[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>BECOME A PROGAMMER THEY MAKE LOTS OF MONIES CREATING GAMES

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: fuck off.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>BECOME A PROGAMMER THEY MAKE LOTS OF MONIES CREATING GAMES AND YOU GET TO WORK FOR COOL PLACES LIKE GOOGLE!

When will this meme end? i majored in computer science and I have never been more miserable.
>>
>like Google
That's only if you go to Cornell or higher in status. It's nigh impossible to get into a company like that if you go to any other college.
>>
I'm really happy with my programming job. I even own a percentage of my company.

Didn't graduate college though, maybe you just fell for the STEM meme.
>>
File: manga_guide_to_calculus.png (387KB, 492x650px) Image search: [Google]
manga_guide_to_calculus.png
387KB, 492x650px
>>35085138
What is your typical workday like, anon?

I'm curious because I'm currently studying CS.
>>
>>35085203

Lmao I personally know 3 people from my dinky state school who interviewed at Google, Facebook, and Spotify. The one for Google actually works there to this day.
>>
>>35085138
>no physical labor required
>easiest stem degree
>an okay hobby
you need to take it for what it is. you think you would have been happier if you were pre-med or a physics major?

>>35085203
it is definitely possible to score an interview with them even if you go to a shitty state school
>>
>>35085254
>>35085277
Interviews, yes, but there are thousands of other people from shitty state schools and also good schools interviewing, so your chances of actually getting accepted are incredibly low.
>>
>>35085138
It can be boring, but the only way I could see it being "miserable" is if you have no math/logic skills. If you can keep decent grades it's ridiculously easy to land internships and high-paying jobs.
>>
I'm currently doing a CS degree, and I really enjoy programming but I hate the way university is structured and how they teach it (doing exams for CS seems like a waste of time) If my major says multimedia but I still did some security stuff, could I still get hired?
>>
>>35085138

Well are you any good?
>>
>>35085138
>BECOME A COMPUTER ENGINEER IT'S SUPER COOL

It actually is, but I a die a little more inside everytime I fail to complete a proof by induction

Fucking calculus man
>>
>>35085305
I feel Google would care more about your algorithms knowledge and problem solving skills once you got to the interviewing stage. GPA, research experience, what school you went to, that's for getting your foot in the door.
>>
>>35085138
Why didnt you just choose a career field you were passionate about?
>>
>>35085482

I can cope with cuckulus

it's the humanities requirements...
>>
>>35085138
Your problem is that you didn't even crossdress
>>
>>35085482
Calculus is some basic math nigga. Wait until you do combinatorics
>>
File: 1487888268914.jpg (33KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487888268914.jpg
33KB, 750x750px
As a programmer, are you left alone?

I just want a job where I can work quietly by myself, and get payed for it.
>>
>>35085203
Don't forget state schools that have strong reps in the STEM field like Cal Poly SLO
>>
>>35085657
combinatorics is the most basic thing there is
>given two decks with jokers, what are the odds of drawing two queens followed by a jack followed by either another queen or the ace of spades?
see, no big math words, no operations required besides +-*/ and !, easy peasy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.