[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self improvement

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: download.jpg (5KB, 317x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 317x159px
Hey fellow robots, is anyone else here trying to improve their life here? What areas are you trying to improve in?
>>
>>34990101
I started recently, I've been trying to run and lift and push myself out of my social comfort zone.
>>
>>34990101
I'm trying to loose weight and work on my career in music.

So far I'm down 15 pounds and I'm putting together a Jazz/Funk band to play in the city
>>
trying to gain weight and confidence

I keep obessing over an ex, and i feel the only way to forget her is to replace her, but i cant find a gf right now because i look and feel like cheese
>>
>>34990101
i just bought FFXIV
so i'll waste my time there instead of r9k
few weeks of release is what i hope for
>>
I am forcing myself to code, building a website.
Stopped smoking because lung started hurt. Now I am vaping, my health is getting better.
>>
>>34990101
I'm trying to loose weight after trying to get /fit/ over the last year. Other than that I'm trying to learn a language but my M.Sc. work has meant that I've had to give up on that (for now).
>>
>>34990350
I feel you dude.... I got my 'heart broken' like 2 days ago and I feel like SHIT. But I feel actually good about it cause I'm inspired to take action more than ever before and I'm gonna start talking to more girls
>>
>>34990101
Only thing significant I would need to approve on is definitely driving, I got my license 3 years ago but I rarely drove at all so I can only drive with someone else and would be scared shitless to drive by myself
>>
>>34990101
Bought an Erhu on amazon 2 weeks ago, been practicing that.
Cutting down on cigarettes, gone from 20 to about 6-8 a day.

I should spend less time playing video games and get back into reading and writing.
>>
>>34990537
Yeah I'm thinking about deleting all of my games.... They are dangerous in a way
>>
>>34990407
For me the main spark for self-improving was the sudden feeling of inadequacy after getting oneitis for the first time in 7 years. I'm really setting myself up for heartbreak aren't I
>>
Sharks are one of the most beautiful creatures on earth, they are real killing machines, it's like a feat of engineering.

Back on topic.
I've been trying for at least a year, but I can't say I've gotten anywhere. After a few months of excercising every day, I slacked every day of this week. I am as lonely as always and I still don't know how I'll make money once I'm out of here (and I'm dying to get out). I am also browsing shitty imageboards instead of reading that book that I just found.
I try, honestly, but I really can't say I'm any better than I was one year ago.
>>
>>34990627
plus, I am starting to long for some sort of relationship after having given up, but I have L I T E R A L L Y N O T H I N G that would make me attractive to any woman as boyfriend (or what-fucking-ever) material.
I'd say I'm at my worst.
>>
>>34990627
Dude you need to try harder! I'm no person to say this cause I'm not trying hard enough myself, but I'm really trying to do so.

>>34990625
Dude that's exactly it, I didn't actually thing that I could fall in love so hard but damn I was wrong... This is the strongest feeling I've ever had and I'm gonna do my best not to feel like shit again.
>>
>>34990760
Sounds like you need the similar kind of improvement I do

>getting my shit together and getting a fucking life
>building more confidence
>getting better with women in general
>>
>>34990770
>I didn't actually thing that I could fall in love so hard but damn I was wrong
iktf, I haven't been rejected yet though, I'm just biding my time and working on myself for the next few months. Which is why this is really going to suck if the answer is still a no anyway.
>>
>>34991031
Lmao dude, I haven't get rejected either, I was too pussy to make the critical step further, and I kind of had a great chance, but damn....pussines... Anyways I kind of rejected myself with overthinking it lol

Btw, few months is a LONG fucking time, chances are you are already in the 'friendzone', don't get all down of you get rejected, keep working on yourself.

>i can say the same words to myself
>>
File: the best troll of all.jpg (86KB, 343x640px) Image search: [Google]
the best troll of all.jpg
86KB, 343x640px
>>34990101
>self improvment

we robots are broken unfixable men (emphisis on MEN not knaveish females) get out you fucking normie.
>>
>>34991154
I strongly believe anyone can get a better grip on life, but only a few are willing to do it. It is your choice to be unfixable man.
>>
File: forcedexpressionwojak.png (233KB, 568x590px) Image search: [Google]
forcedexpressionwojak.png
233KB, 568x590px
>>34991198
>choice
>choice
>>
>work out 3x a week
>trying to eat more healthy
>trying to get back into cooking more often
>want to put more work into uni but its fucking hard
>>
>>34991092
>Btw, few months is a LONG fucking time, chances are you are already in the 'friendzone'
Well, waiting is all I can do anyway because I went and cucked myself with a girl who already had a boyfriend. All my other attempts to move on and pursue other girls ended up the same way and now I'm in too deep with this oneitis. So I might as well get into lifting and see where things are in a few months.
>>
>>34991247
What stops you from achieving what you want? Being a little pussy who doesn't want to do the hard work, go out, work out, face your fears... Yeah you choose to be a pussy so you will rationalize and come out with an excuse.

