[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So hows the job hunt going, anon?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

File: 1433646086845.gif (20KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1433646086845.gif
20KB, 633x758px
So hows the job hunt going, anon?
>>
>>35067748
its going very very very badly
>>
File: 1432507317670.jpg (9KB, 306x218px) Image search: [Google]
1432507317670.jpg
9KB, 306x218px
it finally ended about a month ago; now currently wage cucking at Tim Hortons. Not the biggest fan of this job though
>>
File: 1434832530220.jpg (46KB, 317x379px) Image search: [Google]
1434832530220.jpg
46KB, 317x379px
>>35067748
Nothing but denials for 2 months now, most don't even answer. I would literally do anything that counts as some volunteer crap but still no one wants me. It feels like shit being a NEET with this constant feel of unrest, I can't even relax and enjoy video games or something.

But there are probably people who are waiting even longer.
>>
How hard can getting a job be for you? Are you that incompetent?
>>
>>35067810
Do your parents know anyone who could help you get a job?
>>
i cant get up early and the afternoon hours of job i wont get in the uni at time

im fucking lost in the world
>>
>>35067830
No, not really. Already asked them. Been helping out a bit at my dads company for a few days but I need something that counts as volunteer work (old people, hospital, disabled kids, ...) so I have better chances getting into university. I thought this would be easy because you can never have enough people at places like this and they pay volunteers barely anything.
>>
>>35067869
Do you mention your experience at your dad's company when you apply? Even if it's just a few days
>>
I'm about to start what if no one hires me? It took me months to find a job that would. 19, not in college.
>>
Had an interview for an Engineering internship, 17/h starting which is pretty nice. Guy seemed to really like me and my answers, so pretty psyched for that.

>>35067824
Getting a shitty part time job at walmart is simple enough, because of such high turnover. Getting a job that doesn't make you want to kill yourself is another. It's not even the work itself that's horrible, but the people you have to deal with.
>>
Well Anon, not good. Although I have been telling people I'm putting in applications.

>haven't actually put in any applications
>>
>>35067748
just typed up my resume senpai
only took me 3 years of neet life
>>
File: 1486082480942.png (696KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1486082480942.png
696KB, 633x758px
>>35067748
>don't even really try anymore, just spam my CV and a default cover letter to everything
>takes like 20 seconds application
>grossly underqualified for most of these jobs, not to mention that i'm applying for stuff like warehouse jobs with a covering letter that says i'm good with microsoft office and photoshop
>get a call back from one of these agencies, offering me a job
>"it says here that your last job was in 2015 - what have you been doing since then?"
>panic, hang up phone, block number, go to bed
>>
>>35067972
>17/h
You will be joining the normie life soon enough. I hope you enjoyed your time here on R9K
>>
>had job for 2 weeks in 2015
>get fired because they called me and I didn't have phone service at the time so it didn't go through and I didn't answer

now I'm too anxious to apply for more jobs because if I get fired i'll just look like an autistic loser

how can i get the courage

I'm a fat weird loser, and I know they know it during interviews.
>>
>>35067748
Do you think it's a bad thing being 19 and having no work experience? I'm studying computer science and am afraid that I won't find a job once I graduate because of it. I was thinking of taking a year off sometime to get a job or internship
>>
>>35068053
i got my first job at 19; it's definitely still possible to get a job then. It will most likely be low-level job though. But everyone starts at the bottom
>>
>>35068005
>been out of work 1 month
>what have you been doing since you were laid off.
>looking for work
>oh . . . ok . . .

Feel like being out of work EVEN THOUGH I WAS LAID OFF DUE TO NO FAULT OF MY OWN has made me untouchable

It was a shitty min wage job, and I was overqualified since I have a worthless ba, but at least it was something.
>>
>>35068007
To be fair that's around where most engineering internships start at. There was another position that had similar pay but was full time, but I wasn't confident I could balance it as a full time student.
>>
>>35068173
My point was that you were going to get rich and have normie freedom and success heheh. No NEETdom for you.
>>
File: 1472957512073.jpg (51KB, 429x429px) Image search: [Google]
1472957512073.jpg
51KB, 429x429px
>>35067748
It isn't desu
>>
>tfw nothing good will give me time of day until i have degree
>tfw 1 yr left and no internships and getting stressed from living at home and having no happiness
>>
Fucking amazing my brother took me to the city today i handed out 50
resumes in 4 hours i applied for things id enjoy as well as the ones
that were hiring even the super high end shoe store was looking for
a new full time employee i faked being a chad and it worked i even had a chat
to the lady in the cafe in my favourite book store and she was hiring
>>
>>35068206
I was never a neet to begin with though, I was just that weird kid that sat in the back corner of the classroom, or that one picture that floats around of the kid eating his lunch alone. Still am, but I'm learning the dance over time I guess.
>>
>>35067972
I'd do any shitty job at Walmart but I'd hate living my life knowing that I can get fired any day.

