[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nihilism is the true red pill. Prove me wrong

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 17

File: 57f.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
57f.png
286KB, 889x592px
Nihilism is the true red pill.

Prove me wrong
>>
>>35015774
But you're not wrong.
>>
how's it feel being an art school drop out dilettante
>>
>>35015774
It is the bluest of all pills
You mong
>>
>>35015837
Prove it, fagster.
>>
>>35015774
Nihilism is just an excuse for lazy NEETs who don't want to accomplish anything with their lives
>>
How can you be a nihilist without having committed suicide? Nihilism and hedonism are not the same thing.
>>
>>35015774
Yes, but the pic is really inaccurate.
>>
>>35015774
left pic is reality though
>>35015880
accomplish for what purpose?
>>
>>35015774
your mem e pic has it the wrong way round
>>
>>35015911

You can be a nihilist and a hedonist. It's just that most nihilists are a bunch of depressing fucks.
>>
>>35016025
Wouldn't you be too if you felt like nothing matters?
>>
>>35015911
Because experience is more interesting than non-experience? Despite that you seem confused. Nihilism proposes that nothing in reality carries any inherent meaning; and isn't the desperate clinging to the concept of 'meaning' or 'purpose' something for the feeble anyway? Nihilism is not Antinatalism.
>>
>>35015980
Humanity's continued existence
>>
>>35015774
no, nihilism is horsecocks and a lie 9 times out of 10
>>
>>35016103
So, you wake up everyday and tell yourself "i need to keep doing this so humanity continues to exist" so you can keep going?
You really think you make a difference in the long run?
>>
>>35016052

Not really. I mean I have shitty days but I'm never just sitting and moping. Nothing matters but I may as well try to enjoy the time I have alive.
>>
>>35016090
>Because experience is more interesting than non-experience?

That is the premise for hedonism. "Interesting" to you is the pursuit of pleasure, whether you're able to admit it or not. It is on the same level of an animal's form of subsistence in today's society.
>>
>>35015837
Can confirm; nihilistic hedonism and lack of discipline = low sense of purpose, hence affinity for identity politics and social Marxist meta-narrative
>>
>>35016337
And you don't think someone can believe in a nihilistic universe and yet find the persuit of pleasure to be reason enough to not commit suicide? Also: since when is hedonism and nihilism incompatible? Once says something about the nature of eixistence, the other says something about the nature of the human experience.
>>
>>35015880
What's there to accomplish?
Humanity should be exploring space, not starting civil wars in the middle east.
Nobody gives a fuck about space research because it doesn't bring any money to the table. Fuck humanity and everything about it.
Fuck people who sob about not having a girlfriend.
Fuck people who do drugs and party all the fucking time.
Fuck people who are religious.
Fuck people who post on social media multiple times daily.
Fuck people who don't understand the basics of geopolitics and history discussing these matters.
Also, fuck you all.
>>
>>35016473
Hedonism prescribes pleasure as an intrinsic good. Nihilism is the deduction of ALL intrinsic goods. Can you not see the problem here? Nihilism is death. There is no other way to put it.
>>
>>35016373
It's funny how you say those leads to a low sense of purpose yet that diminished sense of purpose leads to getting involved in social movements? Are you taking the piss or am I misunderstanding something here?
>>
File: th (10).jpg (7KB, 300x151px) Image search: [Google]
th (10).jpg
7KB, 300x151px
>>35016518
Space Travel does less for humanity than sobbing about girls, drugs, religion, social media, and ignorance do.
>>
>>35016373
I guess that saying "well, nihilists are more likely to do X thing :DDD" is easier than trying to make a compelling argument against the concept of nihilism.
>>
>>35016518
Cool down there edgelord
>>
>>35016633
Nihilism isn't bad as a concept. Nihilism is just an intrinsic lack of purpose or meaning. The bad thing about Nihilist isn't that they are Nihilist, it's what they choose to do with their belief in pointlessness. Most use it as an excuse to let themselves act like bad people, which is where most people have an issue with it
>>
>>35015774
absurdism is the true red pill though
>>
>>35016158
I am but one human being so no likelihood of myself making a giant change is not great. However when you have billions of people working to the same goal I'd be willing to wager it does make a some kind of difference
>>
>>35016565
Nononono. Hedonism is only applicable to the human condition; Nihilism on the other hand is meant to shine light on the human's desperate struggle for meaning in an inherently meaningless universe. Hedonism is not supposed to make statements about objective goods, only what is good for us. Is pleasure the utmost intrinsic good for a grain of sand? Does water seek perfection? What hedonism really is is a man made guide on how to best live a live devoid of suffering. Nihilism on the other hand makes a statement about objective reality in its denial of intrinsic goods. In other words: They do not attempt to describe the same phenomenon.
>>
>>35016565
good just means that one thing is prefered over another. whatever philosophical ideas you have, doesn't remove your capacity for having preferences.
>>
>>35015774
Way to detect the /pol/fags, OP, well played. They get easily triggered when they see someone not wanting to sacrifice for their utopian natsoc failure system.
>>
>>35015774
I remember when I was an edgy teenager as well. You'll grow out of it kid.
>>
>>35016805
You're not working towards the same goal though. You drive for "accomplishing something" is driven by purely egocentric reasons and in most cases suffers from a complete mismatch with anything that could have a chance at actually furthering human existence into something 'better'.
>>
>>35016808
Are we using nihilism in the same context? I'm specifically referring to existential nihilism, not metaphysical. The nihilism I'm referring to is the one present in all of life's choices that question its worth. I'm not sure I understand your relativist abstraction in the context of what we are talking about either.
>>
>>35016518
You were that edgy kid who asked "why? what's the point?" every time the teacher assigned something, weren't you?
>>
File: 1487473477757.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487473477757.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>35015774
Nihilism as a philosophy is stupid.
It's just a fact of life.
>>
The "reality" pic represented me when I was in my teens and early 20s. The "stereotype" pic represents me now in my late 20s.
>>
>>35018440
Wait, are you a nihilist?
>>
File: 1485455492810.jpg (84KB, 900x689px) Image search: [Google]
1485455492810.jpg
84KB, 900x689px
It's pretty annoying how people think you are an edgy, emo kid when you tell them you are a nihilist.

