[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why should I be motivated to go back to school? Why should I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1413827187968.jpg (37KB, 391x386px) Image search: [Google]
1413827187968.jpg
37KB, 391x386px
Why should I be motivated to go back to school? Why should I be motivated to get a job?

Why the fuck should I want to work 8 hours a day for 50+ years and then die, leaving me zero time to pursue interesting hobbies?
>>
Money.

Originalist
>>
>>35125845
What hobbies are you actively pursuing right now? Browsing 4chan and torrenting shows aren't hobbies.
>>
>>35125845

So you can survive on your own
>>
>>35125845
> interesting hobbies

Being a faggot is not a hobby. Trust me, once you get into the real world and get a woman, those retarded autistic childish loser "hobbies" (anime, video games), will all go away.

I still kept my hobbies that better me as a human being though (history, reading self-improvement books and light philosophy (Marcus Aurelius, Epictetus, Miyamoto Musashi, Bushido), etc.).
>>
>>35126040

Sounds like you are just an eternal dilettante. You barely scratch the surface of neet hobbies because you don't put any effort into self improvement. It's cute how you try to emulate us but you'll never amount to anything. Just keep your nose to the grindstone and us neets will handle this hobby thing.
>>
>>35126158
>you don't put any effort into self improvement.

Says someone who hasn't lifted a weight in his life or traveled the world.

lol pray tell, what "hobbies" are you such an expert on.
>>
>>35126158
>It's cute how you try to emulate us

I don't try to emulate you, I'm demonstrating superiority.
>>
Cuz the alternative is homelessness or death or jail
>>
>>35126321

concert violinist, for one
>>
>>35125845

Because wagecuck memes aside, the alternative is shit.

Assuming you can even get on NEETbux you're going to be poor for life and living a subsistence lifestyle eating crap food, in a terrible living situation, wearing awful clothes, and probably be sexless as well.
>>
I still have 9 years to go until I'm retired. I wish I'd started earlier but retiring in my 30s isn't bad. I'll pick up contract work so I don't touch my nest egg and let it grow. 3 months a year should give me enough to live in the height of luxury the remaining 9 months of the year. I urge all neets thinking of abandoning the superior way of life to pick a flexible field so you can drop out quickly and easily and go back just as easily if you need a quick infusion of money.

I left the calling because my projects got to be too ambitious. I did some light welding and brazing work for a while but eventually even that wasn't enough. I'm currently building an obscene induction heater. I wanted 15kw but it may wind up being 5 or 8kw instead. I'm already afraid cops will come shoot my puppers because I'm paying for too much electricity. When they don't find any drugs they'd probably shoot my neighbors dogs too out of spite.

What's funny is tinkering is more addicting than drugs. Once you see how fast you can boil water or melt an iron rod you'll be hooked. Homebrew guys are a great source of work. Charge them $50 plus parts to put in two small holes and a soldered fitting and they think you're insanely cheap. They all know each other too so word gets out. Just a hot entrepreneuring tip.
>>
>>35126366

That's not really a hobby, that's a career. But good on you then. I play the guitar and flute, both crappily but enough to carry some tunes I like.
>>
>>35125845

I was 35 until I realized this. When you loose a job access to pussy is gone. Girlfriend I had for years left after a few months of being unemployed. All you are to the world is utility. In the mouse utopia experiment we are in the beautiful ones epoch. I think this will be the last generation that actually can be neets before social welfare collapses. I dont know why more people aren't doing it.
>>
>>35126425

I don't get it, what do you actually do for a living? And do you invest your money or what?
>>
>>35125845
I work a skilled trade and still have enough time to do shit I want to do.

Besides a lot of the time if you get on welfare/neetbux/whatever the fuck you call it you'll be making enough to survive on basic things let alone actually having enough to pursue things you'll potentially enjoy (exception being Western Europe which is probably going to have a religious civil war soon). But a skilled trade is infinitely better than wagecucking at a department store or something.
>>
Why should you want to live 24hr a day for 50+ years?. If you manage to get a job where you do stuff that interests you with a lot of variety, then you won't be going around thinking of it as a waste of time, It will be your hobby and interest. I'll just have to add it's practically impossible to get a job like that, but it is still possible.
>>
>>35126321

I have multiple hobbies. Travel isn't very important to me but I've been outside the country a few times. It was pretty much exactly the same only funny accents and different food. Travel is just another passive consumption 'hobby'. It's nice to see the original pieces in person though, so if you're an art fag I'll concede that much.

There is a surprisingly large amount of lifting weights when your hobby is weightlifting. Even someone as dumb as you should know that. Passive consumption of media like your little weeb philolsophy is good when you're too tired to do anything substantial. Don't pretend it holds up to a real hobby though.

>>35126340

Mimicry does not display superiority. If anything it's the opposite. If you were superior you wouldn't have to resort to being a cheap knock off of us
>>
File: you.jpg (192KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
192KB, 1032x774px
>>35126580
>It was pretty much exactly the same only funny accents and different food.

Then you're a fucking retard who really failed to go anywhere besides Disney's Epcot World Showcase. If you think Italy is anything like the United States you're an imbecile.

>There is a surprisingly large amount of lifting weights when your hobby is weightlifting.

Which in your case I sincerely doubt it is, since you sound like a cringey katana-owning neckbeard and you post on /r9k/.

>Even someone as dumb as you should know that.
>*tips fedora*

>Don't pretend it holds up to a real hobby though.

Again, what are your hobbies, shit for brains?

>Passive consumption of media

Nah

>your little weeb philolsophy

It's pretty good and well regarded philosophy actually and it's not the only thing I read. Get wrecked, faggot.

