[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The people running my country believe the quality of health

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 19

File: PaulRyan.jpg (112KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
PaulRyan.jpg
112KB, 1200x800px
>The people running my country believe the quality of health care to which I am entitled is directly proportional to my income.

Fuck this gay nation
>>
Either stop getting sick or get a higher income then poorfag
>>
>>34995014
but they are right. if you don't want to pay for doctors and stuff then don't do stupid shit that will make you ill/injured
>>
>>34995079
>>34995080

>this is how conservatives actually think things work
>>
This is something I've always thought about. Obviously it's messed up that people with more money get better healthcare. However, I don't think the country can afford to give everyone top-of-the-line healthcare, so there's really no solution to this problem. The only way everybody could get the same quality of healthcare, regardless of their income, would be to reduce the quality of healthcare that the wealthy get, by banning overly expensive treatments. But that would obviously be unethical too. However, I still believe that if people can't afford healthcare, the government should pay for it. But even if the government did that, people with more money would still be able to afford higher-quality healthcare.

However, I think there are other things we could do to improve healthcare in this country. So much money is spent on treating preventable illnesses such as type 2 diabetes. If foods known to be associated with health problems, such as soda and junk food, were taxed, more people would eat healthy, and furthermore, the taxes could be used to treat illnesses that aren't preventable.
>>
>>34995014

>I am entitled

yes, you are definitely entitled.
>>
>>34995398
>I don't think the country can afford to give everyone top-of-the-line healthcare
It actually can, maybe not top of the line healthcare, but far better than what the average is
We spend so much on the military and so little on everything else to the extent that our military budget is three times that of every first world country combined
And I've heard arguments against the decrease in military spending, particularly stuff like "Other countries depend on us", but that's not really relevant because most countries don't even need protecting like that.

The reason foods like soda and junk food aren't taxed, not that it would even stop people from consuming them, is because all the larger junk food companies can lobby congress to not tax those things, or even subsidize corn, therefore corn syrup therefore soda, to increase the amount of soda available to the public
What really needs to happen is education about the nutrition and better access to healthy foods. People only eat crap because there isn't much else to eat that is cheap and filling.
>>
>>34995408

Literally every other first world country on Earth has universal healthcare
>>
>>34995014
you be tellin me... that the quality of a service rendered determines its value?!?! gibs free stuff nigguh
>>
>>34995551
>It actually can, maybe not top of the line healthcare, but far better than what the average is.
That's what I said. I said the government should pay for people's healthcare if they can't afford it, although it obviously wouldn't be top-of-the-line healthcare.

>And I've heard arguments against the decrease in military spending, particularly stuff like "Other countries depend on us", but that's not really relevant because most countries don't even need protecting like that.
But that actually is true. We're obligated to protect NATO members, and a lot of European countries don't spend that much money on defense. However, the good news is that the Trump administration is trying to get European countries to spend at least 2% of their GDP on defense, so if they do that, then the US might be able to spend less on defense.

>The reason foods like soda and junk food aren't taxed, not that it would even stop people from consuming them, is because all the larger junk food companies can lobby congress to not tax those things, or even subsidize corn, therefore corn syrup therefore soda, to increase the amount of soda available to the public
True. However, in New York City they banned sodas larger than 16 fl oz. So if New York City can do that, I think other cities and states could do it as well.

>What really needs to happen is education about the nutrition and better access to healthy foods. People only eat crap because there isn't much else to eat that is cheap and filling.
I partially disagree. I drink soda a lot, but I can afford water and healthier drinks, and I know how unhealthy soda is. But I still drink it a lot because I just really like soda. Most people know how unhealthy soda is, and alternatives to soda are pretty cheap. However, people drink it anyway because it's delicious. You might be right about junk food though. Healthy food is really expensive, and most healthy food options aren't really that filling.
>>
that is true though. sure, everyone should receive basic health care either cheap or for free, but if you want top dollar treatment you have to be paying that as well. even in countries with universal health care, that's how it is
>>
>>34995014
I personally can't wait for obamacare to be repealed. It hurts the poor by forcing them to get shitty health care plans and pay premiums out of the roof
>>
>>34995887

>everyone should receive basic health care either cheap or for free

I thought it was kind of implied I live in Burgerland. Nothing is free here because capitalism says poor people deserve to die for being poor
>>
>>34995841
>But that actually is true. We're obligated to protect NATO members, and a lot of European countries don't spend that much money on defense.
I'm not saying it's not true, I'm saying that a lot of those members don't need our gigantic military budget because they don't and wouldn't use it. I'm saying that there needs to be a reallocation on funds. I'm all for getting other members to spend more on defense, but that means that the money should be funneled back into the citizens and not private endeavors that don't directly help the citizens.

