[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that place that may or may not exist in real life that you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

File: 1478924562648.jpg (498KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478924562648.jpg
498KB, 1920x1200px
>that place that may or may not exist in real life that you always imagine being in when you're daydreaming or lying in bed about to fall asleep and you want to feel happy

tell me about it. what's it like?
>>
It's complicated anon. You wouldn't understand.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (859KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
859KB, 1500x1000px
>>35071519
Classical architecture, half-empty streets surrounded by large, beautiful buildings with long hallways and large, beatiful netted ceilings.
Echoey violin ensembles and songs from the early 2000s are heard occasionally
>>
>>35071519
Its one of those comfy rooms where gondolas stay late at night while raining. You know them?
>>
File: dream home.jpg (220KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
dream home.jpg
220KB, 1000x750px
>>35071519
>picrelated
I know it's not original but the idea of a cabin in the woods is just so comfy. I imagine being there after a long day, drinking coffee or tea, surrounded by the wooden walls. I made it just in time before getting caught by the rain, and now I just cozily watch how it lands against the windows and hear it over my head. It's like I have my own safe portion in this world were nothing bad can happen to me. I don't think how feasible having internet in a place like this would be, but in any case I'd be happy with a TV, a DVD player and some video games.
>>
>hilly rural region in Spain/Portugal/France
>water nearby
>cold weather
>small cottage
>nobody in sight for miles
>fresh breeze on my face as I graze into the distance far away
>stupid goofy doggu to keep me company
>spend day reading or doing carpentry or working on some crazy project
>>
>>35072074
are you me, my dude?
>>
>Real life
Grassy plains or a desert, if it's near water I'm fine.
I'd live in a self built home, outside of town but not far.

>Imaginary
A floating home that overlooks a beautiful mountain range, I always imagine this in VR when I talk to myself.
>>
An ultra modern apartment overlooking a city, or the American frontier in general, particularly Halifax or some Canadian coast
>>
>snow, a lot of snow
>mountain / big hill
>a cottage on top of ^
>completely clear starry sky above me
>big, neverending forest below the hill that I look at from above
>lying in the snow next to the cottage or on some sort of meadow covered in thick snow and staring at the sky
>the only sound I can hear is cold winter wind and quiet cracking of the trees
>as I'm looking at the sky I'm imagining that maybe on a different planet there's a being that's doing something similar to me while also looking at the sky

I'd imagine that a lot of people have similar "dreams".
>>
File: 1466416876931.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1466416876931.gif
2MB, 500x500px
My imaginary home is no longer something like a house or a cabin.

Lately I have become increasingly disconnected from the outside world. My thoughts have become more abstract. I feel that I have seen the raw fabric of existence at the quantum level.

Like travelling through a tunnel of spinning, pulsating colors and shapes.
>>
>>35073137
I did a weed once too
>>
File: 1476495499924.gif (709KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476495499924.gif
709KB, 500x375px
>>35073170
This goes far beyond weed kid

This comes from years of sociap isolation, existential despair, hard critical thought, and tearing away the veil of society to see the true nature of existence.
>>
>>35071519
Living inside a giant tree, kind of like link's house in zelda Twilight princess.
But instead of a town, imagine living amongst an ancient forest in a perpetual state of dusk. The house could maybe even stretch underground into a mine, or into other trees that contain hundreds lf books.
You could form a small community with others who like to live this way, exchanging things like food, services and the like. Some people would explore the forest, others would farm or mine, but no matter what, the forest would always remain undisturbed.

That is the ultimate fantasy.
>>
>>35071519
Its deep in the woods, just general campsite at first and as time goes on more people join and we build our own wooden huts/adobe houses and storeroom, start growing our own food and weed+shrooms. Slowly we start bringing animals from the civilization, put nets in the nearby river to catch fishes. As time goes on i see the place in middle of winter, everything is covered in thick layer of snow and there is smoke coming out of the huts/houses roofs and people are all partying in the party longhouse, roasting lamb and chicken on the fire pits in the middle of the long house, they drink and do psychedelics and its all just so care free......

But that will never happen so suck my soul you fucking capitalistic demons.
>>
>>35071519
It's an island with an endless interior
>>
File: owls.jpg (190KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
owls.jpg
190KB, 480x480px
>>35073230
ever try DMT?
>>
It exists and ive been there, but they flattened the entire area then built a new middle class housing estate over it, now i have nowhere to go hide out on my own

It was pretty simple place, a grassy bank leading down to a brook in the middle of the woods, looking out over a few fields and a canal to a rural train station, many many happy, and, unfortunately sad times spent there
>>
>that place that may or may not exist in real life that you always imagine being in when you're daydreaming or lying in bed about to fall asleep and you want to feel happy
If we're talking more realistic ones
It's a part of a Japanese city that gives off some vaguely comfy and weird feeling.
Architecture of building and houses in the area are varied with Japanese and Japanese hybrid influences.
Has easy public transportation connections and closeness to essential places but still gives off the vibe of being it's own place just existing there.
Feelings that some sort of artistic, underground, or etc scene is there without even having to notice people.
Weather feels just right in the area.
Living there feels like a nostalgic experience with optimism for the future.
Things like blue hour and similar situations feel just perfect there.
It wouldn't be a overcrowded area but you'd see people often enough and there'd always be signs of life somewhere.
Traditional things and futuristic things around, wondering if there's time slips.
A place you joking say is a crossroads between universes, realities, dimensions, and other various things but wouldn't doubt for a second if you noticed something different.