>le why don't you killyurselfff XDDDD

Just because I believe nothing has an inherent meaning it doesn't mean that I can't enjoy life and don't have any passions or convictions.
>>
>>35018659
If you believe nothing has inherent meaning, why not create one for yourself?

Why not read up on other philosophies and see what resonates with you?
>>
>>35015774
The thing about nihilism is you better just genuinely feel that way about things. If a person sets out for it just to try to make things easier, or any other reason at all, they're not actually it.
It's like people that believe in god "just in case", wrong thing to do.
>>
>>35018713
it wouldn't be inherent if you made it.
>>
>>35018884
Well that's true, but you can still build something that's better than nothing.

Philosophy can easily make your life better.
>>
>>35018713
>>35018884
pick something based on aesthetics

normies join things because they subconsciously like the aesthetics
but you join things because you consciously like the aesthetics
>>
>>35019080
you would be conscious of liking something, not consciously liking.

or if you think it is the same thing, then.
>>
>>35019080
>Love the aesthetic of Trent Reznor
>Listen to his music because I feel so cool, edgy, and slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2EUUF47Ms

It's so sunglasses, leather jacket.
>>
>>35018965
I think nothing is preferable to some things.
>>
File: heracles.jpg (276KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
heracles.jpg
276KB, 533x800px
Nihilism is the dumbest philosophy there is, even dumber than determinism or hedonism. If nothing matters then just kill yourselves.
Stoicism and Epicureanism are the elder tier life philosophies, but you NEETs are far too indulgent and slothful to practice them.
>>
live fast, die young
you only live once
>>
>>35019245
>if nothing matter kill yourself

care to elaborate why?
>>
>>35019233
>Nothing is preferable

You're only saying this because you're ignorant to how your life could be.

