[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

INTERNET FORUMS

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1486408413610.jpg (42KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
1486408413610.jpg
42KB, 400x680px
What internet forums were you a part of?
Did you have thousands of posts?
Did you have an EPIC signature?
Did you have forum friends?
Have chans/reddit killed internet forums forever?
>>
>>35024788
I used to use TOTSE forums back before it closed. I had but 10k post. Meme were dank there too.
RIP &T
>>
>>35024788

I feel this is mostly an oldfag thing. By 2009, social media sites like Facebook and reddit were starting dominate. I can't be assed to find it, but people are visiting less sites now than 10 years ago. Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, and a handful of other sites dominate.
I was a part of several Final Fantasy forums in the early 00s. Most notably, Square Ultima Forum. I made a few friends there, some whom I eventually hung out with in real life. I was somewhat popular on there, mostly for acting like an edgelord.
>>
Skyscrapercity is all. Used to post on bungie.net and neoseeker
>>
File: 1261005892007.jpg (66KB, 458x459px) Image search: [Google]
1261005892007.jpg
66KB, 458x459px
>>35024788
Nice dubs.

I was part of almost countless forums, from things like clan forums for computer games to nerd shit like WWII discussion boards (this is one of the few hits that comes up if someone googles my username).

Every new Half-Life or BF1942 mod brought a new community I'd at least try to participate in. I got mod privileges on a few of them, and still do on at least one.

Always had thousands of posts, as it was just something I'd always do, even if it was just talking shit in the off-topic section. A lot of it was edgy as shit and I regret it, but whatever, at least it isn't like with YouTube where other people can really see it or appreciate the shittiness of it.

I always had the grandest signature photos with the best quotes.

Usually made friends with a few people over time.

I think modern internet usage has strayed away from most message boards. Most big ones still exist, and especially when dealing with specific hobbies or interests, generally the forums are still quite popular and thriving to this day, especially with older members that may not know how to use newer websites.

Good example:

When I bought my last truck, I joined not only the general forum site for the make and model, but the local one as well. While it's true that my city is one of the largest in America, the trucks themselves are getting rare. Regardless, they had several hundred members, with even more in surrounding areas.

In general, though, I think more people on the whole are accessing the internet more often, but the amount of websites they visit is fewer.

I miss the early-mid 2000s. Honestly the best time I had online even though my internet was crap, my computer was crap and I didn't know shit.
>>
File: GethTrooper - Copy.jpg (4KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
GethTrooper - Copy.jpg
4KB, 90x90px
>>35024788
AVPNews/GameGossip way back in the day.

Posted a lot, but not one of the most popular posters at all. I kept in touch with a bunch of people there for a long time but gradually lost contact with them.

I was a prolific poster on the Bioware Forums/BSN on the Mass Effect boards too, years ago.

I do not miss forums. I find them oppressive environments nowadays. Only a place like 4chan will tolerate me.
>>
>>35024788
>What internet forums were you a part of?

basil market
it was a forum for maple story that my brother found, I don't know how
>>
various game forums. the forums were comfy as fuck in the late 90s/early 00s
>>
File: sniggers.jpg (126KB, 700x838px) Image search: [Google]
sniggers.jpg
126KB, 700x838px
>Stileproject forum
I used to like the edgy front page when I was a kid. This is where I found weird media before /b/ existed. I had some fun threads with people on there but the website went under a few years ago.

>SR20 forum
Technical forum dedicated to cars with the sr20 engine. I miss people telling newbs to search and never spoonfeeding. Most of us moved on to faster cars. It's mostly poor Mexicans on there now.

>BE-Mag messageboard
Fruitbooters talking about fruitbooting. I grew out of the sport and community once I hit my twenties. Checked it out recently and still a lot of people posting on there from when I was a kid in the late 90's / early 00's. They all seem like the failures that always reminisce about their highschool days.
>>
just my gamefaqs account from like 2001 if you don't count newgrounds
>>
does gaia count
i had many epic internet bfs there
>>
narutofan.com was pretty fun back in the 2006-2008 days. I was a very prominent member there.
>>
File: km.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
km.png
34KB, 633x758px
First forums were the IMDB forums back in 2006. each movie had their own little communities which was cool. I think The Dark Knight IMDB forum was the biggest and most active until the forums got shut down a few days ago. I will forever miss watching a movie and then going to IMDB to see discussion about it. Fuck you amazon

Misc. Bodybuilding forums in 2008, was an active member until my recent depression.

Various gaming/clan forums I've been a part of since 2007

Was also member of grasscity during my DUDE WEED LMAO days

its interesting how much time we've put into forming internet communities and how every conversation, every connection, every forum meme, every feud and drama, will eventually be lost to time, like tears, in rain. the only trace being the random archived web page showing the snapshot of a once thriving community.
>>
>>35025380
I AM OZYMANDIAS TROLL OF TROLLS
LOOK UPON MY SHITPOSTS YE NAMEFAGS AND TREMBLE

(I'm old, I remember the first message board I posted a lot to was rec.gambling.poker)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.