[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcoholism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 16

File: alcohol-dependence.jpg (14KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
alcohol-dependence.jpg
14KB, 600x434px
Is anyone here an alcoholic?

I'm not talking 'lol i drank like 10 beers on friday night man I'm such an alcoholic' kind of thing. I mean real alcoholic.

How does your alcoholism manifest itself?

For me it's like a constant hunger. My life is split between times where I'm waiting for the opportunity to drink, and times where I'm drinking.

During the former I am anxious, easily stressed out, have mood swings and have a strange body energy like my nerve endings are firing all at the same time.

Also, there is no reason why I drink. I feel like when most people drink, it's for a specific reason i.e. a party, a first date, relaxing after work, watching a movie. For me I just want it constantly.

Please share your experiences with alcoholism, either your own or of people you know.
>>
I'm addicted mentally but not physically. I used to drink 4+ euro sized beers everyday from age 18 to last year with small breaks. I'm now 7 months sober and desu my life is better now. I'm sometimes pissed that I can't drink when I'm with people but I know I'd just go back to drinking alone everyday. Outside that I don't really think about drinking anymore.
>>
>>35095359
I'm 24 y/o now, forgot to mention.
>>
few months clean now.
I was a full blown alcoholic after I started drinking to get over Xanax/suboxone withdrawal.

I would literally be at the liquor store at 9am on the dot because i'd be in such bad withdrawal. i went about a month of not sleeping because of the racing heart/insomnia i'd get by night time. i would drink a 5th of vodka baseline. god that was hell...i let my apartment get to fridgebro standards. i'm doing amazing now.
>>
File: 1322375355692.png (280KB, 452x710px) Image search: [Google]
1322375355692.png
280KB, 452x710px
Stop romanticizing alcoholism.
>>
>>35095013
Yes, I've been drinking almost every day for the past 4 weeks. I have about 4-12 drinks depending on the day.
>>
Yep. I can go a couple of days but then I start to freak out.

I don't even get 'drunk' really. Right now I have about 30 standard drinks in me (equivalent roughly to 4 bottles of wine), I just feel normal. I know tomorrow I will want to die but I will just sleep it away. It sucks. I basically am 'drunk' or sleeping most the time. The main thing I hate is how fat it has made me.
>>
>>35095013
Is drinking half a liter of vodka or whiskey 4 days a week count as alcoholism?
>>
>>35095501
You didn't do suboxone for depression by any chance did you? My therapist has been recommending it based on recent evidence for being effective against depression, but the hard part is finding a doctor to prescribe it, since it's mostly used for treating opiate withdrawals.
>>
>>35095501
Just wanted to pop in and say good job. Luckily, I am not an alcoholic, but I know how hard it is to quit something like that.
>>
>>35095501
Post apartment pics oreganoli
>>
Is this just a dick measuring contest about how much you can drink or are we actually talking about the psychological aspect of alcoholism?
>>
Had maybe 3 completely sober days since this year started.

Wake up, go to work hung over, beers for lunch, work, go home vodka and beer it up, cook dinner for gf but barely eat any myself.

When you drink enough you don't really feel hungry, at least I don't.
>>
>>35095673
Apparently suboxone withdrawl is worse than heroin withdrawls
I went through heroin withdrawls so I wouldn't touch suboxone with a fifty foot pole
>>
I'm 37 years old now. I've been an alcoholic since I was 17. I spent most of my 20s in sobriety, but fell off the wagon hardcore around 28. It's been pretty fucking rocky since then, although I'm not physically addicted to it anymore. Also, whereas I used to be a maintenance drinker early on, I've switched to binge drinking -- every two or three days. I don't know what else to say. If you have questions, I can try to answer. I've been drinking a loooong ass time.
>>
>>35095013

Yea. I drink once every 5 weeks and I usually drink until I get tipsy. I need to lay off it man, I just can't. Once every 5 weeks I just go on a crazy binge and drink like, 5 jaegerbombs in a row, it makes me tipsy AS FUCK. Sometimes I say crazy things like "Woah, this party is crazy!" and stuff like "Damn, that girls ass is nice".

