[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UNI FEELS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 22

File: sjw cutie.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
sjw cutie.jpg
1B, 486x500px
How many of you guys have thought about dropping out of college? I'm failing everything. I have no interest in my major or any of the classes I'm taking right now. I've been in school for 5 years now and I'm still a junior. I'm so behind in all my classes. I feel like a fucking loser and it just brings me so much pain.

I feel like I will be working in my retail job forever now.

If you guys did drop or fail, how has life been since you left school?
>>
I managed 2 days then i dropped out and moved home again
>>
you weren't meant for it. really most people who go to college weren't either. just drop out anon. save yourself from all the fucking stress and debt.
>>
>fail midterm
>prof is giving us another midterm
>will drop lower grade
Thank you based god
>>
File: 1485846426714.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1485846426714.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>35041800
I failed out of my original major and had to change into my current major which I have absolutely no interest in, I hate every day I have to go to class and I skip constantly which is fucking up my grades. I also feel like I'll be stuck with my current shitty job forever which makes me feel sick a lot of the time. I've considered trying to get diagnosed with autism and anxiety and just becoming a neet which is all I want anymore, but I know my parents would judge me, plus I'd have to get enough money from it to live alone/support myself since my parents kicked me out as soon as uni started. So realistically I'll keep going until I fail out then kill my self once I have to go full time at my wagecuck job
>>
>>35041897
I just don't know what to do with my life, man. I'm 23. A lot people my age are done with their degrees, starting their new careers, being in love, getting married and having kids.

I'm not doing shit, but working a job I hate and going to a school I hate. I don't want to work at this job forever because its getting really bad. I also don't want to disappoint my parents.
>>
File: 1459813202604.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1459813202604.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>tfw finishing college for pretty much no reason at point since I'm planning on becoming a cop
>>
>>35041800
Yeah I thought about it, I deiced I've still go the exam to go (and that's 80% minimum of my modules). Coupled with the fact I'd already payed up 60% of my tuition, I thought there was little point in dropping out and I should just knuckle down instead.
>>
I've dropped out twice but I'm back for the 3rd time.
>>
>>35041800

I'm dropping out after my next classes on Thursday . Feels good, finally I'll get to be a neet again. Fuck trying to fit into society
>>
>>35041800
I hate college so much. I don't belong here at all (like most of us on here.) I am just floating my way through g.e. courses right now, but next quarter I will have to take major courses. My major is a non-stem, so I'm getting a meme degree that will get me nowhere in life. My parents insist that I waste my time and their money on it, even though I've told them that it's pointless. They know that my degree isn't going to be worth anything, but for some reason they are making me finish. I don't have a choice because I have no money in the bank and I've never held a job, and they will kick me out of the house if I try to move back in without attending school. So, I either stay here or become homeless.
>>
File: 1484940550107.png (1B, 486x500px)
1484940550107.png
1B, 486x500px
>>35041800
I walked into Comp Sci and walked out a few weeks later. I'm currently studying for my CCENT and now in Finance.

I was going to get my certification regardless of my uni major, but I thought it made more sense to go with CS. Nothing in my 21 years of living has made me feel like a retarded brainlet than that fucking class.

Fuck that class desu, the professor was a brutal honest kind of person. I still remember him telling me that he was sure I was going to fail the course when I went to go talk to him about my struggle with the class.

I felt smart and confident in community college, now I feel dumb and hopeless in uni.
>>
>>35041917

More like
Than you based prof
>>
>>35043261
>I felt smart and confident in community college, now I feel dumb and hopeless in uni.

Yeah now I know why people shit on CC. The classes are so fucking easy and the professors don't really give a shit. I slacked off in my history class and still got an A-. When I should have gotten a C.

Uni has fucked me up so much.
>>
I almost completely lost it this term again, but I managed to get some sleep and reorganize myself.
Still unsure about some of my classes I don't care about.
>>
>>35041800
I live in Canada and I dropped out after a year. Like you, I wasn't really interested in what I was doing and didn't have the work ethic coming from high school to get through it. It didn't make financial sense to continue.

Life's pretty good now. I finished college, which I think is called community college over there. Can't speak to your economic situation, but if you put in some effort and prioritize your finances you should do alright. Still hate myself tho
>>
File: no.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
no.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>35041800
>I've been in school for 5 years now

I'm hanging on. I hope this doesn't happen to me.

Got a 3.0 GPA in one core class and failed 3 others, luckily the failing GPA get 100% replaced by the one you get on the second attempt.

I really don't know, it's as if I've lost passion about most things in life and am indulging in masturbation that doesn't even feel good anymore because I do it too frequently.

To do reasonably well, I just need to put in the time, yet it's so fucking hard. Don't get me started on social life, only acquaintance, no friend made over nearly two semesters.
>>
File: empty.gif (1B, 486x500px)
empty.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>35043796
Yeah jerking off, getting on 4chan, working out and drinking isn't really fun for me anymore.
>>
File: skeet.png (1B, 486x500px)
skeet.png
1B, 486x500px
>it's another professor starts yelling at and belittling the class for getting bad grades on the test episode
>>
>>35043842
>working out

well at least you got that going, getting any pussy?
>>
>>35041800
Feel like dropping out every day even though I get good grades and have the money for it. Just have no interest, don't know what I want to do, and hate the social aspect of college. Everyone feels fake to me
>>
>>35043988
No I'm still a skelly.

Also I have shit tier genetics, so even if I work out I'll still look like shit. I would work out because it took distracted me from my depression, but I've lately stopped going.

I worked out today for the first time in a while and it was bad. I didn't even finish my workout. I just didn't really feel energized or anything.
>>
>>35044027
what do you mean fake?
>>
>>35044062
anon, it's really about being healthy

just saying, you got something valuable going on for you
>>
>>35041800
Change majors to something you like, then power through it?
>>
File: leo.png (1B, 486x500px)
leo.png
1B, 486x500px
>wake up
>eat breakfast alone
>walk to class alone
>go to the gym alone
>eat lunch alone
>wait until my next class starts alone
>sit in class alone
>eat dinner alone
>go back to my dorm and sleep...alone
>repeat EVERY day and tell yourself that you're gonna make it brah
>>
>>35044138
A lot of guys I went to high school with and even some I was friends with since high school always put on an act. They're always joking around, being loud, grouping up with people who can get them into parties, pretending to be interested in sports and shit that they're not. Basically doing whatever the most popular kids like as a sort of survival mechanism. No one I knew is themself. Some people want to APPEAR to be an individualist rather than actually being one. No one questions the group leader in fear of being an outcast.