There's a way to imbue your life with purpose, but you just don't want to look for it.
>>
>>35019245
You are dumb. I am not even kidding. Your post pretty much reveals your empty-headedness.
>>
>>35019265
How do you know what my life could be?
>>
>>35015774
4chan, of all places, is still contrarian about nihilism.
>>
>>35019269
Hard-determinism is a truth of this world, but we can not touch the hand of god that created us. It is foolish to live a life that you believe you can't change. You're on a rail, but it's winding to and fro. The chemicals in your mind aren't aware that they're chemicals.

The philosophy of determinism is negligible because of this.

Normies that don't think about it are doing the right thing as they are intended to, and you should follow suit with evolution.
>>
>>35019288
You have the same tools the rest of the human race have.

You're built the same way we all are.

You're not retarded because you can create sentences. You can find a way out of nihilism.
>>
>people falling for the purpose jew
>people falling for the depression jew

nothing matters so live in whatever manner brings you pleasure and satasfaction
>>
>>35019328
Half your post is just nonsense.
>>
>>35019357
people are not all the same. I am not quite sure what it is you want me to 'find a way out of'.
>>
>>35019368
I suppose I didn't communicate what I wanted to effectively.

Evolution may have made us, but it took billions of years. It's impossible for us to be REALLY aware of how we have no control over anything.

It's best to believe you can change because you're intended to change and mold.

You're the perfect tool to cut through this existence. You're designed to exchange blades, etc. You might as well forget that you have no free-will. It's virtually irrelevant.
>>
>>35019405
On a base level, human-beings are all the same.
If you're content with how your life is going, then continue down the road you're on. If you ever need a way out, don't forget you can carve one.
>>
>>35015774
>Prove me wrong

Why should I spend my energy with you?
>>
Philosophically nihilism is a step beneath personal meaning, nihilism was about philosophically looking at reality as it is. It's not a fucking religion.

Create personal meaning from life, why are you here?
>>
>>35015774
>meaningless fulfilling hedonism which is literally the most basic entry-level philosophy shared nearly universally by teenagers and degenerates
>true red pill
>>
>>35019525
unfulfilling*
>>
>>35019426
>Evolution may have made us, but it took billions of years. It's impossible for us to be REALLY aware of how we have no control over anything.

Seems like non-sequitur.

>I suppose I didn't communicate what I wanted to effectively.

I understand that you are trying to say that 'determinism' is irrelevant.

I just don't really see your argument. Seems to me that you are just trying to motivate.
>>
>>35019525
>Teenagers have philosophies

I never thought about this.
I've sort of already forgotten what it's like to be a teenager. I constantly had a distraction in front of me, so I never gave the meaning of life a second thought.

I suppose the meaning of life is to be excellent unto your fellow man and create and have fun.

That was a great way to be as a kid, and I'm certain it's still great to this day.
>>
>>35019582
hedonistic nihilism doesn't require thinking about. it's the default for the immature and the weak. hence being the philosophy of teenagers and degenerates.
>>
>>35015774

all that is left is perpetual deep sadness. I have let the terror win. I will never sleep soundly.
>>
>>35019644
what is hedonistic nihilism?
>>
>>35019579
It seems like one, but it's really not.

Here's a good analogy for why you should never give up to hard determinism:

How can you be aware of the skeleton in your body?

You can feel it, and it protects you, but is it relevant that it's in you if you can't see it no matter how much you try?

This is why I don't see it as a valid philosophy aside from the observation of other human beings. It's almost like it's not there despite it definitely being there. This is why you should always strive to fit into the normal, socially accepted ideal of change and personal improvement.
>>
>>35016518
You forgot Fuck people who have friends and fuck people with social skills :)
>>
>>35019666
nihilism which encompasses the embrace of pleasure in absence of any higher meaning. by far the most common type. nihilism as espoused by Nietzsche however recognises the danger of this and instead advocates for the creation of personal higher meaning that transcends operating solely on the basis of obtaining pleasure.
>>
>>35019681
>but is it relevant that it's in you if you can't see it no matter how much you try?

It might become relevant at some point. Surgeons and doctors would need some knowledge of the skeleton.