>So if New York City can do that, I think other cities and states could do it as well
But that's still not addressing the main issue. It's not that manufacturers are supplying a demand that shouldn't exist, it's that the demand exists.

>However, people drink it anyway because it's delicious
Just because people know things are bad for them, doesn't mean they don't constantly and consistently underestimate the effects on the body. Caffeine is literally addictive, everybody knows this, but starbucks is still one of the major chains in America.
The reason that is so is because people underestimate the effects of what they put in their body. People know there are alternatives like water, but they don't know how addicted to soda (maybe not chemically, but psychologically) they may be
Quitting soda is hard for people because they don't realize how much soda they drink.
>>
>the quality of health care to which I am entitled

lolwut? healthcare is the same for everyone. same hospitals, doctors, machines, medicine, etc. the quality of the healthcare is the same. it's the bill you pay that is different. an illegal alien ugly mexican going to the emergency room for a broken leg is getting the same doctors and procedures as little Timothy who also broke his leg while playing lacrosse at his parents country club.
>>
You have no right to conscript doctors, nurses and other health care professionals.
>>
>>34995965
>But that's still not addressing the main issue. It's not that manufacturers are supplying a demand that shouldn't exist, it's that the demand exists.
Yes, but the demand could be reduced if the government passed laws to discourage soda consumption.

>Just because people know things are bad for them, doesn't mean they don't constantly and consistently underestimate the effects on the body. Caffeine is literally addictive, everybody knows this, but starbucks is still one of the major chains in America.
The reason that is so is because people underestimate the effects of what they put in their body. People know there are alternatives like water, but they don't know how addicted to soda (maybe not chemically, but psychologically) they may be
Quitting soda is hard for people because they don't realize how much soda they drink.
But soda clearly isn't that addictive, it just tastes really good and that's why people drink it. Also, how would you educate people on the health risks associated with soda? I just really doubt that would work. People already know how bad soda is for them.
>>
>>34995014

Maybe you shouldn't choose to get sick then? No-one has the right to force someone else to do something. Just the other day, a child was in some kind of trouble in a pond, he kept screaming "Help me! Help me!" the entitled brat, as if he had some moral right to get anyone to help him. I of course acted according to my absolute right as a free human being and let the fucker drown. The idea that someone should be forced to help someone else is the most immoral, sickening thing I can think of.

Reminds me of that time a friend of mine had an allergic reaction to a nut. "Anon, please, I'm dying, use my epipen, call an ambulance." The audacity of some people, it's awful. Fortunately that monster is 6 feet under now, so he is no longer able to oppress people the way he tried to do to me. It's a true testament to my moral character that I stood firm against his oppression.
>>
Ted Cruz BTFO commie sanders on this issue. We burgers SHOULD NOT use the failing EU or Canada as role models. Things are not going well for them.

However I would love to agree that it would be possible to provide a socialized healthcare system if we told NATO to fuck off and told countries to pay for their own militaries. But something bad could happen
>>
>>34996130
>Yes, but the demand could be reduced if the government passed laws to discourage soda consumption.
But it really doesn't discourage soda consumption
You aren't allowed to sell large sodas from soda fountains, but people can still pick up 2 liters from the store
The demand just shifts and a different market picks up the slack
Attacking the manufacturers isn't the solution to ending demand, it's assuaging the people buying the soda

>It just tastes really good and that's why people drink it
and drugs feel really good, that's why people buy drugs. That doesn't mean that people will not develop some sort of dependence on drugs, simply because you understand why people enjoy drugs. The same is with soda, obviously to a far lesser extent, but just because you can point out why people enjoy soda doesn't mean that there are no risks to drinking that much.
Education starts in school. Increasing funding to schools that adopt food education programs as persuasion.
There's also advertisements that could pop up literally anywhere.
Requiring better warnings for junk/soda probably wouldn't happen, but that's a good way to get people to buy less.
Celebrity endorsements for healthier products.
etc etc
>>
I'll solve the healthcare problem. Legalize prostitution. Tax it. All the taxes go toward basic healthcare for everyone..
>>
>>34995014
>I have a right to other people's labor and money

Why do you want slaves anon?
>>
>>34996341
>But it really doesn't discourage soda consumption
Maybe what NYC did wouldn't, but a soda tax definitely would discourage soda consumption.