>inb4 they've just changed grow up

No, they're still the same old same old on break but I can't stand them in college and when I've called them out they've admitted to wanting to be part of the pack. Noticed a lot of other people with similart behavior, so have to assume that, even though I didn't know them before, they're probably faking it too
>>
>>35044331
Not even jesus suffered that hard
>>
>>35044062
Power through that shit dude. Keep the routine and just focus on the lifting, make it a habit again.
>>
>>35044331
Serious question, what exactly do you do between dinner time and when you fall asleep? Just mess around on the internet? It's the hardest time of day for me
>>
>>35044405
anon, I don't think people will fake their interests
>>
>>35041800
I already dropped out. I realized I simply wasn't motivated enough. I was just going to college because everyone told me it was the next step in life. Fuck following the steps blindly, you've got to find your own path.
>>
>>35044331
This is what fucking destroyed me. Everywhere you go you see people hanging out with friends, flirting with girls, etc. It's a constant reminder of just how abnormal and fucked up you really are.
>>
>>35044430
>friends admit to faking their interests to be part of a good social clique
>"people don't fake their interests anon"

Retard
>>
>>35044420
Shitposting, TV, classwork, and getting high. You eventually become so consumed with what you're doing and a few hours will pass by without you even noticing and then you're ready for bed.
>>
>>35044509
like how many friends?

my friends have diverse interests

it's not representative
>>
>>35044331

oh yeah, you're totally going to make it.
>>
>>35044574

This post would have been much better if I remembered my picture.
>>
>>35044610
is this why you get the scenario where you have a company of 5 managers and one worker?
>>
I hate school so much. I hate always being stressed about signments and always being tired and being there all day without talking to anyone and being unable to act like a normalfag
>>
>>35044681
why don't you do stuff you want to do or get to a point of being able to do it?
>>
>>35044610
>>35044574
fuck I hate to admit that this is true. What the fuck should I do (other than kill myself)? Anyone please. Social autist here
>>
>>35044758
Not all of us have dreams and stuff
>>
>>35043803
IT support my dude. IT is a strong industry, and you'd be surprised what good mannerisms and effort can get you job-wise.
>>
>>35041962
>planning on becoming a cuck
FTFY
>>
>>35044610
this is why everybody says to choose a job you like, so you will act confident about it
>>
>>35044475
This is exactly why I can't stop thinking about how everyone is better than me.
>>
>>35041962
having more backup options is always good.
>>
I'm in CS and I don't have fucking time for anything. All I can think about is the assignments I have to work on. And while I'm working on one assignment I'm thinking of another. It's gotten to a point where it's basically all I dream about too. There's so little time that if I take a little more of a break than usual I find myself doing assignments in other classes.
>>
>tfw social science degree in 10 more months which doesnt guarantee job
>should have done something computer related but already 22, no money, etc

anybody know if you can get a job with any networking or IT certs?
>>
>>35045152
>graduating in 10 months
>doesn't already have internship and career path lined up

Godspeed anon
>>
>>35045199
thanks i know man
>>
I finally signed up for student counselling. I've got my first session in 8 hours.
It seemed like a good idea when I registered for it that one night at 3am but now that it's here I feel too anxious about it.
Anyone have experience with counselling/therapy? Will I have to talk about my childhood memories and traumatic experiences?
>>
Reading all of these comments makes a feel loads better about entering the job market. I really hope more people at my uni feel this way and give up. The apathy, social anxiety, and suicidal tendencies that have gripped my generation is truly a blessing. Less competition is a great thing
>>
I live in a tiny and shitty room with a tiny and shitty window in an old and shitty "student housing" complex but the internet is decent so whatever. I failed all my STEM classes last semester even though I'm a STEM major so I'm retaking some of them. I go to class and take notes and try to study but at the end of the day nothing sticks and I feel like such a fucking dumbass. I made a few friends last semester but I hardly see them now. People I knew in high school are keeping up with each other but none of them have even contacted me since graduation. I don't have any talents, I have 0 work experience, I'm not attractive, and I'm a manlet so I have very slim chances of getting into any relationships. I've stopped enjoying the things I used to enjoy and I don't know how to be happy again because everything feels so fucking hopeless. I'm just waiting for the day I get mowed down by a speeding car while I'm crossing the street.
>>
>>35044420
After dinner I usually manage to get 2-3 games of league of legends in and maybe some episodes of a tv show on netflix. After that I quickly rush any homework I have due for the next day and then resume to watching stuff online etc.

The worst part is that it's actually satisfying to me. I love coming home after a day of social anxiety filled encounters to my room where I have my comfy dual monitors and escapisms.
>>
>>35045334
Why not get medicated?
>>
>dorm neighbor hears me playing guitar through the wall
>tells me to bring my acoustic to the bonfire party they are throwing next week

Am I gonna make it?
>>
>fail all classes last semester
>not even hard classes, two anthropology, film, and college algebra
>taking two classes this semester, film and composition 1
>not doing anything in either one
>have paper due tommorow in English
>150 points
>haven't started, no idea what to write

It only needs to be 4 paragraphs and 600-800 words but I'm such a lazy dumbass that I can't get it done and I'm going to fail again
>>
>>35041800
I dropped out a few months ago. I'm living the NEET life now and it's pretty nice. I'm not cut out for college. I skipped class and couldn't handle the classroom environment. I had no friends and grew suicidal. College is not meant for everyone dude it's ok
>>
>>35044610
That pic is the ultimate blackpill. Jesus christ.
>>
I forgot to sign up for housing for next semester so I had to put in a late application

I have no idea what I'll do if I don't get it. I'm not sure I'll be able to go
>>
Too stupid for MIT but I want to go to the best engineering school possible
>>
>>35045350
Well I'm >>35045269 so hopefully with counselling I will be forwarded to a doctor who can help me out.
>>
>>35045428
it doesn't even matter what uni you go to as long as your course is accredited by the IET.

Just be smart bro.
i'm doing my M.Eng in EEEng
>>
>>35045363
Not everyone wants to be a NEET though. I was technically a NEET for 1 month and I hated it. I was so much more depressed as a neet and I really don't want to go back to that life.
>>
>>35043261
my CS professor is very honest too but not in that way. he told the class that they are all being scammed and that most college degrees are worthless these days, and that the education system is dumbed down, etc. he spends more time redpilling the students than actually teaching.
>>
>>35045503
you seem nice, do you have an email i can contact you at?
>>
>surrounded by thousands of cute girls
>too autistic to say a word to any of them.
>>
>classmate giving presentation
>pronounces Silicon Valley as "Silicone Valley"
>does so at least 10 times
>it was even spelled as such on the PowerPoint

State colleges were a mistake. Nothing but diploma mills.
>>
>>35045557
um sure
[email protected]
>>
>>35041800
At least you get to go to uni you spoiled cunt. I had to work after HS to support my family and give my chance for my brother to go to uni cuz he was smarter.
>>
>don't go to classes
>read the textbooks
>ace the exams
I'm living the life
>>
>enroll in community college for CS
>realize I'm too stupid a week later
gonna enroll in accounting and kill myself
anyone in accounting here?
>>
>>35045730
>tfw attendance is required in every class
reeee
>>
>>35041800
Anyone go to UVM?
>>
Is horticulture considered STEM?

