[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NEET and robot /recovery/ thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 13

File: comfywtf.jpg (6KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
comfywtf.jpg
6KB, 248x249px
In this thread, we hold onto the last hopes we have of rejoining society, as impossible as it seems. Who knows, you might even make it.

Discuss recovery plans, successes, failures, experiences, more failures, and endgames.

Question of the day: If you had to pick just one goal to work towards, what would it be? What are your challenges in achieving it?

Discord
https://discord.gg/4aJqcEE
>>
>>35067999
REEEE stop making these!! I will be a comfy NEET forever! I have nothing to offer to society, and society has nothing to offer to me.
>>
>>35068116
This. Seeing these threads is a real bummer.
>>
File: comfyanon.png (249KB, 629x601px) Image search: [Google]
comfyanon.png
249KB, 629x601px
got all my stuff packed for my last trip to being /innawoods/. if I survive 2 months, I will rejoin society. if I die, at least I no longer have to suffer as a NEET
>>
>>35068138
have an upboat, good sir!

>>35067999
All you gotta do is get a clean look and get a job somewhere with people who respect others that do a good job. The fact that I can say that I work with the best team at my local grocery store and the fact that it is the best team because I am on it is huge.

Once you get that massive confidence boost, things become a lot easier. Sure, I still fumble words n shit and I still have a hard time relating to other people. While it is currently my goal on fixing these, the fact that everyone I work with is happy to see me is huge.

The hard part though is finding a job and a team that is like this. I have worked at other branches of the same chain and it's not the same. So quiting a job after 2 months if it's not giving you that opportunity is a good idea.

Remember though, you can't just join the best team in the store. You have to make it the best team, and that's by working hard. But it's all worth it in the end.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32KB, 640x400px)
smugwojak4v2.png
32KB, 640x400px
>>35067999
This is where we hold on to the night, there will be no shame.
>>
>>35067999
For me it's almost impossible to pick just one
>>
NEETs and robots who have quit vidya, what do you do with the time now?
>>
bumperino
>>
Don't despair fellow NEETs. You can do it. You can recover.

If Chads can do it, you can do it too.
>>
>>35069290
You don't even need to be a chad either. The goal is to become a self-sustaining, contributing member of society again.
>>
>>35068688
Anime mostIy
>>
>>35067999

Blog post incoming.

Alright, so I was a NEET almost constantly since the age of sixteen. I'm currently 25.

As of about four months ago you could probably say I'm a "recovered" NEET or at least a NEET in recovery.

I have aspergers. But not the "openly retarded" or "embrace it and proud" type of aspergers. I have the kind where I recognize what it is and am smart enough to do everything in my power to conceal it.

It was much easier to conceal up until about fifteen years old, but it got to the point where the social dynamics were too much for me to keep up with.

But that's another story, and I should probably avoid the aspergers pity party shit.

Anyway, depression took a hold and I went maximum hermit mode after dropping out of high school at the age of sixteen. I had a few stretches of isolation that lasted months at a time, with the longest isolation episode being almost exactly two straight years in a row where the only contact I had with anyone was my dad who would clean up after me and bring me food, pay for my bills, etc... It was very strange circumstances that lead to this situation, but hey, it happened. No point delving into it though.

As of six months ago I moved out on my own to a share house. I was on benefits, and paying my way using those benefits.

My housemate is a "short" Chad. Happy, funny, smary, good job... Cool. His hot girlfriend moved in.

It is hell on Earth. To be reminded at the age of 25 every day about what I don't and probably never will have.

It motivated me temporarily though.

I did NoFap for 56 days straight. In that time I achieved two major goals I set for myself: Get my drivers license, and get a job - in that order.

After I got my drivers license I focused on getting a job. Now, being able to drive, getting to and from work is easy.

Public transport used to give me maximum anxiety. I would dread getting up every morning and going anywhere simply because I didn't want to catch the bus. Now that I can just...
>>
Handed 50 resumes out in 4 hours today in the city i Applied for all kinds of stuff even some high end stores were hiring :) i faked being a chad and it worked i even caught one of the workers at one of the high end shoe shops checking me out and stayed cool in the face of many stunning woman
I will ascend
>>
>>35069388
World limit reached and lost motivation to keep going with the blog.

Basically, I've had a job for four months now after being a NEET for about a decade.

It's killing me inside.

Not sure if I can keep it up. But I think that I can push through.

I'm working towards getting a more robot job (Security Guard) where I wont have to socialize so much.

Retail makes me think about lying down in the malls delivery warehouse area and letting a delivery truck roll over my head and squash my brain dead.
>>
File: mfw.png (34KB, 633x758px)
mfw.png
34KB, 633x758px
>>35069404
>>35069419
once a NEET. always a NEET. I was in the same situation as you two. NEET up until my mid 20's. god a job, got a car, got a house. even got a few "friends" you know what happened? none of that shit got me accepted, most people can sense you're a virgin/NEET after talking to you for a while. and guess what? I had a mental meltdown and lost my job, my car, my house, my friends, everything. I live with my mom now and I'm a NEET. everything I did was for nothing and I'm back where I started.
>>
File: 1444852073737.jpg (250KB, 600x600px)
1444852073737.jpg
250KB, 600x600px
I need to make progress this year. I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of being a virgin. I'm tired of being broke because I've never had a job. I'm 23 so I'm not that old, I think I can still turn things around.
>>
>>35069795
I was 23 just two years ago. Do you remember when you were 18 and made a mental map for how you would repair your life? Remember how at 20 you were still in the same place, but you remade the life map with some adjustments?

