[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Wrong with Us?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

somewhere along the way, something happened
what is wrong with us?
what is wrong with me?
why cant we be normal?
why cant we be happy?

what is wrong?
>>
>>35006143
>they banned drugs 100 years ago
>they started locking people in prison more and more
Thus chosing to have a sturdy and efficient hell, rather than a weak inefficient heaven. It's an evolution thing, survivial of the fittest.
>>
broken homes, light to mild aspergers, natural introversion and anxiety, childhood bullying, internet addiction

that's what's wrong with us
>>
>>35006399
but those issues cant unique to our times, right?
im sure history has had its fair share of these issues

then how come it is only recently that this robot phenomenon has become so prevalent?
>>
I believe that an omnipresent, omniscient diety rules my life and the universe itself
I feel conflicted, knowing my existence causes both myself and other people incredible pain and i wonder why God would want his progeny to suffer so
>>
i let people walk all over me my entire childhood and early adulthood.
people take advantage of those who let them. better to be the one taking the advantage.
now i have people working for me, i don't need to work.
>>
>>35006446
in the past you didn't have a choice!

you got over it or you died

people like us were fuckin fishmongers and working in coal mines and shit

now we have the internet and our situations are not so dire that we have to do these dangerous backbreaking jobs and suck it up. we are coddled and we can afford to be manchildren.

young men being discontent is something that has existed since the dawn of time. they just had to get over it or die.
>>
>>35006357
interesting perspective
evil gaining ground across the world is a pretty scary thing
i mean we used to have massacres and shit like that but global control is even scarier
what is their endgame?
>>
>>35006446
We're all victims of the times.

>inb4 stop crying man child

Young millennial men have been subverted by the elites to feel inadequate and powerless. Just look around you:
>we're NEET
>we're incel
>we live at home
>we're stuck in our online echo chambers
>we have no productive stress outlets
>we eat like shit
>we're treated like shit
>we're expected to stay like shit
>>
>>35006454
get your ass in the fucking robot shinji
>>
>>35006446
>then how come it is only recently that this robot phenomenon has become so prevalent?
perhaps only now can it be seen as somewhat prevalent, what with the age of information connecting people and bringing new light to places that were previously dark
but, as with almost all issues, there isn't just a single contributing factor

perhaps we are (unintentionally) bred to be incompatible with the system we live in, causing damaging internal stress
nowhere else in history has anybody had the overwhelming amount of technology or information at such an affordable cost

i could go on for ages with speculation, but i feel like i would need to collect more data before giving an actual good response
>>
File: 1401677975206 Loneliness Hit Me.jpg (42KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
1401677975206 Loneliness Hit Me.jpg
42KB, 600x674px
>>35006446
>but those issues cant unique to our times, right?
>im sure history has had its fair share of these issues

Part of it is likely perception. Prior to the age of globe-spanning networks, such individuals would not have been able to find each other and communicate, except for maybe small handfuls here-and-there, gathered around hobbies and obsessive interests.

Then again, perhaps things have really changed. In the days of BBSes and Usenet, there were certainly plenty of single socially isolated young men like myself, but not quite so distressed and angry. We were friendlier and happier back then.

I think there are a number of factors. One is that the internet has brought a great social 'flattening', social networks and a person's view of humans around them used to be clumpy and segmented because of communication limitations. A low-status man might still have a shot if he found himself in a sheltered social cluster where the group got to know him and appreciate his good aspects. However, the world is flat now, and he has to compete with unreailstic expectations of income/looks/charisma of the best Chads the world has to offer.

In older times, families tended to be larger, and they tended not to move so far away. With greater physical mobility that the modern workplace requires, you have smaller modern families scattered widely geographically, so you have less social support. Fewer siblings, fewer aunts and uncles, fewer cousins. Anons tend to rely more on a few close relatives like Mom or Dad, and when that drifts away as you grow up, you have nobody close to rely on.

Community social isolation has also become easier. Everybody is consuming digital media -- Cable, Netflix, Xbox, and so forth. Group real-life activities are dwindling.

You used to have more interaction with your work-mates, in the kind of factories and workshops and farms that used to exist. Modern workplaces are extremely focused and isolating.
>>
>>35006143
>Meet my childhood friend yesterday after being isolated for 8 years
>He was always dumber than me, uglier and looked up to me like older brother or demigod
>Listen to his stories
>Realize that while i spent ALL these years isolated at home people have been actually going out there, doing things, making money, having experiences and having fun
>mfw he tells me to share some of my experiences
>"Uhm.....you wanna hear about how people in psych ward act? Haha....."

Jesus man, god knows what could have become of me had i LIVED instead of survived like a cockroach.
>>
It's the fucking internet's fault. It's too good of an alternative to living life.
>>
File: 1487520157928.gif (293KB, 1006x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487520157928.gif
293KB, 1006x800px
I don't know anymore. I think I was defective from the very beginning. I can't tell if I'm even a real person.
>>
File: lainv.jpg (109KB, 348x419px) Image search: [Google]
lainv.jpg
109KB, 348x419px
>>35007316
>I can't tell if I'm even a real person.

Let's all love the Lain!
>>
>>35006560
why do we feel so out of place though?
what prompted us to slowly but surely, gain these traits?

im not a NEET, i go to the gym six days a week, and my diet while not superb, isnt terrible

and yet i still feel abnormal, unable to fit in
why cant i just be normal
have normal friendships
have normal romantic relationships

why cant i just have a normal life
>>
>>35006446
>then how come it is only recently that this robot phenomenon has become so prevalent?

Because of peace
>>
Autism. We can't fix it, but we can make it better. I still freeze up and drop spaghetti when talking to people sometimes, but I'm miles higher than where I used to be.

What's the point, though? I don't even like normies.
>>
>>35008099
>Because of peace

Funny thing that, we haven't been at peace.

But war is now mostly a formal activity in which the government uses professional warriors. The consequences and casualties have become abstracted to the point where the civilian populace is barely aware.
>>
>>35006143
I always think of fooly cooly when I smoke cigs lol

Just smoked one

You gotta be thankful for what life has given you

You gotta have fun before you grow up

Apart of being an adult is knowing about all kinds of fun

Come on anon

Just relax
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.