[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JOIN NOW, ANON!

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: marinecorps.png (6KB, 118x118px) Image search: [Google]
marinecorps.png
6KB, 118x118px
JOIN NOW, ANON!
>>
>get berated by idiots for not eating robotically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJuxukDfrA4
>>
>>35018680
>all those skinny betas

Maybe the military is for me...
>>
>>35019496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CiZ9OGruLM
>>
>>35018564
It's not so bad. It's definitely a much more interesting life now. That being said it isn't a cure all.
>>
File: 1430878457808s.jpg (11KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1430878457808s.jpg
11KB, 250x240px
>>35018564
>join the USMC, want to get into combat engineering
>score too high on the ASVAB, get assigned to intel instead
>discover you have premature arthritis in boot
>push through the pain while all of your cartilage disintegrates
>by the time you get through combat training and MOS school you're in constant pain
>think a desk job at a sweet foreign duty station will give you enough of a break to heal
>the most basic of training is still too much
>have horrific, unbearable mental illnesses on top of this
>completely snap two years in
>get discharged for mental illness
>every time you're at the VA they ask why your length of service was so short
>"I was injured, ahaha"
>>
File: basic.jpg (8KB, 208x137px) Image search: [Google]
basic.jpg
8KB, 208x137px
you just need to get yourself one of these anon
>>
>>35018564
Is boot camp really that hard?
>>
>>35020015
Sucks serious ass but it's survivable.
It's something you'll look back upon fondly but never want to do again.
>>
>>35020015
The crucible, sleep deprivation and getting IT'd are really the only difficult parts. The rest is just being able to endure emotional/psychological abuse which is a cakewalk for your average robot.
>>
>>35020139
>The crucible
>IT'd
what are these?
>>
Well, I really want to enlist but I'm barely 107lbs at 5'8". I doubt I'd pass.
>>
>>35020174
training events. Crucible is low level simulated combat experience involving montage tier stuff life crawling under barb wire and getting harassed.
>>
>>35020230
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2XE7hFpD0
>>
Not interested in becoming brainwashed. Literally every marine is the same.

>marry highschool sweetheart/some broad they met at a bar
>buy a house with dat gubment monies
>buy a 2018 DODGE CHALLENGER V6 with dat guberment monies
>wife is getting fucked in their house while he's away
>get PTSD, can't even sleep at night
>get divorced
>can't function normally in society, will never be able to keep a woman because you're fucking crazy
>OORAH MUHREENS!!
>>
>>35020174
The crucible is a 3-day trial that involves a lot of sleep deprivation, no bathing, live fire exercises, carrying and dragging a lot of people through barbed wire, and over 40 miles of hiking with a full combat load. It's the climax of USMC training for anyone that isn't infantry.

IT = "Incentive training"
It's light hazing
You're forced to do menial exercises for a very long period of time at high intensity, usually long after you puke
>>
I'm too old for the army or any branch
24 is too old to be cannon fodder and they wouldn't put me in officer training
>>
File: 1485832883523.jpg (122KB, 689x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485832883523.jpg
122KB, 689x960px
>>35018564
I did it for 5 years. Why did I quit? Obama. Was that stupid for me? Yes. I could've been just another cog in the machine for 20 years and got out.

Instead I'm out as a civilian hating everyone instead of being a Marine hating everyone. It made no difference.
>>
>>35020305
>24
Nigga I'm fucking 24, and in the military. 32 is too old and they'll waiver that occasionally, don't make stupid excuses.
>>
>>35020272
Americans are hilarious. Getting brainwashed and dissociated by the Army is like an American right of passage.
>>
>>35020364
Better than leading your life without meaning.
>>
>>35020364
Wrong branch fuckhole
>>
>>35020258
That seems cheesy but at the same time really emotional.
Is there anything similar at OCS?
>>
>>35020395
Ha ha,

