[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for god to forgive a suicide? I really want to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 4

File: dfhdfhsdfgsdfg.jpg (23KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
dfhdfhsdfgsdfg.jpg
23KB, 385x385px
Is it possible for god to forgive a suicide?

I really want to die due to being a burden on my family but I'm scared of going to hell
>>
There is no God brother, only consciousness and unconsciousness.
>>
>>35068394
No, but only because suicide doesn't give you the chance to repent and you know that's the case.

Sorry life sucks but it's like every survivor of jumping off a super tall bridge says they regretted their choice when they jumped.
>>
>>35068394
no, you will go to hell!! ;ooo
>>
>>35068583
Not every survivor
http://www.speakingofsuicide.com/2013/07/05/suicide-attempt-survivors/
>>
>>35068583

>tfw God makes your life miserable but won't let you end it.
>>
As >>35068583 said, it's the final sin of your life and you have no chance to ask for forgiveness. You're basically breaking the thou shalt not kill commandment. Suicide is an instant ticket to Hell.
>>
>>35068583
Yeah, but how many successful jumpers finally felt freedom on the way down?
>>
>>35068640
Homicide and suicide are different I would like to see god prove otherwise in a court of law
>>
>>35068655
I guess we'll never know. But it's probably not unreasonable to assume that some of them regretted their choice too before the end.
>>
>>35068687
You're both killing a human being. In the case of suicide it just happens to be yourself.

It's not like the act of ending a life is much different because it is your own.
>>
>>35068394
>implying God wants you to suffer
>>
>>35068583
>people with crippling injuries are unhappy
Really make the neurons fire
>>
>>35068710
It is much different because unlike in murder, the person is consenting to die.
>>
If God was so great why'd he make you into this position you have now?
>Haha Jesus watch this, let's drive anon to suicide and when he does it don't let him in LOL
>>
>Through Christ, all sin is forgiven.
>Oh but not suicide apparently.

Explain this.
>>
>>35068710
But ending your own life is different from ending someone else's. When ending your own life you're acting on within personal agency. You're not denying an otherwise content human of their agency.
>>
>>35068695
Oh sure. But you can't make an omelet etc
>>
>>35068776
You have to ask for forgiveness.

>>35068768
>let's drive anon to..
One of the biggest problems with robots is that they have no sense of responsibility. Is it your fault you're awkward? No. But it is your fault if you're 300 lbs. It's also your fault if you dropped out of school, etc.
>>
>>35068776
Not Christian but most stuff I can find online written by actual clergy and pastors seems to say that the idea that suicide is unforgivable is considered outdated now and not in line with scripture.

Which isn't to say they know it WILL be forgiven either - they just admit they don't have enough information to say whether a suicide is automatically damned or not.
>>
>>35068776
>Pol Pot could repent and go to heaven
>some suicidal NEET loser gets tossed into the eternal oven instantly

God is a prick
>>
>>35068394
Well if you do want to die then it probably means you are not in a state that a true believer would be in. Think of it this way; suicide isn't the sin that sends one to hell but rather a person who does commit suicide probably isn't saved. First of all, try finding out why you feel this way then right it down on a piece of paper or computer, trust me this helps, and then maybe try to get a counsellor or therapist for help. If all else doesn't help then try run to the person you are trying to get away from IE God and pray and speak to him and try to seek shelter from him.

Hope this helped.
>>
>>35068857
It was pretty funny when he sent those bears to slaughter all those faggot kids though. My favorite part in the Bible aside from the Gospels and Proverbs.
>>
>>35068394

god isnt real, thats just you diverting anxiety away from knowing it'd hurt your parents
>>
>>35068906
But if God isn't real, why shouldn't he hurt his parents?

If there's no God and we're all just random molecules, there's no objective moral standard by which one can say that hurting your parents is wrong.
>>
>>35068958
>If there's no God and we're all just random molecules, there's no objective moral standard by which one can say that hurting your parents is wrong.

correct
>>
>>35068776
see>>35068870
It's not the sin that sends you to hell but rather what it means. A true believer would never commit suicide because he would know that he has a mission to spread the gospel and he would find purpose in that. If he were to off himself, then he would cut his mission short which is not a sign of a true believer and probably meant that he was not saved in the beginning. But then again I'm not sure whether or not a true believer can commit suicide but if he does no scriptural textual evidence says's he will burn in hell.
>>
Just pretend it's charity. You're sparing us from having to suffer being on the same planet as you.
>>
>>35068958

because he evolved to have anxiety when considering taking action that would upset his parents because for most of human existence that could mean being abandoned in a bush to starve

ironically hurting his parents is exactly what he should do, by cutting contact with them because they are most likely shitty people causing his problems in life and making him miserable just interacting with them
>>
>>35068983
Aren't there other non-lethal sins that do that as well though?
>>
>>35069000
edgy

originally ofc
>>
>>35069025
What do you mean?
As Protestants, we believe that once Christ has died for you, you have been locked in and there is nothing that can snatch you from god's hands. Nothing can take you away.
>>
>>35069057
>Nothing can take you away.

