[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City dwelling robots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: chicago.jpg (65KB, 550x331px) Image search: [Google]
chicago.jpg
65KB, 550x331px
Any robots live in a big city or downtown area? Discuss what you think of it.

I currently live in a nice suburb and I'm thinking of moving to the city despite being a robot. I'm just bored and lonely here and I'm paying a good amount in rent already just to watch TV and play video games. Feels like I'm wasting the good years away.
>>
>>34989292

Originalio bump
>>
I live in koreatown, just west of downtown LA. It's pretty cool being around everything, and seeing all these hot young women
>>
>>34989292
If I do that, I know I'll never make friends but I'm already like that in the suburbs.
I'd love to be able to wander around the city at night, go to bars and diners alone.
>>
>>34989292
Downtown Phoenix. I've lived in the sprawling outlying cities of downtown my whole life, but living in the city is a huge difference. In the past 3 years I've gotten to know my community pretty well. Everywhere I go people say good morning and wave and smile at me. There's live music every night of the week and by standing around and listening awkwardly to music I like I've met a lot of people.

I find it pretty hard to not be normie when the city is swimming with life at all times.
>>
File: 1461938211381.jpg (75KB, 1013x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1461938211381.jpg
75KB, 1013x1072px
>>34989292
I used to live in Manhattan

I miss it
>>
>>34989292
I live in the Center of 2 Million People City. I hate every second of it. I haven't seen a forest or a beach in years because I don't have time and Money for vactions. Just depressing.
>>
>>34990623

Lives in the city and poor

So are you a nigger or a spic?
>>
>>34989292
idk how the fuck people who grew up in a city became robots but i just moved to oslo (1million people), hoping this will throw me out of the neet life.
>>
>>34990777
neither but I basically live in Little Istanbul
>>
>>34989292
Cities are great for robots. I regret being forced to move away. I'll be back one day.
>>
>>34990801
I'm literally doing the exact same thing later this year. Moving to Oslo to escape the robot life.
>>
>>34991292
hvor bor du naa?
>>
>>34989292
I had a nice place in manhattan before the rent control cracked down on me now i live with my great aunt in brooklyn
>>
File: 1457663380757.png (34KB, 822x899px) Image search: [Google]
1457663380757.png
34KB, 822x899px
>>34992104
hello, I'm this anon:
>>34990554

at least you still live in new york
>>
>>34989292
I live in Toronto. I like the convenience of being able to walk places. Cities are better for robots than suburbs or small towns because there are so many people none of them care about you so you have a lot more anonymity. Being recognized when you go outside is shameful and uncomfortable.
>>
>>34992960
I'm in Toronto and I feel the same way.
>>
Live in central east Austin, which is maybe a little smaller than yr thinking but high density of young people (seriously one of the youngest cities in USA) means it feels pretty busy when yr out.

I like being able to ride my bike everywhere and go see music whenever I want. I dont have many friends here but it doesnt really matter, theres a ton of stuff to do.

As the other guy mentioned it really is great to see a lot of the gorgeous girls walking around. Kind of masochistic desu tho.
>>
File: IMG_20161012_163128.jpg (1MB, 2160x2160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161012_163128.jpg
1MB, 2160x2160px
The OP pic seems like its from Chicago. I am from Chicago and its pretty comfy here as long as you stay near Wabash and Michigan Av.

pic related, view from my apt
>>
>>34989292
moved from suburbs to the city
>feels even lonelier
>nobody knows you
>a lot of things to do
>things that would be better to do with company instead of alone
>>
>>34994499
Naw senpai just get into a scene.

Music scene, film scene, whatever and just go to every event and you'll make friends
>>
>>34990465
You have kik?

Mine is chi.phx I live in the valley too.
>>
OP checking in, thought the thread died. Thanks for all replies robots. Seems like it may be a decent idea.

>>34994413
What neighborhood is that? Looks comfy. I'm thinking about Lincoln Park because my job would likely be downtown. Or maybe forget the actual city and go Evanston. Definitely want a nicer neighborhood with young people and I'd be cool paying up to maybe 1300 a month.
>>
>>34989292

It has its perks.

I wouldn't know how to survive without three supermarkets, six different fast food restaurants and minimarkets like stars in the sky, all within about three blocs.
>>
File: IMG_1224.jpg (250KB, 1080x1348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1224.jpg
250KB, 1080x1348px
>>34989292
I used to live in a suburb near LA, but Id go into the city pretty often with my friends and girlfriend on a school night and just have fun. Then we all split apart when college happened and now I'm a robot.

Pic related; LA gets trashed on constantly but it was a huge part of my life growing up
>>
File: IMG_20161108_135848.jpg (2MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161108_135848.jpg
2MB, 2160x3840px
>>34994586
I live near South Loop. Right on State St.
>>
File: wojak.png (47KB, 320x387px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
47KB, 320x387px
My dream is to get a nice studio apartment or loft in a big city (Chicago, New York, etc.).

And have floor to ceiling windows so I could just sit all day and watch the city.
>>
>>34990465
Do you live in actual downtown or in the roosevelt midtown area? Where do you see live music? Crescent ballroom?
>>
>>34994549
i'll look into it, thanks famtron
i saw this site called meetup and i might go to an event from there
>>
>>34994695
Is it a hassle ever being in such a congested area? What do you pay per month? I'm paying $1,100 in the burbs right now for a 1 BR
>>
>>34994795
same thing. there are apartments in elgin for $700. I don't mind. the reason my mine is so cheap is because its where a bunch of arts students live too. but im going to live with my parents soon because im only 19 and i shared an adjustment with someone i find on cl. i saved up money to live here
>>
I live outside of a city wished I lived in the country
>>
i moved from downtown atlanta to manhattan

if you are fine paying a lot of money to live in a big city it's nice. you get to pretty much be anonymous and blend into large crowds which is fun, plus everything's pretty convenient

one nice thing about nyc that wasn't as true in atlanta is that you take public transportation everywhere so you can actually get stupid drunk at a bar or a party and not have to worry about DUIing yourself to get back home

in general it only makes sense to move anywhere if there's some reason you're moving (a job? school?). if you're just moving somewhere with the expectation that you'll find something to do once you get there, you will fail
>>
>>34989292

i live in downtown San Antonio in a loft on the river walk and it's okay; nothing special. The ambiance is nice: tourists, restaurants, protesters, corporate events, open air concerts, famous people about. Feels like I'm in another country on vacation sometimes with how San Antonians are really only concerned about eating, drinking and partying.

The street beggars and bums are a bit irritating, but due to the nature of San Antonio being a huge tourist destination, that's always going to be a problem.

Oddly enough, non of the people in my tiny building are party animals. Everyone here is just about a robot, but mostly interesting once you get to talk to them.
>>
>have to walk everywhere or take the bus
>everything is more expensive
>can't own a car unless you're rich
>rent forces you to get a roommate unless you're rich
>basically no real advantages over a normal city
It's okay but it makes no sense unless you don't care about money.
>>
>>34996065
>one nice thing about nyc that wasn't as true in atlanta is that you take public transportation everywhere so you can actually get stupid drunk at a bar or a party and not have to worry about DUIing yourself to get back home
Why would a robot be going to a bar?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.