[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you guys play video games for so long? I see

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

How the fuck do you guys play video games for so long? I see people with over 2k hours in a single while I'm sitting here and getting bored after 30 minutes.

I just want to fucking escape and my stupid brain can't even do that.
>>
>>35030231
I don't fucking know, I have 2.5k hours in csgo only because I play it with my steam friends everyday.
I'm not even good at it, I don't even have fun, but it's the only thing I do
>>
>>35030231
git gud.

No, seriously, those people actually want to become experts at that videogame. These people are truly losers. It's better that you are not so broken you can do literally nothing for two thousand hours.
>>
Used to be the same. Could play a lot of games for hours. Had a few thousand on TF2, probably more on Halo 3, SC2, DOTA2, etc.

Now I own every console and every game that people say is entertaining bores the shit out of me. Like I just bought a PS4 with Bloodborne and stopped playing after the first boss because it's just another souls rehash.
>>
Nowadays I just buy video games for the pleasure of buying them. Once I own them I don't touch them.
>>
>>35030231
It depends over what time period. I have a huge amount of hours clocked on Mount and Blade but that's been around for 10 years.
>>
>>35030401
same.
would play more games but everyone seems to wanna be a cookie-cutter 'robot' and play casual FPS/MOBA shit.

i have online friends but they just stay on a list.
>>
>>35030267
Just FYI, 2.5k hours is the equivalent of working 9.5 hours, 5 days a week for a year. Even at minimum wage that is about 14k after taxes. You've effectively spent tens of thousands of dollars in lost time doing something that you aren't good and and isn't fun? Why not just get a fucking job? They aren't fun but you at least get rewarded.
>>
>>35030231
>video games for so ling

I used to be able to do it, now I can't. It has lost all entertainment value. I think there comes a point when you realise you're putting all your hours into something that will get you nowhere. Its no different to drug addiction or alcoholism; its just a form of escapism that doesn't really have any value.
>>
>>35030527
> isn't fun

It might be for them anon. I don't like alcohol but I don't judge those who take pleasure in it. Some of those 2.5kers might be streamers (TM) but otherwise yes, that's a serious amount of time that could have been spent in self-development.
>>
>>35030526
Last time I checked I'm not going to pick up a job at 1am which is when I spend my time playing games. All third shift jobs are usually physically demanding. Not to mention the pure timing with my classes. That being said I'm a completely different robot but I don't play csgo to have fun. I didn't play g mod for fun either. I ran a server group and took money from Lil kids
>>
>>35030231
I can play Grand Strategy games like Total War and Civilization and Stellaris for literally 12 hours straight. I've accidentally went entire nights without sleeping and eating because of those games.

Any other genre I can't stand to play for more than an hour or two without breaks, though
>>
I probably have several thousand on the tf2 demake ganggarrison2, still play it.

Anyone still play it?
>>
>>35030619
>no Europa Universalis, CK or Victoria
Wat r u casul
>>
>>35030231
I play in short bursts, I can't play for hours like I used to. I usually play for about an hour/hour and a half.
also my computer is shit so I actually have to give it time to cool down.
>>
>>35031617
I've tried to get into all of those and that experience is what made me realize I'm retarded. Didn't get it at all, didn't see much sense in trying to when I already had so much fun with the simpler titles which didn't feel like I was back in college studying shit
>>
>>35032174
EU4 is easy as fuck. Just start as Ottomans or Spain, set diffuculty as Low and slowly learn the basics. Crusader Kings 2 is fun as hell. Intrigues, plots, rping. Victoria 2 is really hard tho.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.