What about losing your faith?
>>
>>35069057
Ha, look at this guy who believes in sola scriptura. You need good works too, anon. Protestantism is just Christianity for people who don't want to do any work.
>>
You're here to learn. You chose this life and these circumstances before you were even conceived to better yourself. You will return here.
>>
>>35069057
doesn't every sin make it more difficult to convert others and potentially prevent others from going to heaven?
it makes suicide seem to be a mortal sin because of the timing circumstance

also what if you are willing to condemn yourself to eternal damnation in hell by making a mortally sinning believer a martyr?
is that evil or benevolent?
>>
>>35068394
If you commit sudoku with a weapon Hel might be fooled and then it's 50/50 whether you end up in Folkvang or Valhalla. Better hope it's Folkvang because the other einherjars will wonder how the fuck a beta manlet ended up there with them.
>>
You are God. God is consciousness. The human race as a whole is one, exploring itself, creating and bettering itself.
>>
>>35069144
what happens when aliens are added to the mix?
>>
lmao god doesnt exist you dumb retard haha are you a retarded southerner? kys asap
>>
>>35069075
>What about losing your faith?
You see that's the thing Christ, the one who has died for you, will also preserve you. In the early days of the church, chirstians were being persecuted and burned at the stake all for their beliefs from Emperor Nero. Not once did they revoke their beliefs because they were being preserved by God. Only those who Christ died for will stay until the end, but it isn't us keeping our faith but Christ keeping us in the faith.

>>35069077
No, we do good works out of our love of God not to get into heaven. Christ already died for our sins there is nothing more we can add onto that with good works. We rely solely on Christ, and our good works come from our love of God. Just like a father loves his child not to get something out of it but out of love and we have faith in Christ and know already where we are going.

>>35069102
No, once Christ died for you that's it you have been saved, and your seat in heaven has been saved for you. If we sin it is due to our sinful nature but there is no need to worry since Christ has already died for all our sins.
>>
>>35069158
Once they are real, I might answer your question. Any other retards want to chime in?
>>
>>35069144
Fuck you Donnie Darko
>>
>>35069181
>You see that's the thing Christ, the one who has died for you, will also preserve you. In the early days of the church, chirstians were being persecuted and burned at the stake all for their beliefs from Emperor Nero. Not once did they revoke their beliefs because they were being preserved by God. Only those who Christ died for will stay until the end, but it isn't us keeping our faith but Christ keeping us in the faith.

That's Calvinism. You must be American?
>>
>>35069187
hypothetically speaking then

I'm not saying they are real, but scripture doesn't account for non-human intelligent life besides angels

would aliens be divine?
>>
>>35068394
Demonstrate a god exists, bro
>>
>>35069161
How do you know whether or not if God exist? Seems like an arrogant to say so.

>>35069201
I would call myself a reformed Baptist since I want Christ to be the centre of my theology and not John Calvin, although I do agree with some of his statements, I also disagree with other. And no I am a brit.
>>
If God did not exist there would be a need to create one.

How many gods have humans conjured up through the ages?

You have your answer
>>
>>35069220
If aliens exist, and are aware, reproducing, creating, and evolving, then they are one with us AKA God
>>
>>35069259
>If God did not exist there would be a need to create one.
Not a need but rather a want

>How many gods have humans conjured up through the ages?
Tonnes, but it is just a sign of human nature. It is by no means an argument against gods existence
>>
>>35068394

When the brain dies so do you. You'll be erasing yourself. Nothing worse than a suicide with the expectations of an afterlife, brah.

Don't kill yourself, give it a solid effort to make your life enjoyable.
>>
>>35069287
I like this interpretation. I hope that ends up being the case.
>>
There are multiple suicides in the bible and nowhere is it stated that you go to hell for it. If you gave it your best and there's nothing more you can do then by all means end it, it's better than prolonging your suffering. Everyone is a sinner. Salvation is through belief in Christ, not playing my sins<your sins.

