[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop the isolation from driving you crazy? I work

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1429915334636.gif (2MB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1429915334636.gif
2MB, 750x750px
How do you stop the isolation from driving you crazy?

I work as a programmer from home, zero friends, virtually no human contact outside of work. The first 2 years were okay but now my brain seems to be melting.
>>
>>35059691
You're lucky anon, I wish I had your job & knowledge.
>>
>>35059691

Why did you choose that career, anon? Surely you knew the life it would lead to....
>>
I wish I had that job. I can't into programming.
>>
>>35060874
>Why did you choose that career, anon?
I don't think I ever had a choice.
Autism and a moderate mathematical talent sealed the fate early on.
I'm not a very good programmer to be honest, but it pays bills
>>
>>35060842
Thank you. I sometimes fail to appreciate that bit of luck.
The isolation makes everything seem insignificant sometimes. In fact there have been studies confirming just that.
Isolation flattens all emotions
>>
>>35059691
i usually find events that i know people are going to be at and forcibly talk to them, even if it turns out spaghetti.
>>
File: 1453674039982.png (670KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1453674039982.png
670KB, 1366x768px
>>35059691
Presumably you have money, just go and spend it on stuff that gets you around people. Try:

>group therapy
>yoga class
>aerobics class
>language class

And try to make an effort to talk to people there.

Otherwise you could watch YouTube videos and shit to make yourself feel less lonely.
>>
Thankfully I still have friends I've met on the internet so that's all the "socialization" I need
NEET life is driving me crazy but I'm hanging on
I wish I could work as a programmer from home
>>
>>35060990

I see what you mean. I chose to be a CPA for similar reasons, but I'm pretty high-functioning and it provides me with some social interaction (sad as it may be)
>>
File: 1478998454874.jpg (131KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1478998454874.jpg
131KB, 1440x810px
I live with my parents, I don't talk to anyone else. Still feel really lonely tho.
>>
>>35059691

same with me except now i use my money and unlimited time to travel and work using my laptop
>>
>>35059691
What language do you use and what do you primarily make for your clients? I really wanna learn to code so I can work from home but I'm not sure what the best language for it is.
>>
>>35059691
>I work as a programmer from home
Are you self taught? How do you do this? Sorry to ignore your question:

My advice is to make some friends online if you're afraid of social stuff irl, otherwise you could go to a local programming school and volunteer to teach or refresh on some classes and while there try to make some friends.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.