I like to pretend I'm in STEM.
>>
>make edgy jokes with a friend in private
>mfw he secretly reported me to the RA
>mfw the RA reported me to residence life
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>35045715
>spoiled cunt.

I went to Community college because it was cheaper and the reason why I didn't have to pay much was because my family was poor and still is.

I'm not spoiled
>>
>>35041800
Who the hell is this girl?
I've seen her posted several times.
>>
>>35045623
>can't find an attractive girl
>don't like guys
Is this the ultimate form of autism?
>>
>>35045129
data structures and algorithms was a bitch class.
>>
>had 1st Cost Acc Exam today
>was completely lost
>dumb professor just sat at her desk grading papers w/o walking around surveying
>looked up the formulas and some of the answers on coursehero on my cell phone
WEEEEW, FEELS SO FUCKING GOOOOD!
Thought I was going to have to drop, and waste another semester of my life retaking. Pretty sure I got a B minimum, would've bombed it with like a 30 or something otherwise

>>35045733
Yep I'm in it. I wouldn't touch it unless it's something you really want to do though.
I fucking hate it, and you have to be detail oriented to last. I also took it cause I was too stupid to pass Calculus II and that was a prerequisite for Computer Science.
If I could rewind time, I would've taken Botany or something environment science related, shit that actually interest. me. I only took Accounting cause I was thinking about the money.
>>
>>35045733
stick with CS you nigger. if not then do, IT.
>>
>>35045843
If you can't find an attractive girl in university I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>35045859
you sound exactly like me
scared of calculus, interested in botany, and not interested in accounting

I need a job that is in demand, especially abroad because that's my end game
also is it possible to get the 150 for CPA by the time you get your bachelor's

>>35045872
the highest math I've ever taken was geometry for reasons, and my mind isn't really STEM oriented
>>
So anon, how're things going with the cute girl in class? :3
>>
>>35045909

She talked to me yesterday, and I didn't completely spill my spaghetti.

So there's that.
>>
>>35045859
>>35045897
I'm currently doing Computer engineering, and In calc 2 right now. why the fuck would you guys drop cause of 1 class?wtf
>>
>>35045960
also calc 2 is known to be a weed out class, so might as well expect to take it multiple times...
>>
>>35044331

iktf anon.

Part of me loves it, part of me hates it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBRAnuT48qo

This is what gets me through the days, music, games, videos, a world of fantasy. It's better than the abyss we're destined for. Resisting inevitability is what makes us human.
>>
>>35045960
>>35045976
not interested in having to take classes multiple times just to pass. i'm not even particularly interested in CS
>>
>>35045939
Who initiated the conversation? What did you guys talk about? Did she show any signs that she was into you?
>>
>see a qt in a few of my classes, most likely same major
>see her around my apartment a few times, probably live in the same building
>make eye contact a few times but nothing apart from that
>she sits alone most of the time too
>sit behind her in one of my classes
How do I talk to her without seeming like an autist? Will she be annoyed? Will it be weird if I go and sit next to her or mention that I saw her in a few classes? Do I ask for her number or give her mine? Fuck I hate social interaction but I've been alone for all 3 years of uni.
>>
>>35046007

She did, but we were in the same group for a project, so it wasn't like out of the blue or anything.

Talked about the class.

I don't think so. I can never really tell though.
>>
>>35046006
>i'm not even particularly interested in CS
that explains it all..cause after calc 2 its pretty much downhill on the math..
>>
>>35045960
Cause I couldn't pass it, I was literally wasting a semester taking like 2 classes cause Calc 2 was prerequisite for the others I needed. Once I failed it I was like fuck it, I'm not wasting another.
>>35045897
Yeah when I started college, I didn't think Botany or shit like would land me a stable job, wish I wouldve taken it otherwise
>>
>>35041800
>failing "everything"
>not quitting
What do you plan on achieving?
>>
>>35046023
You shouldn't fall for the "shy girl" meme. They do not exist. When they sit alone it is xue to arrogance that they already have a massive circle. Stalk her for five minutes, you will see.
>>
>>35046023
Next time in class ask her what her major is. If she's the same as you you can probably spin a conversation off that. If she isn't, you can talk about the class. Talk about the professor, discuss upcoming tests, ask her if she wants to study, etc. I don't fucking know man I'm just repeating shit I've read in these threads.
>>
>Have to pass coding classes to graduate
>Afraid I'm too stupid to pass them

Help brehs
>>
I barely lasted a semester. The uni psychiatrist looked at me with sincere concern I would harm myself or worse. The police escorted me out of the building and I spent a weekend at a mental hospital. I will always remember one of the nurses looking at me and saying "this is your home now". I went back to school and dropped a few courses, but it didn't make things much better. I remember trying to cut myself with my own math notebook, as pathetic as that sounds. I just dropped out, and self studied for the A+ cert as well as some Python. I lost focus on that and got a job as a cashier, and ended up going to college for an IT diploma, which is going alot better. My program is mostly filled with uni dropouts or people with useless degrees. Don't be afraid to drop. There are so many options out there. It may seem difficult, but you will manage to figure things out.
>>
>>35046166
How old are you, Anon?

Originalololol
>>
>>35045152
Yep. Look into the A+ and CCNA. Granted the A+ is entry-level and really only qualifies you for a basic tech position like at geek squad, but it is a solid start. Professor Messer has free lectures on the A+
>>
>>35046191

What do you mean "originalololol"?
>>
>All C's this semester
>Need a 3.0 minimum to get into business school and away from this shitty community college
I hate myself
>>
>>35045269
Just go to one session and see if its helpful for you.
In my experience the councillor wont really bring up topics youre uncomfortable with, but they will encourage you to be as open/honest as possible. Just remember it's all confidential.
Also dont expect it to be a life changing experience - in fact youll probably feel slightly underwhelmed by the whole thing.
Overall i'd reccomend it;
It's surprising how much it can help to just talk about stuff.
>>
It seems as though most everyone is having fun but me.

It's a pretty bad feel.
>>
>Roommate smokes weed 2-4 times a day
>Blast shitty music on his phone
>Drinks nightly
>Wonders why he's 26 and still "1 and a half years away from a normal college degree"

Goddamn, it's a perfect sterotype. He's "Dating" a freshmen, she only comes over to smoke his weed, and talk shit about him behind his back to me.
>>
>>35046222
/r9k/ is a weird board. If your post isn't "original" then you'll be muted for a few seconds.

Because everyone here responds with comments like mine, they end up getting muted. By adding originallolol or some other bullshit like that, you won't get muted.

