[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is joining the military a good option for robots? Im going to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

File: e7f.jpg (137KB, 506x552px) Image search: [Google]
e7f.jpg
137KB, 506x552px
Is joining the military a good option for robots? Im going to join the marine crops soon and wondering if that will help my lazy piece of shit ways.
Have any of you thought about joining the military?
Are any of you in/served in the military? If so which branch? And how much of a robot were you before you joined?
I'm hoping this will make me an alpha..
>>
It is fine for a robot but apparently can be real boring. I might join the army next year.
>>
>>35033669
Well with all of who is in charge of the military and defense right now it should be very interesting right?
>>
File: 1486756886121.jpg (94KB, 600x421px) Image search: [Google]
1486756886121.jpg
94KB, 600x421px
>can't decide if I should go full trap or enlist in the army
>>
>>35033608
I'm in the infantry. It completely ripped the robot out of me

Go for it man, I don't regret a thing.
>>
>>35033608
I'd only join the military just so that I could get killed Plus I wouldn't make it 5 minutes into boot camp. As for what branch whatever one would be most likely to get me killed.
>>
File: degenerateworld.jpg (134KB, 947x960px) Image search: [Google]
degenerateworld.jpg
134KB, 947x960px
>>35033702
this is current year imageboard posting
>>
File: 1486997461982.jpg (49KB, 690x579px) Image search: [Google]
1486997461982.jpg
49KB, 690x579px
I wish it wasnt a 4 yr commitment
About to finish Uni and I still feel like I havent developed since being 16
Feel like it'd probably be good for me, but I dont want to spend the entirety of my 20s wageslaving/studying, but I can hardly join the military afterwards
>>
>>35033702
Youre going to end up killing yourself either way, so I don't see the difference.
>>
I enlisted a few years ago and honestly it fucking sucks.
>>
>>35033983
You can do a 3 yr contract.
>>
>>35034360
Bit better I suppose
>>
>>35033608
Do whatever you want anon, just know that once you sign that paper you cage from person to property and disobedience isnt an option
Keep that in mind if you decide to go through with it
Best of luck
>>
File: download.png (9KB, 186x160px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 186x160px
I'm UK Army and its the worst thing I've ever done, I'm not salty its shit ask any serving member its terrible
>>
>>35034550
what's it like and why do you hate it?
>>
>>35034550

Did you wanted to join because you wanted to or because you had no other choice?
>>
>>35034578
Training was great everyday learning something;

How to attack positions; Firing different weapons; Phys everyday actually enjoyable,

Get to regt and its a totally different story, its dull, there's no motivation in anyone unless you want to promote so people fuck each other over, there's literally no benefit to stay in anymore there's no perks

>>35034622
I wanted to, I've wanted to join since I was 15. 22 now been in 2 years and already want to sign off have to wait till my 3 year point do my 7 clicks then have a year left after that
>>
>>35034622
Thats why im joining. Plus America you get schooling after you are done serving, and a whole lot of other benifits.
>>
>>35034721

You should join FFL.
>>
Joined the army, became more focused and assertive. Dont regret it for a second. Do it anon
>>
>>35034763
A year ago I would of been up to it, the only regt still deploying. I'm far past that physical prowess
Used to run 20 mile a week and go to the gym twice a day 6 days a week now I just do phys in work 4 times a week
>>
File: 1482016561412.jpg (37KB, 540x595px) Image search: [Google]
1482016561412.jpg
37KB, 540x595px
There's a lot of gawky dork types in the military, so it can be easy to just stay how you are now with more money and pain in the ass work/deployment obligations. The military isn't really the alpha male machine a lot of people think it is, it mostly amplifies whatever you bring to it. A meek robot type is much more likely to be chewed up in the first couple weeks of training for the "alpha male" jobs and get scuttled off to something shitty like MP for the next four years. I wouldn't count on the military to make a man out of you, it pretty much always comes down to what you're putting into it anyway, and most people here wouldn't get more out of it than they would get with any job with some mandatory social interaction.
>>
Is there any dickgirls in the military?
>>
>>35035448
Me once enlistment opens up for us later this year
>>
>>35035470
Join the marine corps and tell us your rape stories
>>
>>35033983
Or go reserves. Only have to work on base a week out of the monthe i belive. Doesn't pay as well or provide the same benifits. But you have a chance to deploy and kill some north korean commies or dune people
>>
>>35033746
i was thinking infantry as well. did you train before you joined?
>>
>>35033746
Do you have any stories to tell?
>>
>>35034042
originally, whys that?
>>
Britbong milifag here.

