[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jobthread/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 14

File: DRW.jpg (83KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
DRW.jpg
83KB, 650x842px
/jobthread/ Guys

On this Friday, those who work Mon-Fri are relaxing. Those who don't work are relaxing. It's a relaxing day, let's talk about our jobs a bit, give some advice to any NEETs looking to leave NEETdom, vent about coworkers/bosses, share your frustration/enjoyment of the modern world with random strangers.

>job
>salary (yearly or hourly)
>how long have you been working there
>do you like it/dislike it? Why?
>any interesting stories
>anything worth mentioning

I'll start:
>18
>Security Guard
>11.50
>This will be my third week on the job
>I do like it a lot actually. I work from 5pm-2am, don't interact with anyone, go at my own pace. I usually bring my guitar with me to practice, or I'll bring my 3DS and play monster hunter.
>Closest to an interesting story I have in the three weeks of working there is I got a call to check out some people doing donuts in the parking lot, but it was a fucking blizzard outside so by the time I got there they were gone.
>Only thing worth mentioning is that it's pretty /comfy/ and most anyone could get a job doing it
>>
>>35103309
I'm under 25. Started working as an ESL teacher for spics. I like it but there are so many requirements, and other teachers seem to be having such an easy time that I feel like a loser.
Besides, there's a "that kid" in every class and I have to deal with their autistic bullshit all the time.
>start class with a little game to learn names
>say your name, your favorite animal, and the names/animals of everyone before you
>everyone says easy shit like cat, dog etc
>that kid's turn
>I am Emmanuel, and my favorite animal is the golden lion tamarin
>the fucking lion tamarin
>I have to google pics for the kids to see
>they don't give a shit
>whatever, let's start class
>kid stands up, draws the goddamn tamarin on the board, then cleans it all (at least he's enthusiastic)
>class groans
>>
>>35103488
What is an ESL teacher?
>>
>>35103604
English as a foreign language. Funny enough, I chose this major because years of 4chan made me somewhat proficient.
>>
File: Autumn 3.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 3.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>35103626
Where are you from that English isn't your primary language?
>>
>>35104113
South America. We have warm Christmas, winter at its worst is just heavy rain, and people are too fucking friendly.
>>
File: Autumn 6.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 6.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>35104149
South America? Well that's actually pretty cool is ESL in high demand down there?
>>
>>35104204
Actually yes, it is. Somehow we spent decades assuming USA would trade with us just fine, and now every big company is looking for bilingual people. To top it off, good teachers are shit at English and the good speakers, like me, can't teach worth a damn.
Many foreigners also come down here to try to make a living out of it, but they belong in the second group too.
>>
File: Autumn 11.jpg (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 11.jpg
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>35104252
Do you intend to stay an ESL teacher forever, or will you eventually move on to one of the big companies looking for bilingual people
>>
>>35104352
I intended to become a taxi driver and then die, actually. Life pushes me wherever it wants.
But now that I'm here I'd much rather be a translator or something like that instead. It's way more fun.
So where do you live? Donuts in a parking lot sounds pretty awesome
>>
File: Autumn 12.jpg (987KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 12.jpg
987KB, 1920x1080px
>>35104413
I live in New England. The donuts in the parking lot thing happened about a week or so ago, we were getting ass blasted with so much snow you could barley see. But my question is, why a taxi driver? Being bilingual is a pretty impressive skill, just that without any other qualifications can get you pretty far- especially if you move to the US (if that's something your interested in)
>>
Okay, how would you guys get your life back on track in my situation?

>30 years old
>Canadian
>never had a job, no experience or references at all on my resume
>2 year college diploma in office administration
>4 year BA, majored in psychology
>about 3k debt, but 53k in savings
>been NEET for about two years since I finished university, started pretty late

I have no fucking clue what to do, I hate my life and I feel like I have the opportunity to do something, but I can't imagine being capable of holding down a job and I have no skills
>>
>>35104474
Because I had no expectations of life, no passions, etc. Being a doctor or a lawyer sounded boring so I thought my parents would kick me out after I had failed university twice.
Maybe I'll try moving to the US one day. Right now I know I'm just some manchild pretending to be competent.
>>35104535
>53k in savings
Why not just pay it all right now? Debts are the thing that scares me the most in the world. You could try to look for psychologists that need an assistant or something? Having any job at all really gets you rolling, and you can say you intend to start working later so better learn a bit about the business first.
>>
>age
>job
McDonald's crew
Minimum wage (10.50/hr here)
Since last August
My hours are getting cut and I don't like it but I don't hate it enough to quit outright. Plus my oneitis works there so I have no real motivation to leave until she does.
>any interesting stories
Had a tweaking methhead in the bathroom call one of my coworkers a nigger once. When he followed her out to confront her she claimed she didn't mean it racially. He later got fired for what he claimed was just eating nuggets on the clock. I then found out it was actually because he'd been trying to sneak whole bags of them from the freezer home.
I'm trying to get hired as what would basically be a glorified security guard at my uni's PD. Doesn't seem like I'll be getting much hours from them though.
>>
File: Autumn 7.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 7.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>35104535
>4 year in psychology
Dude, you could charge out the ass for being a psychologist. Start simple with an internship, you have enough money to rest on for atleast a few years (depending on your living situation). After the internship apply to get your own practice, then move on from there.