>This is why I don't see it as a valid philosophy

If it is true, then it is valid regardless of how useful it is.

>This is why you should always strive to fit into the normal, socially accepted ideal of change and personal improvement.

Well, ahem ahem, this is just like, your opinion and shit.
>>
>>35015774
actually read nietzsche you retarded mong
>>
>>35019772
>nietzsche
pleb move

read Evola and Mishima
>>
>>35019732
what exactly do you mean with higher meaning?

do you mean that, for instance a person who believes he is doing something for a purpose, would have a higher meaning for doing this thing?
>>
>>35019767
Yet it's not an opinion.
Your life will ultimately be better if you subscribe to the belief that you are your own master even if that's really not true.

You're not intended to lie down and die once you see the truth.

Hard determinism is more than a philosophy, it's a practical fact of existence. Quantum physics can't disprove it. If I roll a die and I make a choice based on whether I roll evens or odds, did I choose?
>>
File: Fo_splash.gif (32KB, 607x426px)
Fo_splash.gif
32KB, 607x426px
>>35019852
>Yet it's not an opinion.

I unironically has to recommend you this game, since apparently you cannot tell the difference.
>>
>>35019772
>Nietzsche
>Nihilist
Everyone knows 19 out of 20 "nihilists" are just edgy existentialists who too intellectually lazy to know what existentialism is. I mean, he might as well be a nihilist as far as anyone in this thread is concerned.
>>
>>35019847
>what exactly do you mean with higher meaning?
any kind of purpose in life that extends beyond the self and our physical trappings.
>do you mean that, for instance a person who believes he is doing something for a purpose, would have a higher meaning for doing this thing?
yes.
>>
>>35019907
the point is that he's specifically not a nihilist. in fact he warns against it.
>>
>>35019881
I'm primarily operating off of evolution and all that entails. It's the closest I can get to an objective world view, but for the sake of cohesion, lets just call it an opinion.
>>
File: 1487313968018.jpg (24KB, 819x795px) Image search: [Google]
1487313968018.jpg
24KB, 819x795px
>>35019956
>beyond the self and our physical trappings.

That is an odd(and quite stupid I may add) distinction to make.

If you believe you are doing something for a purpose, then you are doing it to fulfill your belief in that purpose, the urge to do so, is as much a 'physical trapping' as is the urge for sensual pleasure.
>>
>>35020033
There is no better or worse in the theory of evolution. If one animal makes it and another one doesn't, it doesn't mean that the one who made it was a better. The concepts of better and worse has no place in Science.
>>
>>35020035
potentially. it isn't something that can ever be proven either way. regardless, the point of doing something which you believe is in opposition to your more primal desires - which necessitates the use of self-control, discipline and temperance - is really the relevant thing.
>>
>>35020097
Yet there is such a thing as evolutionary novelty.

It's why leftism is such a scourge. Those of higher intelligence will do things that are expressly harmful and against the world that created them. That's what it is to succumb to hard determinism. It's objectively not healthy, nor sensible.

Look at Nathan Leopold. He committed a murder to try and transcend human morality, but he was blind to the fact that it's impossible to do so when he is but a man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb
>>
>>35019772
>letting dead people tell you how to live
What a cuckold.
>>
>>35020097
Anyway, I've gotta go attend to my hobbies. It has been fun talking to you.
>>
>>35020232
Toodles, toodleloo.
>>
>>35020232
>I have no argument
goodbye nigger
>>
>>35020138
>the use of self-control, discipline and temperance

I also think that is important.
>>
>>35019455
>On a base level, human-beings are all the same.
B-B-BUT NIGGERS ARE INFERIOR
>>
>>35020275
He did leave a response to me, before making that post.

So there is no need for you to be so rude to him.
>>
Only edgy 14-year olds bother to call themselves nihilists.
>>
>>35015774
Non-philosopher nihilists are just knee-jerk skeptics about meaning and value. A knee-jerk skeptic is someone who has noticed a philosophical problem about some big important notion and therefore rejects the notion, without investigating all the possible solutions for the problem and without realizing that all big important notions have several philosophical problems about them. Nobody would be a knee-jerk skeptic about everything that you can be a knee-jerk skeptic about (including the external world, justified belief, other minds, meanings of words, change, etc. -- all of which have several philosophical problems in accounting for them, on the basis of which one might knee-jerk reject them), so the reasons for being a nihilist are always inconsistently and amateurishly applied.