It's ruining ,my life
>>
I'm afraid I'm getting there. I was out with a couple under 21 friends last night and all I wanted to do was start drinking. If I'm at home and I don't have anything to do I basically just drink until I fall asleep.
>>
I've been drinking almost half a liter of hard liquor pretty much every day for about 2 years now (though my current job has forced me to cut back a bit, as now I have to drive to work at 6:30am)
>>
>>35095790
I feel for you, bro. Stay strong :( :( oregano
>>
>>35095753
I'm willing to try anything at this point. Depression is fucking up my life. Even working out didn't help much, so I doubt I have a serotonin problem that can be fixed with SSRI's.
>>
>>35095765
Do you drink in the mornings, like before work?
>>
>>35095802
Same on the nothing to do drinking. Sober world is boring as fuck.
>>
>>35095765
I sometimes feel like I'm on my way to this. I didn't drink a drop of alcohol until about 24. I started working a very stressful, shitty job and got into the habit of drinking a couple of cans of lager every night when I got home. It was just nice to have that sedative effect to unwind. Then on the weekends I'd start drinking around mid-day.

It's been about two years since I started doing that regularly, and now I'm on to drinking spirits because my body can't get drunk off lager in any decent amount of time anymore. Up to about half a litre of whiskey every night. Little bit more on the weekends.

I don't have any of the physical aspects either, but I certainly notice I'm irritable and angry the next day if I decide to try and go an evening without a drink.

But no day drinking on work days or anything, so I struggle to call myself an actual alcoholic. I feel like I'm at that stage where I say I can stop if it began to affect my career / daytime life.

Did you ever get to the point with drinking where it started affecting your work life? Did it happen gradually, or did the floodgates just open one day?
>>
i drink my fair share. not always every night, but the last few weeks it has been every night and not always to being drunk. just having a drink. i still consider myself an alcoholic because if i wasn't, i wouldn't need to feel like i'll just one beer or whatever. could just completely do without.

i really want to quit but i don't know how and i don't want to go to AA. my last relationship actually tanked because of my drinking which was much much worse then. i've done a lot better, but it's still a problem.
>>
File: 1442535022663.jpg (40KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442535022663.jpg
40KB, 375x500px
I haven't slept sober in 6 years. I've tried to go to sleep sober and I can't. I just lie awake in bed all night and never sleep. I tried going 3 days in a row hoping I'd get tired enough but I just was never able to sleep for 72 hours. I don't know how I'm supposed to stop drinking every day if I literally can't sleep without alcohol.
>>
>>35095871
Usually not. I have a job that involves liability and the possibility of malpractice. I've definitely gone shitfaced once or twice. But I really try to not do that since I don't feel like ruining my life.
>>
>>35095916
My floodgate was getting arrested 3 different times and having 11 pending charges in the matter of 3 months all so drunk I hardly remember them at best. I was an honors student expelled from university and forced to go into rehab. Did 6 months in rehab and was able to get back into school after I got out. I've been sober for close to 3 years but sometimes I only think it's because of the consequences if I violate my probation.

I was able to get a great lawyer though and nothing is on my record. I came so close to destroying my future.
>>
>>35095996
Ask a doctor for benzos + sleeping pills. Worked for me.
>>
>>35096097
My doctor refused me sleep medication because he didn't want me to get addicted.
>>
>>35095916
I got kicked out of my PhD because of my drinking. There were other drugs involved too so I'm not too sure that I can blame it all on booze. Other really horrible things were going on in my life too that caused a lot of stress. But to answer your question, things escalated really quickly so it was not a gradual thing at all.
>>
> be me 2015
> 26
> 8/10 classicaly handsome, physically fit
> solid 10/10 perfect in every way gf
> together 4 years, lived together 3
> get engaged Halloween
> break up mid January 2016
> start drinking 3-4 times a week
> very shortly after, dog dies
Got him during a VERY rough patch at 20. Kept me alive, and happier than most people's kids do. Always by my side. Always.
> start drinking 6 pack every day
> couple weeks later upgrade to 12 pack a day
> too expensive. Start drinking Steele reserves

> be me now
>28 in a couple weeks
> born again robot with no social skills at all
> get the definition of "black out drunk" on Steele reserves every single night.

I'm ok when I'm busy, but as soon as I'm not focused working I just want to kill myself because I miss her, and him, so fucking much. She was exactly what all robots want. 10/10, petite blonde, not a roastie, loves anime, and vidya, extremely loyal, and was up for anything in bed.
Haven't fucked in well over a year now, last time was with her. Don't even want to with anyone else.
>>
>>35096111
Get a jewish doctor. Theyll do anything for money
>>
File: 1487873875671.jpg (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487873875671.jpg
195KB, 600x600px
>>35095013
I am.

I started drinking daily 8 years ago. Am in intense pain every morning and often shit blood and make the house smell like pennies the rest of the day.

Drink 3-4 half gallons of popov a week.

If i stopped I would likely have a seizure and die, If I don't stop I'll still die from alcohol related problems.