>and drugs feel really good, that's why people buy drugs. That doesn't mean that people will not develop some sort of dependence on drugs, simply because you understand why people enjoy drugs. The same is with soda, obviously to a far lesser extent, but just because you can point out why people enjoy soda doesn't mean that there are no risks to drinking that much.
Well, obviously educating people on the dangers of drugs discourages people from doing drugs. But that alone isn't enough, which is why most countries have banned or decriminalized hard drugs. Likewise, although educating people on the health risks of soda will help a little bit to discourage soda consumption, it's not enough. If you really want people to stop drinking soda, you have to do something like tax soda consumption. Not only that, but educating people on the health risks associated with soda costs money, and that money has to come from somewhere. If you tax soda, then you could use some of that money to fund the education program.
>>
>>34995079
>>34995080
I'm sorry but unfortunately like all humans I'm unable to halt the aging process and the illness that inevitably comes with it.
>>
>>34995014
>entitled
>AYO GIMME DAT HEALTHCARE NIGGA SHEEEEEEIIIIIT
>>
>>34996373
Because it's in my self interest
>>
>The people running your country believe a parent has the right to slice off the most sensitive part of their son's penis because lol why not
>>
>>34996497
>Maybe what NYC did wouldn't, but a soda tax definitely would discourage soda consumption.
it really wouldn't. People didn't stop tobacco consumption until the government was forced to educate people about the dangers of tobacco. That's why there's a huge warning on every carton of cigarettes

>ell, obviously educating people on the dangers of drugs discourages people from doing drugs. But that alone isn't enough
people would still buy cigarettes if people weren't constantly exposing them to information about the dangers of smoking
compared to previous generations, basically no teens are consuming tobacco. This includes newer technologies like vaporizers.
And I'm not saying that it's not enough, my point is that it's far more effective than increasing taxation on products
People will buy less name brand soda and buy more bargain soda because the demand is still there.
>>
>>34995785

Those are COMMUNIST countries, anon. You don't want us to be like them do you?
>>
>you're entitled to free shit for existing

???
>>
>>34996657

not for existing but for submitting to society it should be part of the deal
>>
>>34995014
>Entitled to healthcare

That's funny, I just can't seem to find "Everyone gets good healthcare" in our Bill of Rights, huh.
>>
>>34996549
if by the time you are old you haven't been able to save enough money to get your arthritis pills then you really are leeching off society and should die
>>
File: leafed.jpg (203KB, 1000x677px)
leafed.jpg
203KB, 1000x677px
>>34996573
I love how cucked Americans are. Free healthcare has saved me tens of thousands of dollars and contrary to common myths the '""wait times""" are a non issue.
If I want to pay for healthcare to skip the line I have the option of going abroad, with the high wages paid to the average Canadian I can easily afford this.
Feels great living in a civilized country desu.
>>
>>34996635
>People didn't stop tobacco consumption until the government was forced to educate people about the dangers of tobacco.
True. However, I'm not saying the government shouldn't educate people on the health risks of soda, I'm just saying that in addition to that, they should be taxed. Also, even if taxing soda wouldn't decrease soda consumption, it would help raise money to educate people on the health risks of soda.
>>
>>34995014
THen kill yourself to pathetic faggot. If you don't contribute to your nation, you aren't entitled to the fucking air you breathe bitch.
>>
>>34996657
Have you read our bill of rights? People literally are entitled to things for existing in this country.
>>
No human actually deserves anything. What you have is decided by luck and violence. Justice is just violence you agree with.
>>
>>34995785
Then fucking go live there, faggot.
'merica.
>>
>>34996786
What are negative rights vs positive rights.
>>
I'd rather keep more of my own money than pay money into the government to subsidize a service I never use.

