[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acting like a normie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: wojakmask.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
wojakmask.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
I'm moving to a new city. I know already how it will go down.

>act super normie at first
>get lots of acquaintances
>try to hang out with them but with little success but they are friendly
>get a crush on the first girl that is nice to me
>ask her out and get rejected
>realise I have no chance with her or anyone else
>resent society for being deemed an outcast just cause I'm ugly
>distance myself from everyone
>everyone sees through my normie act
>become legit outcast without any friends

Why does life have to be so hard? Why cannot I just have normal friends and gf?

What's even the point of a life like this? I have to work just as hard as everyone else to survive, but I get no support and no love from anyone. I'm just torturing myself for no reason at this point. Might as well end it.
>>
>>35071308
Surprisingly accurate description of what will happen. I've moved cities twices, and it went down exactly pretty much how you described, minus the asking a girl out because I've been a virgin for too long that it brings me real fear.

But yeah, if you already know the drill I recommend not bothering this time round.

Not worth the pain of looking back on it and thinking about how you could have done things differently to make it work.

People like us? We're simply not meant for this world.
>>
>move to new city
>don't know how to get friends
>just stay inside and post on 4chan
>>
>>35071866
>Surprisingly accurate description of what will happen. I've moved cities twices, and it went down exactly pretty much how you described

Yeah, cause I'm talking from experience, myself. Some of us are just broken, somehow.

>>35071983

It's not like I know how to get friends either. I just act like a normie whenever I'm introduced to new people through school/work. Also notice that I never said that I actually made actual friends. People were just nice to me. But nobody was a close friend. Nobody wanted to bother with me.
>>
Find hobbies and connect with new people that way. Adults make friends through activities.

That's just what my doc told me.
>>
File: 1485452756301.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485452756301.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>>35071308
>act super normie at first
>get lots of acquaintances
>hang out with them and genuinely have fun
>get a crush on some girl
>don't ask her out become close friends instead
>realise I am not capable of relationship anyway
>have fun living the normie life for a while
>distance myself from everyone temporarily for some valid reason
>realize I don't realy miss anyone and have more fun on my own
>become legit outcast without any friends
>after few months start to feel really lonely and depressed again
rinse and repeat
>>
>>35072163

Hey at least you didn't sperg out. You just distanced yourself. They probably just think you got a gf or another group of friends or maybe family issues. You know valid reasons.

You can still reconnect without problems. For a robot I think you did pretty good.

Performance: B-
>>
>>35072137
This. I started playing smash bros at some local tournaments in the past couple months, and though I didn't make any friends for a little bit, now I play and hang with smash friends at least once a week outside tournaments.

Other good hobbies for making friends
>magic
>drinking
>dungeons and dragons (good luck finding a good group though.

That's all I got. My life right now is just smash and work and I'm pretty happy.
>>
File: IMG_2751.jpg (27KB, 800x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2751.jpg
27KB, 800x538px
>>35072163
>5 years of this
>five years of recycled friends and old memories ywn experience again
>>
>>35071308
I go full normie when I'm in an old-world city, designed for pedestrians. I'm only shit when I'm stuck in the suburbs, needing to plan a road trip for everything.
>>
File: 1486055006292.png (72KB, 825x614px) Image search: [Google]
1486055006292.png
72KB, 825x614px
>>35072290
>You can still reconnect without problems
it doesn't really work
not after months of ignoring them blatantly
after some time all you have left in common are memories

also knowing it will happen again eventually with the same people

i would need to change cities like twice a year and keep meetin new people
but i don't want to nor can i afford that

>>35072351
>memories ywn experience again
>>
File: MAMONOV_Petr_Nikolaevich8.jpg (41KB, 448x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAMONOV_Petr_Nikolaevich8.jpg
41KB, 448x600px
>>35071308
At least you're able to
>get lots of acquaintances.
I can hardly get acquainted with anyone for shit, i don't even know how to approach new people. Never made any friends when started at the new school, never made any friends when started at the university, ended up with the concept of having regular friendly interactions outside chatrooms and imageboards being absolutely foreign to me.
>>
>tfw joined the campus photography club, the media club, the hiking/nature club and the freaking modern dance club and zero new friends
>>
Making friends as an adult is more difficult than getting a bf.
>>
>>35072473

> i don't even know how to approach new people.

You fake confidence. When they don't know you and you don't know them it's easy to make small talk. You just ask them about themselves and they ask you about yourself and then you find some things in common, maybe.
>>
>>35072738
>it's easy to make small talk
>You just ask them about themselves and they ask you about yourself
>"Hello. My name is Anon. What do you like?"
>crickets_chirping,mp3
Yeah, the last thing I need is another addition to the swarm of ghosts of past failures that constantly hover around my head convincing me to kill myself.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.