Last time I was at a dr was 7 years ago and he told me my liver was pretty fatty, Can only imagine what they would say now
>>
>>35096111
You need to be honest with doctors. If you tell them about your 72h episode, and your drinking problems in general they'll give you what you need. Unless you live in some totalitarian state they can't send you to rehab or anything without your consent. I spilled my guts to my shrink about depression, drinking, sleeping problems etc. and I get SSRIs, benzos and sleeping pills no problem.
>>
>>35096345
That's hardcore. It's probably stupid to ask this, but why do you do it? Or why did you do it? Cuz I know that the reasons can change over time.
>>
>>35096736
Started out as trying to be normie with my brother, Then my brother died in a car accident. After that I started drinking because I was upset and angry.

Kept drinking because I was lonely and isolated myself from everyone.

Still drink mostly for the same reasons, bu now to stop sweating/shaking and also because I hate my life and being drunk is more enjoyable then being sober.

I kinda wish I never drank, But at the same time I would never quit drinking. Even If i had a magic pill that would cause me to never want to drink again or experience WD, I still wouldn't take it

Kinda depressing at times because I know both my parents will outlive me and they already buried my brother.
>>
>>35096214

>> 8/10 classicaly handsome, physically fit

Screenshot yourself
>>
>>35096791

Stop being an over dramatic faggot and get a life. Your bother died, you got depressed and became an alcoholic degenerate. Shit happens, now get over it or die
>>
File: rsz_20170224_120508.jpg (340KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_20170224_120508.jpg
340KB, 2016x1512px
>>35096736
Here's a pic.

I usually buy 2 at a time from random stores so people don't start to remember me.

This is just since Wednesday at 5pm, it's Friday at 9am right now for reference

>>35096826
Suck my dick
>>
>>35096791
I recommend seeing a doctor if you can, if only to get an idea of how your body's doing.

People's bodies are surprisingly resistant to alcohol abuse, you may not be as bad off as you think. Liver disease is treatable, there are a LOT of alcoholics in the world dude doctors know how to deal with this shit.
>>
>>35095013
I'm an alcoholic.
Stopped drinking 6 months ago though.
Got a little to wild with my gf during sex, it ruined the relationship.
If I'm ever going to have a functional relationship and get back into the work force, I had to quit drinking.
So, I did.
My only regret is it took a serious incident to make me stop drinking, instead of just stopping in the first place.
I love drinking...
But, it's not sustainable, or viable in a relationship and functioning in society.

Sobriety is fucking boring.
But... I'd rather be bored and depressed than than keep doing stupid shit while I'm drunk.

Pic related.
It's what I normally had on hand, and about how much I went through a month.
>>
>>35096853
So you drank 2/3 of one handle in 2 nights? That's not too bad. I'd say a liter of liquor a day is when it starts to get serious. A handle of vodka would last me about 3 days usually when I still drank liquor, sometimes I'd drink more though depending on how I felt that night. When I finally cleaned out my room I had 7 large trashbags full of just empty jugs of vodka.
>>
For the past 6 years I've been drunk pretty much every single night. Anything less than 7 drinks is a light night for me. I've been in college for a stem degree and I have really good grades so it's been hard for me to see any consequences to my drinking. I'm 26, fat and have untreated high blood pressure. That's pretty much it. When I was younger I'd get the shakes 18 hours after my last drink but l make sure to take a day off every two weeks or so now and that doesn't happen to me any more.

On Wednesday I decided to go a night without the sauce because it's been a long time. I didn't really WD, I just slept it off for 30 hours. I was really happy with how well it went. Last night though I downed 2/3 of a bottle of vodka in about 2 hours then bought a 12 pack of pbr. I ended up puking on and washing my sheets twice. I rarely ever puke anymore but I just could not put this booze down my throat fast enough.
>>
>>35096214
know that feel brobot. that catalyst for my drinking was when an ex broke up with me that i thought i'd be with the rest of my life. i was so bummed i just sat in my parent's backyard drinking fifths of crown and listening to shitty sad music.

the drinking part has improved. the relationship aspect.. not so much.
>>
>>35095013
Alkie here. I've quit for multiple years before. I could never stay quit though. There seemed no point to sobriety after a while since my life was just as bad if not worse sober as it was drunk.
>>
How much alcohol is a lot?

I drink 6-8 500ml cans of beer a day and don't really eat.

Don't even get drunk from it anymore.
>>
File: 31.jpg (1MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
1MB, 2560x1600px
>>35097186
Yeah...
Quitting won't work unless you've got something to replace it with and are committed.
After 10 years of drinking I'm 6 months in.
I want to drink very badly...
But, I know it'll just be the same old routine.