Yea I know its fucking dumb.
Anyways how long did it take you to get your degree?
>>
I don't want to do college anymore lads, I'm sick of it

I want to go to trade school and be an electrician, I believe I'm fit enough to handle manual labor

Should I do it?
>>
I honestly don't know why I thought I could handle college. I'm a junior in art school, and was just forced by my therapist to register with the office of disabilities at my school and let them know what was going on with me, or she would suggest to my parents that I should take time off. I'm all registered now, and have letters I'm supposed to now give to each of my professors, but honestly don't know if I want to out of fear of coming off as someone who's trying to milk the system. Things are so fucking rough though. With art being so personal, being a sensitive and sad kid 24/7, and art school basically being about having your work constantly judged and critiqued in front of others, I'm not sure I can make it to graduation. Going into art therapy after I get my BA, which will make me happier, but art therapy is only a masters program, so I'm fucked if I don't stick it out and get this degree. Crying almost every morning when open eyes and remember classes today. Where are all the meaningful social interactions I hear about all the time. What the fuck am I doing here.
>>
>>35046341
Ah thanks. Originally I went to uni for a computer science degree, but lasted less then one semester. Now I'm going to college for an IT diploma, which I started in fall 2015 and will be finishing in April 2017
>>
College is fucking infuriating, there are too many attractive girls everywhere that I have no chance with. Makes me want to go ER tbqh
>>
>>35046400
I always see people holding hands on campus and on my commute. All my classmates are either in a relationship or have had one. College makes me feel lonely
>>
>>35045771
I do. Came all the way out from CA. Considering suicide right now. Maybe you'd get an email about it?
>>
>>35046378
Do it! I'm paying my student loans for a useless degree as a union electrician. Breddy gud job. Good money and very good outlook for future work. I'm in the northwest tho. $100000/year @40hr per week. Doesn't include OT
>>
>>35046429
same, all the non-party sluts have boyfriends already, its ogre.
>>
>>35046398
Hang on. You can get through this
>>
Can I ask for some advice anons?

I was doing alright in my STEM major (B-C range) until my anxiety hit me like a fucking brick. I failed all my classes, dropped out and now have a shitty factory job, but I'm out of debt and financially stable.
How do I not stay here forever? I'm not stupid, just can't get the better of my anxiety or motivational problems. Is there some kind of robot-tier study or trade I could have a chance at?
>>
The problem with high school is that it trains you for college/university not a real job. The problem with college/university is that it trains you for grad school not a real job. By my sophomore year I had all the knowledge needed for a job but had 2 more years.

It took me 8.5 years to graduate college (Chemistry Major). My junior year I felt like you but I was already so far through it that I couldn't give up without being disowned by my parents. Every class turned from easy rote memorization (Organic chemistry) and simple algebra (Analytical Chemistry) to quantum physics / differential equations level (P-Chem, Quantum Chem, Diff Equations, etc.) in this year. I didn't sign up for this.

I failed 3/5 of my classes the first semester of my junior year and barely passed the other two. I then got a job at a grocery store and worked~ 30 hours a week while only taking 1 (or 2 classes if they were not as demanding) per semester. I spent the rest of my time playing video games because I only studied like 3 hours per week. I also paid for school as I went so I didn't have any debt when I graduated.

After graduation I was "unemployed" in the chemistry field for about half a year while I was still working at the grocery store before I found my first job.

I was the willing to move to shitty states in ghetto/white trash areas in the southern USA and that's how I got my foot in the door. I was a Quality Control technical for a soap factory that made the claim that it killed 99.9% or some bullshit number of germs. Therefore the FDA forced them to prove that the ingredient that in there is within +/- 10% of what it's supposed to be. After 6 months I then got a slight better job in another shitty area and repeated.

At 31 years old, I now get paid 60k usd/year living in a decent but low cost area to write documents and fill tables full of data in MS word / Excel. I've automated most of my work with Macros and just play on my cellphone all day now.
>>
>>35046520
Medical Lab Technician is a very easy job. It's also a very easy major. You can go to Community College to get the prerequisite that you don't already have then easily get into a program. This was my fall back plan.

Or try being a male nurse? It's only a demanding job if you make it one, some of the degrading things you have to do like clean old people's shit covered ass and thighs only seem like they are degrading but no one actually thinks less of you.

Water plant operator. Anywhere that has anything that isn't well water, has these type of job openings. All you have to do is pass a few certification exams. The job isn't even hard. It's one of those jobs that people never think about but it pays decent.
>>
>>35046582
As you can tell by my shitty grammar, it's not that hard of a job to get. I do correct the grammar in the documents though, the FDA reads them sometimes lol.
>>
>>35041800
>tfw have a midterm in Javascript, Database Managment, And Oral Comm Tomorrow.
>tfw trying to fill out study guid for oral comm but cant find any fucks to give about communications bullshit
>tfw pretending everything is alright on the outside but secretly want to scream my lungs out in anxiety and stress on the inside
>tfw also barely sitting at a C in college algebra
Please End My Suffering
>>
>>35046582
I've always wanted to do Chemistry or some other "sciency" degree but fugg I know getting a job with it is damn near impossible unless you get a masters or even phd

feels bad man
>>
>>35046688
Would I have any problems getting into a program if my GPA was shit from a different university? I didn't realize my tanking until it was too late. I didn't drop the classes, I failed them, so my GPA is something like 1.5
>>
>>35046769
same boat here senpai
>>
>double major in non-stem fields
>sophomore
>as junior year approaches, feeling the heat of the real world increasing
>steadily worrying more and more about my future with each day
>completely at a loss
>decent grades (3.6 GPA) but dunno how that's supposed to help me
>no work experience - want a menial job in the summer but other than that feel vastly underqualified for internships and employment opportunities offered at school
>can only think of grad school and/or teaching abroad for the rest of my life
>not even sure how i'd pay for grad school
>think i should've just stuck with engineering instead
Are we really all gonna make it? I'm not convinced at this point in my life.
>>
>>35046582
What was your GPA?

I want to get a entry level desk/ office job. but just by looking at my resume I feel like it will most likely just get tossed in the trash and they won't accept me.
>>
>been nofriends for 2 years
>girl in my class had her legs cut off in a car accident 10 years ago
>it's below the knee so had prosthetics and can walk relatively normal
>we have been talking for 2 weeks now

I knew all those hours spent on Katawa Shojo would pay off some day
>>
>>35045352

go to that party
>>
I'M SICK OF BUSINESS SHIT

I WANT TO DO COMPUTER SHIT, WHAT DEGREE ISN'T A PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>get 2-3 hours of sleep
>wake up to alarm
>set alarm forward another 10 minutes
>repeat until its at the point where I need to scramble to get up and get my shit together as fast as possible to get to class on time
>get to class, cant pay attention or actually learn anything because im basically retarded when im sleep deprived
>leave last class
>eat 2200 calories of fast food in one sitting
>sit on computer doing basically nothing till 1am
>remember I have to do a fuck ton of homework/studying
>either flat out dont do any of it or just barely halfass it so I will get 50s instead of 0s
>even when I try I cant do half of it because im not actually functional in class so I dont learn anything
>finally get to sleep for 2-3 hours
>repeat
>>
>>35041800
This political compass meme is shit
>>
>>35046794
For Medical Lab Techs:

Yes unfortunately your GPA will hurt you unless it was just your freshman year but you will still have to prove yourself in community college. You'll also have to explain that GPA away with an excuse like it was your first year, you didn't know what you wanted to major, etc.