>implying doing the state's dirty work is "meaningful"
>>
>>35020272
>in a relationship with a transsexual MTF for the last three years
>renting a room in a house with a couple of roommates
>own a Toyota Corolla
>fuck my gf
>no PTSD albiet other mental issues I had before enlisting that I've been working on for years
>happily together, no sign of divorce
>function extremely well in society
>fucking detest my service

what now anon
what now
>>
File: 1486525841340.jpg (284KB, 758x515px) Image search: [Google]
1486525841340.jpg
284KB, 758x515px
>>35020414
careful with that edge, commie
>>
>>35020405
Of course. Depends which branch. But they all basically do the same thing with different degrees of intensity depending on how likely you are to die in a firefight somewhere.

Check out the great movie Officer and a Gentleman.
>>
>>35018564
I'm actually going to the recruiting office tomorrow. Any advice?
>>
>>35020464
don't go. Seriously.
>>
>>35020450
currently prepping my ass to be a tank officer the muhreens or army, just waiting for my letters from West Point/Annapolis to see if i got in.
otherwise still got ROTC.
>>
>>35020479
why

iuyegfwhb
>>
>>35020464
Be sure that this is what you want to do. I joined the Navy, and I loved it. Make certain that you're joining the correct branch for you.
>>
>>35018564
Join Chairforce. Beta Paradise:
https://youtu.be/3KQLPMYDYh0
>>
naw yall should join Air force, ez pz 2 months of basic then i did 5 months of ez pz tech school which i got 40+ collage hours for now im chilling in Florida making pretty good cash doing almost nothing. plus if i finish my degree i could make high 5 and low 6 fig when i get out
>>
>>35020464
You're applying for USMC?
What MOS do you want?
How fit are you?
How much do you know about the military?
Do you have a family/gf/wife?
Are you prepared for everyone you love to completely forget about you?
If you go infantry, are you ready to be seriously injured or crippled?
Are you ready to dedicate the next 3-5 years of your life to a job?
>>
>>35020500
I may see you at Annapolis in your pleb year if you're accepted. Cool
>>
>>35020504
I just want to learn how to kill people so it's Marines and infantry for me

>>35020517
>You're applying for USMC?
yes
>What MOS do you want?
infantry or maybe armor
>How fit are you?
getting there, working pretty hard everyday
>How much do you know about the military?
mostly memes and video games to be honest
>Do you have a family/gf/wife?
obviously not
>Are you prepared for everyone you love to completely forget about you?
that would be fantastic
>If you go infantry, are you ready to be seriously injured or crippled?
don't care
>Are you ready to dedicate the next 3-5 years of your life to a job?
i'll do whatever for whomever as long as they pay me and tell me what to do
>>
>>35020528
Nigga oh shit
A-are you a firstie? USNA is my first pick for sure.
seek me out pls, i go by Jacob
>>
>>35020501
Go to MEPS and after waiting around being ignored for 8 hours+ see how you feel. Now extend that to about 9 months and that's basically what deployment feels like, with more janitorial work.

If you feel ok with that the military is right for you, I mean it with zero sarcasm.
>>
>>35020510

>getting harassed by some low rank clowns because muh building corps aggressive spirit.

Nope.
>>
>>35020510
Airforce boot camp. My sides. Although I'd probably fail for not taking a woman serious.

I was a misogynist even in the Marines. Almost all the Women in the military are trash except for a handful of exceptions.
>>
>>35020581
>seek me out pls, i go by Jacob
Not for fucking long pleb.
>>
>>35020571
Buy and read the corps manuals NOW, if you haven't already.
>>
>>35020589
Airforce Basics are EZ PZ. That was nothing.
>>35020610
Women in the military was a mistake. I still get turned on by women yelling and berating me.
>>
But I thought the marines was only for chads. And wasn't beta friendly. Why would a robot on r9k ever think he would be accepted into the marines.
>>
File: 2015-12-09_1907.png (271KB, 452x446px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-09_1907.png
271KB, 452x446px
>>35020612
boy oh boy
have mercy on your fellow robot
>>
>>35020571
Join SWCC
>Get combat training
>get to interact with the best of the best
>get to travel
it's easy
>>
>>35020634
I had a First sergeant that I wanted to hate fuck. She was a terrible leader. Most memorable fuck up was her bitching at some Marine for getting a neon green cast because that's what the docs at the hospital gave him. She wanted him to go back to the Naval Hospital and take it off and put a plain white one on.

