[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with autism in the workplace

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: crying face 4.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
crying face 4.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
>Work as graphic design apprentice
>Have to contact client to discuss intended design
>I will have to engage in open conversation over the phone with a complete stranger

A-any advice lads?. How do I into conversation?
>>
>>35033733
>How do I into conversation?
Just keep it strictly about the job. Start it whenever you have any ideas or do you like initial sketch and follow it from there. Dont overthink simple things.
>>
You're not supposed to have a conversation, you're supposed to accomplish a task. Your task is to discuss the intended design, so only say things that pertain to that.
>>
>>35033733
You can never go wrong with hows your day and any plans for the weekend. Once you get through the formalities, make it all business talk. Theme, design, nudity. Shit like that.
>>
>>35033733
jes bee urself anon
>>
>>35033733
Why ask us!?
Origamisalami
>>
>>35033798
If a contractor called me and started asking about my weekend I would be VERY put off. You are as autistic as OP.

*ring ring*
>Hello?
>Hi this is Anon from XYZ Design. Do you have any plan for the weekend?

Fucking dolt

>>35033733
Say hello, introduce yourself with just name and why you are calling. Then get down to business. At the end thank him for his time and say goodbye/have a nice day. Thats it. Dont try to make conversation hes a client not a friend.
>>
>>35033733
Conversation is easy when you have a "Purpose". Jot some notes down like...

1. What's the Site for?
2. Are most of your users mobile or desktop?
3. Color schemes?

If you dont have an answer, ask. If he asks you something and you don't know the answer, tell him "Let me try and find out" - or think critically
>>
>>35033798
It's good to be nice to people, but that is being way too forward. At most you'd say something like "how are you today" and then get down to business, but even that is too much. You have to keep in mind that it's a business call and not a personal one, so personal business should stay out of it.
>>
>you have a reason to have contact
>you have a topic to have contact
>you can blather on the design you made
>the other party will be the one giving you input

what's the problem. this is easy mode. get out.
>>
File: boggie.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
boggie.gif
1MB, 276x260px
Update. Just had an email back, there coming over tomorrow to discuss details in person.

Its a woman
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.