12ga or .223+ to the soft palate and you'll be gone before your brain can even register you've been shot.
>>
>12ga or .223+ to the soft palate and you'll be gone before your brain can even register you've been shot.

don't tempt me, frodo
>>
Energy is transferred, never destroyed. As time moves forward into infinity your energy will undoubtedly coalesce into awareness once again.

You are God
>>
>>35069292
Too bad you can't argue a god into existence since there is no demonstrable evidence for any god unless it's one that created the singularity and fucked off
>>
>>35068394
if god didn't want you to commit suicide you wouldn't be able to do it

think about who tells you that suicide is bad - religious texts and other people or god? Unless you believe god talks through other people there's nothing to worry about
>>
>>35069380
The universe is complex, and so, therefore, something complex had to have had a creator thus there is a god who had to create the universe.
>>
>>35069380
most likely, but not entirely conclusive

he could be an eternal lazy fuck or a full blown loki
>>
>>35069380
>nless it's one that created the singularity and fucked off
I mean that's all you could do. To go any further you would have to look into each religion on your on. If you're thinking of doing that then I would recommend you first learn about Christianity.
>>
>>35068776

I think I recall reading somewhere that people were killing themselves to get to heaven quicker or something like that, so religious leaders or whatever made it a no no. If that's the case then it makes sense, religion is somewhat about control, and you can't have your cattle killing themselves just because the after life is better, you must convince them to suffer for you before dying.

In my personal opinion I don't think god would care about any sin you commit, it would make sense for such a mighty being to be so petty that would sentence such an inferior creature to eternal suffering, if anything the worst of us would be brought the closest to him if he truly is a being of love and forgiveness.
>>
>>35069400
Because the Universe can't be necessary. Complexity is not the product of intelligence unless everything looks blatantly designed and it doesn't because patterns aren't a product of design. Non-sequiturs get you nowhere.
>>
>>35069400
Sure, if you make the word as abstract as possible.
>>
>>35069292
It is not a want. Humans create gods out of necessity. They need to believe in something. It creates a healthy degree of delusion needed to survive in this world.
>>
>>35069420
The world is pretty evil, but doesn't seem quite evil enough for god to be a malicious trickster.

On the other hand, the world doesn't seem good enough for god to be omnibenevolent the way abrahamic faiths claim he is either.

I don't know what to believe about God if he's real. Looking around it seems obvious that whoever made all this is neither entirely evil nor entirely friendly.
>>
>>35069470
In other words the need for a God is a byproduct of our evolution, one created from our lack of knowledge at this point in time.
>>
>>35069428
Suicide is viewed as "bad" in christianity because it's believed that everyone is put here for a reason. Killing yourself to get to heaven early will probably just get you sent to purgatory at best.

Humans are fragile and failing whatever that hypothetical mission is does not instantly condemn someone to hell regardless of how good a person they were. As long as someone dies - even by their own hand - with faith they are saved, it is stated very clearly.
>>
>>35068710
>killing yourself is the same as killing someone else

God why are christcucks so stupid? Delete your retarded post and maybe god will forgive you
>>
>>35069471
How does a god interact with matter?

I think he means that the god is a trickster because he made it seem like everything came by natural means with no need for a god
>>
>>35069455
>Because the Universe can't be necessary.
Yeah, god is a necessary;y being the universe is not.

>Complexity is not the product of intelligence
But a cause is, which the universe is. Even of the universe was as simple as a lego block it still would have required a creator.

>>35069456
Ok, we won't use the word complex but as said earlier Even of the universe was as simple as a lego block it still would have required a creator. The universe had a cause and so therefore needed a creator.
>>
>>35068711
God is an asshole nigger.
>>
>>35069512
A cause doesn't even imply a god, it could be a non-thinking non-intelligence that 'caused' the singularity. You would have to prove that the singularity is caused though.
>>
>>35069539
>A cause doesn't even imply a god, it could be a non-thinking non-intelligence that 'caused' the singularity.
Well, then you could always ask the what causes the creation of that non-thinking non-intelligence. There needs to be a uncaused being for anything to come about into creation.
>>
If you think about it, we all came from the singularity. We on all levels, molecular,cellular are evolving and expanding. We have become aware of ourselves, studying our origins down to a science. We will continue to grow and expand together. Who is to say that conscious awareness is the last step for us on this journey. I believe we are in for a very long journey of discovering who we are.
>>
>>35069584
being or event, or maybe they are the same

was it all necessarily intelligent design?
>>
>>35069584
>There needs to be a uncaused being for anything to come about into creation.
Cite your sources
>>
That's an unanswerable question.

