[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize /adv/ is full of shit?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: r4KIMfRh.jpg (92KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
r4KIMfRh.jpg
92KB, 576x1024px
When did you realize /adv/ is full of shit?
>>
>>35091422
They're just trying to be nice.
But desu it went to shit once that Adblock-postblock happened.

As much as I love to help people, I'm not going to disable ublock and get my ass raped from malware just to help some fagits.
Also /r9k/ is similar sometimes so, not that different.
>>
>>35091422
/adv/ has yet to steer me wrong.
>>
>>35091485
One, r9k is full of rabid auismos who know nothing more than anime and muh tendies

Two, I don't give a flying FUCK about who's nice and who isn't, that place should be about the cold hard truth and nothing else
>>
>>35091534
>What are filters

But yeah, /adv/ should be cold and think logically, no shitposting or "muh feelings" and "feels".
I stopped lurking there as soon that ban happened, haven't been browsing there since it's not worth my time.
But when I was there I used to be cold and think logically, but also put on Anon's shoes while also walk on the broken glass they walked as well.
>>
The moment I saw it was on this 4chin website
>>
>>35091574
Yeah man I frankly don't get it, why would you even bother beating around the bush on a board focused soley on helping each other out? Especially when there are multiple far more interesting boards to shitpost on
>>
File: 1467067659075.jpg (312KB, 880x916px) Image search: [Google]
1467067659075.jpg
312KB, 880x916px
>>35091606
Well, I don't always shitpost all the time, I felt back then to help some anon's out, since actually there are true depressed people that are not shitposting.

Also seeing these anons getting better makes me feel good, like if that anon was my own son and started to motivate him to be a better man.

But I guess I'm a little biased, since I really wished to have a couple of sons, but don't want to bother on a relationship with some THOT that will give me a divorce and make me a hobo.
Will try surrogacy later on maybe?

But anyway, I also shitpost sometimes as well on [s4s] and post funny shit on other boards, pic related.
>>
>>35091485
>Adblock-postblock
What the fuck? That's a thing? Why on that particular board?

Not sure if I would trust the advice of someone who browses without adblock.
>>
File: 1482629565144.gif (163KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1482629565144.gif
163KB, 380x380px
>>35091686
Yup, go to /adv/ homepage and click on the [Start new thread] and you will see that "default ruleset".

Dunno if Hiro was thinking this, since I know it's a bad sterotype of /adv/ that is full of /soc/ normalfags, but dunno why he did that really?
Shit's weird, I started to think it might be a beta testing of what happens if only non-adblock users post, so I hope that kind of shit won't happen to all boards for fucks sake.
>>
>>35091727
Here it is
>AdBlock users: The default ruleset blocks images on /adv/. You must disable AdBlock to browse /adv/ properly.
>>
/adv/ can be pretty bigoted and prejudice if you show characteristics of mental illnesses and autistic traits. A lot of victim blaming and just world fallacies. And plus, they seem less motivated by giving actual advice, and more just trying to tell you what to do.
>>
File: Sad-loli.jpg (70KB, 680x578px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-loli.jpg
70KB, 680x578px
>>35091751
>Current state of /adv/
Well, it was good while it lasted, this is why /r9k/ is my new board desu.

But if we really think deeply about it, most boards are going to shit and what it used to be is dying.

For example, the death of DJT,Sadpanda and Waifu Wednesday on /a/, lots of gaymen shit on /g/ and a fuckton of generals, traposting and steamfeels on /r9k/, etc.

And the worst part is I don't have anywhere to go, maybe some anons in 4chan think the same as well.
>>
>>35091751
A board that tells entitled sperglords the truth instead of what they want to hear? The horror!

Thankfully /r9k/ will always be your hugbox and reinforce your beliefs, telling you what you want to hear regardless of facts.
>>
>>35091976
>A board that tells entitled sperglords the truth instead of what they want to hear?
You sometimes have to tell people what they want to hear when giving them advice; empathy before honesty. Otherwise you just lose your audience, and are pretty much smacking them in the face than 'helping' them.
>>
>>35092032
If you're losing the audience of autistic entitled manchildren, then I'm all for it.
>>
>>35091976
advice has to be flexed and made relative to the person you're giving it to, white boy. if you're giving them something they're not willing to take, then you failed at giving them advice. :/

you're basically the main reason why most self-help books are terrible.
>>
>>35092053
Then you're not giving advice, or anything remotely similar. You're just a bigot.
>>
I probably should've mentioned how ableist /adv/ is a lot of the time, for example: >>35091976, >>35092053.
>>
>>35091671
Okay that is actually hillarious, but what I really mean are threads that are actually asking for help
>>
>>35091422
most people are shit at giving advice. it's mostly just anecdotal evidence, and giving what works for them rather than what works for whoever they're giving advice to.
>>
File: nozomi.jpg (35KB, 408x362px) Image search: [Google]
nozomi.jpg
35KB, 408x362px
>>35092106
But I did used to help them on /adv/, on /r9k/ I obviously do.

Also the other anons were on a nice debate, didn't want to join them since in a way both are right, you can actually make a mentally ill guy kill himself if you don't give them a bit less harsh advice, but also you shouldn't pamper them like a little kid, they're a grown ass man too.

Both you are kind of right, but you also aren't.

You guys should be able to ask youself this question this night: Are you really doing it right?
>>
>>35092151
When giving advice, you kind have to coddle the person sometimes. You need to get them in a state when they're more willing to accept whatever it is you're saying. If not, you have to pull back and try again later. Otherwise the advice in question will have the opposite effect and might end in them walking away, being too defensive the next time you try, or making things worse.
>>
>>35091422
isn't that the stuff you use to shoot a sniper rifle?
>>
File: Good night.jpg (153KB, 356x458px) Image search: [Google]
Good night.jpg
153KB, 356x458px
>>35092183
Yup, bingo.
That's how you do it, Anon-kun!

Anyway, will read this thread tomorrow.
Oyasumi.
>>
>>35092215
It's addictive, too. Unless you're a snake.
>>
Why i cant post on adv, its the only board that says "connection error" when i try to post
>>
>>35092281
Read the thread >>35091739

Original OG gangsta
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.