[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you plan to survive Automation /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: chrome_2017-02-20_16-33-59.jpg (71KB, 503x549px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-02-20_16-33-59.jpg
71KB, 503x549px
How do you plan to survive Automation /r9k/?
>>
>>35018220
We're all doomed might as well do as much drugs and fapping as possible before the end.
>>
>>35018220
Why worry? We're all robots right? We should be able to fit right in. Imagine it, being the only guy working while the rest are just mindless pieces of metal. No bitchy coworkers to listen to, any qt has to find you if there is a robot problem, and if any of them step out of line, hit them with a wrench. I can't wait
>>
>>35018220
>Elon Musk says automation is going to be a big problem
This means it probably won't actually be a very big problem at all.
>>
>>35018220
I don't have a job anyways so it's not like I'm in danger right now. Just when I want a job.
>>
I'm ready for an automated sex bot gf.
>>
They better hurry up with this shit so I can start getting paid for doing nothing.
>>
Intelligent AI is pseudo science 2bh
>>
>>35018220
I am curious what is going to happen. Apparently 70% of American jobs that currently exist will be wiped out by automation in less than 15 years. This includes programmers, drivers, cashiers, accountants, stockers, mailroom clerks, and more.
>>
>>35018415
This

>>35018437
You're pseudoscience desu
>>
>>35018220
>tfw tradesman

Fucking robot can't do my job, I ain't scared
>>
>>35018220
Complex, dynamic physical work will not be efficiently automated for a long time.
If it is, I'll plunge head on into the class war and relieve techlords of their excess wealth with my comrades Commissars Jamal and Juan.
>>
my training is in academic research and education

my job will not be in danger of automation until people develop machine-driven (i.e. no human intervention) learning that actually works

if we really hit that point then i'll just go build a cabin in alaska and eat squirrels until the ice caps melt away. or just kill myself
>>
>automation will remove jobs
>people act like this is a bad thing

fuck jobs
fuck people who like jobs
fuck you if you disagree
>>
>>35018519
The problem how will people get money if there is no jobs. Its not like the government can afford to give over half the population money to live on.
>>
>>35018503
and then they'll kill you with drones.
>>
>>35018519
It's a fantastic thing long term but the transition period is what people worry about.
>>
>>35018540
>money

just end the world, i'm done with it
>>
File: 1478127115949.jpg (35KB, 416x303px) Image search: [Google]
1478127115949.jpg
35KB, 416x303px
>hurdur no one will ever take MY jerb because X

Actually, your jerb will be taken eventually but what's actually going to happen is busywork jobs are going to be increasingly invented to ensure people are both able to purchase things and distracted enough to stop those in power from doing as they please.
>>
>>35018540
Tax Rich people
Take the money that's being spent on the military
Boom then you have UBI
>>
>>35018579
>implying this isn't how it is now.
>>
>>35018220
>How do you plan to survive Automation /r9k/
bye nod habbing a jobb :)
>>
>companies start becoming automated
>people lose jobs
>riots
>huge decrease in people with enough wages to spend them on goods and services
>companies not earning as much money

Interesting to see how this all pans out.
>>
>>35018592
Protip: nationalize all debt, then re-commodify it as government "securities" and sell to China. Issue citizens mutual funds based on the China debt securities, and everyone makes interest. The problem of work = solved
>>
>>35018592
>Take all the 1% rich assets and money.
>Only adds up to less than 10 trillion dollars total.
>Will last maybe 2-3 years before the money runs out to give away.
>>
>you need a PhD in applied autism and 10 years of work experience to get a job in folding shirts
>automation on top of this
>4 million people are turning 18 each year
what did humanity mean by this?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>yfw you realise that the reapers from mass effect were right
>>
>>35018220
Innawoods. Adak Alaska here I come.
>>
>>35018220
Neets don't have this problem

I might buy myself a robot servant with mummy and daddy's money
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(16).jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(16).jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>35018220
By becoming a cyborg
>>
>>35018540
>it's not like the government can afford to give over half the population money to live on
Robots don't require food, sleep, payment, or anything. If 90% of businesses no longer need to pay employees, they can pay higher taxes to create a single living wage.
>>
so what's the fucking plan when this comes about? universal basic income somehow? if we'd actually enforce decreasing the population through lower birthrates we might ease the strain a bit but people are too selfish to get their freedom to shit-out babies curbed.
>>
>>35018791
The only solution I can see to this is mass killing off most of the population. Completely ban immigration, sterilize most of the population remaining, and only allow a certain amount of children to be born yearly. This is the only way a universal income could work.
>>
Work in the medical field. You'll be working alongside robots, sure, but you won't be outsourced by them in this lifetime.
>>
So, what will be the first jobs to go? I've heard that trucking will fully automated before 2025, and I know fast food is quickly becoming robot-friendly. Anything else?
>>
>>35018968
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_out_(manufacturing)
>>
>>35018791

Start sterilizing poor people and nonwhites and the population problem will be fixed
>>
>>35018791
That might be the bargain actually. You can claim UBI for the rest of your life, but only if you have no kids and get sterilized.
>>
>>35018220
>How do you plan to survive the agricultural revolution?
>How do you plan to survive feudalism?
>How do you plan to survive industrialisation?
>How do you plan to survive globalisation?
>How do you plan to survive automation?
>>
>>35019076
>>How do you plan to survive feudalism?
>>How do you plan to survive industrialisation?
well anon plenty of people died in both of those
>>
>>35018994
>Philips

My pops works for them, lucky for him it's a corporate position
>>
Universal basic income will absolutely destroy society. We already have more than enough useless bastards, NEETs, welfare queenz and kangz, landwhales, stoners, gaymers and it's only going to get worse.
>>
File: unabomber27n-4-web.jpg (74KB, 622x234px) Image search: [Google]
unabomber27n-4-web.jpg
74KB, 622x234px
>>35019076
>How do you plan to survive industrialisation?
we didn't
>>
File: 1487516228330.png (183KB, 386x366px) Image search: [Google]
1487516228330.png
183KB, 386x366px
why would i be afraid of something i could easily unplug?
>>
>>35019112
well they're only viewed as a problem since they're a drain on resources, when they could be working to support themselves.

If there are enough resources to provide for them all easily, and most of them couldn't work to support themselves whether they wanted to or not, what's the problem?
>>
>>35019076
daily reminder things have been going downhill since the agricultural revolution

people have only in the past century or so become healthier and taller than we were 10,000 years ago, and now we're just declining
>>
>be programmer
>be in maintenance
>be in education
>be in finance
These jobs will never go away ever
>>
File: 1487583111779.jpg (275KB, 1280x1847px) Image search: [Google]
1487583111779.jpg
275KB, 1280x1847px
>>35019183
because schlomo controls the outlet and won't let you unplug it
>>
How do you plan to survive the printing press, fellow monkbots? Our jobs will be obsolete.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.