Yes, I'm selfish. No, I'm not changing the way I vote because of a shitposter online.
>>
>>34996699
Not the bill of rights, but the declaration of independence
>"Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"
>Life
Okay, so not everybody gets free healthcare, just people whose lives are endanger
>>
>>34995954
>poor people deserve to die for being poor
You do.
>>
>>34996942
Sadly our leaders are very good at brainwashing the unwashed masses to work against their own interests.
>>
>>34995118
uh

do you understand that medical care is a service that requires labor? and that you are not entitled to anyone's labor if you do not offer them something in return?
>>
I'm not asking for free health care, I'm asking for the government to use some of the money that I give them to buy me healthcare.
>>
>>34997079
I genuinely feel bad for you burgers, but I'm optimistic. I think these next 4 years will serve as a wakeup call to the American people.
>>
>>34996718

This. Ameripoors will hand their military literally trillions of dollars while bending over to take corporate kike cock deep in their assholes and still paying more overall for health care than those of us who live in first world nations that make going to the hospital free at the time of need through taxation.

How you they can call themselves a civilised nation when they can't even pull the pharmaceutical and medical corporations cocks out of their well fucked anuses is beyond comprehension.
>>
>>34997240
america stopped pretending to be civilized when it elected trump

do keep up, please
>>
>>34997240
How much do you pay in taxes? Combined, income tax is only about 30% for me and sales tax is 8%. When I lived in Canada, income tax was around 60% and sales tax was 18.5%.

I'd rather keep my money, thanks.
>>
>>34997303
>he didn't live in Alberta
wew lad do you even freedom?
>>
>>34997289

>implying it was pretending prior to that

>>34997303

Around 18% income and 12% sales.

I'd rather pay less than you and be able to go to hospital in an emergency without getting $10k + bills for things like having a cut cleaned and stitched.
>>
>>34997413
If you're paying 12% in sales tax, you're not paying less than me.
>>
>>34997482

>4% more in sales tax somehow beats me when you pay 10% more in income tax.

Riiiiiight.
>>
>>34997534
Yes, it absolutely does. I receive the money I loaned to the government via income tax back yearly. I don't get my sales tax back.
>>
>>34996851
>Then fucking go live there, faggot.
I will
>>
>>34997482
>mfw I pay only 5% sales tax
>mfw I still receive free healthcare
feel smug man
>>
File: 1487420712667.jpg (176KB, 415x462px)
1487420712667.jpg
176KB, 415x462px
>>34997564
In Canada if you qualify for a tax return you also qualify for a sales tax rebate
>>
>>34997303
>Failing this bad at maths

Canada is not a 60% taxing jristiction.
>>
>>34997625
I never received a substantial amount of returns from the Canadian government. Not only that, I'd do biweekly shopping trips in America specifically because the price of food and goods in Canada is astronomical compared to the USA. I wasn't alone in this, either. I never met a Quebecois who purchased a large product, even a Canadian one such as a Skidoo, in Canada. Everyone preferred to go to the US, because even after declaring the product to Canadian customs, it was always cheaper in the US/

>>34997635
It absolutely is. In Quebec, about 60% of my income went to the government.
>>
>>34997635
Any Canadian femanons willing to greencard marry an American robot?
[email protected]
>>
>>34997564

Do you think you're the only country in the world that has tax returns, anon? Jesus fucking Christ...

How much does your health care cost you a month? How much more would you earn and end up with in your pocket after taxes if your employer didn't take a chunk away to cover your health care?
>>
>>34995014
99% of your healthcare is just you taking care of your own health, which has almost no relationship with income in a first world country.

>gay nation
leave then, i dont understand the problem.
>>
>>34997625
>>34997635
Not only that, but Canada has some of the worst public infrastructure I've seen in my entire life. Despite the citizens getting absolutely gouged by the government, roads look like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC-Vp8zQ69Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMK0pS385cg

Compare this to an American border town, where many Quebecois visit for shopping purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WFp3AZs0_I

Canadians get absolutely fucked in terms of taxes, yet a public service that people use every day, roads, are in complete shambles.
>>
>>34997743

>taking care of your own health is receiving health care

Check this fucking idiot out.
>>
>>34997758
>tfw Quebec voted against seperation
We should really just kick them out at this point. Try living in a non shitty part of Canada.
>>
>>34997741
Not only do I receive better health care in the USA, I also take home significantly more money and consistently have much more money. Not only that, but due to the strength of the American economy, my dollar also goes significantly further as well. All goods, whether it's essentials such as food, or non-essentials such as beer, liquor and entertainment products, are much cheaper in the USA>
>>
>>34995014
Anon even Ecuador, a banana republic, has access to free health care. I'm moving out of burgerland when it's possible for me, and then I'm going to renounce my citizenship and never come back.

