[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /math disability/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1481310959313.gif (1MB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
1481310959313.gif
1MB, 303x307px
Who here /math disability/?
>>
File: 14760892361114.jpg (98KB, 597x652px) Image search: [Google]
14760892361114.jpg
98KB, 597x652px
lol its not that hard

>tfw when I was doing AP calc in 7th grade
>tfw now make 110K as an engineer
>tfw I am a KV
>tfw I have no friends
>>
I have a big problem with simple mental math, I guess they call it math anxiety. It used to bother me when I was younger, now I don't give a fuck, I'll pull out my phone calculator and do simple arithmetic in front of anyone, don't care anymore
>>
File: 1485857640191.png (103KB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1485857640191.png
103KB, 1250x1250px
>>35064195
>tfw not even the tutors could save me

it's liberating to know you never had a chance in the first place
>>
me and this idiot >>35063696
>>
>>35064313

>kv

Making that money is the equivalent of having Chad genes, i don't believe you
>>
>every year I would completely forget everything I learned and have to rush through literally every facet of math I was supposed to know, barely able to not fail classes
>had to take a remedial math class in college because I wasn't able to keep up by then and did in fact fail
>after that remedial class I forgot everything I learned again and managed to not fail the real class a second time by one point
How do I make math stick in my head? It's so fucking hard. It's the only academic subject I ever had to study for, and even then I didn't get perfect grades like everything else.
>>
>>35064376
I could have gotten laid a few times but knowing it was because of the money just turned me off and made me depressed/suicidal

I just stopped trying. Been spending my money on meme stocks and solo world trips

I know it sounds great but its a curse knowing that you are better of thn most but still are a failure
>>
>get pretty serious head injury as a young child
>turn out pretty OK
>except I can't do anything past order of operations and standard addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and all that
>tried so hard so many times to learn
>after years and multiple attempts I can still only do pre-algebra
>tfw you do fine in every other subject but the part of your brain that does math got fucking physically wrecked as a kid probably
>tfw wanted to do compsci but had to settle for IT because I can't manage the math related courses

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>35064492
fellow engineer how do you do, i am pajeet.
also an engineer, i make the equivalent of about $90,000 though. but i do also study so my income is impacted.

my parents are rich anyway so going for the arranged marriage meme. do you want me to hook you up anon?
>>
in HS I had A's and B's in all subjects but was in a special ed class for math. no bullshit.
>>
>>35064492
>I could have gotten laid a few times but knowing it was because of the money just turned me off and made me depressed/suicidal
Can you greentext about this? I am curious what it's like to get interest because you have money. How do they find out? How to they approach you? How do you know it's just about the money?
>>
Math too boring for me to do it.

It's like learning a language, you need heavy time commitment and real motivation to do it
>>
I am not even on pre-calc and I know that I'm going to fail this quarter because I don't understand the homework at all.

Is there anything not related to numbers or medicine that can realistically make me money?
>>
>>35064195
got A+ in last year highschool in algebra and every since I've given up on everything, I got C in both Cal I and II
>>
>>35065615
business mang

or run a business
>>
>>35065663
A business degree requires far more math than I'm capable of. I do have some ideas for products though even if I don't know how to make them.
>>
>>35064195
Isn't that just being stupid?
It's not a disability. Luckily there's nothing wrong with being dumb, as long as you put in effort to whatever you are doing.
>>
>>35064195
Just git gud. I used to suck at math, got a C in calc 1, and failed calc 2. I dug in my heels and retook it as a summer course and got an A.
>>
File: 1486123972586.gif (87KB, 592x415px) Image search: [Google]
1486123972586.gif
87KB, 592x415px
>>35066052
>tfw dumb and lazy

I need help
>>
>>35064313
If you can't recognize that something that isn't hard for you might be hard for others I guess there's no wonder you're a KV
>>
File: 1435375472365.jpg (39KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1435375472365.jpg
39KB, 599x600px
>>35066052
Yes and no. Some people definitely learn quicker, but many people just wave their hands at it claiming they'll never get math while never putting forth any effort.

I'm pretty bad at Trig admittedly, but I still got it down because there was no way I'd be able to pass Statics & Dynamics otherwise.
>>
>tfw was so bad at math I had to go in the easy math group (Although to be fair like half the class did)
>teacher spends his time talking about himself so we don't have time to learn
>ask for help
>he came to my desk, did the question and said we should know this already then walked away
>never had any idea what he did

Whenever I try to do math nowadays I just zone out, just can't do it
>>
>>35064515
I hitted my head as a child too.

I doubt it's the reason i'm bad at anything other than add, substract and multiply (and only with numbers from 1 to 5, nothing un-even) but it makes me feel better about myself to imagine that's the reason.
>>
>>35066199
My mom had multiple tutors teach me trough the years but I always ended up like >>35064394

I only learned to divide when I was near finishing highschool, which never ended up happening anyway.
>>
>doing stem
>done more maths and maths accessories than most people will do in a life time
>still have to pull out phone and do percent for tip of bill when eating out
>>
>>35066342
I can do complex convolutions but I probably couldn't do something like 16% of 23.95 in my head.
One is hard in concept, the other is just tedious.
>>
>2/3 through math degree
Let me tell you about all the things I have learned but will never use.
>>
>>35066499
Just how big is the cardinality of the set of the reals?
>>
>>35064195
Me, I'm self-diagnosed though
>>
>>35064195
>math disability
that's a funny way of spelling Down's
>>
>>35066052
I have dyscalculia
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.