Also, some community colleges offer an associates level degree version of it. My coworker at the grocery store I worked at did that (He's 50 years old) but only started at $14/hour (~28k/yr). However, this was a medium sized city (Raleigh NC) so if you live in a rural area your CC might not have it. The University level degree starts closer to $18/hr (~36k/yr). Note: If you work 2nd shift you get $2 more an hour or 3rd shift you get $4 more than hour. The job itself isn't hard from what he told me.
>>
>>35046958
Pretty much me except I get 3-5 hrs of sleep. I'm still tired and depressed when I wake up though.
>>
>>35044331
Are you me?

Organic weed
>>
>graduated less than a year ago
>realize how shitty real life is

Cherish those do nothing college days boys, you won't know what you have till it's gone
>>
>2nd semester into college
>Already sick of school in general
>Sick of studying, tests, homework, classes, ect.
>Just want to work full time
>Jobs that require only a high school diploma are almost always complete trash and pay like shit
honestly don't think I can handle another 3 years of school, but at the same time I don't want to retailcuck the rest of my life
>>
>>35047020
lmao you sound like a bitch.

I got a job as a technician at age 19 with just a high school degree, and am now making $21/hr while going to college
>>
>>35047051
>bragging about 42k a year
lmao
>>
>>35047068
>actually sat there and calculated that
>implying the majority of these retailcucks and spergs make anything close to that

All it takes is to not being retarded at interviews and apply yourself. It's a comfy wage while I go to college to make 3 times that.
>>
>notice a girl that ends up in a lot of my classes
>she is a turbo goth, gothic dresses and makeup everyday
>never really talks to anyone
>apparently she noticed me too because we small talk a little about having been in classes before
>even had caught her doing things like playing a DS in between classes
>careful not to reveal power level though
>do a little recon online
>she has a long term boyfriend

Fucking JUST
>>
>>35045288
You are quite literally me, word for word.

If you're in a uni, just drop out right now and go to a CC. Dont bother wasting money while you're in a weak and vulnerable state like you are. Trust me, I was literally you last year where I tried to tough it out for 2 years before I realized I was getting nowhere.

Just switch to a CC and transfer back in or to another university. CCs are easier but still the same material you learn for undergrad. I failed calc 1 and first semester physics twice but passed them on my first try here in a CC - and the material was actually harder to do at the CC since my old university was not as in depth with the prereq courses. The smaller class sizes at a CC means you get more 1 on 1 time with professors and tutors which is good.

But most importantly, you have to find out what you want to do. College isnt for messing around, you want to have a general plan of what you're interested in working in.

And last but not least, dont give up on yourself or ever let anyone convince you that you're worthless or stupid. Hard work and perseverance can go a long way. Especially for Stem, you have to stick with it no matter how hard it gets

Good luck anon. Hopefully my words reach you
>>
>>35047087
fuck you maybe I just like doing math dickhead
>>
>be me starting uni
>trying to be talkative and seem at least somewhat extroverted since it's first week
>talk to girl - short (about 5'3), dyed platinum hair, piercings, tons of makeup, typical punk style
>says she's "intrigued by quiet people"
>over the next few weeks talk at uni, she willingly sits next to me
>turns out she lives near me (live at home)
>go home on bus together occasionally, i'm a splerg so ofc I end up spilling too much about my personal life
>towards the end of 1st semester realise she's a typical normie bitch type
>constantly compliments my clothes, always agrees with my opinion and never challenges or questions it, talks in the same fake way with everyone in the class
>she's friends with two asshole guys in my class who take pictures of people and mock everyone
>probably shit talks about me behind my back and only talks to me to get new info to mock
>can't avoid her as we travel on the same bus
What do? I just wanted to try to seem normal and it backfired on me
>>
>>35047088
>get a girl's number
>she wants to study together
>think foolishly she wants something more like me
>actually has a bf

>get another girl's number
>same exact scenario
>this time i was expecting it so i didn't develop any attachment like a retard
>still sucks nonetheless

Don't even attempt to get a girlfriend in college. They're all already taken.
>>
>>35041800

I've tried 3 times to do college. It's worse than high school.
>>
>>35047068
The average millennial makes barely 20k lmao. But i forgot everyone on /r9k/ has a PH.D and makes 500k starting
>>
>tfw current amount I owe on loans is $87k
>still not done with college

I think I fucked up somewhere
>>
>>35047051
What kind of technician? Senpai
>>
>>35047088
I'm literally in this exact situation. Fucking hell dude.
>>
https://discord.gg/qktyf
>>
>>35041800
>Psych Student at good uni
>Passing most classes with A's, occassional B's
>Despite this, rejected from every postgraduate application, still no job offers.

Feelsbadman what do i do guys?
>>
>>35047269
wew lad

degree?
>>
>>35047096
>If you're in a uni, just drop out right now and go to a CC
I would but my parents would use that as a reason to stop supporting me financially and then I would have to work to afford my schooling, but CC is not out of the question.
>you want to have a general plan of what you're interested in working in
I'm currently majoring in CS and know I want to stay within tech, that much I know.
Thanks for the advice anon, I'll think about it and try to figure things out.
>>
>started seriously studying this semester
>started answering professors' questions in lectures
>answered a professor's question today
>"Excellent answer as always, Mr.Anon"
>Professor stares at me as he continues

Feels good, man

Try not to let uni get you down, anons
>>
I can't fucking stand it anymore

I barely got a 3.0 last semester and I was so fucking proud before I realized it was babby mode. Now I'm in actual college level classes and I fucking suck, I'm at all C's and D's. My last test grade in Calculus was a fucking 27%.

I honestly just think I'm too fucking stupid for college. I'm doomed lads
>>
Im currently being investigated by the conduct board, as well as the police. Im kinda hoping i get expelled or suspended. If i do, i'm gonna blow all my money on travelling. Then maybe jump of a bridge.
>>
>>35047438
I don't study at all basically but I have surprised myself with how much I've participated in class and even was able to not be too nervous when speaking in front of a class. I'm nervous it won't continue as the semester goes on though.
>>
>>35046398
I'm going to college for art school also

>Is it worth it anons ?
>>
>>35047521
I know that feel.

