[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cant fucking wait for vr

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1487712359003.jpg (1MB, 4602x3852px) Image search: [Google]
1487712359003.jpg
1MB, 4602x3852px
hello fellow robots.

in this thread, we shall discuss the realisticity and plausability of a matrix-like virtual reality.

>be me
>receive my newest oculus virtual-existence v3.4.
>stay inside for weeks, months even.
>any game ever.
>fuck any video game character ever.
>the possibilities are LITERALLY limitless.
>fuck chads and stacies when i can be fucking a skyrim argonian.
>mfw it even comes with a nutrient IV for long-term stay.
>waste disposal.
>everything thought out so well.
>then i wake up.
>cry a bit.
>go back to sleep.

could a machine that simulates nervous input be used to generate a completely artificial reality that can be at least a bit realistic?

also, if you hypothetically HAD such a machine, would you ever even leave it?

>no, i have nothing in this world.
>>
File: gradeA.png (56KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
gradeA.png
56KB, 700x600px
Well first, we need to make some points and build ourselves the scenario.

1: Has data-processing hit a major breakthrough to allow this?

2: Are there other senses we are not aware of that may 'break' a sense of reality?

3: Is this 'machine' capable of human upkeep for the user's lifespan?

4: Is it online; is socialization a factor, or will you be alone with poorly written/in-organic AI.

5: Has biotechnology progressed to such an extent?

6: Is is easy to use; can you leave it and re-enter easily whenever you please?
If all of these questions are answered and fulfill the needs of such reality to exist. Then surely, I would use such a device. How would I use it would depends on my life's status.

With such an incredible piece of technology that would definitely reshape the world, how can you accurately assume your current opinion on life would cause you to use such a machine.
>>
>>35044519

>depends
>tfw you make a single mistake after making sure
>thrice
>>
>>35044085
True VR is going to take place in pod type machines that you'll have to pay a monthly/yearly fee for.

Once your money runs out, you're done.
>>
>>35044519
alright, let me explain.
>essentially what it does is it generates a virtual reality you have absolute control over, and can create interactive characters to suit your image.
>biotech HAS become that advanced, essentially with plugs you can utilize to "connect" yourself.
Sorta like avatar, if you're ever seen the movie.
>You can enter and leave.
>your life is you right now.
>No other senses.
>Data processing has reached quantum computing levels.
>>
>>35044755
Who programs the AIs to interact with though.
Who writes the actual 'gameplay' of how the world works.

This sort of fantasy I think is a waste right now. Instead look at the technology we have now and figure out what can be done. Best we have is VR headsets.
>>
>>35044886
>Can't have sex aside from fapping in VR.

Literally only reason I want VR is to fuck.
>Literally.
>>
>>35044755
Well, bending anything to fit it, then yes. It's plausible. (Easily)

However, I'm more interested in how it would affect society as a whole.

>no mention of life support

So mass deaths due to malnutrition, mass addiction too?
>>
>>35044944
They have those weird fleshlight machines you can strap on your dick
>>
>>35044944
>>35045052

No need, sensory replacement will make you 'feel' like you're fucking. After all, how can you know you're fucking other than using your 5 senses.

>>No other senses.
>>
>>35045115
Basically something like Sword Art Online.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.