[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I learn to stop procrastinating?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1481783102770.gif (1019KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1481783102770.gif
1019KB, 500x373px
how do I learn to stop procrastinating?
>>
>>35023257
I'll find out for you later.
>>
get off 4chan dingus
>>
3 words: Turn off computer
>>
>>35023296
>>35023302
I can't

this place is my lifeline
>>
make threads on 4chan
>>
>>35023257
you poor fool. you actually think consciousness is real and that you're in control of yourself. your brain is a machine; if it's not working properly you need to find out how it works and fix it.

so to answer your question, learn about neurotransmitters. learn about how discpline and behavioral therapy affects the brain on a physiological level. understand that diet and exercise are REQUIRED for certain people who are susceptible to procrastination / depression / etc. (hint, it has to do with neurotransmitters).

learn about distractions and the optimal environment to work in. and lastly, learn how to combine all of these factors at once. understand that you need to get used to the idea of working, and it doesnt feel good, but with these measures, it can become bearable. it's an eternal struggle. set a schedule, start disciplining yourself.
>>
>>35023257
>give a shit
>>
>>35023309
Well, is up to you, you asked us for advice, are you gonna do what we say or do you want to keep being a little pussy?
>>
>>35023340
>OP: O-ok i'm gonna do it
>Three seconds later he's distracted watching kitten videos.
Great advice faggot, i really hope that was shitpost, but i know it was a serious comment because of the length of your dumb post.
>>
>>35023475
what the fuck are you even tlaking about you monkey
>>
>>35023257
Schedule yourself or adopt a routine that works for you. I am a huge procrastinator, but I have no trouble getting things done.

Keep a planner, and write down the things that you must do in order to avoid neglecting your responsibilities. Make an estimate of how long they will take to do, and then multiply it by two. The reason why I say to multiply it by two is because one of the fundamental issues procrastinators seem to have is that they greatly underestimate the amount of time and effort it takes to complete tasks. This is a good rule of thumb to use until you get a better sense of how long things take, because I am almost certain that you are bad at predicting how long it takes you to do things.

At first, I would play games throughout the day and take care of my responsibilities during the late hours of the night. After depriving myself of sleep for a significant period of time, I started taking care of the things I needed to do first. I cut down the amount of time I spent playing vidya, researching things that are not related to school, or talking to my friends about nothing.

>>35023340
This is good advice as well. If you research topics such as these, they will help you develop a suitable method that will help you stop your procrastination.

Then again, it is possible that you also have ADD. If you have an issue where you literally forget about your responsibilities and to do them (which I did), then go see a neurologist. I take Vyvanse daily and it has worked wonders.
>>
>>35023609
It seems you don't know what procrastination means

How comes that OP will stop procrastinating if the first thing you do is give him a shitload of homework? Yeah perhaps if he does all that shit he will know how to stop procrastinating, but guess what, just knowing about something doesn't necessarily make you better at doing the thing you know.
>>
>>35023302
not computer, you actually need computer to organise your new life
turn off internet howevever is the first mustdo
at least use leechblock and block time wasting place like 4chan
>>
>>35023789
>give me a way to change my brain that requires no effort at all
>>
>>35023832
>you actually need computer to organise your new life
Bullshit anon, i can do the same shit with a pencil and a paper, and turn the computer whenever need it. What i'm trying to say is, that in order to stop this procrastination, you should eliminate or stop the source of distractions, and for what i can tell the computer is a big fucking distraction, there's where you have internet, social media (including 4chan), music, video games, etc.
>>
File: KXVmTFR.jpg (52KB, 494x548px) Image search: [Google]
KXVmTFR.jpg
52KB, 494x548px
>>35023257
Find shit not worth procrasionating.

You obviously have little interest in the task if you are putting it off, or not getting to it at all.

Learn work ethic. See how it can benefit YOU. I repeat, YOU.

Because life is about YOU. We are not commies sacrificing our lives for the good of the commune. Get the fuck outside and make some money, because things are only going to get harder for NEETS these coming years.
>>
>>35023977
i kinda agree but i found that organize my life on my computer is jut confy and work well, it also teach you to use it as a tool instead of a shitpost machine, notepad+excel is god tier for time/task management, you can also install procratitracker which monitor your time usage and help you diagnostic were you actually loose your time
it worked for me, maybe an other solution would be to get a old laptop dedicated to that, like very old one without internet or game, just for organisation and todo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.