You're right about life being just as shitty, if not more, while sober.
The only benefit to being sober is being more socially stable.
>>
>>35097191
At the height of my alcoholism I was drinking 3/4 of a handle a night.
Objectively, drinking more than a liter per night is heavy drinking. Even for alcoholics.
The toll it takes on your body is tremendous.
>>
Just ordered delivery... . A nice big bottle of vodka and beer. It's noon. Too drunk to drive to the store myself. My alcoholism skills are quite impressive. Not sure what else to say. Would chat with some fellow robot alcoholics right now. Kik is lil.lizzyy8
>>
>>35095013
I thought I was, I was drinking every day, a few beers + a few glass of whiskey.

Two weeks ago the girl I liked told me she didn't wanna see me anymore, I thought I would go full drunk and be fuck up for a week, but I'm just depress and haven't drink since, so I'm guessing I'm not really an alcoholic, before I was just bored.
>>
>>35096214
sorry to hear that robot
I don't wanna sound like a chad but sounds if you can put an effort and go out you can meet another nice girl
>>
>>35095013
I've gone to bed sober once in the past two months.
>>
>>35097278

I don't know what a handle is but I'm guessing it's an American term regarding spirits?

Is a litre of beer really as bad as a litre of spirits?
>>
>>35097433
Who delivers vodka and beer?
>>
I started going to AA meetings after being a moderatly heavy drinker.

The anxiety and deppression have lift significantly. The wieght off my shoulders of having to worry about what i did drink is gone. I don't even think about alcohol anymore.

It feels so good to have it out of my life, and my life has improved significantly. I have been able to put my obsessive mind towards productivbe goals rather than obsessing about killing myself.

AA is gay as fuck at first but I enjoy it now and it's free. Being able to say the fucked up shit in your head without being judged is very therapudic. I one time cried in front of everyone like a little girl and everyone told me how they were like that once as well. In my neighborhood there is allot of doctors and lawyers in the meetings and have made some great coonections and friends.

1.25 years sober thanks to AA
>>
>>35097657
Handle is a 1.75 liter container of any hard alcohol. Not beer and stuff like that.
It's something the kids call it.
I just assumed everyone knew what it was.
>>
>>35095013
i'm the type of person to take two shots at the bar and go back outside and work
>>
>>35097657
A handle is a 1.75L bottle of liquor. It's too big to grip with one hand so they put a handle on it.
>>
>>35096214
>10/10

I believe you 100%. I'm glad she left you. Retards like you should die alone.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 600x434px
I get black out drunk every night after work, I drink about 20ozs of whisky usually straight but sometimes il have coke with it.

I try to stop once in awhile but I end up just sitting in my apartment anxious as fuck and I can't enjoy anything. I tell myself I don't have withdraws if I stop drinking for a day or too but I'm just lying to myself. I'm 22 and live like an angry 40 year old alcoholic. Feelsbad.

Anyone here at/have been at this level before and got sober? What did you do?
>>
>>35097823

Find your local AA meeting and they will fix you up. Just do what they say and you'll be happy again sober over time.
>>
>>35097676
Not him but I'll reply. I'm a slavfag and some time last month I heard my friend ordered a bottle of vodka via taxi. I'm 24 and never knew you could do that. It makes sense as it's just like a normal fare for them (I think friend still had to come downstairs and walk up to the cab to make the exchange). I dunno about regular grocery stores that also do delivery, they might be bound by some moralfag regulations but who knows. Also a quick google and I found something called Saucey which is supposedly an Uber for ordering booze.
>>35097677
Nice.
>>35097823
I'm this >>35095359 guy so probably less hardcore than you but sleeping pills + benzos + hatred of living the way I used to worked for me.
>>
>>35095013
Idk if I'm an alcoholic. I love drinking beer and Cheleda 'S and that's about it.

Drinking with a beer only habit is fucking expensive and it's taking a toll on me financially.

I try not to drink everyday but the boredom gets the better of me so I'll go buy a 12 pack, finish 8-9 at night and start of the next day finishing the rest and feeling like shit.

I absolutely refuse to be social or go to any social event without alcohol (beer).

If there's beer in my fridge I'm drinking it regardless of the time of day, responsibilities, etc.

I don't neccisarily like getting drunk per say. In a perfect situation I'd just drink like 4 beers and just keep the buzz going with more when it starts to wear off but obviously that doesn't happen all that much as 4 usually becomes 8 most of the time and then I actually am drunk to the point there's nothing left to do in the moment but drink more.