>you can do it by the way
>>
>>34991273
Get some 'game' by the way, it helps
>>
File: pepe of extreame dread.jpg (53KB, 389x366px) Image search: [Google]
pepe of extreame dread.jpg
53KB, 389x366px
>>34991332
shut the fucking fuck up chad go do a TED talk on confidence you fucking normie.
>>
>>34991383

Just read this >>34991332 again
>>
>>34990101
I try all kinds of stuff. I read books. Scientific books mostly. eg. that I read now is "Guns, germs and steel" by Jared Diamond. Running, lifting, workouts is also the areas I put myself in. I've made and broke many realtionships with people irl and online. So more recently I try to reconcile with them and restore old friendships. The problem is I never got past the few months deadline on any of this. It's always the new year, new me meme and then I stumble upon my old habits and flaws. Tho, I'm planning to either make shit work with myself in this year or kill myself, so we will see.
>>
>>34991762
also nofap 2 months and I don't drink soda drinks. Maybe that would help
>>
>>34991762
> Tho, I'm planning to either make shit work with myself in this year or kill myself, so we will see.

KEK

Yeah bro I know exactly what you are talking about, that's my main problem. I'm actively trying to fix this right now, I'm also on nofap, and I had this really bad experience of falling in love and not getting the girl I could've gotten if I were a slightly better version of myself.

My plan is to do shit that I plan 5 days a week and have 2 days off, and every time I try to avoid the things I said I'll do, I'm just going to remind myself of that awful, awful feeling...

I'm fucking DOING it this time, I wish the best to you too.

>motivation is shit, discipline is THE shit
>>
>>34992012
Thanks! We will make it! :)
>>
>>34990288
Going to just make a passing suggestion:

Lifting is over-rated. It's good to try and get in shape but standing in the same spot putting strain on the same muscles over and over is pretty unwieldy.

Exercises that genuinely tax your whole body (like cardio) will both get you in better shape and get you a body that doesn't look weird and disproportionate.
>>
File: 3.jpg (32KB, 940x527px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
32KB, 940x527px
>>34990101
>What areas are you trying to improve in?
Sharkposting
>>
>>34991332

No, he didn't choose to. It would imply he has a free will, which none of us have. I'm going to the gym at the exact same time, exact same days every week and I don't have a choice in the matter either, my body just decided to do it because of external stimuli.

> We are all just passengers
> Gotta enjoy this life from the backseat brah

> In case someone wonders, I'm not typing this text voluntarily, my body is making me do it
>>
File: swimordie.jpg (732KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
swimordie.jpg
732KB, 1920x1080px
>>34992910
Great dude, sharks are pretty awesome, whenever I see a shark I remember the swim or die phrase and it gets me going
>>
During the past year I've:

-Quit smoking
-Lost 10 lbs (wasn't really overweight, just needed to lose a few).
-Started running 4 miles every other day through hills.
-Started cooking all of my own meals from scratch.
-Eat only whole foods.
-Working on an album.

I'm exactly where I was when I started, though I do feel a lot better, physically than I used to.
>>
>>34993012
It's not really a choice until you realize that you have the possibility to change and you decide to do nothing about it
>>
File: index.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
>>34993247

The way I see it, we're like the Robots in Asimov novels, we have conflicting impulses to do A, B and C, and either the strongest impulse wins (I must protect humans > I must obey humans, the Robot will rather disobey than harm someone) or we find a way to compromize and satisfy each impulse (human asks the Robot to do something dangerous, Robot will explain it's dangerous and ask for confirmation before complying, effectively obeying Laws 2 and 3).

Basically what I'm saying is, when someone decide to suddenly "just do something about it" (what they call Quantum Change in psychology), they have actually make up their mind before (through tens if not hundreds of small impulses, micro decisions, feelings), they just aren't conscious of it yet.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.