I'll never have to deal with stupid Americans again if I do it right.
>>
File: 1486413693251.jpg (148KB, 579x664px)
1486413693251.jpg
148KB, 579x664px
>>34997799
This
They can have Newfoundland too
>>
>>34997758
>some of the worst public infrastructure I've seen in my entire life.

And yet your infrastructure is notoriously bad, poorly maintained, and basically crumbling across the whole country to the point your last president tried to address it and you didn't care.
>>
>>34997768
most poor people still live in good health. the healthcare debate is about supply, demand, and regulations. doing something potentially better or worse doesn't mean the nation is gay, and if you think this is a big issue you're a dipshit. healthcare at any level is a million miles ahead of where we were a century ago. fuck off.
>>
>You coughed once in 1995, sorry but that's a pre-existing condition and you're not covered for your bone cancer now in 2017
>American healthcare
>>
>>34997758
>Quebec
There's your problem right there. If you're living in a shithole, move to a better place.
>>
>>34997848
Stop being reasonable, anon. This is /r9k/.
>>
>>34997799
>Try living in a non shitty part of Canada.
Try telling that to the rest of Canada, since most of your population is huddled along the border.

>>34997836
Anyone lurking this thread can see who is telling the truth. I'm posting actual evidence of poor public infrastructure, and directly comparing it to a border town which Canadians often visit for shopping trips.

You, on the other hand, are just saying. "b-but America is worse..." with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Having actually lived in both countries, I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, Canadian infrastructure is in the shitter. More closely resembles Mexico than it does America.
>>
>>34997820

>I can't or won't answer the question, have this irrelevant bullshit instead - the post

Better health care than where exactly? Tell me all about the vast experience you have with health care all over the world
>>
>>34997848

The health care debate is about an entire nation being held to ransom by kikes and how willing you are to spread your cheeks for them.
>>
>>34997892

To non-Americans, if America is not absolutely perfect, it might as well be Africa. They hate us 'cause they anus.
>>
>>34997878
Canada is the only place I've lived, and I've lived in quite a few, where an everyday conversation is likely to include tires. The fact is that the roads in Canada are so terrible, despite you giving more money to the government, that the roads eat your tires alive.

To put this in perspective, after I escaped Quebec, I had a friend who tried British Columbia. Apparently, it's no better there, either, as he now lives elsewhere as well. Again, there's a reason most of Canada lives near the border. We all understand you're trying to escape.

Just to illustrate how irrelevant Canada is, their biggest claim to fame in terms of world history, is the War of 1812. Except, Canada wasn't even a country then. Canada's biggest claim to fame is something that happened before they existed. Good job.
>>
>>34997892
Google maps tells me you are lying.
>>
File: canadian roads.png (2MB, 1442x658px)
canadian roads.png
2MB, 1442x658px
>>34997892
I'm sorry you had to live in such a shitty part of the country anon.
There's a reason Quebecois move all around the country in droves, it's basically 'murrica tier.
>>
>>34997892

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2017/01/our-crumbling-infrastructure/

>nearly 500 BILLION in repairs required immediately as part of 800 BILLION in repairs needed
>150000 bridges in danger of collapse

Would you like to go on, or do you plan on posting more videos of one town with some shitty roads?
>>
>>34997939
that's really insightful. in your world there is literally no reason for healthcare providers to compete with each other and no reason for politicians to make boatloads of money out of credit for improving the industry. except at the end of the day you'll still die.
>>
If any fags are looking to marry and move to Canada, hit me up. No girls allowed. NEETs get a hot discount.
>>
>>34997974

>this is the level of denial and fantasy Ameripoors cling to when criticised
>>
>>34995014
More crazy poor folk with guns.

Thanks Putin.
>>
>>34998048

Numerous medical equipment and pharmaceutical companies compete with each other for our money. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>34998086
>mfw you spread your butt cheeks for me for no reason
>>
File: jobcreator.jpg (13KB, 255x255px)
jobcreator.jpg
13KB, 255x255px
>tfw jewish master race
>will never know that feel when too poor for something or that feel when the government doesn't represent me
heh, nothin personal, goyim...
>>
>>34998073
I'd rather wholesale sterilization and get proper health care, honorable President King Putin
>>
>>34997988
>>34998028
Apparently third world roads aren't exclusive to Quebec. That's the pathetic thing.

http://archive.is/ytNbX
>>
>>34998117
Because those German ghettos where so ghetto fabulous?