You tell me?
>>
>>35097823
shit man i feel 40 yrs old sometimes. my maturity is growing exponentially.
>>
This feels like a secluded thread from what r9k has become, I like it.
Iktf robots.
>>
I think I'm a semi alcoholic. Atleast a binge drinker.

I'll drink a 26er in one day like 4 times a week.

ill also drink like a 40 in one day twice a week

it aint that bad

I get real fiesty when im drunk and start arguments then if im lucky ill pass out. if im not ill black out and end up puking and pissing on the floor and yelling and playying music loud.

i once drank two 40s and woke up 2 days later in a bed covered in shit, piss and puke.

i had to throw a 400 dolllar duvet out :C
>>
>>35098010
I'd say you're addicted at least psychologically.
>>
>>35098196
We've all been there.

Hell just this past December sometime I decided to get a bottle of whiskey. All I remember is just playing rocket league and overwatch with my online buddy, then blasting some music and then I woke up at 4am, 2/3 of the bottle gone with puke all over my bed, all over the toilet bowl, in the shower. Man it was so fucking gross,and all I ate previously were wasabi ginger potato chips and it smelled so fucking awful. I had to spend like 70$ on new sheets a new pillow and a new comforter because the smell would not go away. Hell even thinking of that wasabi ginger smell makes me gag a bit now.

I haven't and I don't think even could touch hard liquor anymore, atleast not whiskey.

I just drink beer now but I've never drunk enough to puke off it. Also atleast beer tastes good.
>>
>>35095013
I have chronic pancreatitis that caused type 1 diabetes. I still drink. Does this make me an addict?
>>
File: jenkemitsthegoodshit.jpg (6KB, 159x202px) Image search: [Google]
jenkemitsthegoodshit.jpg
6KB, 159x202px
>>35098196
>40s
Do you weigh 40kg or are you a fucking virgin 16 yr old trying to sound "cool". Fucking faggot.
>>
>>35098800
Not him but people who easily get drunk can be alcoholics, too. And it sucks all the same, if not more.
t. light-weight alkie.
>>
>>35095013
I cant comprehend how people can drink that filth and call themselves human. The taste of any form of alcohol is death
>>
>>35098800
im talking about 40s of 80 proof shit faglord

i aint drink that shit mead shit or whatever.

vodka or scotch depends if i feel like killing myself or feel fancy
>>
>>35098957
Adults cook for themselves so we can eat anything we want. I can eat nothing but stuff that tastes good. It gets really boring after a while. The true patrician tastes, taste bad. Spicy, bitter, unpleasant stuff that's totally new and exciting. It actually tastes really good. The bitterness is refreshing and cathartic. I'm sure you'll learn when you're older.
>>
File: 04KENTUCKYWEB-master675.jpg (56KB, 675x458px) Image search: [Google]
04KENTUCKYWEB-master675.jpg
56KB, 675x458px
Being an alcoholic sucks

I sweat so badly at night I soak my sheets all the way through every day and when it dries it reeks of weird alcohol and BO smell.

Every morning I go to the liquor store and buy vodka then go to mcdonalds and order an egg mc muffin and 2 orange juices, then I mix half and half vodka and orange juice till it's all gone on the drive to work, that lasts me till about 3 pm. I drink another half pint of vodka hidden in my desk at that time, then when I get home I drink about a fith from 6pm -midnight, pass out sweating, wake up with the shakes and do it all over again

everyone at work knows, but they don't say anything and I get my work done
>>
Does drinking any amount daily during the daytime make you an alcoholic?

What about 2-3 drinks spaced out over the day and then 1-2 drinks at night?

Is the drinking during the day that makes you an alcoholic, or the volume of alcohol consumed?
>>
>>35099064
Im 21 and can drink and buy the trash as much as I want and still havent had the urge to touch that or cigars, cigarettes, etc.

Shit is not only bad for your body but also your mind and yet people still cater to these companies and call themselves smart while drinking and smoking themselves to death. I hate how companies profit from your damn idiocy
>>
>>35099153

can you stop and not drink for a week without getting the shakes?

if not then you are an alcohol
>>
>>35099175
Whoa! No need to throw a temper tantrum kiddo. It's an acquired taste, you'll be mature enough to appreciate it some day.