Either that or pay off your debt, you have 50k left. Abandon yourself and do something you truly love if its not psychology. A $50,000 head start is a massive thing

>>35104595
Well I mean, being an ESL teacher is pretty impressive by itself. Can you move up in that? How much money are you making?
>>
File: dozers.jpg (73KB, 500x507px)
dozers.jpg
73KB, 500x507px
>31
>heavy equipment operator
>50-100k+/yr
>4 years
>love it because it's fun to work on big machines and for the most part you get left alone
>nothing too interesting happens
>it's worth mentioning that since i live in a nothern climate i usually get a prolonged layoff every year, so i get to be independent, make good money, and still enjoy some neet time
>>
File: Autumn 13.jpg (1MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 13.jpg
1MB, 3648x2736px
>>35104629
I would strongly recommend pursuing being a security guard, especially if you hate working with customers. I was in the restaurant industry for five years, and I thank every day I dont have to deal with a screaming mother and her bratty children as I just drive around listening to podcasts
>>
>>35104735
I'm actually aspiring to become a police officer so I'll be dealing with much worse. The security guard job I'm viewing as more of a stepping stone to that than something that'll allow me to avoid normies.
>>
>>35103309
Just recently quit my job at Gamestop.
I want to be a security guard since I can do homework when I'm not busy. How can I find a job like this? I'm so fucking sick of retail.
>>
File: Autumn 10.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Autumn 10.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>35104802
If I were you I'd look up security companies in your area. The two big ones that I know of are Securitas and Allied Security. On their websites there will be sections for each specific state, and then towns, and where they are hiring. It's not too hard
>>
>got first job, since 3 years NEET
how do I manage this bots? I don't think I can do it
>>
>>35106073
Start off with an unpaid internship in what your interested in, then move on from there
>>
>>35103309
>20
>general floor staff at a movie theater
>7.75
>About 8 months
>I don't mind it
>An old man passed me on his way out of the theater's bar. Didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't actually Hispanic so when he said "Gracias Senor" I just said "Adios" and rolled with it.
>>
I work at an amazon fulfillment center / warehouse
>decent pay , start at 12 , goes up to 14.5 after 3 years
>provides benefits day 1
>not really hard
>not really any requirements to enter , besides be 18 and high school graduate ( you can work around this too)

Downside
>boring af

I might leave and try to go to a Ford factory and make 18 an hour .
>>
>>35106388
>unpaid
I'm not that much of a cuck

I already have a job lined up I just don't think I can adjust to wagie life
>>
File: 1487626258845.gif (628KB, 516x402px) Image search: [Google]
1487626258845.gif
628KB, 516x402px
>tfw I've applied to hundreds of jobs, only had 3 interviews and never got a single offer despite the interviews going well

Fucking hire me assholes I'm trying to contribute to society wtf
>>
File: 1452809181205.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1452809181205.png
177KB, 367x321px
>age
>job
Caretaker for mentally disabled
8 months
Fucking hate it. I work with agressive people. Everyday is stressful because the smallest shit will make them go off. They only put me on the really agressive home because I'm a big4u but I hate it.
>any interesting stories
Had to break up a fight between a client and staff where the client stabbed the staff with a knife. I have way too many stories.
Don't work as a caretaker. Too much responsibility and the client can get away with murder and still not get in trouble, well at least that's how it is over here. Like I mentioned before had a client stab a staff and because he tried to defend himself he got fired and the client only got put under 24/7 watch for 3 days and then back to normal.
>>
File: 1427143914508.png (95KB, 578x396px) Image search: [Google]
1427143914508.png
95KB, 578x396px
General labor at a local Plant Nursery
9.25/hr
2 weeks (Weekends only 9-6)
It's alright. My coworkers are pretty amazing though.
N/A
I can legally buy some drugs there aka San Pedro Cactus, Bolivian Torch, Peruvian Torch, Datura, any MAOI plants at a 25% discount (applies to everything).
>>
>>35103488
Lol my name is Emmanuel.

Sounds like a cool kid. I'm proud.
>>
>19
>N/A
>N/A
>N/A
>N/A
>N/A
>never been employed and am very anxious to start despite going to uni
Anyone in the Riverside, CA area that could help a robot out? (or Sioux Falls, SD? I'll be there this summer)
>>
>>35106840
he's not a bad kid, in fact I would say being so good is what makes him a nuisance in the class
>>
File: Wasted my entire life.jpg (131KB, 975x576px) Image search: [Google]
Wasted my entire life.jpg
131KB, 975x576px
>25
>3rd shift housekeeper at hospital
>8.75/hr
>since last April
>I don't mind it, it's pretty comfy most of the time
>N/A
>I'm starting to dislike working nights, I'd prefer to go back to working a normal shift.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.