[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

Hello Sailors and other service anon, I have a question for you guys. Is it a good idea to quit the branch before I head to BT? The reason why I'm saying this since my parents are quite desperate for me to quit the service. I want to know from you guys that are finish with BT and guys that quit BT and would like to hear your experience as well. I'm on the fence to go to the service and do my time. I just don't know anymore.
>>
>>35105631
Navy Anon here. This is a difficult question to answer. Why do you want to quit? After you tell me I can take it from there.
>>
File: Operator Girl Valentine 1.png (234KB, 960x596px) Image search: [Google]
Operator Girl Valentine 1.png
234KB, 960x596px
Navy lingo is beyond me. BT as in basic training? Branch? Is that some nigger slang for marijuana? What is going on? I know this /r9k/ but don't be a pussy and drop out before your military life even begins.

t. army pog
>>
>>35106736
My parents wants me to quit, but I'm also there because to make my parents proud.
>>
>>35106839
Army life sucks though. Navy isn't all that bad from what I hear.
>>
>>35106839
Might be something like branch term, I assume he means the amount of years he has in service.

>>35107131
Army life is pretty great f a m
t. nasty girl
>>
>>35107301
What's your MOS senpai?

Maybe its just my company and duty station that makes me hate it.
>>
>>35107301
Army life is dogshit fuck you weekend warrior
>>
>>35107329
I'm a mechanic.
Probably helps my unit is really cool.

>>35107395
Army gave me a better standard of conduct to live up to and try to better myself. It's not for everyone. Especially how social stuff is now with people plugged into the internet 24/7 it's really probably not the right kind of life for a lot of people. It can be a big adjustment for a lot of people.
>>
>>35107539
I just hate spending all of my life doing dumb menial shit like filling out 5988s. And I'm "intel"
>>
>>35107634
Try being in a combat support role. Holy shit it sucks. Toxic leadership out the ass.
>>
>>35107634
Intel sounds like a desk type job.
When I get forms it's basically a work order, or I don't work on it. So forms are not all that bad.
>>
>>35107114
>My parents want me to quit, but I'm also there because to make my parents proud
If they want you to quit I don't think your making them proud. Furthermore, the navy isn't something you should be joining to make someone proud. You have to WANT it. Have you ever asked them why they wanted you to quit?
>>
>>35107667
Are you sure you've been in combat support?
It's pretty awesome. You don't get stuck having to specialize in like one specific thing but a lot of people are specialized in an area or multiple ones. There is tons of different stuff to work in or on. If you're a grunt you're most likely just doing grunt stuff. Combat support you can be doing tons of different things, and grunt type work. There is never a shortage of work or stuff that can be done.
>>
>>35107807
They are worry about me and they want me to be with them instead.
>>
>>35105631
Merchant Marine anon here. Great pay, see the world, and no fighting sand people.
>>
>>35108210
The hell?
Why do they WANT you to live with them?
>>
>>35108210
Don't give up. They'd worry no matter what you were doing if you were away. You can always go back and see them on leave.
>>
>>35108283
Because they love me oh so very much... But I also want to go because I want to experience the independent life.
>>
>>35108312
Thanks, this means so much to me.
>>
File: thinking.jpg (86KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
86KB, 1000x762px
>>35108210
There will be plenty of opportunities to visit your parents in the navy. Im assuming you're 18 since you've gotta be at least 18 to join. You're growing up. You need to learn to be independent and fend for yourself, and your parents need to understand that. I say go navy. Do your BT, graduate from your A school, and start your career in the navy. Start living dude, it's your life, not your parent's. I don't mean to sound like a douche either, but they've gotta let the little bird leave the nest so he can learn to fly.
>>
>>35105631
i quit before marine basic. if youre not 100% sure if you want to enlist my advice is dont do it. if you ship off to basic and decide its not want you want to do then you are shit out of luck. unless you end up liking it and establish life long bonds and skills that will help you in your life.
>>
>>35108507
>I don't mean to sound like a douche either

You don't sound like a douche and yeah I'm 18. But thanks, you pretty much summarized my dilemma and gave me a solution.
>>
>>35105631
If you're going to quit do so before/during bt for no real negative consequences. It's once you pass everything and go to your unit that quitting/failing becomes a real issue. But even then you can get out on general and apply for an honorable after 6 months
>>
>>35107667
>tfw arty in Alaska
Fuck this mos, fuck this unit
>>
>>35108556
What am i looking at in this picture
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.