[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with depression, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: wojak.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
How do you cope with depression, /r9k/?
>>
twitch streamer.

just listening to this girl talk is like saving my life
>>
Crying.
The 'keep it to yourself' method works wonders.
>>
File: putin.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
putin.gif
1MB, 200x200px
Taking 90mg Duloxetine everyday, pretend i don't want to kill myself
>>
I do a stack of OTC relaxants
>>
>>35022264
most of us don't do it well
>>
File: unfunny anime.jpg (69KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unfunny anime.jpg
69KB, 300x300px
>>35022264
depression is the coping mechanism

if it's really bad go to a psych and take medication, but you should first try some basic stuff like exercise and eating healthy. stay productive because it's so easy to go NEET and then end up 26 with no employment history like i did, get a job or go to school.

if you're too lazy for either then take like 2 classes a semester until you get better and can go full time or do a part time job. time is short on this earth, urgency is everything
>>
I spend all day distracting myself because if I don't i'll end up having a breakdown and possibly going from zero to sixty if someone bothers me during that which would not be good. At this point i've bottled up so many emotions and have become so numb socially that snapping is a real possibility in my life.
>>
working out is proven to chemically change your brain structure permanently, a bit like drugs.

find a routine that is attainable with a bit of motivation, and it will feel like you have succeeded at reaching a goal every day.

personally i do 30 squats, 25 situps, and 20 pushups, twice a day.

another factor is eating good food along with multivitamin and fish oil (also proven to change your brain structure permanently and fight depressions)
>>
>>35022264
i just absorb the sadness and occasionally drink. sometimes when its been really bad for a few days i will just get happy out of no where like my brain is making up for it. then the depression comes back
>>
File: tsuki[1].png (1005B, 106x64px) Image search: [Google]
tsuki[1].png
1005B, 106x64px
With the knowledge that thanks to this board, I'll be going somewhere bigger and better after I die.
>>
>>35022686
This is a lie.

I lift weights 3x a week. I run on off days. I've been taking boxing lessons for two years. It is a struggle every time. I still hate myself and hate exercise.
>>
File: 1481528611548.png (196KB, 743x620px) Image search: [Google]
1481528611548.png
196KB, 743x620px
>>35022547
Same here, famalam. At this point I'm just waiting for death because I'm too scared to kill myself.
>>
File: 1453322778219.jpg (335KB, 484x527px) Image search: [Google]
1453322778219.jpg
335KB, 484x527px
C-cope?
>>
constantly taking baths
smoking weed
drinking myself into oblivion to the point where I feel like I have to change
forcing myself to socialize
throwing myself 200% into my work
standing near the train tracks to prove I'm too much of a puss to do anything
>>
>>35022264

>sertraline
>risperidone
>>
File: muh balls.gif (662KB, 231x189px) Image search: [Google]
muh balls.gif
662KB, 231x189px
>>35022264
hobbies.

everyone should have at least something.

examples
1 outdoor sport: longboarding
1 instrument: piano
1 indoor chillax mode to pass time: games and shitposting
1 backup hobby for the winter when you can't go outside.

this works for me but it won't cure your depression or anything, it just kind of helps you forget for short moments. those short moments for me are what keep me going.

also, idk why but over the years i just seemed to forget who i was. became kind of an asshole to my friends because of it.

but i remember the past now, who i was back then. that innocent kid who just wanted to live and be successful in life, having friends and talents.

im slowly getting there but i haven't really found anything i can truly master. piano is fucking hard desu.

anyway goodluck guys. shits not easy but tomorrow is another day.
>>
File: 1487566642802.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487566642802.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
sertraline, my psychiatrist gave it to me
>>
I shitpost on Israeli Nickelpicking Imageboards.
>>
>>35022264
I'm on the kikepill citalopram, and I think it has made things worse (I've tried a dozen antidepressants, and none of them work) I also exercise every day, but that doesn't do much besides give me structure/relieve some boredom. I also obsess over food intake and periodically starve myself/binge. I used to go to therapy, which helped, but I don't have access anymore, at least not for a while.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.