It never ends.

At 23 you're all but guarenteed to keep up the fuck up lifestyle you're currently living.

You might think you can change it, but the odds are highly against you at this point.
>>
File: r9sbhjtuocay.png (119KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
r9sbhjtuocay.png
119KB, 665x662px
>>35069846
>tfw about to turn 30 and remember thinking the same at 25
I WANT OFF THIS RIDE
>>
>>35069769
i've only been neet for 6 months and i liked looking for a job it brings out the best in me also every day ive been doing more and more i'm still a bit of a dimwit but i am a decently capable human being thanks to my consitant effort to improving myself plus i'm only 18 and not fat so i can still get there plus i have gotten some pretty good clothes and have a decent sense of style
>>
>>35069885
When you were 25 what was your plan to fix your life by the age of 30?

I'm 25 now and have lowered my ambitions by a huge margin. All I want now is to work as a night shift security guard. Minimal contact with people. I'll save all my money towards buying a semi-decent apartment, and live in relative peace and quiet.

I'm hoping that at age 30, with a decent apartment and some money saved from doing nothing but work all the time (I'm in a constant state of apathy and don't really derive pleasure from anything anymore, so working is a kind of relief from boredom in that at least I'm getting money to feel as bored at work as I would at home) that I'll be able to get a girlfriend simply because I'll have an apartment and some money in the bank.

Besides, at 30 any women my age will have biological alarm clocks going off saying "I need to make a baby now", so an autismo virgin like me will finally get his chance.

That said, I'm not happy about this virginity loss at 30 to some used up woman. The pain of missing out on teen sex/relationships is one of the few things that once in a while slices through my apathy.
>>
The hardest red pill to swallow is that even IF I :

>Go back to college
>finish with good grades
>somehow manage to make it through several interview stages, covering up the huge hole in my resume
>someone decides to take a huge risk by taking a chance on me

Is that I'll still be at the bottom of the rung, years below all my ex-acquaintances, all because of my own stupid self.
>>
>>35067999
>Discuss recovery plans, successes, failures, experiences, more failures, and endgames.
last year i failed every single goal i've set for myself

>If you had to pick just one goal to work towards, what would it be? What are your challenges in achieving it?
suicide is the only way out, no other possibilieties here
>>
>>35070680
This, and then there's also the fact that you missed out on teen sex and teen friendships and all the fun stuff people in high school friend groups did together.

So now, even if you reach success, in the lonely self wallowing cave of your home you will drink yourself to sleep while crying over facebook photos of former classmates smiling together, knowing that while they were all on the roof underage drinking, you were at home watching anime and thinking about killing yourself.

it never gets better.

life is suffering.
>>
After using tinder to get my first gf at 21, we just broke up last night. I feel more normie now than when we were together. I was very neurotic throughout the relationship "she doesn't like me. I fucked that up. She thinks I'm a loser because I have no friends." It also didn't help that we only had sex a few times (thanks Zoloft). But after all of this, I feel I have a realistic understanding of relationships. I can be normal.
>>
>>35071460
fuck. i remember being 21... now i'm 25 and still haven't ever had a girlfriend.

good for you anon for getting some experience while you're still young.

you can make it. do it for all of us.
>>
File: 1385163025507.png (626KB, 623x480px)
1385163025507.png
626KB, 623x480px
if I post in these threads about how great NEET life is I get shit on
if I post about easy ways to move up out of NEET life I get shit on
fuck you faggots, you're on your own
>>
>>35071562
>if I post about easy ways to move up out of NEET life I get shit on
keep doing this and don't listen to the neets who miserably try to justify their lives
>>
File: 1481330870551.jpg (14KB, 480x360px)
1481330870551.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>35068208
>Remember though, you can't just join the best team in the store. You have to make it the best team
I cry everytime
>>
File: cowboy.png (463KB, 672x437px)
cowboy.png
463KB, 672x437px
going to get my CDL soon. Gotta study my handbook but too lazy. People who transport gas to the gas station make like 3k per week or some shit. Bread guys make over 1 k per week transporting breads and have bennies. It's better than being neet.
>>
File: afterlife pepe.png (315KB, 531x502px)
afterlife pepe.png
315KB, 531x502px
who here /giving neet/?
>have ebt
>go to farmers market
>one ebt buck is worth 2 dollars worth of tokens
>have 190 ebt dollars
>see someone who looks like they're struggling
>give him a few tokens so he can buy some more potatoes and kale
>tfw
I sacrificed a meal but it was a great feeling doing a good deed like that.
>>
>>35072069
good guy anon
we're proud
>>
File: feels.png (225KB, 2400x2400px)
feels.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
today's thread is a sad thread
>>
File: akarin_weini.jpg (43KB, 478x478px)
akarin_weini.jpg
43KB, 478x478px
>>35073421
it's a sad existence
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.