Well, if you don't stay an immature brat your whole life.
>>
>>35098196
Jesus you're a light weight. I mean, I guess that's a good thing. I wish I could get totally shitfaced off a 40.
>>
>>35098670
Yeah, I'd say so. Better cut it out if you want to live.
>>
>>35099276
>appreciate death

No thanks but I appreciate the positivity over a form of life coping in the form of a beverage
>>
>>35099312
Don't want to live so. =)
>>
>>35099321
You're not gonna life very long if you're scared of a little fermented grain juice.
>>
>>35099321
I find your outlook admirable. But also kind of naive. I'm guessing you haven't dealt with too many hardships in life if you can't understand why something like alcohol would be appealing to some folks.
>>
I'm not alcoholic but get these alcohol streaks. About a month ago I was getting drunk every day. It lasted around three weeks. Since then I've only drank on weekends. Its been almost a week since I last drank now.

I like it a little, tho. Being sober sucks but after being drunk for too long it grosses me out.
>>
I drink at least half a 5th of 98 proof rum every night. Been this way for 3 years
>>
The thing I hate about my alcoholism is that the person people think I am is not the real me.

It's the drunk me.

For every interaction I am drunk or have alcohol in my system to such an extent that people think that is how I am.

So everyone thinks I am jovial and witty and personable. But actually I'm a total wreck without alcohol in my system.

I'm living a total lie and I don't know who to tell or how to break out of it.
>>
>>35099823
Are you me?! My wife is the same way.. i dont know if i can stand my wife if she keeps drinking, yet if i stop i know i couldnt stand her.
>>
been an alcoholic for the last 2.5 years. it got really out of control for a while after my gf left me, and because i was poor, i began replacing meals with 40oz beers and flasks of the cheapest whiskey imaginable.

eventually i got in trouble with the law for doing reckless shit and ended up in jail. now i'm living at home trying to get sober (which lasted about 5 months, but lately i've been drinking almost every night)
>>
>>35100091
Reckless shit? Tell me your story
>>
>>35099861

Do you mean you are like me or your wife is like me?
>>
>>35100225
I am like you...
>>
>>35100259

yeah it's hard.

I wish I could tell people that I am struggling a lot but they think I'm functioning ok.
>>
>>35099153
honestly the term has a wide range, and the number of drinks means very little as an objective measure. At my worst I was drinking about 15 drinks a day, which was essentially what it took to maintain a constant buzz throughout the day.

But how I see it is that it's less about the volume or drinking in the day, which are definitely good indicators/measurements of severity, but I think it's only accurately measured by the intent/willpower of the drinker. Like for me, once I finish a drink, I begin craving another until it becomes an overwhelming force. It totally takes over, and the act of drinking becomes the most important focus, despite whatever I was trying to accomplish that day.
>>
I don't know if I'm an alcoholic but I have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol. I'm bordering on sobriety at the moment
I can have alcohol in the house and not feel any desire to drink it and I don't really drink in the evening or days off.
But if I go out around people or go to work I'll get drunk first thing in the morning. I also tend to binge drink, I end up passing out a lot when I plan to get drunk, but when I just drink to take the edge off I'm fine. I'll be drunk before work and bring a flask with me that I take with me in the bathroom at work. People tell me I'm a better person drunk and they don't like me sober, I'm friendlier at work, without being drunk I can barely talk because of my anxiety. I lost my few friends because all we had in common was drinking and I wanted to get away from that but I can't make new friends without alcohol. I feel trapped by my anxiety more than alcohol.
>>
>>35100221
i used to like to get drunk and high and then steal cars, like hot wire them and shit. one time i was a bit too off-my-rocker, and it was late, and the streets were empty and I was feeling kind of suicidal/manic, and i just started speeding through red lights and shit. got pulled over, attempted to bullshit my way out of it, but once they looked up the plates i was fucked. honestly, i'm a huge piece of shit, i know what i was doing was really fucked, but god damn it felt good while it lasted.
>>
>>35100460
and by high i meant on crack.
>>
I'd be an alcoholic if I could afford it. Can't keep any in the house without binging on it til it's gone, never works out buying big jugs of shit cuz it's relatively cheap. The problem I think is that it never feels like "enough". Like I never reach that point where I think "this is a good level of intoxication, I feel good and just want to maintain about this level." It's always "just a little more, just a little more..." and so on until I'm blacked out posting dumb shit on facebook or texting people. Fucking embarrassing.

Been working on it though. Buying just a tiny bit of alcohol, like 1 big beer and drinking it slowly, thinking to myself "this is enough". I think it's helping.
>>
>>35100343
Im there with you. Everyone is blind to my deal. Its my wife everyone knows is bad off.
>>
>>35096214
>steel reserve
Yep. 2 for $3 where I'm at. Can't beat those prices, especially when each one equals like 3 or 4 normal beers.
>>
>>35100460
I understand loving the rush im with you only, my case b&e just because i can i hang out a while and leave maby take a lil cash, but never anything else.. never been caught
>>
File: 1482040119345.jpg (151KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1482040119345.jpg
151KB, 864x1152px
>>35095013
Former alcoholic here. Felt the need for alcohol when I got home from work.
If I didn't get drunk when going back home, I would feel like shit, and consider my evening wasted. I usually drank half of a 75cl 40'o per day.

