[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here have a dream? I want to be a musician and I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3142.jpg (19KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3142.jpg
19KB, 225x225px
Does anyone here have a dream? I want to be a musician and I want it so fucking bad. I want cool cars and pictures with flashy shit and a house fuck. I would do anything to do it even live on the streets.
>>
I want to become a mathematician, but I'm too dumb to do or understand math.
>>
I want to become a successful writer.
>>
I had a dream. It died.
>>
>>35066737
I wasted 8 years of my life trying to "be a musician". No matter how hard you try you will never accomplish anything unless you have the connections, looks and money. Give up on that dream, because it will never happen.
>>
>>35066737
>wants to be a musician
>primary interest is having cool cars and shit

not sure if b8 but either way fuck you
>>
>>35066737
I'd love the be the lead guitarist of a (somewhat successful) band, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
>>
>>35066958
either way, he's stupid anon.
>>
>>35066737
I dream to create a Christian theocratic rogue state in Africa.
>>
>>35066737
I dream I a anime
>>
>>35067133
ill join

keep us posted
>>
>>35067153
martin luther king had a dream people like you wouldn't exist
>>
>i want to be a musician
>i want cool cars and pictures with flashy shit and a house
only one of these is a dream; the other is just shallow capitalist nonsense
>>
I have a dream, but it's so implausible that it's not worth the effort in pursuing, and even if I accomplished it I know that it would be nothing like my fantasies, in fact it would almost certainly be a thoroughly negative experience in reality.
That being said it's nice to dream about it.
>>
File: IMG_1093.jpg (48KB, 675x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
48KB, 675x633px
I graduated from with A MD back in 2004 but I'm still in my internship. I want to start my own practice but, most of those small buisnesses are dying out...
>>
>>35067301
Typo 2014*
>>
>>35067234
Yeah, I've got a dream that I've held on to from childhood, and it's well out of my reach. Still fun to think about. I do think mine would be a good experience even if it's nothing like I expect it to be.
>>
I want a cozy place not packed with a bunch of shit where I can smoke weed.
Apparently that's harder to achieve than I thought.
>>
>>35066737
I had a dream that I would one day be a Martian Looter Kang.

>We wuz rock faces and mars roverz and shit earthboi.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 299x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 299x302px
>>35066737

If you're main ambition with music is to make a lot of money, you're barking up the wrong tree.

>first
you clearly lack talent or passion if money is your goal

>second
you need to be financially stable or be a neet to actually get your name out because 80% of your musical career will cost you more than you make until you catch a big break or sell out to a decent record label which is about as common as winning the lottery.

It's like playing hockey, yeah some people make a shit load doing it but only the top tier of players make it to that level and live a life that facilitated being able to train for hours a day and be able to afford equipment, league expenses etc etc. It's good to have dreams OP and my dad always me "shoot for the stars, even if you miss you'll land on the moon" but establish yourself as a functioning member of society before you expect the world to give you wealth and fame for doing something relatively meaningless
>>
>>35067335
What country do you live in? If you live in Canada I have a foolproof way of doing this as a NEET.
>>
Plenty of things I think about-face getting back into trucking, HVAC certs, fish last test for mcse this time-consuming make a living.
>>
>>35067387
I live in the United States.
Fresh graduate with a good degree, can't find a fucking job in this meme economy.
>>
>>35067423
Oh, and also Mr. Shekelstein is going to care about my piss. Fuck this stupid planet.
>>
>>35067301
go to where they aren't. move to a small town
>>
I dream that I can undo past mistakes all the time
realistically speaking I just want to be a better father than mine ever was; I don't think it's truly possible for me to become something amazing, but a kid of mine could sure as hell be steered away from making the same failures I did.
holy shit is getting a job intimidating though
>>
>>35067520
>I dream that I can undo past mistakes all the time
I oftentimes dream of doing things now that would make up for the failures in my past. I just want to vindicate myself.
>>
>>35067520
I'm in the same boat as you. When I was young my dad wasn't there much. The good thing about it though is one day when I do have kids I'll be able to experience and give them the opportunity to go out and do fun things. Haven't been to Disneyland, would like to experience it with my future kids one day.
>>
>>35066737
I just wish that I had some sort of useful talent.
>>
>>35067835
Spend the requisite time developing one
>>
>>35066737
I want to be a musician too. It's the only thing I'm semi good at, so I thought why not go after it? I'm writing my debut full length now, but I've released some other stuff, but it's all just sloppy bedroom shit

I'm studying audio engineering, so hopefully I'll be able to find a real job with that while still pursuing music, but whatever happens, as long as I have some amount of downtime, I can still write music

>>35067835
You can do anything (within reason) if you put in the time. They say if you put in 10,000 hours of something, it's all yours
>>
>>35066737
I want to be a film writer/director and make 2deep4u films like Roy Andersson and Shane Curruth.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.