Worked out great for me.
I just do my job then play video games and watch anime.

Got me pretty /fit/ also
>>
Is the phisical aspect of the marines unbearable for someone who is very unfit before joining?
>>
>>35033608
I would join but the Irish army is a fucking meme and it's full of gypsies
>>
>>35036699
>phisical

please get yourself blown up by an ied pedro
>>
>>35034023
Got 'em, holy shit.
>>
>>35033608
If you live a robot lifestyle, joining the military (assuming you get in) will be a massive shock. Adjusting to the lifestyle will be agonizing, but once you adjust it should improve you somewhat.

It also depends what branch you join and either as a commisioned or non commisioned member. A non-comissioned army grunt is going to eat absolute shit for his entire career (until reaching a certain rank at least), while comissioned airforce members have it pretty well off.

Comissioned>Noncomissioned
and
Airforce>Navy>>>>powergap>>>>Army

I have been in the RCAF for 9 years as a non comissioned member and I am currently in school getting my degree for a comission.
>>
attempted legionnaire 3 times, never got past 1 week.
>>
>>35036792
That's why you join the British Army instead.
>>
>>35036981
greentext stories pls
>>
>>35036699
If you are very unfit you won't get in. They have physical standards to join I assume.

If you just barely meet those standards you are probably going to have a rough time.
>>
>>35033608
marine corps is the worst for a robot. It is LITERALLY chad-thundercocks and nothing else.
Go airforce if you're smart, army if you're not. there's a lot of room for advancement in army if you are good at what you do.
>>
>>35033608
>Is joining the military a good option for robots?

Join the Syrian Defense Forces. Fight Islamic State.

Die or become a hero.
>>
>>35033746
>It completely ripped the robot out of me
elaborate
>>
Thinking about applying for armed forces but do I have to shave my head and do I get to keep my uniform after.
>>
I'm a huge weeb and introvert and I'm going to join army infantry for a three year contract.
I'm pretty fit, too.

Will it make me a completely different person or just teach me to not be a pussy?
>>
>>35037326
If you're joining the British Army then you'll basically be the same but fitter.

Training is just filled with people trying to wave their dicks around but after that people stop giving a fuck what you're like provided you do your job.
>>
>>35037355
I'm joining the french army (not FFL, the regular army), I'm assuming it's not that different.
That's good to know. I don't really want to have to put up a facade or change my personality to fit in.
>>
>>35033608
I joined as a robot and failed OSUT horribly. If your weak or lazy don't bother.
>>
File: content.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
content.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>35033608
why don't you become a designated hitman or driver?
>>
File: 53142332_p0.png (1010KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
53142332_p0.png
1010KB, 1000x708px
>>35033702
It's okay, subhumans can enlist in the army so just do both!
>>
>>35037395
Its a good job but don't think training is anything like life in the Army. I enjoyed my training but some lads hated it with a passion.
I was, and still am, a massive fucking weeb faggot and everyone took the piss out of me for it, but I was also really fucking good during my training so people never crossed the line between piss-taking and bullying.
People only really care if you're shit. I would happily watch anime during our downtime and no one cared.