I stopped drinking thanks to Kratom. Made me coldturkey this shit, and now I'm 4 months in sober (I still get drunk during parties, but those are rare, so I don't consider myself an alcoholic anymore.)
Kratom helped so much than I didn't even feel delirium tremens. Anyone who wants to stop drinking should try it. It will require a bit of discipline the first couple of days, but it really helps.
If you're from Europe, get refined kratom (In pills, works best) from Kratomexperts. Their website looks like shit, but their kratom is the best bang for your buck, and is good quality.
I started with 8 pills (4g) a day. You have to take it on an empty stomach for best effects. You can take it twice a day if you feel like you're going to snap.
>>
>>35100660
Kratom is really an excellent drug. They tried to ban it in the US recently but it didn't go through because there was a public outcry about it. It's great for handling addictions to alcohol and opiates. And you can't really OD on it, take too much and you puke, take it too often and you get constipated. The site "good looking loser" has a good guide to cycling kratom strains to prevent building up a tolerance.
>>
File: 1436819282014.jpg (51KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1436819282014.jpg
51KB, 720x960px
I don't feel comfortable if there's no alcohol in the house. I ALWAYS need to have at least enough for that night. Even if I have some but I'm not sure it's enough I'll really nervous and can't settle down until I go get some more. Especially if it starts getting late in the day I'll be thinking about how the stores are gonna close and even the 24 hour places can't sell it after midnight and what the hell am I gonna do then?

Have you guys ever stolen beer? I have. A lot. Like, hundreds of times when I didn't have money to buy it. I've got a network of stores around my area I know have a layout that allows me to steal cases of beer. It's easier than you'd think. If you can act casual, and casually get near the door, and casually walk out. It's just that easy. Nobody's going to stop you. I've never gotten stopped at least. Except for once when I was stupid and cocky and did it right in front of Loss Prevention (store security). I got arrested for petit larceny, the police station was right across the street. Thankfully the judge dismissed the charge after I did some community service. Of course I didn't stop drinking or stealing drinks. Most places don't have loss prevention. Today for example. It's the warmest day in a while, temperatures in the mid 60s Fahrenheit. Lots of people out, big crowds for me to blend into. I took a 30-pack from walmart and a pair of 12-packs from a grocery next door. Suddenly, I feel reassured. There were only 5 beers in the fridge before, but now I've got plenty to drink.
>>
>>35100459

I identify with this.

Alcoholism is a progressive disease.

I'd get help if I were you before you're that real 5 th a day drunk.
>>
>>35095013

At the moment I have to seriously moderate it to evenings and half the week to save money and keep my family unaware.

The amount of beers I have a night is slowly creeping up, not sure how long itll be till I get bad. I dont want to romantisize it but I really dont care what happens anymore
>>
>>35101006
I've stolen booze once. I was with a friend and we stole a box of wine. It was cool.

Then we tried to steal some beer from a supermarket but we got caught. It had no consequences other than the feeling of failure. I don't think I have the guts to do it on my own tho.
>>
I was an alcoholic last year, but in my defense, it didn't take much to get me tipsy. I am still a lightweight. Drank during work, would feel like shit, would drink alone on Friday nights, would drink on weekends. Basically went through I think was a spell of depression but I'm over it now. I think I showed signs of alcoholism. I would always want to drink when I went out. I would buy a 6 pack every Friday night and destroy it, and fall asleep.

I'm at a much better place now, though. I got my shit together, and am actually drinking at a brewery tonight.
>>
>>35101760
>drank during work

how did you not get caught?
>>
>>35101802
I work in a brewery
>>
File: IMG_20170224_135035~2.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170224_135035~2.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>35095013
Fuck yeah homie, I'm drinking right now actually during my lunch break. Two beers and some rum. Fucking drinking is the only thing I look forward to during the day. I hope everyday my bosses smell the liquor on me and fire my ass but it still havsnt happened yet. Pic related, me drinking right now.
>>
>>35101760
>I would buy a 6 pack every Friday night and destroy it

You sure are a lightweight.
>>
>>35101802
More people drink at work than you might think. Not necessarily getting drunk, just having a few drinks.

