[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw existence is an error

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Many-Galaxies-3.jpg (382KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
Many-Galaxies-3.jpg
382KB, 700x467px
Humans are born with an overdeveloped skill (understanding, self-knowledge) which does not fit into nature's design. The human craving for justification on matters such as life and death cannot be satisfied, hence humanity has a need that nature cannot satisfy.
>>
>>35121259
So now what do we do?
>>
>>35121409
Jerk off, originally
>>
>>35121259
Almost as if we ate from a tree of knowledge of good and evil before we entered this realm eh
>>
>>35121746
Gtfo Christfag
>>
>>35121746
>we
Stop holding me accountable for the faults of that woman.
>>
>>35121746
>>35121858
>he still wants to be some sky-jews buttbitch
eve freed us from that shit, biting from the apple of knowledge gave us the meaning to our life and tools to ascend beyond nature
>>
Yeah all animals only exist to survive long enough to reproduce and protect their young until they are old enough to reproduce. Not only is this kind of pointless in the long run, but human intelligence is way overdeveloped for this simple directive. Too much civilization and thought is actually antithetical to the biological imperative, hence the most developed societies always start to decay and break down after reaching a peak point. It's pretty depressing, for all of our talking ourselves up humans are basically the same as mice or insects when it comes down to it. Thought experiments like transhumanism or the singularity seem promising, if something like AI, cloning or the cessation of aging could be created then maybe humanity could take on a greater purpose. Getting to that point is humanity's purpose now
>>
>>35121259
There's nothing that does or doesn't fit into nature's design, your point is invalid.
>>
>>35121810
>>35121858
>>35121908
You have to be 18+ to post here, but you're forgiven :^)
>>
>implying that all humans are the same
>implying that certain humans already have this understanding and knowledge and can do something about it, evolutionary
>>
>>35121259
I sympathize with antinatalism but it ignores our existential choice and taste. What is a living hell now used to be alright for me. Maybe one day I can find some solace, or at least an island amongst all this shit. However that island would be forever threatened unless I can deal with what is outside it's borders. In addition, even if we were all antinatal intelligent life would spring up again and our efforts would be fruitless. Reminds me of Dark Souls
>>
>>35121908
Skyjew was a bro. He created a sweet ass environment and the second Adam said that he was lonely, Skyjew gave him his very own personal woman tailored to his specific tastes.
>>
>>35123002
skyjew just gave me chronic health issues and made me a plague to women. skyjew doesnt give a fuck
>>
>>35123002
God doesn't exist I don't see why robots are discussing the biblical narrative like its based in reality
>>
Why do normies rush to ruin their lives? I was chatting with my cousin's husband, and he hasn't even been to Europe, and now he's stuck with two kids and will never be able to enjoy a carefree backpacking trip.
>>
>>35123071
>>35123002
Can we stop wasting our time with this fruitless subject and talk about things that could actually result in some progress? Jesus Christ how do you not realize all internet theism vs atheism is just a giant waste of time fuck
>>
>>35123107
>stop liking what I don't like
Please anon...
>>
>>35123071
>allowed to talk about star wars
>not allowed to talk about theology
No, YOU fuck off.

>>35123060
That's only because of Eve to be fair. He cursed and damned all of humanity for eternity on like... page 3 because of Eve's temptation.
>>
>>35123166
how is that even remotely fair? why do i have to suffer for the actions of some roastie cunt
>>
>>35123225
Deity levels of jealousy. There's even a line from Exodus where he literally says that he's so jealous that he'll curse entire bloodlines as payback.

>You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,
>>
>>35123327
GOD DOESNT EXIST THE BIBLE IS FANTASY BULLSHIT GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD CHRISTFAG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35123327
fuck him then. hail satan
>>
>>35123414
Sola gratia justificamus et sola fide justificamur. Sola Dio gloria.

Ave Maria gratia plena, you goddamn heathen.
>>
>>35121259

Nature is not designed, it just is
>>
This is exactly why I believe in a soul/afterlife.

Life just doesn't add up without it.
>>
>>35122125
read a fucking book before posting on 4chan about your middle-school level understanding of biology

genes are an extremely ineffecient way of passing on information, and until recently that was the only purpose of life. but now we have memes. not internet memes, but actual memes. a meme is an idea, and humans, unlike any other animal, can pass on ideas extremely effeciently
if you want to catch a fish, i can show you how i catch a fish, and you could probably imitate me and manage to catch a fish in less than a day. no other animals have that kind of strength. no other animal can exchange memes as well as we can.

so now we have this intelectual playing field where we can exchange ideas and thoughts. idk what the purpose of it is, but striving to understand the universe is far more important than passing on genes
>>
>>35124310
Great post. I'll try explaining that to my bf who wants kids.
>>
>>35123567
Nope consciousness is just a cosmic mistake. It's nothing special. Nonexistence is the "afterlife"
>>
>>35124395
You have no proof for this, though. You only spout bullshit like this because it makes you feel superior to those who do believe in an afterlife.

Real intelligent people know you can't prove either side, only retards like you are convinced they know everything, even though the only intelligent thought we can have as humans is the fact that we know nothing.
>>
>>35124500
>You only spout bullshit like this because it makes you feel superior to those who do believe in an afterlife.

Nice armchair psychology, kid.

Consciousness is just a function of the brain. www.newscientist.com/article/mg22329762-700-consciousness-on-off-switch-discovered-deep-in-brain/amp/

So when the brain dies, just like the body stops working, consciousness stops working
>>
File: zappfe.jpg (38KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
zappfe.jpg
38KB, 150x200px
>>35121259
This is the final truth.
We are creatures that should not be.
>>
>>35124610
Then explain how people can have near death experiences when they're clinically brain dead?