Suicide because you feel like a burden or feel like the world will be a better place or that you don't deserve it because of who you are may not be morally right but it is understandable. To be frank no one gives a shit about some dude killing himself except for his family and they're probably upset that their son wasn't strong enough to begin with. So you'd be in the right, sympathetically speaking.

Then again if we go through religious text or use Dante's allegory, you'd end up in hell for killing yourself. Killing is a sin. Even if you pray for forgiveness beforehand, God probably won't like the fact that someone hated the the form God gave him, which would imply that God made a mistake.

Chances are if you forego killing yourself and live you'd either be content later on, get lucky or get pissed off, or anywhere within the three. No one who's suicidal wants random chance to factor in their life if they do decide to stay and it's likely you'd still be resentful even if some good things do come.

Honestly, it's up to you. There is no right answer to all this.
>>
>>35068749
If you kill a "consenting" victim, in most of the world that is still homicide.
Euthanasia=/=suicide.
>>
>>35069584
The non-thinking non-intelligence doesn't need to be created or caused, it just always was. You see how that works? Why does everything need a thinking intelligent all powerful entity to cause it? Where does a god even fit into a universe that seemingly can't care whether the human race survives to the next millennia or not? Where is one needed when this Earth is going to be destroyed when the sun engulfs it as a red giant? Even if that doesn't happen, the change in temp will kill whatever is on the Earth then, if anything is on the Earth by then because the landlocked moon might just drift off and cause catastrophes that will kill us all.
>>
>>35069611
No, the mere fact that it exists implies a creator.

>>35069621
What? It's not about sources its logic, but I will explain using an analogy.

Imagine you wanted to enter a room but before you could enter that room, you had to ask the person behind you for permission on whether or not if you can enter that room. But before the guy behind you could give you permission he had to asked the person behind him if he can let you open the door. Now imagine if there were an infinite amount of people and they all had to ask for permission would the person who wanted to open the door ever get an answer. I see the universe in the same way that there had a be an uncaused being who does not need a permission but rather has always been there and causes other things to come into existence.

If I made a flaw in my logic, then please feel free to criticise.
>>
>>35069676
>it just always was
Well, you're a theist now! You believe there was an uncaused cause that made everything else in creation and does not have a beginning. Welcome, brother.

Also, to answer your other points God doesn't care about this world so much but more about the hereafter. Yes, we will leave this plane of existence and enter a new one, but where we will God, we will be spending and eternity.
>>
>>35069733
but where we will Go, we will be spending and eternity.
Is what i was meant to say.
>>
after this lifetime you will be a 4th dimensional being. We have no evolved far enough to be able to understand or utilize 'n'.
>>
>>35069676
not caring for the fate of humanity doesn't necessarily argue either point to be honest

he could've just been some dude that made the universe
>>
>>35069690
Analogies don't demonstrate a god exists and how the god interacts with matter or the forces of nature. They can only explain your logic
>>35069733
A theist believes in a thinking intelligent all-powerful entity, the non-thinking, non-intelligence is none of those things
>>
>>35069773
Some "dude" that made the universe

So you're arguing a Deist god? You mean he made the singularity. There's no evidence anything 'made' the universe
>>
If God exists, he probably doesn't give a shit what you do. Feel free to do as you please.

There's also a chance that you aren't a burden on your family, your mind may be sick and tricking you.

Also, what if you try to kill yourself but fail and end up disabled or something. You'd really be a burden on your family when they have to pay your medic bills, and wipe your ass and stuff.

Even if you succeed you'll be be a burden because then they have to grieve for you, pay for a funeral, etc.

If you're gonna be a burden if you try suicide, you may as well keep living if that's what you prefer.
>>
File: evolution of god dove.gif (157KB, 479x480px) Image search: [Google]
evolution of god dove.gif
157KB, 479x480px
>>35068394

find someone to ERP god for you and make him say "I forgive your suicide"
>>
>>35069809
true, but why would he prioritize humanity in particular?
>>
>>35069793
>Analogies don't demonstrate a god exists
Why? You can't just make a statement and not give reason.

>how the God interacts with matter or the forces of nature.
I was giving a reason for a deistic god. If you want an answer to that, then you would have to study world religions.

