[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Privacy/keeping secrets

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1480614580072.jpg (64KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1480614580072.jpg
64KB, 500x619px
Why is it so hard for people to keep their mouths shut?

I'm talking about things like telling your mom something just to hear your brother asking you about it the next day, sometimes even doing something with somebody or telling them something trivial that ends up being shared to everyone else. Why is the concept of not wanting anyone to know about what people do with their life so hard to understand to normies?

it personally drives me insane and I've stopped sharing things with people because of this. If I tell somebody my opinion it's something that was meant for his ears only and it shouldn't be shared with anyone else

Are you a private person?
Are you an asshole that can't keep secrets?
>>
I have no idea, normalfags gossip and bitch and tell information like wildfire. Hiding your powerlevel around them is dangerously important
>>
you have control issues, probably because of insecurity /betacuckness

but just keep pretending that you're better than them, it has worked so far right?
>>
>>35004718
no

I just don't like sharing my thought with people I don't like, so when I tell somebody anything and it reaches the ears of the people I barely know it makes me angry. I don't go around telling people what others tell me
>>
The only way for a secret to be kept is by telling it to a fellow beta who tends to be ignored anyway.

and to answer your question, i always keep quiet about things unless i assume things will work out positively for everyone involved otherwise.
>>
why do you feel the need to blurt out everything you think anyway or confess it to someone

you sound like a normie yourself
>>
>>35005352
because as I said in the OP I mean trivial shit that shouldn't even be repeated.

>spend day with brother doing shit
>see a bird
>tell him I like that particular bird
>a few days go by and suddenly my mom is telling everyone "Anon loves birds!"
it's a silly example but it happens to often for my liking
>>
>>35005477
do you have any friends that aren't blood relatives you have lived with your entire life?

consider getting some, may help this whole tattle tale problem you have
>>
This is a symptom of the social media obsession we have nowadays, people are so used to living their own lives like an open book and getting information overload from everyone else, that they don't even consider not immediately sharing everything they hear. The only way to counteract it is to never tell anything to anyone unless you're happy for it to be public information, even saying "don't talk to anyone about this" just makes it worse.
>>
File: 1485829935840.jpg (64KB, 680x453px)
1485829935840.jpg
64KB, 680x453px
>>35005738
I do and it's even worse because they have some kind of obsession with sharing information about me with my family

>hey anon we want to hang out we asked your mom and she said you're free you have no excuse
I know that my main problem is my mom being a parrot but I can't run away from it
>>
>>35005803
yeah it might just be your mom being cemented as an arbiter in all your social relationships. Guess chit chatting/small talk is one of those unavoidable aspects of normie life
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.