Ride the wave for as long as you can, anon.
>>
>tfw 2 months left of this hell before I finally graduate with my worthless economics degree
>>
It's currently 2 in the morning and my roastie suitemates have been yelling and screaming in the shared bathroom for the past half hour. One of them got seriously drunk and the others are making her take a shower, apparently this can't be accomplished without all of them yelling at the same time. All of us have to be awake in 7 hours. I'm sick of all the fucking whores and niggers at this college and their loud shitty music and their screaming. Fuck this. Enough
>>
>>35046582
damn

that's the best you got at 31

I guess STEM is a meme
>>
>>35047611
holy fuck. this is exactly why dorms are no place for a robot. why are normies so annoying?
>>
>>35046933
computer engineering masterrace reporting..almost done with associates.
>>
>>35045494
>I was technically a NEET for 1 month
>1 month
>>
>>35047350
Studio art
>>
>Dorm mate keeps bitching that I let my boa constrictor roam the dorm

He ain't hurting nobody, and he needs his exercise
>>
>>35041800
Yes, that's right anon

Give up, let them get even further ahead of you
>>
>>35047611
I have to deal with the incessant screaming and lesbolike behavior from the roasties on my floor. Why can't they pretend to act like they have the maturity level of a 5 year old.
>>
>>35047376
Best bet is to just be upfront with your parents. Tell them that you are miserable and not doing well at your classes but also convince them that you do have a general plan when you go to a CC and that you're not going to be slacking off. Maybe they will give you a break and let you go to a CC for a couple semesters before transferring back.
>>
>CS
>literally every assignment i've had so far has had the code already finished online
>I end up just copy pasting everything because i'm too stupid to understand the concepts
>Have A in the class

I'm just setting myself up for failure, aren't I?
>>
>>35047163
Just act as you usually do around her but keep her distant from you.
>>
>>35047739
I kind of did this for one of my assignments. Felt like shit afterwards because the professor was impressed and gave me full marks for it being such simple and efficient code.
>>
>>35041800
>going to community college for winter
>doing good
>suddenly spring starts
>feel like shit
>not doing work
>feel bad about not doing work
>don't show up to class because I haven't done work

I've only missed one day and I've turned in absolutely nothing so far. I feel terrible especially since I feel like some students depend on me here.

I might skip class tomorrow and go to the school therapist.
>>
>been going at a community college for 4 years to obtain an associates degree
>I'm probably gonna need another year to completely finish.

Is this normal? I pass my courses, but I have a slow pace.
>>
>>35041800
Started college recently after being a shut-in neet for 2 years, absoloutly hate it, the classes are not that hard but the whole socializing thing is killing me. I'm on biochemistry btw.
>>
>>35047862
Didnt you talk to a counselor and came up with an academic schedule? Did you do like 3 classes a semester and didn't do summer courses?
>>
>>35046210
>Professor Messer
Thanks anon i think im gonna take this on the side while in college then.
Then drop out when I have enough certs and a job lined up.
>>
>>35047864
I'm struggling with the same thing anon. I worry more about having to talk to people than the coursework.
>>
>>35047862
I wrote an English paper about why students who take longer than 2 years for an AA.

You're not alone. Everyone I've met at my community college has been there for over 2 years.
>>
>>35047872
Although I do take winter/summer courses, I regularly take 2 per spring/fall.
>>
>>35047682
What the fuck college lets you have pets? Let alone a fucking snake?
>>
>>35047927
No wonder. Thats pretty low. I took a year off from work and became a full time student and took like 5 courses for fall, spring and summer each. After just 1 year in cc, Im a semester away from transferring.
>>
>was literally assigned a 250 word report on some speaker we had
>the catch is, the max is 250 words

Ok this is actually pretty hard
>>
>Finish test with spare time
>Tell a girl to the side "ez"
>Grades up, something like an A or A- in amerigrades

Feels good
>>
>never talk to anyone in class
>this particular class actually has pretty tough tests
>would be impossible without proper preparation
>cruise through it like I do everything else
>get an acceptable grade
>rest of class does absolutely horrendous aside from 1-2 people
>teacher decides to call attention to highest score
>it was me
>"so if you need advice be sure to ask anon since he knows what he is doing"
>now class of 30 people won't stop harassing me
>don't know what to tell them because I didn't do anything special besides regular studying

How she gonna go throw me under the bus like that? What'd I ever do to her?
>>
>>35048197
kek, she's getting lazy to do her job
>>
>>35041800
>I'm failing everything.
I was there from 2010 to 2012, bro.

>I have no interest in my major or any of the classes I'm taking right now.
I was unable to pull the homework out of my backpack to start working on it. We could say that is because I didn't have interest in my major, but I strongly believe that that is either an incomplete or flat out wrong diagnosis.

>If you guys did drop or fail, how has life been since you left school?
In 2012, I realized I didn't have a life goal, so I set one and came up with a plan to achieve it, which included college. I became an A student overnight.

>>35041897
>you weren't meant for it. really most people who go to college weren't either.
Not how I would phrase it. I would say that some people aren't ready for college when they get there, because they haven't thought about their life goals and whether college is necessary to achieve them.

>>35041917
I failed so many midterms due to alcohol binges, but I always came back strong for the final. I was always super stressed though, so please don't drink alcohol, people. It's poison, and I stopped a long time ago. Just smoke weed if you have to do something.

>>35044245
>Change majors to something you like
That's not the way to go. It's not about liking the major, but having a compelling use for it.

>>35044448
>I was just going to college because everyone told me it was the next step in life. Fuck following the steps blindly.
Perfectly said.

>>35045269
I don't know about school counselors, but I went to an actual therapist once, and it was a really fun and helpful experience. I totally recommend it.

>>35045428
>I want to go to the best engineering school possible
That's a waste of money. No matter where you go, you only get out what you put in. You only learn when you're studying outside of the classroom, and every college uses the same books.
>>
>>35041800
Hi guys please someone Photoshop a big black cock in her mouth on the top right picture
>>
>>35044857
How draining is it?
Considering between CS and IT
>>
>girl superlikes me on tinder
>now been together for a few weeks
>ex-mormon, music ed major, loves jazz, short hair, big ass but skinny
>pretty much my ideal girl
>only took her two days on tinder to find me
>she can literally replace me at any time
>she won't stick around for even a year probably
How do i get over this feel? Feels fucking bad.
>>
>>35047739
I'm kinda doing this right now... I mean I'm sure this is pretty common for those in CS.

If you're really that interested in CS, I suggest just sit there and think about how the code you stole works. Or write it yourself then when it doesn't work go find it online and compare.
>>
>be socially disfunctional russian tranny
>told by parents they'll desown me
>reached a compromise that they'll financially support me and let me transition so long as i get a higher education overseas
>too dysfunctional to go to class
>my life depends on it
this is the end, isn't it?
>>
i fucking hate computers & technology. is there any major i can do where i can still make money that doesnt involve these things. so no IT or CS
>>
>>35045129
Had a similar experience. In my final semester, I reached a point where I couldn't enjoy living unless I was doing homework. While it felt pretty good and I got a 3.9 that semester, the root cause of the situation was stress/anxiety, so what I recommend to you people is to manage your time better so that you always have time to relax and the ability to enjoy that relaxation.