Non-philosopher nihilists don't know what they mean by nihilism, other than some poorly understood combination of atheism and hedonism, which is not genuine nihilism.

A complete nihilist, who denied the existence of meaning and value absolutely in general, would necessarily deny the basis for his own nihilism, since he would deny the epistemic meaning and value involved in the existence of good reasons for or against different points of view. A complete nihilist would be a skeptic about logic, being unmotivated by any argument appealing to the importance of consistency or evidence or reasoning or truth. A complete nihilist would also deny that having any preference or feeling any pleasure gives any good reason for doing anything, so he would not be motivated by his own preferences or pleasures, hence not accepting hedonism. Or he would accept these positions, along with any other incompatible positions, since he would be completely indifferent to the supposed value of logic. To the nihilist, nothing could mean that anything should or ought to be in any way. It is thus impossible to be an actual nihilist without being a completely irrational and literally insane person.
>>
File: tl;dr.jpg (62KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
tl;dr.jpg
62KB, 392x500px
>>35020887
This is an VERY original post.
>>
File: 1482901769557.jpg (30KB, 418x569px) Image search: [Google]
1482901769557.jpg
30KB, 418x569px
>>35016518
you must think you're hot shit.
>>
I invented AIDS
>>
>>35016598
We've invented a lot of cool stuff through NASA, like the microwave. But you have a point, I've kind of disabused myself of the idea of becoming captain picard one day.
>>
File: b01.jpg (40KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
b01.jpg
40KB, 722x349px
This thread seems to pose two options: fascism and nihilism: depression, and mania.
>>
File: 1487404689124.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487404689124.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>35020826
I have a feeling only intelligent 14 year olds call themselves nihilist.

I wasn't one, but I did figure out that nothing in the world ultimately mattered in the end. Those are some linkin park lyrics though, so I'm not sure how smart you have to be to find that one.
>>
File: 1482925121272.jpg (52KB, 600x604px)
1482925121272.jpg
52KB, 600x604px
>>35015774
fucking retard. Go get some social skills Make your own. Of course nothing in life is gonna matter if you are a fucking whiny bitch because all the jock got mad pussy in high school and your Freddy Krueger sweater made of knife cuts didn't.
>>
>>35019269
Good argument kiddo.

>>35019263
If you're a nihilist without also being a hedonist, then you believe nothing has purpose and also don't seek pleasure as your goal. So what are you alive for?
If you claim, "Because life is preferable to death," why? The only thing life has over death is the possibility of pleasure, of achievement, or of other such things. Yet you have rejected these as having meaning. So why are you continuing to suffer through life? You will doubtless say, "I don't have to think pleasure has a point to prefer it to death." But by that mere admission of preference you are giving pleasure meaning. At the very least you are claiming that pleasure is a good and that it is a good worth living for. Is that not hedonism? Is that not a rejection of nihilism?
>>
>>35022459
>So what are you alive for?
I don't say any of the answers you've provided

now, could you please tell me why I keep living?
>>
File: akbaa.jpg (242KB, 1390x1390px) Image search: [Google]
akbaa.jpg
242KB, 1390x1390px
>>35015774
well ACTUALLY it's called a black pill. or void pill

>>35020887
So
>Declaring yourself as an actual nihilist is an oxymoron
essentially.

I think the russians got the gist of it though. They don't think. At all. Just fuck shit up and screw any and all consequences.
>>
>>35015774

because you are copping out all of your problems by pretending that they dont exist and setting yourself for a shitty and miserable experience.

source: I went through the same phase you are in right now when I was 14 and eventually came back to my senses years later
>>
File: 1485332888541.jpg (72KB, 720x683px) Image search: [Google]
1485332888541.jpg
72KB, 720x683px
>>35015774
>not even real nihilism
kys
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.