switch to something else or try some other shit or just end it. In the meantime, I'll keep drinking everyday and enjoy some of your typical NEET activities such as vidya and shitposting. If shit gets too bad that I'm on the verge of getting caught and being stuck in a cell without a way out, I got a couple of cyanide pills, weapons, etc to end it. But atm, I'm content with alcohol and shitposting and playing vidya. Don't worry, I tried the normie life for 4 years in my early 20's. Not worth it. It's like those years/experience never happened. Personally, I've been a shutin since 12, dropped out of school at 13 and been your typical shutin need since. I'm in my 30s now and don't give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>35131107
That's a ridiculous moral system. Just the kind of shit i hear from people who had contact with suicides and never stopped to ponder how they made the dead person's life worse and never considered their pain.

>>35131163
Is that pasta? It's jumbled and long, not tasty at all.
>>
>>35131107
>b-but anon, think about the people who would miss you?
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>35131320

Not a pasta. I'm just a schizo alcoholic.
>>
>>35129823
The bible says suicide is unforgivable. God forgives rapists and pesos but he won't forgive depression. Also its a crime because god is against. In some places suicide is a felony and you can get the death penalty for it.
>>
If you are carrying an extremely dangerous parasite (like in the alien movies or something) you could justify it by taking the parasite down with you.
>>
>>35131584
>In some places suicide is a felony and you can get the death penalty for it.

That doesn't make any sense
>>
>>35131671
Both parties get what they want though
>>
>>35131671
It does if the law is supposed to fight evil. Suicide is an act of violence and we punish it because it is violence
>>
Depends on the pain and likelihood of survival.
>>
>>35131903
That's retarded. Why is violence bad if nobody gets hurt but the one doing it to himself? Why should that even be considered violent? Why are you such a statist cuck?
>>
>>35131978
If suicide was legal everyone would be doing it. And then who is gonna keep the earth spinning?
>>
>>35132055
i doubt the law stops anyone from killing themselves
>>
If you do that prolly beyond giving a fuck
>>
>>35129823
Yes it's the biggest human right possible.
You decide when to end it and in what conditions nobody can stop you from doing it.
>>
File: 1470651647326.png (11KB, 771x576px) Image search: [Google]
1470651647326.png
11KB, 771x576px
>>35130073
>let someone else tell you how to think

fuck off kike I'll kill myself if I want, you might not even be real,
I might not be, it doesn't matter, fuck
Just kill me now
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.