[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the cons to buying a house and becoming a landlord?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Work Neet.jpg (12KB, 180x281px) Image search: [Google]
Work Neet.jpg
12KB, 180x281px
What are the cons to buying a house and becoming a landlord? can you be a neet with good money like that or does it not actually work?
>>
>>35002405

You would need multiple properties or a steady income from some other source.
>>
File: loj2YOq.jpg (901KB, 1184x2932px) Image search: [Google]
loj2YOq.jpg
901KB, 1184x2932px
>>35002405
Really depends. You should check state laws/rules on being a landlord. You have taxes, repairs, and other things to look at if you are renting to pricks in a city.

In the country I see people renting and they never complain but I have heard horror stories.

I do know that you need to upkeep the property if things fail but might depend on the agreement from the landlord and the person renting the property.

Make sure also to rent to people who arent nut cases. Make sure they are stable and arent going to destroy the property.
>>
>>35002405
>Niggers and White trash
>Druggies
>Hoarders
>People with pets/People who smuggle pets in
>Rent skippers
>Squatters
>other undesirables
>college kids
>high insurance
>lengthy legal process to evict someone
>can't refuse tenants (basically stuck with undesirables who will fucking destroy whatever your renting out)
>>
>>35002452
so it guys well if you find some decent people in the country? just thinking of buying a coupe cheap houses in the future
>>
>>35002691
*so it goes well
>>
Dad's last tenants caused damage in excess of their bond, but for some bullshit legal reasons did not have to pay for the damages not covered. They in fact tried to counter-sue Dad and have him fired from his workplace when he said he was taking them to court (the tenant was friends with one of Dad's superiors at work).

Carpet was burned and stained, had to be replaced. House smelled of cigarette smoke, despite this being banned in the agreement. Electric stove was smashed and had to be replaced. People not on the lease were living on the property (we are still receiving their mail).

We ended up losing money, and it caused a great deal of stress with Dad's job being threatened. Not worth it at all.
>>
>>35002456
>can't refuse tenants
what do you mean you can't refuse tenants?
>>
>>35003100
You can. The landlord looks at the applications and picks who gets to rent.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.