But yeah, get ready for loads of dick waving the first few weeks, nearly everyone wanted to get a reputation as the hard-as-nails recruit.
>>
It can be a great option for a lot of directionless NEETs. My main advice would be to workout and train for around 6 months before going to basic training. If you're going to basic just barely meeting physical requirements it'll be a real struggle. If you're already fit PT will be a breeze.
>>
>>35037529
How much time did you train before enlisting?
Were you infantry?
>>
File: 1478199739286.jpg (36KB, 837x734px) Image search: [Google]
1478199739286.jpg
36KB, 837x734px
>>35037019
B-but they will bully me with their cunty English banter
>>
>>35037663
Nah I'm not Infantry.
I trained for a year and was one of the fittest in my section. The Army isn't expecting you to be very fit to be honest with you. That's the point in training.
Yeah you need a very basic level of fitness to start with but ignore anyone saying you need months and months of training (that would only be the case for certain roles like Paras or commandos).
Training is easy and fun if you keep a good attitude and pack a sense of humor. If you go into it thinking it will be hard or horrible then you'll hate it. They can't kill you and a beasting can't last forever.

Also ignore all horror stories, they're all bullshit.
>>
>>35037769
Sounds better than I expected. Thanks m8.
>>
>>35033702
literally why is that even a question?

trap:
>NEVER accepted as a female by vast majority
>eats up lots of time and money for that hopeless cause

military:
>get /fit/, chad body
>many women want your d
>some gubment bux
>more respect from normies

military is literally the fastest way to become chad if you do your time and live
>>
File: 24312341687.jpg (59KB, 418x344px) Image search: [Google]
24312341687.jpg
59KB, 418x344px
>>35033608
Army, not really a robot just no sense of direction of purpose

That being said, you get what you put into it. having a competitive/hard work ethic and being able to laugh at yourself will get you more friends then being quiet and edgey

in short, don't shy away from hard work and the stress that comes along with it. embrace the suck.
>>
>>35037864
>military makes you fit

In 2 years I have yet to do any PT that is actually worthwhile beyond rucking and running (and I am in an airborne unit). The extent of the military getting you /fit/ is just that you get access to a free gym. Don't fall for this meme.
>>
>>35038115
>in an airborne unit
Well there's your problem
>>
>>35038115
You get fit if you're in a combat role though
Can't afford to have actual fighters be fat fucks
>>
>>35033608
>joined marine corps
>broke both my legs
>VA won't pay for it
Yeah OP it'll make you a real man! You'll feel real mocho when you get yelled at a lot and belittled because they know you're a misguided beta and then if you're lucky you'll get written down in some history book for being sawed in half by enemy MG fire.
>>
>>35038822
You get fit if you're ranger or SOF, and that is only because you have to be in the first place. Generic 11bangbangs are the same fodder as anyone else. The army isn't gonna make you fit, only you can do that.
>>
>>35039153
what if you're navy seal?
>>
>>35039579
I mean yeah, same deal. If you try to go to buds without already being fit you'll join several other starry eyed sailors in the needs of the navy.
>>
>want to join the SAS
>have the time to get /fit/ and get better endurance
Should i go for it?
>>
>>35039767
being a sailor actually sounds pretty fine to me

I have never truly felt at home anywhere

>>35039945
I heard the selection process is brutal af
>>
>>35039974
>I heard the selection process is brutal af
Yeah, rigth now i couldnt make it (physically and mentally) but i may actually try for it in the future, if i dont get in i'll see what else i can do
>>
That's right anon. Fight those proxy wars in Syria so that a pipeline can be built. Go and fight for your Israeli overlords. Don't die for your country's freedom. Fight for that delicious black gold that you are trying to steal from good people.

Oh, what's that? Iraq and Libya want a change from the petrodollar that will benefit Russia but not the US? You must go in and attack Saddam! He's a very bad man despite his people having been very happy in his 20 years.

Yeah. Fuck that gay shit.
>>
>>35037124
Yeah I can certify that this shit is true
>>
>>35040064
>caring about why you fight
What a faggot
You get paid to shoot guns and get fit, that's all there is to it
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.