Nigger, I actually want to kill you. Give me an address and or email.
>>
>>34998172
Bare fists too. I want you to succumb to my bodily will in full.
>>
File: catshit.png (21KB, 211x192px)
catshit.png
21KB, 211x192px
anything is better than obamacare
>>
>>34998172
>>34998223

5042 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 34441
Los Angeles, CA 90036
>>
>>34998259
I'm a Canadian and I don't really understand Obamacare. It's just insurance that poor people are forced to buy? Because everyone who isn't poor already has insurance through their work and whatnot?

It seems like it's socialized medicine except instead of making the rich, who already have insurance, pay a bunch of extra taxes (muh communism), the poor people are just paying for themselves.

The only people I've ever seen complain about Obamacare are the extremely poor and stupid, but I could be mistaken.
>>
>>34998287
Could I be as so kind to get a phone number as well?
>>
>>34998332

Don't bother, it's 4chan's accountant
>>
>>34998259
Losing your house/car to pay your medical bills 10 years from now is better than Obama care.
>>
>>34998172
Shut up goy, I did not permit you to speak to me. Do you want me to send my friends in the NSA to dispose of you?
>>
>>34998346
There are no accounts on 4chan dumbass
>>
>>34998410
Read the post again slowly
>>
>>34998400
This is the state of America.

A country in fear of freedom.
>>
>>34998438
>Animay
Shut up weeb
>>
>>34995080
>be healthy young person, fresh out of college
>get in a car accident, cancer, or shot by a random nigger one day
>be in debt for the rest of your life
USA USA WOOOO USA
>>
>>34998330
>The only people I've ever seen complain about Obamacare are the extremely poor and stupid, but I could be mistaken.
This is because you don't are enough to actually listen to the complaints of people who are against the Affordable Care Act, and similar health care propositions. The argument the right wing (mainly, Republicans and Libertarians) have is that health care costs will go down without government interference if companies are forced to compete nationally, rather than regionally. They believe, and I do as well, that competition is good for the market, and with competition, prices will drop naturally. Under current laws, competition only exists within the boundaries of the state. Opening the market up and allowing people to purchase plans from any provider from any state should drop the prices.
>>
>>34998517
At least I can read, baka
>>
>>34995079
fucking this
It's like they don't even understand the fundamentals of how a society works.

>if there is no NEED to contribute, nobody will
>decline and the collapse of society
>now NOBODY has healthcare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6t-R3pWrRw
>>
>>34998743
You good and well there aren't enough quality jobs out there.

Are we to go the way of Stallin's Russia?
>>
>>34998595
>This is because you don't are enough to actually listen
Huh?

>They believe, and I do as well, that competition is good for the market, and with competition, prices will drop naturally.
I believe this to a point. Monopolies and oligarchies are bad for everyone, but without regulations, people (and corporations) can take massive advantage of things.

A company patents a new drug that prevents a disease. Great, they spent money on R&D, they have money to recoup, that is their right. It takes years for the patent to run out, and until then, there are no "generic" alternatives to the drug. The company can then extend the patent by simply changing the formula of the drug, add something inconsequential to the mix like acetaminophen or ibuprophen.

The developed world will have no choice but to pay them, meanwhile companies that exist in India or China don't give a fuck. They will steal your "product" and make a fortune off of it. The only people hurt are the poor.

I'm no bleeding heart leftist by any means, but letting corporations run wild, unregulated, is not the answer.
>>
>>34998878
The education system is so broken, they don't even train us for the few jobs that are flourishing.

Grand changes are in order, yet your lord and savior is tweeting.
>>
>>34998929
>but letting corporations run wild, unregulated, is not the answer.
It seems like you and I would agree on this, however, it still shows our ideological differences. In my eyes, the largest corporation that is able to run wild and unregulated happens to be the government. One could argue that voting is a form of regulation, however, at this point, we're just being willfully ignorant of the deep state. This isn't something that I'm just memeing since people are just now talking about it more openly, as I was highly critical of the Washington machine during both Bush and Obama's presidency.

Under a more socialist system, you're victims of the deep state. They control prices, and control the contracts they grant. I trust someone's wallet more than I trust their ballot.
>>
>>34998929
Also, it was meant to say care, not are.
>>
>>34999059
Unbridled deregulation is a thing.. Flint, MI. The Great Lakes in general. Fracking can be a good thing, but left unchecked could be the death of us all. Workers do need basic rights.

