[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book Thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image_2_0.jpg (160KB, 465x803px) Image search: [Google]
image_2_0.jpg
160KB, 465x803px
Been a while since I saw a good literature thread.

I'm currently skimming Dracula. Its a bit too divided for me, as it's amazing at the beginning, with Johnathan exploring the castle and the "brides" and such, then it switches to Mina and that's when I lose interest. I read the part with the ship, but otherwise, I'm just skimming the parts Nosferatu focused on.
(I swear, I'm a diligent reader, I read Crime and Punishment for God's sake, but I just can't take a "postage book")

Any books you are reading, working on, or interested in?
>>
>>35000940
i think you need to go to /lit/

i've abandoned this godforsaken forum

replace r9k with lit. people here don't read. they don't even think. all they know is anime and fap. move on please.
>>
define "postage book"
>>
>>35000940
I tried reading Neuromancer again but only got to about midway through because life intervened. Last thing I remember Riviera just did his creepy on-stage sex show with hologram Molly.
>>
I'm not an avid reader but I read some of the golden sayings of epictetus recently and it is amusing.
>>
File: 1461534676260.jpg (28KB, 425x323px) Image search: [Google]
1461534676260.jpg
28KB, 425x323px
Wrong board, reading is for losers

On /r9k/ we post roasties
>>
>>35000992
A book full of letters, which is basically the book past Jonathan's diary. Just Mina and Lucy talking to one another.
>>35001013
Care to elaborate? Never heard the name, is he a philosopher?
>>
>>35001048
>epictetus
It's philosophy. It's a bunch of passages about morality sort of like some of the psalms in the bible. Honestly, I read it because some of it is broking up intoshort, digestable bits. Would recommend
>>
why isn't there a book with just dracula and just the pure girl
>>
>>35001147
Written down, thanks anon!
>>
>>35001282
... Are you talking about some """"" quirky""""" teen vampire romance novel
>>
File: Kags.png (143KB, 328x354px) Image search: [Google]
Kags.png
143KB, 328x354px
I just read Life at the Bottom by Dalrymple - many essays from the 90s through the 2000s by a doctor, critiquing the welfare state, multiculturalism, the judicial system, crime, and elite academics' manipulations of mainstream culture. Every robot should read it - he spares no normie the truth about their personal responsibility behind the savage and repugnant state of their lives, and yet has a keen sympathy for people who've actually been harmed by forces outside of their control.
Got a book about the French revolution, but the writer seems like a normie, so I'm thinking about finding some fiction to read instead.
Also, pic related is cute.
>>
>>35001308
no the one and only with one girl
>>
why can't girls comprehend, or even appreciate, literature?

For them, it is a chore to open a fucking book. And the ones that sat that the "love to read", are obvious posers that only consume best sellers and literal shit works, like YA. The same goes for girls that """write"""; all their writing is basic, journal-esque, and without any intellectual substance or even a good, entertaining story. If it isn't a shitty sex/romance story, they over complicate things to sound knowledgeable.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.