[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so why exactly arent you playing wow right now

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 1487596018153.jpg (148KB, 1680x1050px)
1487596018153.jpg
148KB, 1680x1050px
so why exactly arent you playing wow right now
>>
no monis

bls gill me
>>
>>35007324
I quit during WoD because fire mage was garbage. every character I leveled it felt like garrison daily stuff was chores. What's kept me away is that I resented all the time I had spent playing WoW. It's one thing to spend all day playing a game you like. It's quite another to play a game you hate all day.
>>
File: 1372814970229.png (20KB, 560x407px)
1372814970229.png
20KB, 560x407px
Because FFXIV is better. Grew tired of the RNG-fest that WoW is right now, pandering to shitty character development and bad retcon
>>
>>35007324
too expensive, play runescape instead. paid 90 dollars for a year membership, thats what, 3 months of wow membership on top of the fact you have to buy all of the expansions to get access to new content?
>>
>>35007324
Because wow like all video games is a gigantic waste of fucking time.
>>
>>35007376
actually that's like 8 months in WoW, not taking into account that you can buy monthly suscriptions with in-game currency (IDK if u can do that on Runescape)

Getting into the game nowadays is easier than ever, exp. packs are much cheaper now. If that is worth it is another question
>>
>>35007324
I haven't played since tbc and I have no clue how I would get back into the game after 10 years.
>>
Because guild wars 2 is better.
>>
>>35007324
3 button rotation weekly grind raids

muh "legendary" that everyone has

all dps classes feel the same

tanks are just pop CDs and pull, hope your healer isn't shit.

healers are just hope your tank isn't shit so you don't burn your mana in 2 seconds

also, there is no "world" in world of warcraft anymore. its just log in, get to max level in a few weeks, grind for gear or PvP.

you know what I do if i want to play WoW?

wait 6 months before next expac comes out and run raid finder for a month to get a sense of the story, then quit because PvP is fucking boring trash.
>>
>>35007324
I think I quit playing when Cataclysm came out. I hated the casualization in WotLK. Group finder made traveling to summoning stones useless, party members were just a sea of randoms instead eventual bros you remembered. Giving classes similar class specific spells etc. Making heroic gear just as good as old raid gear every patch.. Probably a bunch of more shit I can't remember atm

I never got to play during OG WoW, but I started when BC came out and loved it then.
>>
>>35007324
>wow
2008 called, they want their shitty microtransaction-scam of an game back
>>
I hit 110, did a few world quests and got bored in a week
>>
>>35007362
>>35007365
>>35007376
>>35007422
>>35007458
>>35007461
why not play on a vanilla private server?
they got pretty big the last few months.
>>
File: 1441976245878.png (179KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1441976245878.png
179KB, 500x280px
>>35007365
>tfw you quit right after Siege of Orgrimmar
>tfw you played a fire mage

What did they fuck up? It was already a lot shittier than it was in Throne, especially with the loss of the guaranteed trinket procs partway through ToT
>>
File: 1416496887660.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1416496887660.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>35007487
>any subscription based model is now microtransactions
>>
My mythic guild quit after thanksgiving holidays because everyone lost the will to play, and I was a tank so finding a new guild without switching mainspec was impossible, and I had no will.

I don't understand how casuals enjoy playing the game, I got sick of running maw of souls M+ for 8 hours a day on 2 characters.
>>
>>35007861
Meh, private servers are just meh. imo
I don't want to play on some bootleg shit
>>
>>35007952
>having to pay every month to play a game you've already bought
Yeah, definitely not a scam
>>
File: 1414548166613.jpg (48KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
1414548166613.jpg
48KB, 530x800px
I quit due to 10m raiding effectively disappearing at the top end. Them wanting to only balance one raid size, and that size being 20m, killed any desire I had to play the game.

It went from feeling like a close knit group of 10 people and feeling useful to being lost in a sea of 25-30 strangers.
>>
File: IMG_2155.jpg (89KB, 631x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2155.jpg
89KB, 631x540px
>>35007324

wished it was more open world. everything ultimately revolves around progression based combat.

why can't i be a full time crafter, architect, politician, wayfarer, biologist, etc. without ever lifting a sword.

plus i get addicted to mmo's too easily
>>
>>35007979
People like you are actually fucking retarded.

You buy a license, and pay to use the servers. You don't "buy" the game.
>>
Gave up midway through Cataclysm with the big prot paladin nerf. The game had stopped being fun anyways at that point.

I'm sure another game will understand that there is true joy in the struggle one day, and when that time comes I'll be ready. Until then its really about saving as much money as possible so I can go full NEET when that happens.
>>
I don't have a busty female demonhunter that will drain the mana out my shota mage.
>>
>>35007966
that's the trick, you don't buy into their hand rubbing, big nosed grindy scheme

I've been playing wow for 8 years with some months of pauses every year, but i did less than 5 raids all this time until i stopped altogether. What's the fucking point of it anyway? You can't go there for the story because nobody else in the raid cares about it, thus it's skipped, you have an autistic fuck raid leader screaming on ts as if his guts were ripped out irl, then 80% of the raid goes smoking for an hour, the healer leaves after the first wipe, the tank "has to go"(this faggot is actually worse than the leaving healer). And for all this you MAY get an item just to repeat higher levels of this bullshit.

There are countless other things that the game offers, but strangely enough the majority plays it as if it's their 2nd shift at work. Gring hard, work hard, etc.. I don't get you people. the worst thing is that the majority are faggots like you so blizzjew tries to appeal the majority more, who obviously are tired of what are they addicted to, without noticing it. Get standard purple gear and fuck around in the world. Level a rogue to gank leveling pandas. Watch his furry buddies swarming into protecting him while laying low. Once they're gone, restart the process. Solo old content since you're free from the autistic faggot. Do interesting quests. Start fucking around. This is what's a game supposed to be about, but if you don't like that, you're obviously lack a proper hobby, or you want to work overtime. Volunteer somewhere. Think outside of the fucking box.

If they see that the players don't want to put up with this shit, they will lose money and eventually change.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.