That said, the corporate tax rate is ridiculously high.
>>
>>34999136
No one is arguing against basic rights. Freedom to engage in business deals within your own country should be a basic right.
>>
File: coulson-2-9-11-2.jpg (114KB, 500x373px)
coulson-2-9-11-2.jpg
114KB, 500x373px
>>34998945
>muh edukayshun
We should import some more brown people, i'm sure that'll fix it. Diversity is our strength!
>>
>>34999136
>>34999189
Also, about Flint, MI specifically. Let's pretend it's illegal to sell water across state lines. Now, imagine that the water crisis still happened. But, now imagine that bottled water, unless produced and distributed within the state boundaries, is the only product on the market.

In this hypothetical situation, do you think that a change to the system is justified? Do you think the people of Flint should be allowed to purchase water from neighboring states?
>>
>>34999319
The people of Flint,MI should march on Washington D.C. for clean tap water desu.
>>
>>34999380
The people of Flint MI should start shooting cops and blowing up politicians.
>>
>>34999424
I wouldn't say that Chrles, but they are deprived of basic human rights in the wealthiest country in the world.
>>
if the nation is in prosperity the cost of healthcare goes down, innovation goes up
>>
>>34995080
>>34995079
That is difficult when the disease that afflicts me is hardwired into my brain chemistry.
anybody with a chronic disease/mental disorder will know how much co-pays add up.
>>
>entitled
>to other people's labor or property

Fucking DISGUSTING.
>>
>>34996082
But the government has the right to conscript everyone else?
How does conscription during wartime not violate the 13th amendment? It's involuntary servitude
>>
Why do robots, self-described retards, think that their opinions on ethics or economics matter?

You're not entitled to anyone else's property or labor. Ever. Under any circumstances. Please fucking kill yourselves, you disgusting socialist scum.

REMINDER: KILLING COMMUNISTS IS NOT IMMORAL
>>
>>34996942
You have the right to live, agreed. But just because you have the right to live does not mean everyone else has to pay for that right. You have to fight for yourself in this country, that's the trade off. You have more freedoms at the cost of having to fight for yourself.
>>
>>34999533
I'm going to go outside and beat up the first white person I find near a dark alley thanks to your post.
>>
>>34999482
I AM entitled to a person's labor I have already paid for, through taxes or direct payment.
I AM entitled to the protection of the police, and entitled to have a fireman put out my house if it is on fire.
Now I want to extend this to healthcare.
>>
>>34999533
So the tapping of America's greatest clean water resource for Nestle's own personal use, is OK with you?
>>
>>34999581
>I AM entitled to the protection of the police

The police exist to enforce the law, not protect you. Do not trust cops.
>>
>>34999533
Same tired Objectivist slogan.
See >>34999581
>>
>>34999424
>shooting cops
For what purpose
>>
>>34995014
you dont deserve anything. if you cant afford to pay for medicine and/or doctors care because you are too poor, you should literally be left to die. sorry but youre nothing but a freeloading parasite who doesnt deserve to live
>>
>>34998743
>tumbIr picture
>>
File: 3978462958.gif (2MB, 280x211px)
3978462958.gif
2MB, 280x211px
>>34995080
>born with disability
>it's my fault
>>
>>35000366

What if you can afford to pay for healthcare because you got hired as a model as the result of your crimes, a la Jeremy Meeks?
>>
>>35000470

There was a guy on this board who used to argue that your genetic makeup IS you, and therefore you are responsible for anything genetic (because it's YOUR genetic makeup).
>>
>>34995398
If burgerclap wasn't such an ass backwards nation of idiots, ideologically against paying a Little bit toward better healthcare you wouldn't be in this situation.

But that's apparently "commie" and a "cuck" thing to do.
>>
>>35000510
Better to line them up and off them.

It's what Reagan would have wanted.
>>
>>34995014

Everything is proportional to your income. The quality of food you can afford, your neighborhood, your education. It might not be directly proportional though, the relationship is likely nonlinear.
>>
File: quattro.jpg (33KB, 258x322px)
quattro.jpg
33KB, 258x322px
>>34998743
For someone who claims to understand the "fundamentals of how a society works", you don't seem to understand the healthcare issue.