You know what, this discussion is useless anyway because I know you're too stubborn and you'll just google some shit like ''pruuf NDEs are bullshit xD'' and send me the link because ur a fgt. I'm gonna save us both the time because I'm not gonna convince you and you're not gonna convince me. You can believe whatever bullshit you wanna believe and I'll believe in whatever bullshit I wanna believe, because in the end it doesn't even fucking matter.

Have a nice day.
>>
>>35124610
>I'm a naive realist
You are betraying science the same skepticism that gave birth to it. You are the other side of the coin to the dogmatic theist, not realizing that you are exactly the same as the thing you oppose so much.
>>
>>35121259
yeah whatever faggot go blow up an alien ship
>>
That's baby-tier philosophy.

Here's the truth.

1) Existence is all that is. There is nothing else. It is eternal and infinite. Pure non-existence is not possible because it is the nature of the all that is to be everything and nothing simultaneously.

2) The universe is one thing, which we call (but widely misinterpret) love. As has been said: "God is love". God is the all that is. Love in its purest form is radiant light with zero resistance, zero judgement, zero fear. Imagine it as space without anything in it, but made of the brightest light imaginable. Boundless, limitless, and entirely perfect, with infinite creative potential. Every natural law only exists with its opposite polarity. Fear is the polar opposite of love. As a planet we live largely in fear and low levels of love. That's what makes this bit so hard to believe.

3) Thought is the primary mode of creating the perception of your individualised experience of existence. Thought is either based on fear or love, and this is how we create our personal realities.
>>
>>35124787
>the nature of the all
sounds like that kabalion hoseshit.
>>
>>35124757
>explain ndes
Not him but that isn't the point here. I'm sure they can be easily explained by science if not now but soon. The problem with the other side is that he needs to read Plato's Apology and could be an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect
>>
>>35124787
No I used to be a gay ass hermeticist just like you before I realized its all bullshit. THE ALL, God, and mentalism are all bullshit
>>
>>35124787
>calls realistic philosophy baby philosophy
>believes in God
>EVERYTHING IS LOOOOOOVE
>you create your own reality, Africans think too much of being starving and aids infected, they created their own starving and aids infected reality
>>
>>35124824
It is what it is. It's the nature of life to exist. For some reason people like yourself think non-existence is the nature of... lif-... whatever word you use for it, when in fact it is life that is so.

>>35124846
How is it bullshit if it exists? If you cut a pie into many pieces, they're all a part of the all, the one. They all constitute and are a part of the one. They're all made of the same stuff. Yet everything is metaphysically connected, so distance won't change this fact.
>>
>>35121259

The concepts of what is right or wrong, what should or should not be are constructs made by humans. Logic is a human construct.

You percieve reality trough human senses and have only the information they relay to you and the mechanism of reason to draw any conlusion about the universe/reality and their devices.

You have no absolute knowledge beyond "cognito ergo sum"
DONT PRETEND TO KNOW WHAT'S A MISTAKE OR NOT REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35121858
>Roasties ruined humanity before it even started
>>
>>35124968
I don't believe in an external God, I believe in life from a greater perspective than the limited human one, which we can call God, or love, of the all-that-is.

I'm not talking about romanticised "love". Love can't exist without its polar opposite of fear. Life can't be experienced without its opposites. The Africa situation is merely cause and effect. "God" doesn't do anything nor judge anything, he simply observes.
>>
>>35124787

>mocks him for having baby philosophy
>claims his ideas are "truth" when no credible philosopher ever dared such, and such claims in general go against the nature of philosophy.

>claims reality is explained trough a vague word that describes a human emotion which is a result of chemical discharges altering the brain's state.
>>
>>35121712
Originally origamiallo
>>
>>35124310
>idk what the purpose of it is, but striving to understand the universe is far more important than passing on genes
that's only your opinion man.
>>
>>35124757
>Then explain how people can have near death experiences when they're clinically brain dead?
Sauce on person that came back from being clinically brain dead.
>>
>>35121259
What a coincidence OP I was just watching this video

Noam Chomsky - Intelligence is a lethal mutation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZbW7lvGkuA

Basically says that population and longevity of a species is inversely proportional to intelligence and that intelligence causes species to destroy themselves or not reproduce as much as they should
>>
File: download.png (13KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
13KB, 259x194px
>>35125000
Wrong, logic is not a human construct. All sufficiently intelligent agents will arrive with the same logic, math, and science

You just don't understand what logic is.
>>
>>35125000
>Logic is a human construct.
Logic relies on the nature of the universe itself that is external to human perception. It's not a human construct.
>>
>>35125291
Im not sure. The guy doesnt make a strong point in saying intelligence is what causes the scarcity of species. Developped brains and large bodies require large amounts of energy. Basic trophic levels show us the more evolved a species the more energy it requires to live ie. less of them. If anything the boom in population proves otherwise.
>>
>>35125342
Please explain. Im a fucking idiot i would like to know how we can be 100% certain of anything
>>
>>35121259
I disagree
Animals don't understand death either, but instead of trying to understand it they're forced into senseless pain and panic
>>
>>35125685
Yes I think all animals, especially prey animals, live in a constant state of LSD-bad-trip-like anxiety

Look at dears, look at how terrified they get of small noises. It must be a mental HELL to be some prey animals.
>>
>>35121409
We stop procreating and go extinct. Thats the best outcome for everybody
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.