Still waiting for those "real" hobbies you claim you're such an expert in.
>>
>>35126522

What trade is it? Plumbing? Welding? Electrician?
>>
>>35126479

Registered nurse. It helps that I own a couple acres already, but I could retire even earlier if I tried. Travel nursing assignments are typically 3 months and net you about 25k, more if you take additional shifts. I like nursing for the unbeatable hours. 3 days a week for 70k average. It's not perfect but I can do my hobbies without having to redneck up any cheap workarounds. 3 days work, 1 day to recover and three days to play.

I guess it's considered investing, but the laziest way. I don't like to think about money outside of what I can buy with it. I don't even budget anything. I signed up for betterment and they do biweekly deposits into ETFs and again they draw all money from checking that's over 2k. This way I don't even think about money except counting down until I can quit full time and drop to a weekender over even just 4 consecutive shifts per month. Buy and hold, diverse mutual funds. Next to insider trading it's the best.
>>
>>35126716

Funny, the guy fapping to literal Musashi and butshitdo calls me a katana neckbeard autist.
>>
>>35126783
>Registered nurse.

What does that have to do with welding boilers. That's way off what I would have guessed from your post.

>3 days a week for 70k average.

That's actually pretty good. Had no idea nursing was so lucrative.
>>
>>35126783
That is an unbelievably sweet deal if it's true
>>
File: bushido translation.jpg (38KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
bushido translation.jpg
38KB, 322x500px
>>35126854

Suggest you read the Dokkodo by Musashi then, it centers me every now and then when I need it. I'm not pretending I'm some samurai but it has interesting principles on building character.

https://nittaidai.repo.nii.ac.jp/?action=repository_action_common_download&item_id=1222&item_no=1&attribute_id=40&file_no=1

Marcus Aurelius's Meditations and Epictetus's Enchiridion that precedes it are also good reading if you want to maintain your sanity in this modern world. I always try to look to the wisdom of the ancients if they have practical advice.

Bushido is interesting not just from a philosophical but also historical perspective. Again these are ideas with substance and that were taken very seriously in their relevant time period (suicide for the slightest dishonor), not cringey Japanese cartoons that you watch.

Again, what are your great hobbies?
>>
>>35126774
Plumbing actually. I make good money, have pretty much no debt (seriously fuck student loan debt) and I deal with literal shit less then you probably think. But any trade is a good one really, all in high demand in the United States too.
>>
>>35126891

The boiler shit was just related to my interest in metal work. They claim cheap delicious beers but the hobby is mostly populated by rich 40 somethings with a bitchy wife. It does taste nice but you can't really say it's cheap when the whole setup has thousands dumped in it and they're buying new toys for it every month.

Nursing is great though. School was a lot harder than I expected but I liked being surrounded by lots of cute young girls. That ends once you get in the hospital though. Guys tend to like ER and critical care, and cute girls quickly turn into mean fat wrinklebitches. It's a tough job and shitty lifelong career. Perfect for early retirement types though. Welding, plumbing, and electrician work are great too but I'm too soft to brave the elements. 100+ summers and freezing winds will make you an old man fast.
>>
>>35127157

How do I learn? Any good books on plumbing?
>>
>>35127231
Well first and foremost you have to join a labor union. I'm assuming you're in the states, and while I may not know the specifics of others I'm certain it's the same everywhere else, but to work any trade you must be a part of a labor union. They're pretty simple to get into and google is your friend.

Another thing is to get an apprenticeship. You could go to a trade/vocational school but there are ones that are basically a huge waste of money and time so be careful. In PA at least the training in apprenticeships are done by the unions, again assuming everywhere else is the same.

It'll take a few years but you'll learn something in very high demand and can pay well, in fact a lot of plumbers don't get paid enough as they should because people tend to undervalue them (if a pipe or something bursts a plumber has to work immediately or that building will be out of commission for a while at best and completely ruined at worst). This is just plumbing though, but all skilled trades are worth getting into. It can get dirty, but it's well worth it if you ask me, also it keeps you fit as well. And in off hours you could do freelance work if you want to. But I strongly advise getting professional training instead of just reading a book.
>>
>>35127402

Of course I'd do go as you suggested, I just wanted to get a taste of it. But thanks.
>>
>>35127519

Taste of it I mean reading the book.
>>
>>35126040
>he's a stoic!
Fucking kek, how does it feel to completely misunderstand nature?
>>
>>35127897

What do you mean? The will of nature is reason and cooperation.
>>
>>35128173
Wrong, nature is chaotic and tyrannical, and the epitome of the manifestation of the will-to-power. Nothing in nature is just or moral or fair, but all in nature is will and instinct. Stoics falsely believe that they grow more attuned to nature by mastering their basic instincts with moderation but nothing could be further from the truth
>>
>>35128855
t. degenerate on a frog board
>>
>>35126425
What is your source of income from?
>>
>>35129261
How does that contradict with my statement? I'm not peddling some moralist philosophy like the stoics and dozens of other philosophies. I also make no claim to be able to effectively exercise the will-to-power myself - very few humans actually can.
>>
>>35125845
Hobbies are not a full-time occupation. They're hobbies.

Also

>8 hours out of a 24 hour day
>5 days out of a 7-day week
>holidays
>paid vacations
>zero time

the overly-dramatic NEET everyone.
>>
File: aaa-dog-crying.jpg (150KB, 439x415px) Image search: [Google]
aaa-dog-crying.jpg
150KB, 439x415px
>>35125845
I'm on that same ship.
I'm reaching critical levels of low energy. I can't even find motivation to end myself, everything's a huge pain in the ass and all effort and hard work gets you is shit rewards, shit rewards that really aren't worth the effort once you've gotten used to a low energy life style. Part of me still wishes for something to latch on to, but it's just none-existent. I'll forever do nothing.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.