>>35045355
Every paper is a story. Find out what the story is and tell it.

>>35045503
>they are all being scammed and that most college degrees are worthless these days
It's still easier to get a job if there's a BS on your resume, but I'll agree that it's a scam in the sense that a BS by itself isn't worth much. You need a portfolio and to study outside of class, either on your own or through an internship somewhere.

>>35046378
>Should I do it?
It depends. What is your endgame, and is that the best or good way to get there?

>milk the system
That's /pol/ talk, bro. The real world is progressive. We pay taxes so that you can suffer less, and we are glad to see our money being used for that.

>>35046818
GPA is nice, but it's not everything. A writing sample (like a cover letter) that is coherent, thoughtful, and features good grammar can easily make the GPA irrelevant.

>>35045715
If you're that poor, the federal government will like pay you to go to community college and then a state school. There's still time to do your FAFSA application. I believe they're due on March 1st or something.
>>
Still in uni (2nd year starting soon), but considered dropping out and offing myself. Not failing or anything (actually did well 1st year) but I hate it. My course has no future and I don't even have a side job. Life is pointless
>>
>>35041800
I'm in the same spot.
I stopped going to class roughly 2 weeks ago. I don't know why. Fell into a deep depression and just couldn't find a fuck to give.
I hate myself so god damn much.
I don't know why I do this. Class is not hard. The material is not difficult. As long as I take the time to actually do the work it's a fucking breeze. But I can't be like that. I can't be somebody who just goes to class and does the work and lives a functional life.
>>
File: 1475699707652.gif (1B, 486x500px)
1475699707652.gif
1B, 486x500px
>Don't attend cisco class because most of it is online materials so don't see the point in having to go to a classroom full of loud, obnoxious cunts that distract me
>Get an email telling me attendance to the class is compulsory
>also told if i don't attend i will be withdrawn from the module, thus failing the year since for some reason optional modules are needed to pass

I don't know how many times I almost decided to just leave and get a job but I know I'll regret it.
>>
I'm back from the student counselling. It wasn't very helpful because she said there's a 6 week waiting list so I won't get counselling this term. So even when I find the courage to go and actually seek therapy, I'm still left with suffering.

It felt amazing to talk about my issues with someone though. Although when she asked questions like "What changes do you hope to see at the end of your counselling?", it made me feel like my problems weren't direct enough for therapy. I think I just want to talk about myself and my struggles and have someone validate them.
>>
Why is it thst every robot id a STEM major?
>>
>>35049138
the arts and humanities don't attract robots because they're more social and liberal whereas robots are introverted and conservative
>>
>>35046958
>>35046996

why don't you just sleep more? You don't even have to put any effort to it, just sleep 6-8 hours. You probably have done it and you know its true that your body and mind works better. Turn off the computer and fucking sleep.
>>
>decide to try and be a normie when I go to uni
>go to uni
>meet girls who are quiet, shy and interesting
>go to predrinks before going out
>play never have I ever
>the """shy""" girl turns out to be a massive slag

literally EVERY fucking time

what is the fucking point
>>
>>35048489
>russian
>tranny
How did it go so horribly wrong?

Anyway
>1st semester
>get 40% on math exam
>in other words barely passed
>out of the 300 people that did the exam 2/3 failed
>electrical engineering exam will be the same if not worse
How bad is it?
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Final semester of uni is starting soon and have currently made no friends in my 3 years due to my social anxiety.

>mfw all my last units require group projects/interaction in order to pass
>>
>>35049321
>predrinks
literally what the fuck is this? I'm so out of touch with norman culture
>>
>>35049390
you get drunk before you go out in someones house so you save money on drinks in town

it's a brit thing
>>
>>35049324
Should have gone to a Uni that has selective entry and then has pretty much everyone pass

My course has lost less than 20% of students and I'm in my final year, pretty comfy
>>
>>35049136
Iktf, went to a councellor over the Christmas holidays

Feels a bit odd talking about your troubles if you've never done it before
>>
File: 1472257277814.png (1B, 486x500px)
1472257277814.png
1B, 486x500px
>go to art school in the city
>expect the hip bohemian life
>i kind of just smoke weed all day and paint
>haven't made any connections because i cant relate to any of my classmates
>they're all a bunch of Tumblr-eqsue folkwho annoy me to no end
>it's not totally bad, i like to dick around by myself in the city
>i've come to accept my lonliness, and even enjoy it
>i'm just kind of directionless at the moment
>>
>start trying to get /fit/
>college gym is always busy, regardless of the time
>power racks (8 of them) always always occupied by giant Chads squatting 4pl8 and weird groups of 4-5 Asians doing curls
>have to wait 30 minutes just to work out

Fuck this shit
>>
Freaking civilians I'd love to be in college right now.
>>
>>35045820
what?
please explain anon
this is very hard to understand,wtf even is an RA
>we need a longer greentext
>>
Reminder that everyone else is making friends, meeting girls and having sex and you aren't.
>>
>>35049324
if that math class is less than calc 2.prepare your anus.
>>
>>35049777
>nice triplets
are you me?
>>
>>35047517
Why what did you do?

ORIGINAL QUESTION
>>
>one class and my internship left to graduate
>couldn't find one in time for this semester so doing internship in summer
>had to drop class
>because not full-time loans were taken away and I was forced to pay more than 6k for one fucking class
>could have taken basket weaving or some shit to keep them but didn't know
>tfw will probably not find an internship for the summer because I fucking suck and have poor interviewing skills and LITERAL AUTISM

I'm going to fucking kill myself if I don't find one by the summer. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>35049887
Whats stopping you from going to college, anon?
>>
File: 5.png (1B, 486x500px)
5.png
1B, 486x500px
>>35049949
I don't need to be reminded of this
>>
>>35046113
Make sure she knows right away that you're romantically interested, don't try to "get to know her first" or any of that shit. I never believed it, but I got rejected last semester by a girl who said she was considering it, but she was unsure of whether we were just friends for the first date and so couldn't see me as a boyfriend.

Fuck this life.
>>
>>35041800
I'm not failing anything, on fact, I've gotten 4.0s every quarter since I started last year. But I'm finally slipping in advanced calculus, as my teacher is literally the scum of the earth.
>>
File: 1483896718984.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1483896718984.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>coursework worth 50% of the module due this week
>thought it was due Tuesday
>Monday night double check timetable to see what time it needed to be handed in by
>realise that it was actually due Monday at 4pm, it only looked like it was due Tuesday because it had been moved accross to a separate column because the deadline time was filled by a lecture
>automatic full grade reduction if handed in within 3 days

Fuck everything
>>
>>35041800
>more than half of my calc based physics class is failing
>I'm still pulling a 3.7
>still feel like shit because I've 4.0'd every class before this.
>>
Working retail is ok.

Having to practically beg for retail in the impossibly overcrowded unskilled labor market and pander to retarded supervisors to keep your job is worse than whatever you're going through right now though.