(pic could be an example of some random side street)
>>
>>35071519
I had a place I continually visited in my fap fantasies that I truly hope actually exists. Very loosely based on a ski resort in Vail, Colorado.

>small, snowy town
>population of about 2,000, everyone knows or has heard of everyone
>everyone tends to have sex with everyone (save for a few holdouts)
>extremely strong film community
>place is a mish-mash of rustic and modern, like if you sprinkled Blade Runner over Twin Peaks.
>>
>>35076765
Yoooo that's some fucking vaporwave shit right there

I fucking dig it
>>
>>35076995
Nah fuck off with that vapormeme shit please
I hate that stuff
Stuff like that is the anti-thesis to what I want
>>
>>35071977
i can smell the pine
>>
>>35071519
it's never where, but with who
>>
>>35073230
You honestly think that you're starting to see your imaginary home as a tunnel of spinning, pulsating colors and shapes because of
>hard critical thought, and tearing away the veil of society to see the true nature of existence

or because you can't make friends and get a girlfriend and you're going insane? Get a fucking grip it's not too late
>>
>>35071519
It's called Hell
>>
File: 5676457654744534.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5676457654744534.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>35071519
>Secluded in the corners of the British Isles, away from the hustle and bustle of the city life, but still in modern times.
>Amongst the creatures and myths of British folklore, among the spirits and Faeries of Celtic poems and culture.
>Where witches trade parts of your soul for life-enhancing spells in the pantries and basements of their seemingly normal Cafes.
>Where the tortured souls of ancient barons still walk the delapidated castles set upon the hills
>The Town is small, the buildings are of Victorian origin, but the site of the Town dates back to pre-Iron age settlements, meaning that humans and spirits alike have lived alongside one-another for thousands of years
>The area is littered with dolmens, and standing stones, with engravings depicting ancient rituals
>There are small folk living in the burrow-like structures, where parents warn children never to go
>There are ancient giants as large as mountians, sleeping as the grass and forests grows upon their corpses, but whose thoughts can still be heard by those willing to listen
>Where the Gods are not above, but all around you, everywhere and nowhere at once
>Where there's still a bit of mystery and magic in the world
>Where there is still local rumours of a Dragon laying eggs in a cave somewhere in the uncharted hills to the north
>Where Farmers still complain about mistreated brownies poisoning their feed
>Where one can still look to the horizon and wonder at whats there.

I hope some of you Anons can catch a drift of what I'm talking about, that kind of green celtic, fairyish classical mythology theme, I'm hoping Britanons especially can understand.
I don't know
I just wish magic existed.
I used to believe in it to the point if someone told me dragons didn't nest in the caves of the scottish highlands and Snowdonian I'd have laughed at them.
I even crushed ladybugs and left them outside of my "Hobbit hole" I dug for dwarves to live in.
TAKE ME BACK
>>
>>35073858
I agree with this, this is beautiful.
>>
>top floor of a very tall building
>metropolis city lights out the window
>lights turned low
>low-key synthwave plays
>there's a door that leads directly to the roof where i have a small garden
>the air is warm, even at night you can wear a t-shirt
>>
File: 1454840422354.jpg (155KB, 1127x854px) Image search: [Google]
1454840422354.jpg
155KB, 1127x854px
>>35071519

My grandparents' house. It's out in a rural area, not too isolated, but away from other people. It's quite a large house, small fields all around. There's a big garage adjacent to it, a couple of sheds and a vegetable garden. Behind the house, beyond the fields that surround it is a small lake and some dense woodland. It's quiet, peaceful ... I always remember being happy there; I love going there to visit them.

I fantasize about a life where I live there, alone, probably with a dog. I'm independently wealthy, not because I desire material goods, but because it frees me from having to work or worry about money.

I fantasize about simple things, about whether I'd add an extension, or how I'd modernise the decor. I think about making space for a home gym and a workshop in the sheds. I think about where I could go cycling and where I could walk my dog. I think about making a comfy study with lots of bookcases and a comfy chair. I think about a games room with awesome technology.

Mostly, I fantasize about peace and tranquility and happiness. It's all about a freedom from society, because I have never felt like I belonged. I'd just be free to enjoy life - I could leave if I wanted, but I'd always have this comfy fortress to return to.

Sometimes, I fantasize about a wife who loves me. On nice days, we'd go on long walks or sit by the lake, or work on the garden or tinker with a project in the workshop. In bad weather, we'd snuggle together and read together and she'd set up her gaming rig next to mine. When I'd be working in the study, she'd bring me some refreshments and come and sit on my lap for a hug.

The place, the lifestyle ... that all is within reach. But this girl I imagine, she never is.
>>
>>35077607
I know what you mean. I could achieve all my circumstantial material/lifestyle goals, but I would still feel empty inside, as though I were some kind of fraud.
>>
>>35076765
>>35077454

I grokk these feels too, chummers
https://youtu.be/PQiQwGMQF_s
>>
>>35077760
>"cyber" "punk" agdg vn
please no
>>
>>35071519
I've long daydreamed of living in a converted old lighthouse just outside a comfy little coastal village.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.