[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bipolar pills

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: doctar!.jpg (1MB, 2048x1224px) Image search: [Google]
doctar!.jpg
1MB, 2048x1224px
Anyone have experience taking Lamotrigine (Lamictal)? Was just prescribed this by my shrink last night. Apparently it can take up to a few weeks to work completely, but I kinda want to know what to expect.

Also general meds thread.

>what are you on / have you been on?
>did it work?
>if you stopped taking it, why?
>were you forced to go to the shrink?
>>
File: pills.gif (1MB, 388x369px)
pills.gif
1MB, 388x369px
>>35051349
I took lamictal for about two years, had minimal side effects and it worked really well for me. For some horrifying reason it eventually lost its effectiveness, though, and I had to change meds.

I'm currently taking lithium, abilify, propranolol and wellbutrin for bipolar disorder type 1 and OCD. The lithium completely stopped the manic episodes (which lamictal did not). Abilify helps enormously with any hallucinations and other psychosis. Propranolol greatly reduces the tremor I have from taking lithium and abilify for years and also lowers my blood pressure, alleviates headaches and minimizes physical symptoms of anxiety. Wellbutrin has been my antidepressant for like 4 years now and while it's far from perfect, so long as I avoid alcohol it helps a ton.

I can't even list all of the meds I've tried but a word of caution:
SSRIs are the fucking devil and if you have bipolar disorder, NEVER EVER EVER take them. They can and will make you even worse.

I was forced to go to a shrink when I was a teenager for asinine reasons, but several years later my mental health actually had worsened to the point where I needed help. Spent a very long time and a lot of wasted effort on shitty shrinks trying to find someone that could help. Wasn't until I was 24 that I finally got with a good team of doctors who figured out what was wrong and what to do about it.
>>
My ex took that shit for seizures bitch lost her mind when she was taken off of them
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.