Besides shitty jobs like that are rarely full time, and part-time isn't really enough to live.
>>
>>35068262
To be honest Walmart won't fire you unless you do something really retarded. It's not like I was ever arguing it was a good job to begin with, they have really low standards for a reason.
>>
File: 1451001176581.png (653KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451001176581.png
653KB, 900x900px
temp agency called about a job, don't even know if I have it but apparently I'm supposed to get a call today

I will be very upset if they tell me I didn't as I rejected an interview with another employer for this shit
>>
File: 1476111188428.jpg (10KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
1476111188428.jpg
10KB, 235x235px
>>35068005
>last job was in mid 2015
>tell them I have been travelling and going to school
>>
>>35068282
Finding part time isn't too hard, but if you actually need a job that allows you to live, you are in for a way rockier start.

I've been thinking that I should take 2 part-time jobs but idk if I could balance them.
>>
>>35068306
how to find a part time job that is not food service or retail?
>>
>>35068005
come up with a practice lie you can tell them
>>
>>35068306
The hardest part would be making the schedules not overlap I figure. However my experience with retail positions is that they just want a warm body, if you say hours x to y are unavailable they'll generally ignore that, especially if you're willing to work friday+weekends.
>>
File: qt.jpg (79KB, 558x791px)
qt.jpg
79KB, 558x791px
>had interview tuesday
>went well, probably the best I've done in an interview
>will find out if I got it Friday sometime
I'm feeling good about this one.
>>
>>35068323
I don't know, I'd take both of those.

>>35068330
Food services are the only thing I have to look to, a lot of retail positions seem to ask for things that I don't have. Particularly basic education.
>>
>>35067748
Finished uni in November....so thats 4 months of rejection while being a stoner NEET living on welfare at my parents.
>im 25 btw
>tfw cant lie about what I do because the town i live in is small as fuck and everyone would know
>>
>>35068348
GOOD LUCK MAKEUP CAT POSTING ANON!!!!!!
>>
>got temp layoff january 12
>Been collecting unemployment since then. $643 a week not too bad
>Bored as fuck
>hope my old job calls me back, but not looking too good
>have to start applying for work to keep unemployment bux
>places I dont really want to work and they call me in for interviews
>If they offer me a job I have to take it
>If I take another job I lose unemployment and cant get it back
>>
>>35068355
Restaurants should hire pretty much anybody, if you can't get a job in a restaurant, tell me how you try and I will tell you what you are doing wrong. If you try to get hired at 10 restaurants, it seems like you are pretty much guaranteed to land one unless you are doing something really wrong
>>
>>35068399
I haven't applied in one yet, I'm planning to move soon so I don't wanna take a job and then leave after just a couple of months working there, even tho my mom says I should.
>>
>>35068461
Your mom is right, there is no valid reason not to unless you actively want to be unemployed.
>>
>>35068381
>$643 a week
you get more unemploymentbux in one week than i do in nearly two months

very jelly
>>
>>35068484
Wouldn't it look bad on a future resume?

I mean I can't tell them I would only be working 2-3 months max.
>>
File: JFMSU1.png (83KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
JFMSU1.png
83KB, 1654x2339px
>>35067748
you tell me originabaldo
>>
>>35068565

1) you can just not put it. its not against the rules unless its for like a government thing that wants EVERYTHING, everybody has held a shit job here and there that isnt worth mentioning

2) you dont have to tell them unless you want. but a lot of restaurant/grocery still might hire if you did. but i wouldnt
>>
File: JFMSU2.png (85KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
JFMSU2.png
85KB, 1654x2339px
>>35068591
Only success ever is for temp volunteer positions. Just kill me
>>
>>35068591
what is the sorting? what are the colors? what does "success" mean
>>
>>35068027
we're untouchable anon

been out of work too long
load the gun
>>
File: JFMSU3.png (3KB, 1654x2339px) Image search: [Google]
JFMSU3.png
3KB, 1654x2339px
>>35068603
the latest shit I applied for. Most likely binned all the same

>>35068618
Success is I get the position (which are not even jobs but work experience placements or volunteering)

Yellow (lol most likely binned) is no reply after 2 weeks (which might as well be a no)

Red is a definite rejection
>>
>>35068348
Hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment
>>
>>35068519
yea in my state its all based on previous wages. I worked steady for a long time so I think I earned it. With that being said, it covers my bills and thats about it. Buys me time to think about my next move.
>>
Good I'm out of work for 8 months pretty comfy
>>
>>35068603
>>35068646
Why do you guys even bother writing them down and keep a log?
>>
>>35068804
At this point nothing masochism and autism. I also made self-improvement weekly schedules which I barely follow once I begin one of my fap marathons
>>
File: Schedule.png (44KB, 2339x1654px) Image search: [Google]
Schedule.png
44KB, 2339x1654px
>>35068804
>>35068819
pic related originaldingdong
>>
>>35068598
Guess I'll apply then, and just quit when I have to move.
>>
>Took years to get a job
>Literally everyone loved me and the effort I put into my work when I started
>>
Accepted into grad intake at fortune 500. 75k starting sal. As a psych undergrad im pretty happy with myself.
>>
>>35067748
>work for the government
>make $66k/year
>literally just paid to exist and do 1-2 hours of busy work per day
>essentially unfireable
>laugh at my former classmates who work in private industry who make $10k more than me but work 60-70 hours per week
>a bunch of them got cucked by corporate interests and got fired after the company they worked for downsized during a merger
>they're now unemployed engineers and can't find jobs
>"Le STEM is in demand" meme