>A theist believes in a thinking intelligent all-powerful entity
No, theists, mainly deists, believe in a god but don't know him and only make implications about his nature through observation of the universe. God is an all powerful being and just saying he was alway there and created all is the Oxford dictionary definition of a deity.
>>
>>35069844
These are the gods that have been shown to humanity through revelations. I deist god has none of that, it has only a god of the gaps argument.

>>35069849
Because even if the analogy could be true, it doesn't demonstrate that it is or is even necessary.
>>
>>35069849
If your god is not thinking or intelligent then can you even call it god? Why would you? It has no attributes except being a non-thinking, non-intelligent, non-knowing, non-sentient cause. A deist still believes in a god that is sentient
>>
>>35068394
Suicide is almost always done out of spite towards others.
If it's not out of spite you still have hope at living a good life.
>>
>>35069882
>Because even if the analogy could be true, it doesn't demonstrate that it is or is even necessary.
Now you're just throwing straw mans. I think that it's necessary and gives good proof for God. You haven't even brought a single good argument against this claim.

>Even if it was true I don't want to accept that it's true.
FTFY

>>35069926
>can you even call it God
Yes in fact. God doesn't have to be thinking. If he were always there and created all, which would imply that he is thinking but nevermind, then he would be a god. It would be a surprise and a new look on the idea of God, but he would still be God through and through according to the definition of God. God is infinite. And by the sounds of it so is this being yo believe in.
>>
>>35069988
Because it has no evidence to support it. It is just a claim.

>>35069988
That's even IF the singularity is caused, which you would have to demonstrate.
>>
>>35068623
Tbh if you were God, you'd do the exact same thing. God has a plan for it, and a reason for everything he does, he's a lot smarter than you and I
>>
>>35070048
>Because it has no evidence to support it. It is just a claim
Straw man. Of course, I can't bring evidence its logic. The claims follow a particular logical pattern and so, therefore, hold truth. Also, just because it's a claim does not mean that it is not true. The statement the sun is hot is a claim. You might say we can feel the sun's heat ray, but that's not the point the claim I was making followed a logical pattern, which you still haven't refuted, that leads to the conclusion that there is a God.

>That's even IF the singularity is caused, which you would have to demonstrate.
I did look at the analogy it was an uncaused being that always existed.
>>
>>35069988
Also, who's the one misrepresenting arguments here? I said it could be true, not that it is. The possibility of it being true and the probability of it being true are two different things. You think that's it's necessary based off nothing but the Big Bang 'needing' a supposed first mover. Quantum fluctuations aren't enough for you so you make up some entity.
>>35070072
Giving 'god' human attributes does not an argument make.
>>
>>35070112
It's not logic based on any axiom I know so I can dismiss it and do. Claims are just claims until you can demonstrate that it's more than a claim. You can't argue your god into existence for the simple fact that the conclusion to the 'logic' could be true or false. That's what we would call a non-sequitur.
>>
>>35068822
>It's also your fault if you dropped out of school
but god made me a fucking retard
>>
If God exists and prolongs suffering, he is a scumbag and if he is a scumbag there is no pleasing that motherfucker.
>>
File: 1473165301613.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1473165301613.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>35070132
>Giving 'god' human attributes does not an argument make.
>>
>Tfw all this "That's not an argument for his non-existence" when they didn't see that it's arguments for there being no purpose and thus no need for a god
>If he were always there and created all, which would imply that he is thinking but nevermind, then he would be a god.
No, a non-thinking, non-sentient 'cause' would imply that it came about spontaneously, not that there was or will through agency involved. Unless you want to say that god is spontaneous and there is no 'method to his madness' so to speak
>>
All i see are anons blaming god if he existed for their suffering.

God didn't want to suffer or not. I don't think he has an inner motive. In other words, he doesn't do things purposely. Things are done the way they are done.
He created time, space and luck.

Life is a diceroll. We pulled the wrong number. There is no responsability upon god, family or social environment for that. There is nobody to blame for.
Imagine you roll a dice. You win at 1 and lose at others numbers. The dice shows 6, you lose. You can't be mad at the dice or at the god because the result was 6.

Tldr: shit happens. It doesn't happen before god wants you to suffer, it just happens.

For OP question, as a mudslim, suicide is prohibited and offers a direct ticket to hell. No funerals should be set up for the suicided.

>tfw i tried to anhero once
>>
>>35071665
Then that implies there is no objective purpose to reality therefore not even a need for a god
>>
>>35068394
God doesn't exist, if you want to kys, you don't need to worry about it. You would just stop existing.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.