[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being homeless really that bad? I can shower at a gym, buy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: 1486386815845m.jpg (115KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486386815845m.jpg
115KB, 1024x576px
Is being homeless really that bad? I can shower at a gym, buy some sleeping bags, and maybe do mechanical turk for some food. I give up on trying to find a job. I've done everything people have suggested to pretty up my resume and I still don't get calls back after sending in hundreds of applications. They go straight to the trash. The bottom line is that employers want to hire normal people and I'm not a normal person. Being 24 with no experience is not normal.
>>
>>35100136
It's pretty sweet desu.

Except for the stabbing, robbing, assaulting and general fuck-my-shit-up that happens. Oh, and I hope you don't like sleeping.
>>
>no experience
>expects a job

Well no shit. You're supposed to intern or volunteer for free to put on your resume first.

No job experience is instant trash tier.
>>
>>35100136
depends on where you live, OP. If you live near the woods and have a tent then it isn't that bad. If you live in a big city then it's pretty bad.
>>
the other homeless WILL steal your sleeping bags and also anything else you own
>>
>>35100169
I've volunteered at a local park for 6 months and it doesn't help at all.
>>
>>35100233

Did you put it in your resume? Are you trying to be a park ranger or a camp counselor? Experience needs to be relevant to what you're applying to do.
>>
>>35100169
Just work for free, goy
Literally you
>>
>>35100223
I'm /fit/ and I'm confident in being able to defend myself.
>>
>>35100260
I'm applying to every entry level job I can find. It just seems impossible.
>>
>>35100269
Can't watch your stuff under the bridge and panhandle at the same time mate
>>
>>35100269
>Can defend yourself while asleep
How do you do that?
>>
>>35100302
I don't intend on panhandling. I'm going to travel light with only a sleeping bag or two and a water jug in my backpack. I can do mechanical turk for food money.
>>
>>35100290

Want an entry level job at a law firm ? Volunteer at a law firm as an intern for a bit.

It's gotta be relevant. They aren't going to care if you volunteered at a park.
>>
>>35100369
That seems like something nobody will hire me for anyhow because I'm abnormal. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. Applying for jobs at fast food and call centres. I just give up. It's not worth the frustration. Not everyone is born a winner.
>>
>>35100266
So don't work for free and starve all the same
Literally the only alternative

look up "tragedy of the commons" and understand how it applies here. If everyone else has experience / interns / works for free, you are fucked if you don't.
>>
>>35100136
I had to live in my car for a few months during the winter, would not recommend. Almost got hypothermia a few times, I had no blankets or anything so I just used a bunch of shirts and pants and shit like that. It was a fucking nightmare
>>
>>35100266

You have to, for a little while, otherwise you won't get hired.
>>
>>35100421

Volunteer somewhere nice and decent, for free. Get that on your resume and apply to a nice job.
>>
>>35100491
I did. This thread is about being homeless, not about further cucking yourself.
>>35100446
Luckily where I live it doesn't snow
>>
>>35100446
Does your car have no heating? The fuck?
>>
>>35100561

The park doesn't count.
>>
>>35100136
dont you have to pay for a gym membership?
>>
>>35100587
you can't leave it on all night, you'll fuck up your battery.
I wonder what some good alternatives would be... One or two lit sterno cans with the windows opened to prevent CO buildup? A bunch of handwarmers wrapped in clothing and used as a body pillow? Ideally if you have access to a firepit or some large heat source, you could heat up a rock and let it sit on some stable surface inside the car, they stay hot forever and that's good when camping, maybe not inside a car though.

>>35100598
What did you mean by this
>>
>>35100642

You said you volunteered at a park, that doesn't count as a nice place, job experience wise, unless you wanna be a park ranger.
>>
>>35100598
I'm not working for free again. Rather be homeless.
>>
>>35100642
>you can't leave it on all night, you'll fuck up your battery.
Cant you steal a new one? Youre already subhuman scum
>>
>>35100666
not OP, and I thought you were talking about snow lol

>>35100673
see >>35100436
>>
>>35100614
I can do mechanical turk and afford it. Plus I already have a year.
>>
You may as well live in a storage unit if you insist on being homeless.
>>
>>35100680
>Youre already subhuman scum

>if you don't live in a home you have to pay off for the rest of your life and submit to wage slavery, you're subhuman scum
>and then I won't care if you steal other's property and will in fact advise it
>>
>>35100686
>mechanical turk
is that the name of the gym?
>>
>>35100693
storage units cost money,
unless you mean other peoples units.
>>
>>35100709

Yeah like $10-$20 dollars a month.
>>
>>35100136
Anon apply for govt assistance. Explain your situation about how your applications get trashed. That will make you applicable for welfare. Also try an unemployment office. These offices have jobs at the ready from business desperate for workers, keep in mind these won't be well paying jobs, but at least its work.
>>
>>35100721
im just saying if your income is zero, then still a problem.
>>
>>35100269
How long will you stay /fit/ on a homeless diet?
>>
>>35100761
I can eat all I want if my main budget is food. Once again. Amazon mechanical turk is an option. It's only about 2 to
3 dollars an hour but it works.
>>35100736
I did try to apply for government assistance but I don't qualify. It's really hard to get in San Diego. I thought unemployment was for the previously employed?
>>35100701
It's an amazon service where you do shitty work for 2 to 3 dollars an hour online.
>>
Yeah because you'll have Internet and electricity while homeless to do Amazon Turk.
>>
>>35100892
Can you read? Libraries have computers and are free.
>>
>>35100856
Youll consume a shitload more calories if it's cold out and you can't reliably make a fire / heat source while sleeping.
>>
>>35100949

Yeah you'll just be at the library all day most days smelling like you slept outside because you won't even rent a storage unit to sleep in.

You'll just walk to the gym, eat food you'll never cook and just live doing mechanical Turk on Amazon, which, by the way, they have to first approve of your account.
>>
>>35100997
That's alright with me.
Ksjfr
>>
>>35101051
I already have an account. I said I'll shower at the gym. Laundry is cheap.
>>
>>35100856

Homeless people steal other homeless people's backpacks even though they know they contain nothing but smelly sweaters, toilet paper, and whiskey. Please try sleeping outside with a laptop. Please do it.
>>
>>35101084

At least rent that storage unit, ffs.
>>
Homelessness is pretty bad for people because it's often not intentional or planned. But, there are people that do vandwelling and RV dwelling full time for years to save up money and live a free life.

If done that way, you'll be fine. But, just deciding one day to buy a backpack and head out, you'll almost certainly regret it.

There was one guy on youtube, Will Burson, who did just that. He picked up a couple of rental properties for income, sold his home, bought a van, and just boondocked for awhile. That's totally the way to do it.
>>
>>35101092
I'm not going to have a laptop. If anyone tries to touch me, they're going to get fucked up. I know the best/barren spots here where I live as well.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.