Most of the biggest economies in the world have universal healthcare and somehow this has not caused the collapse of their societies. It's almost as if having access to doctors in the same way one has access to police and firefighters doesn't eliminate the need to work and have money.
>>
>>34995014
The best argument to use is antibiotics. Antibiotics are extremely important but pharm companies don't invest in them because they make very little money. Instead they invest in things male pattern baldness because that's where they make cash. Whe healthcare is about profit it loses it's point
>>
>the people in my country believes everyone deserves "equal access" to healthcare
>which means Nadia, who immigrated last year and is on welfare with 5 kids, can have an appointment in the middle of the day and pays 0 for it
>while Paul, who paid 20% of his salary in social contributions for 30 years and can't come before 6pm due to his job, has to wait 2 months to get an appointment and will pay money for it

Fuck this soon-to-be-non-gay-once-the-muzzies-outbreed-us-and-implement-sharia-law nation.
>>
>>35001775
I never said I wasn't for systematic sterilization.
>>
File: 1461218063350.gif (1MB, 720x1100px)
1461218063350.gif
1MB, 720x1100px
>>34995014
>Fuck this gay nation
don't worry, things will change soon
>>
>>34995398
>the government should pay for it
The government doesn't pay for anything. The government holds a gun to the heads of wealthy people and forces them to give money to leeches who can't make it on their own.
Taxation is theft
>>
>His country doesn't have UHC
>Land of the free, home of the 60k debt
>>
>>34995014
>be me
>pick up a dead flying fox, throw it in the bin and think nothing of it
>find out later they carry lyssavirus (rabies), start to panic
>Calm myself down, less than 1% of bats carry the virus, there was no bite, no saliva into open wound
>Nearly a week later get what I believe is tonsillitis, GP agrees and gives me meds, don't tell him about the bat, don't want to be a pain
>Tonight, I start wondering if the flu like symptoms are not tonsillitis but rabies; now everything I'm feeling is the onset of rabies, feeling anxious
>go to ER, expect them to tell me not to worry, no bite, no problems
>They fast track me through the waiting list
I'm sitting here right now, waiting to go in. Once rabies symptoms starts there's no stopping it. It's effectively a painful death sentence. Life was horrible and now I die of rabies. Fuck God and fuck this gay earth.
>>
File: 1422137621855.jpg (41KB, 429x377px)
1422137621855.jpg
41KB, 429x377px
>Be poor
>Have to work your ass off so you have a higher risk of injury
>Receive shitty health care

>Be rich
>Hardly have to work and can afford to live healthily so less chance of getting sick
>Receive extremely good healthcare

How does this make any sense?
>>
>>35004928
>the US govt is so laissez-faire about public health that they put fluoride in the drinking water
>>
>>35005031
You sure did a stupid thing friend
>>
>>35005108
I'm worried about my mother. This will be really hard on her. I'm still telling myself this is just a misunderstanding. The nurses took me so seriously though, I expected them to tell me not to be stupid. Is this how I die? Of rabies? I always thought it would be cancer or a car accident.
>>
>>35005065
It makes sense because money is a manifestation of evolution. If you're poor you're supposed to have no kids and die.
>>
>>35005503
Except instead poor people have 12 kids and everyone lives thanks to welfare
>>
>>35005533
thanks obongo
>>
>>34998743

>Milton Friedman

If you're gonna troll you have to be a little more subtle, Anon
>>
>>35005162

Doctors treat rabies cases seriously because getting the vaccine is a time-sensitive issue. If you didn't get bitten and you didn't mouth-kiss the bat you're almost certainly fine. But doctors aren't going to have you sitting around a waiting room, they're gonna get you the shots as soon as possible.

t. had a very similar experience two years ago. Was not insured, the vaccinations cost me $13,000 out of pocket, I'm still paying it off.
>>
I have medicaid in the US and the state pays 50k+ a year on my healthcare. I don't pay a cent.

Get cucked taxpayers.
>>
>>35006658

Have fun with that once Paul Ryan and the Refucklicans turns MedicAid into a voucher system.
>>
File: aca.jpg (247KB, 989x1200px)
aca.jpg
247KB, 989x1200px
>Repealing Obamacare is only going to affect poor people with shitty insurance anyway
>>
>>34998524
>get in a car accident
just don't drive like a retard and stop jaywalking
>cancer
stop doing things that encourage cancer to develop in your body
>shot by a random nigger
stop walking around in bad neighborhoods
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.