Fucking roasties man.
>>
What if a robot were to to join the French Foreign Legion? I have relatives in France and I know the language well enough to survive instructions. Is their training any worse than USMC?
>>
>>35020653
It's an enlisted's job to berate midshipmen as often as possible before they evolve into douchey officers.
>>
>>35020654
Why would you assume people just know that acronym?
>>
>>35020703
You'd think a robot would be able to google
>>
>>35020703
special warfare combatant-craft crewman
>>
>>35020571
You sound like a good fit for the Marine Corps.

Do yourself a big, BIG fucking favor and read up on the following. This is IMPORTANT:

RANK STRUCTURE (MOST IMPORTANT)
DRILL
PROPER FORM FOR STANDARD MILITARY EXERCISES (PUSHUPS, MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS, ETC.)

So long as you address your DIs properly, can walk in formation and know how to do a proper pushup, they'll teach you everything else. "Knowledge," AKA military history, reading maps, etc. is a breeze because it's literally drilled into your head.

If you decide to go for it, best of luck to you man. I can only heavily, heavily advise against going infantry. I hear it's hell on fucking earth with no reward and no marketable skills once you get out (if you get out).
>>
>>35020654
>SWCC Training
>Easy
>>
>>35020682
Pretty much the same. I could handle being yelled at by men, since I was raised by a strict single father who was a vietnam war veteran. Women try too hard to be intimidating that it turns out hilarous and sometimes hot. I had to hide so many boners whenever I get called on by a female DI.
>>
>>35020698
at least you'll know how to properly assault my emotions, normie insults are nothing
>>
Not military related but is Border Patrol/ Nation Guard good for a robot. Plus I get to touch and arrest Mexican illegals too.
>>
>>35020732
I meant it's an easy decision. The training is fucking hard as hell. I served a tour as an enlisted sailor before I went for it, and even then it was the most difficult thing I've ever done.
>>
>>35020772
What was your rate before SWCC? Thinking of going for SWCC.
>>
Do you think its really worth dieing for dumb shit like

>friendly fire
>oil
>dick cheney's stock options
>Israel
>bad equipment
>Afghanistan

I don't think so.
>>
>>35020766
National Guard is military, anon. Even if only barely.
>>
>>35020806
Well from the sound of it, I don't have to get shipped to Sandniggerstan. I could just guard my homeland right?
>>
File: 1463454482412.png (133KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1463454482412.png
133KB, 1000x1000px
>>35020798
>Friendly fire
Very uncommon. Your other reasons are fair however. I think your chances of killing yourself are higher than any of the other ways you could die in the military.

That's perfect for a robot.
>>
>>35020798
Do you think it's worth living? Maybe You're on the wrong board
>>
>>35020797
I was onboard sonar tech
>>
>>35019774
Fuck, you are me. Chairforce faggot which, IMHO, makes it fucking worse. Then again, I pretty told myself I was cutting myself from the military and and kind of mental "help" they offered the second I stepped off the plane in my hometown.