>>35045284
This guy has it right. I phoned in education because fuck it I'll just joint he Navy. Medically disqualifed. Utterly fucked.
>>
I'm being buried in work and I can't keep up with it so I'll likely fail. Right now I'm sitting here waiting for a test to start that I am completely unprepared for. I actually failed everything last year and had to take a semester off. Wish me luck robots
>>
Man I can't wait to give my dick of a professor a horrible review on Ratemyprofessors.com
>>
>>35050584
That'll sure show him
>>
>>35050584
Feels so good to do that, like I'm protecting other students from bullshit.

>took giant project class part 2 with bitch prof
>bitch prof wanted me to overhaul all my shit from part 1 despite recieving perfect grade
>would have to redo my entire project for no reason
>gave me horrible grade on my first draft assignment for bullshit reasons
>dropped course and scheduled with different professor
>has no problem with my material, loves my final project, A+

Nobody should have to deal with a professor that deliberately makes shit worse for NO REASON. There are department guidelines for how each class should be taught, fucking stick to them
>>
>>35050001
To be fair I kinda fucked up, because the EE exam was a lot harder so I studied only for it. Then I learned half a semester of math in 2 days and the only reason my grade is so low is because I didn't have time to exercise and didn't have enough time on the exam.
>>
>>35047661
rest in peace.
origami
>>
>>35047611
>>35047703
Buy earplugs. Best discovery I ever made, essential for any kind of communal living. Even use them when I'm at home now when I'm operating on a different schedule to my family (read: neethood)
>>
File: 7b0.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
7b0.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>Stat test yesterday
>30%
>>
File: 1469059539972.png (130KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1469059539972.png
130KB, 500x637px
Im about to start, i have no idea what its going to be like. I went to an orientation yesterday and all i could think was how flithy being a normie is, But being a normie is the only way you get somewhere in life. Anyone got any advice for me? I was thinking just ride it out as the loner cause i cant make friends.
>>
>>35051789
study

do your homework

pay attention

go to every class unless you physically cannot

pick a major that will get you a job (med, engineering, accounting, teaching (gl w/ no $) ect.)

going beyond a bachelors is useless unless you're wanting to be a doctor, scientist, lawyer (bad idea), or teach college.
>>
>>35051838
Thanks anon. Ive chosen IT as what im going to be studying, major in networking. I should probably mention im an ausfag so some of what you said might not apply idk.
>>
File: 1483960313722.gif (335KB, 666x386px) Image search: [Google]
1483960313722.gif
335KB, 666x386px
> made 2 new friends this week
> got told I'm smart
feels comfy desu
>>
>go to community college and do IT
>Everyone misses classes and assignments
>Showing up to class once a week becomes the norm
>Everyone is failing the course so no one tries

Not even sure if this is good for me, on one hand I'm failing miserably but on the other hand I don't stand out.
>>
>>35051884
what uni bruz?
>>
>>35052023
If everyone jumped off the bridge would you do it too?

Just kidding, but you should really try and show up every day anon. It's ALWAYS good to positively stand out in the class
>>
>>35052082
Swinburne, why do you ask?
>>
>>35052130
did IT in WA, also all that shit about going to every class and being super organised, dont stress man, uni is fun as fuck
>>
>>35052162
I hope so, but im awkward as fuck. What was it like?
>>
>>35052186
if you put yourself in situations that force conversation or meeting new people it will be great for you, even if you fail a few times. I was pretty awkward and moved from home to a new city at 17 and found it pretty easy to make friends, especially in the first couple weeks. my general rule is that you should never ever skip week 1 lectures/workshops, its when most people feel the same and are keen to make friends.

also if youre staying at a college or uni accom, make the effort and go to every event. And join clubs at uni, most of the time theyre just mixers and excuses to make friends.
>>
>>35052274
Thanks man ill try what you've told me, sadly im not staying in uni accoms cause im broke so that second stuff doesnt apply but everything helps anyway.
>>
>>35052359
yeah then your best bet to make friends is to join clubs and make an effort in class. just sit next to someone and say hey, it usually works. good luck dude i miss the fuck out of uni
>>
>>35052425
God man the way you are making it sound is pretty cool, i really hope i have a good experience at uni cause my head is not in the right place at the moment. Thanks man means alot
>>
>"time to do some work!"
>open up internet browser
>4chan is on my browser homepage
>may as well click on it
>waste 30 minutes without even realizing it

Fuck. Tips to stay focused without drugs?
>>
File: 1487511884591.jpg (52KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1487511884591.jpg
52KB, 600x338px
>>35041800
>Go to an interview
>Wait amongst a crowd of people
>They start joking about 4chan and other media outlets used for publishing art
>I politely say that I post some of my art on 4chan
>"I was joking, dude."
Did I just tarnish my reputation in Uni before it even started?
>>
File: 1451773919767.png (527KB, 732x426px) Image search: [Google]
1451773919767.png
527KB, 732x426px
I've gotten anxiety about coming into class unprepared and now I have two courses where I've lost a huge chunk of my grade due to this.

I keep telling myself that I'll cram a few chapters and come back ready, but it never fucking happens. The worst part is that this happened a year ago and my parents swore to throw me out if it happened again.

I'm just going to have to knuckle down and work my ass off for a few D's now. Get me off of this fucking ride.
>>
>>35047739
you honestly are. especially if it's your major. if you're trying to get a job in CS after school don't you think it'd be smart to actually learn how to code?
>>
>>35052541
Well, say that you weren't joking. Don't be a pussy.
>>
File: 1487389711667_1_.jpg (83KB, 444x561px)
1487389711667_1_.jpg
83KB, 444x561px
>all these robots skipping classes
How do you people keep recovering from it?
>>
>>35045503
I'd really want to be taught by such a professor.
>>
>>35053379
I never recover but I do it anyways. If I had my life together and attended every lecture like the perfect student then I wouldn't be in the /unifeels/ thread of r9k on 4chan.org now would I?
>>
>>35041950
I'm about to start my career and I'm destined to have a successful life.

So basically, I'm the guy you want to be and I'm here to tell you, anyone who has kids at 23 has fucked themselves.

You need to AT LEAST enjoy 22-27 as an unattached man with a shitload of income who can travel around the world on your company's vacation days and work towards his dreams and passion.

Do not get married till at least 25.

When you have kids and are married you are shackled with even greater chains than when you had to depend on mommy for $5 to buy chocolate milk

You do not have kids when you are ready to become an afdult, you have kids when you are done burning the portrait of your soul into the generation and are ready to pass on the knowledge, wisdom and failings of your efforts into a new generation
>>
File: 1407722942133.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1407722942133.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>tfw your raw score of 66% gets curved to a B
>>
I dropped out of high school

or
>>
why shouldn't i just become a high school english teacher?
>>
>>35045695
was he an Indian by any chance??
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.