[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cope with being a failure

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: psyko.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
psyko.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
How do you cope with seeing other successful people? I am 23 years have a good high school degree and could have gone to quite a few good universities. And the worst is that university is free in my country. You all have an excuse.

So I sit here thinking about all my friends who got master degrees etc. And I envy them even though I wouldn't like to live their life's. Always being stressed, having to work hard etc.

I really don't know what I should do. I think I would do something right now but I have no idea what I should study. No job or degree really interests me, it is really unfair.

How do I cope with being a failure? Or how do I find something that interests me to study?
>>
>>35037506
You'll never find the perfect career that is fun, makes a ton of money and never feels like work

Just do something you don't hate and stick with it

You feel ok doing nothing now as everyone else isn't really moving ahead much. Once they get jobs, start getting promoted, buy cars and a house, get married and have kids etc you will feel miserable and left behind

Fix it now or you will certainly regret not doing anything later
>>
>>35038205

Even then, it's not like most people really become that successful. Most people work years in what amounts to an entry level job without getting promoted.
>>
>>35037506
If it's free can't you just start going next semester /year?
>>
>>35038318
Entry level degree job making $20 an hour in an office is much better than scraping by in a $8 an hour burger flipping job. You'll have a changing schedule and be 37 fighting with 18 year olds for hours.
>>
>>35038318
Most people with a masters will do better than average.

They should at least make enough to have a family and a car, retire at some point and buy and oldtimer and maybe a holiday home

Getting rich is much more difficult of course, and maybe you can't see yourself doing that

But normal is better than being alone at 30+ and being so far behind you'll never catch up
>>
I'm studying accounting and it takes everything in me to motivate myself to get out of bed in the morning. I make good grades but I can't imagine doing it the rest of my life.
>>
find something else to take my mind off of it. you shouldn't compare your life to someone else life.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.