[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many languages do you speak? I speak 2 and I know enough

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: mfwrealestate.png (442KB, 635x467px)
mfwrealestate.png
442KB, 635x467px
How many languages do you speak? I speak 2 and I know enough to order, give direction etc in a third. When I was a kid it never occured to me that some people only speak one language for their entire live.
>>
Two because native language is too difficult to use in international business although it was the diplomatic language for decades if not a couple of centuries. English is so easy to learn that most of the world now use it.
>>
I know Italian as a first language and English at a C1 level. What should I learn next? I'm studying economics in a quite prestigious university. Maybe Chinese?
>>
>>35117002
Only one, because I was blessed to be born in an English-speaking country, and the world thankfully caters to me.

The use that the vast majority of English speakers get out of learning a secondary language is minuscule compared to non-English speakers learning English.
>>
File: 1440485405566.jpg (16KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
1440485405566.jpg
16KB, 232x232px
English and only English
>>
Fluently, 3. I can speak 4 at an intermediate level, but I stopped studying one of them because it was a boring language.
>>
>>35117002
I'm fluent in English and have a pretty expansive vocabulary compared to your avg. person. I was going to write that I know French as well, and I studied for 3 years or so but I forgot the conjugations for tense. I knew how to phrase what I wanted to say, though.

A francophone would laugh at me for my horrible grammar.
>>
4: Romanian, Italian, English and Spanish but I'm learning French
>>
1. my native
2. english
3. spanish
4. portuguese
5. italian (still learning)

although its a bit of cheating, portuguese is a dialect of spanish. so id say 3 an learning 4th
>>
>>35117002
English obviously
Some Spanish but my number game is great
Some Polish, I want to learn more but holy shit those pronunciations
Some Russian, pronunciations are better than Polish
I can say hello and thanks in Chinese
A few German phrases and words, can pronounce mostly alright.

I would like to one day learn spaghetti just for shits and giggles.
>>
I can speak Japanese at a basic level, enough to get around Japan and order food etc
>>
I speak two, thinking of learning latin or some other european language.

I always found is weird when people were impressed by people who spoke like 4 languages, it's really not that difficult
>>
>>35117086
>learning chinese

https://imgur.com/a/aSFTC#xfkxpH9
>>
>>35118327
Maybe Arab then?
>>
>native
>english (c2)
>german (b2) I haven't touched them for 5 years or more though, I don't think I can hold a conversation

thinking of picking up russian
>>
3 languages, german, danish and english. German is my native language, but my danish and english "skills" are pretty good.
>>
>>35117002
>be me
>know only the most superior language, English
>2 billion other speakers, so never have to learn any other cuckold languages
Feels good to know 1 language
>>
File: 1487588797396.gif (895KB, 231x378px) Image search: [Google]
1487588797396.gif
895KB, 231x378px
>>35117002
>perfect english
>perfect spanish
>can somewhat understand german
>can read cyrillic and understand a bit of russian
>can read hangul
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 480x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 480x468px
English, arabic and learning russian from playing DOTA2 and CS:GO lmao
>>
File: Cryjak.jpg (23KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
Cryjak.jpg
23KB, 600x238px
>Romanian
>English
>French
>Latin
>German
>Russian
So many words to express myself with, yet no ears for them to fall upon.
>>
4 languages, my french is shit now, learned that shit for 9 years, and I'm learning Danish now.
>>
File: 1487801591658.png (349KB, 688x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487801591658.png
349KB, 688x720px
>>35117002
>English
>French
>Portuguese
>Spanish
>Norwegian
>Otaku Japanese
>>
>>35118691
is that you Dan?
>>
English and bad English
>>
>>35118747
Yes. Want to come over and touch my balls?
>>
English only. I should speak Spanish because I'm a spic but I don't, fuck that noise.
>>
>>35118778
that's pretty fucking gay senpai
>>
>>35117002
English is my first language and I learned conversational German in high school. Does anyone know where I can start learning Spanish for free?
>>
File: 1486190470389.jpg (123KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486190470389.jpg
123KB, 543x600px
>>35118747
H-How did you know...?
This post was made in Oregon
>>
File: tumblr_nqs5pyg00F1qa1siho2_400.gif (1MB, 275x178px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqs5pyg00F1qa1siho2_400.gif
1MB, 275x178px
native spanish
native galician
>can perfectly read/understand portuguese
>can read french, but low level written and can defend myself in a conversation
>>
>>35117086
bocconi? if not gtfo
>>
>>35118809
*can't defend myself in a conversation in french
>>
>>35118809
>also english, obviously
>>
>>35118833
It's easy, just wave a white flag
>>
>>35118858
Je ne sais pas qu'est que tu as dit
>>
File: 1469098867461.png (39KB, 295x340px) Image search: [Google]
1469098867461.png
39KB, 295x340px
>>35117002
Who /only speak english/ here?
>>
>canacuck
>English
>French

Chalisse
>>
English is the only language you'll ever need to know. Sometime in the future it is said we'll be speaking Chinglish world wide.

However, with the Islamification of most countries we'll probably need to know Arabic or French as well
>>
>>35118327
my great grandfather was a pilot in the soviet army and he told me that the chinese would sell broken parts to pilots for some money and the pilots would end up crashing and dying, anyone who was brought up to hate jews in the ussr would hate chinks even more as soon as they dealt with them
>>
>>35119454
this was world war 2 btw
>>
Dutch and German as my mother tongues.
English by shitposting on gamefaqs when I was twelve.

Dutch is becoming irrelevant though. I speak English with my best friend because it has become the language we use most. All media and devices use English text and audio. An increasing amount of people use so many English words that half of spoken sentences are in English. It started out with simple stuff like replacing the dutch word for annoying with the english one, but this has become so widespread I can't see dutch surviving for much longer.
>>
I'm currently learning German, and I speak English as my native language. I find German so much fun, it just sounds so great. I'll just randomly speak it to people, even if they don't speak German, and I think that's helped me learn it a lot better. Unfortunately, I still don't know too much, but I suppose I could get by in a German country.
>>
>>35117002
English primary
Functional Spanish secondary
Working on Japanese as third
>>
File: 1478493395576.png (146KB, 738x554px) Image search: [Google]
1478493395576.png
146KB, 738x554px
I feel bad for anglos who fall for le second language meme. Literally no reason to relearn concepts and sentence structure in a dying language when everybody else is learning english. Why waste time trying to speak spic or frog when you can master english? my vocabulary is fucking huge dog, I use the kind of language weird foreigners would have to say what too. Also you second language cucks are all like that to people who speak it as their mother tongue, you just sound like a retard.
>>
>>35118816
Luiss :P surpassed Bocconi last year.
>>
>>35117087
This. It's like taking the effort to learn Japanese moonrunes, which are ONLY used in Japan. Compared to English which is used literally everywhere.

There's no point to learning other languages.
>>
Slovak,Macedonian,English,German(B1-B2)
>>
first i spoke only russian, then i learned french and spanish, and after english.
total 4. but i can also understand most romance languages and ukrainian and belorussian
>>
>Native
Spanish
>Fluently
English
>Basic communication
French
>Understand but can't speak it
Italian, Portuguese
>Understand random words
German
>Phrases from media
Japanese
>>
>>35121543
Then you only speak english and Spanish.
>>
Finnish and english + learning russian now.

Also interested in learning atleast 1 asian language but since I hate kanji both jap and chinese don't seem too appealing.
>>
>>35121569
Je peux parler francais aussi, mais non sans peine
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.