I used to work at a gas station next door to a diner. Every day one of the servers, Jim, would come in on his break for a pack of Newports and a few tall cans of hard iced tea. I think it was like 7% abv. I'd double bag them so his boss couldn't see the cans.
>>
Binge drinker here. I can keep it together sober like 4 - 5 days in a row, but after that I just get completely trashed. Its amazing I still haven't gotten a DUI or fired from work yet because I drive and show up drunk all the time.
>>
>>35101341
>...I really dont care what happens anymore...
If you don't care what happens anymore you might as well stop drinking. You see, life is living hell and will continue being hell whether you drink or not mentally. The problem is that you probably don't understand how much lower actual rock bottom is if you keep drinking, I'm talking vomiting and shitting blood and constant abdominal pain...
>>
File: 1487814735744s.jpg (8KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1487814735744s.jpg
8KB, 250x247px
>>35101990
How many years showing up drunk. I want to get fired so bad for drinking on the job. Hate being a wagie and just want off this fucking ride. Please Bannon.
>>
>>35101802
Not the person you asked but I used to drink at work all the time
>Before going work I'd bring a plastic bottle filled with soda and then topped with alcohol, used to drink that at work and no one noticed
>Hip flask with alcohol, drank during bathroom breaks or outside
>Had hiding spots in the staff bathroom that I put beer cans when I started my shift and drank them when I went to the bathroom
>Chewed gum a lot so no one could smell the alcohol
>>
>>35095855
Please try SSRI's before suboxone. Suboxone is highly addictive and not something you want to be on, it really should only be used for people that are substituting something even worse (i.e. heroin). Hell I would even recommend weed over suboxone.
>>
I drink every other day, and I try not to drink past the point of tipsy. Does that make an alcoholic? I drink mostly out of boredom and my consumption is about 1 litre to 1.5 litre a week. I should probably reduce that. But does that make an alcoholic?
>>
>>35102412

According to the DSM-IV criteria for alcohol dependence, at least three out of seven of the following criteria must be manifest during a 12-month period:

>Tolerance
>Withdrawal symptoms
>Use in larger amounts or for longer periods than intended
>Persistent desire or unsuccessful efforts to cut down on alcohol use
>Time is spent obtaining alcohol or recovering from effects
>Social, occupational and recreational pursuits are given up or reduced because of alcohol use
>Use is continued despite knowledge of alcohol-related harm (physical or psychological)
>>
>>35102591
Seems pretty easy to hit at least a few of those.
>>
>>35102705
Yeah that's the issue. I've definitely taken a detour at times to get alcohol or crave it at times.
>>
I've never drank before thinking of buying some rum but kinda don't know what's good.
>>
After 4 years of drinking almost every day my tolerance had finally become noticeable. I need at least a half bottle (325 ml) a night just to keep a buzz going.
>>
>>35103535
Sucks doesn't it. I've got alcoholic genes and it takes a shitload to get anywhere. Shit's expensive. Lightweights are lucky.
>>
> already friday night
Drinking rum and coke, what are you anons drinking?
>>
File: tired.jpg (45KB, 510x470px) Image search: [Google]
tired.jpg
45KB, 510x470px
>>35103921
a 50-50 mix of ron barcelo and Monster
>>
have a question robots, which is the best board to ask about drugs? I'm tired of smoking weed, I want to try some mushrooms and I've decided to try to grow some, anybody have tried? where can I ask?
>>
I go on benders that last anywhere from a week to a month, about 12-14 drinks per day.I drink untill I fall asleep and then do it again. On some days I can drink 24. But you start to get really sick to the point where you have to quit because liquid is coming out of your arse and mouth.

It's really cold out and I want to have a moderate amount (6 drinks) but my mommy won't drive m to the liquor store because I "have a problem".
>>
>>35095013
I worry that I'm becoming one. I don't drink all that much compared to a lot of alcoholics. 2-3 drinks maybe 4 or 5 days a week.

But it's my way of dealing with stress, and I'm slowly drinking more as time goes on.
>>
>>35104274
Nothing to worry about there. I was downing 5 shots in 5 minutes at the age of 14. Some people just can't stop once they've started. Sure there are functional alcoholics, but noone drinks 2-3 drinks if they're an alcoholic. That won't even get you tipsy.

Let me guess, you are a woman?
>>
>>35104344
>Let me guess, you are a woman?

No, just a smaller guy. And I guess I should clarify that by 2-3 drinks I mean mixed drinks with 2 oz of bourbon each. Like I said, it's not that much, but 6 months ago it was a beer with dinner maybe twice a week.
>>
>>35095013
Should I get into drinking. I've drunk before but I wanna feel numb.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.