[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your advance post is attacked by a mass of elephants supported

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2782.jpg (118KB, 767x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2782.jpg
118KB, 767x347px
Your advance post is attacked by a mass of elephants supported by horse archers and skirmishers, how do you drive back this savage attack without resorting to Cobra cars?
>>
>>35028475
I withdraw, waiting for the elephants to get tired, then surround and slaughter them when they are sleeping
>>
monks with a few rams to shield
>>
It's simple, I use the "go back to >>>/b/" strategy >>35028475
>>
>pikeman spam
Solves everythang.
>>
Fuck you, I spam bigdaddy.
>>
>Ballista Elephant Mass

How am I supposed to beat these fucking things?
>>
>>35028505

>pikes vs horse archers

lolwut
>>
>>35028505
Skirmishers actually have the same bonus vs pikes that they do vs archers, you need something to take them out so your pikes can take the elephants down.

>>35028475
Best possible composition here is halbs/siege onagers. SOs kill the ranged units, halbs kill the elephants.
>>
>>35028500
>he's too much of a normie to enjoy the comfiest game ever conceived

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>35028517
Don't allow them to mass.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but it's the best answer there is.

Failing that, both bombards and onagers get a bonus attack against them because they count as siege equipment.
>>
>>35028535

>no rams

they have mental pierce armor and so can literally take thousand arrows. you just have a few plebbing around at the front and his guys will get stuck attacking them

he's forced to either slowly kill the rams or manually focus fire your guys, which is extremely inefficient

monks vs elephants with a few of your own skirmishers
>>
File: IMG_2783.jpg (92KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2783.jpg
92KB, 600x536px
>He doesn't go on a quick blitzkrieg with Huskarls before enemy civ's can even advance to the Imperial Age
>>
>>35028475
Attack his eco because elephants are super expensive and he can never keep that up, proceed to kil his army with trash units
>>
>>35028573
Monks are nice but the gold should be going to siege first and foremost. You're right about rams but they're not a necessity.

Did you know arbs actually kill skirms faster than other skirms? The pierce armour on the skirms basically neutralises their own bonuses, and arbs fire a whole lot faster to boot. It's not cost efficient, but if you need to kill a pack of skirms asap, they're the best choice outside of the obvious hard counters of siege/cav.
>>
I'm a necromancer so I have the bones of my enemies scattered around my fortress. I would impale the elephants with spears of bone then bring them back to life to my sidr
>>
Probably would get some Paladins/pikeman.
>>
>>35028658

i dunno i'm too bad at micromanaging to play anything outside of CB and rpg maps

i just watch youtube videos of actual games to relive my childhood
>>
I remember the first time I faced those fucking elephants in an online match. Those fucking elephants are the ONLY problem that can't be solved with a constant stream of 200 samurais.
>>
Hundreds of mice.
>>
File: SMURI.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
SMURI.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
*teleports behind you*

*slices the entire hoard of elephants in half using only one single powerful slice with my katana folded a billion times by several generations of master blacksmiths*
>>
Never understood what they were thinking when AoE2 elephants didn't have a mahout on em
>>
An army of janissaries and bombard cannons can take down any other army in the game.

Which is why Turks are the strongest lategame faction.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.