Yeah, I'm never leaving the fed to work in private industry.
>>
I have a guaranteed position in July but my parents are nagging me to get a temp job right now because finances are tight :\ just applied to 7 today and hopefully one will work out, but they are all shit. Next to bottom level. I really don't want to go lower. The job in July is a network engineering job, so it's kind of like...I'll end up getting paid more in the first month of this upcoming job as I will make in the 4.5 months beforehand. Seems pointless to me but it's either this or get kicked out...
>>
>>35068360
Do you have a degree in fine arts?
>>
>>35067748
Got a job working in a ski resort in Japan, the hours are killer and the work sucks, but free snow boarding, free board and food, and making mad bank, not to mention having great fun practicing Japanese with my work mates. Can't believe my luck getting this job, straight from my country even though I had no work experience, no references, no nothing basically.
>>
File: 1461040816850.png (33KB, 917x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1461040816850.png
33KB, 917x1186px
> applying to all sorts of jobs
> writing cover letters
> even forcing myself to call places as a follow up
> made a linkedin
> can't get anyone to call me back
> have three years experience in retail, don't know why I can't even find a shit minimum wage cuck job at wal-mart at this point
> parents are becoming more and more forceful and irritated every day
> now that all my savings are gone and they're not giving me any money
> accuse me of taking advantage of them and not trying
> hurts even more because I am trying
> always get angry whenever I see them
> now they're extra mad because I won't come downstairs or answer my text messages
> can hear them talking about me and arguing about what to do
I would scrub toilets at this point just so I could get them off my back
>>
>>35069971
Where do you even look to apply for something that crazy?
>>
>>35070034
Literally google. A classmate from uni who I barely even knew told me off handedly one day that you can do working holidays in Japan real easy through ski resorts, just typed "working holiday ski resort jobs in japan" and found a site that basically does all of the go between for you, just a short interview in English and a tiny bit in Japanese to test if you have any ability (literally doesn't matter, I do, but a bunch of my co-workers couldn't speak a word when they came over).
The company I used was called "Boobooski" if you care to look it up.
>>
>>35070118
Fuck it, might as well give it a try. I'm willing to try anything, the worst they can say is no
>>
My brother has been to jail 2 or 3 times for bashing his girlfriends. Now he's a project manager for a construction company. Meanwhile I'm NEET and haven't even had a speeding fine.

There is no justice on this Earth.
>>
>>35070127
Even with 0 job experience, and 0 Japanese ability, I think you'll be able to get a job. At the place I'm working, the rental department is so starved for people they will literally take anyone. And even though it's a Japanese company, it's nothing like the "insane japanese work culture" you may of heard about. To be honest I was expecting that, but everyone here is so nice and casual I can't even believe I'm in Japan. The ski season last till around middle of May, so plenty of time, and the same company does summer resort jobs in Okinawa (a small group of islands south of Japan, near Taiwan), but I heard from a contact that the jobs are more traditional japanese work culture, ie; long hours, forced over time and no nonsense.
>>
File: 1484512866209.jpg (33KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484512866209.jpg
33KB, 960x960px
Applied at Gamestop yesterday lads. Went looking presentable, have actual customer service experience to back me up along with product knowledge. Will they end up just giving it some dyed hair 18 year old with no experience?
>>
>>35070312
how did you find out they were hiring?
>>
>>35070810
I didn't, I just walked in lol.
>>
>>35070831
Did they say they were hiring? If not, you might not have much chance since they don't need that many employees there. Have a friend that works there
>>
>>35070903
I have a friend that works in your mothers arse lol
>>
>>35070939
Are they hiring?
>>
File: 1466747241704.png (487KB, 638x652px) Image search: [Google]
1466747241704.png
487KB, 638x652px
I am not even looking for a job
>>
>>35070962
yeah your mother is hiring more men for her asshole.

Maybe you should sign up lol.
>>
I'll be a caregiver soon, so i'll finally be getting paid for the shit i've been doing for the past 10 years. It's almost frightening being employed again. Probably getting about 500 a month roughly after taxes, so at least it's something.
>>
I finished a science degree but I found out I really hate laboratories after doing some research projects. Now I just work shitty temp office jobs so can save up to do a paramedic degree next year. Any tips for being a paramedic here?
>>
Why the hell would I want to go to work?

I'm enjoying the NEET life, except for the loneliness, and that wouldn't change if I got a job because I'm a gross ogre.
>>
>>35070986
Lmao, working for $500 a month?

I earn more than that on the lowest level NEETbux, plus I get free health, eye and dental insurance.
>>
>>35070810
I am the OP, they had an advertisement on the window for a position. Had to fill out an application in the store and hand in my resume. Even if I do get it I'm not particularly looking forward to pushing jewish insurance and gift card nonsense to customers.
>>
>>35067748
I spent 2 years neet after university. Now I miraculously have a job in my field, but my pay is shit. Oh well, at least I reduced how much I want to kill myself by about 20%.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.