Are we just worthless pieces of shit for not being able to do 4 years or is it that the military is absolute hell for those who don't agree with the majority of its decisions?
>>
>>35020744
Do us all a favor if you do become an officer and learn some basic naval terminology. We once had a midshipmen ride along onboard ship and in their down time they'd help the cranks in the galley. I've been called sir(I'm not an officer), Petty Officer, and Chief(back when I was a seaman and wore no collar device). Some of them couldn't even tell me what a swab or a galley is.
>>
>>35020833
This. Plus, those arab scrubs cant hit for shit with their aks shooting full automatically in the general direction towards you. Allah guides their bullets. They are easy to pick off with an M4.
>>
>>35020432
You're still a faggot, faggot
>>
The military has 3 ways of recruiting.
Subliminal
Liminal
And superliminal
Hey you! JOIN THE NAVY!
>>
>>35020855
My state of mental health was frequently compared to Jeffrey Dahmer's while I was being processed out, so I'm 99% sure my issue was just being mentally unfit for service. I was certainly physically fit enough and intelligent enough, and even with a crippling physical disability I got through everything. It was just the fucking mental illness.

>>35020891
I know dude.
>>
>>35020862
I was a Sea Cadet until I turned 18, so I know all the basic stuff rest assured. Already been yelled at for all that shit lmao.
Not sure how it works but is there any specific area you'll be training midshipmen in?
>>
>>35018680
ahhhh i miss this

boot was so much more comfy
>>
>>35020937
From what I understand the USNA sends midshipmen out to sea at least once as kind of a final project. When they come on board they're usually assigned a mentor and spread out among divisions. As a mentor I've never really had to "train" them but make sure they are acclimated to onboard life and aren't doing stupid shit to kill themselves.

Some of the real go getters actually jump in and try to actually do some of the bullshit work and maybe even get some basic quals done.
>>
>>35021043
noted
expect willingness to do work but also extreme spaghetti if you ever get me
>>
i'm 30 and skinny fat who drinks everyday. I think about the military a lot and failed 2 asvabs tests when I was stupid and young. now that I know more I feel fucking stupid for not getting it right the first time.
>>
>>35021086
Try to get sent to a tech department like the ITs or CTs, we'll out spaghetti you. Or if you like laughing at pure autism go with the Nukes.
>>
>>35021187
I've already heard the nukes are universally autists and I'm not even in yet.
Probably gonna do polisci, business, or economics because I'm retarded and find STEM boring even though I'm good at it.
I do know a lot of rich motherfuckers who did USNA business though. And polisci seems aight. Not sure if I should do a minor in Chinese or Spanish tho
>>
>>35021263
If you plan on using those language skills to relate to the military go with Chinese. Last I heard they've closed down the Spanish CTI school pretty much for good because they can just get native speakers straight off the street.
>>
>>35021343
wow rip
figured chingchong was better long-term anyways

Meant to ask, how shit is plebe summer really? if you've seen it, that is.
doesnt seem terrible but idk what actually goes on
>>
Any tips then? I'll be joining come the Summer.
>>
>>35021505
depends on branch
>>
>>35021579
I'll be joining the Marine Corps during the Summer or at the least that's the plan.
>>
>>35021467
I've never personally seen pleb summer, but I've heard plenty of stories. It seems like a less intense version of bootcamp just to teach basic military bearing. If you've already done sea cadets just brush up on your basics, and make sure you're in decent shape for it.

Just try to not be the bottom half, do what you're told, and be where you need to be and you'll be left alone 90% of the time. Don't forget to motivate your socks!
>>
>>35021637
If you're planning on leaving for boot in the summer, start talking to a recruiter now. Last I checked Marine Corps DEP is backed the fuck up for ~6 months.
>>
>>35018680
>woman
This is why our military is becoming shit.
>>
>>35021505
don't be fat and retarded and you'll at least make it through training without being hazed by other recruits, other than that about 90% of recruits make it through
>>
>>35021676
that's about what I thought, I just gotta start running again because cardio was killing gainz

see you in a year my dude
>>
File: 1469674593044.gif (493KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1469674593044.gif
493KB, 500x376px
I want to join the military but I don't know what branch.
Marines for the fraternity aspect sounds fun, but I also heard that Marines is normie central.
>>
Die for israel
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.