[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can we know?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 572e0e11c46188b5058b45c0.jpg (95KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
572e0e11c46188b5058b45c0.jpg
95KB, 900x500px
What do we know? what can we know for sure?

Ever since I was little I found existence itself a very weird concept.

Nothing is supposed to exist, it would have to come from something, and yet something exists, obviously.

We know that something exists, but beyond that, what can we be sure of?

Religions are useless in answering such questions, and atheism simply can't fill the void such questions cause.

So, what is this reality?
>>
File: lXAc5ap.gif (714KB, 512x384px)
lXAc5ap.gif
714KB, 512x384px
>>34986295

Reality is unique to the being interpreting it. What one experiences cannot be said for others. My red could be your blue.
>>
>>34986295
I honestly don't know.
>>
>>34986295
The power of belief is strong, and I think it has a big part in shaping our universe.

For example: close your eyes and imagine the taste of salt. Now pretend you have a salt shaker in your hand, and shake it into your mouth. You start to taste it.

Do it in front of people so they can experience it too.
>>
>>34986298
They might experience seeing me being sent to a mental hospital if I do that.
>>
>>34986299
It's supposed to look like you're gargling dongs.

Perception vs experience and all that too.
>>
>>34986295
Not only do we not know, it is impossible to know at all. Concern yourself with more tangible events, because your brain sure as hell can't comprehend this reality.
>>
>>34986301
Sadly you might be right.
>>
This is honestly the deepest question anyone can ask. Why is there something instead of nothing?
>>
>>34986295
before the big bang how was there even a big empty space? where did the nothing come from?
>>
>>34986295
Fuck off back to your Philosophy 101 course, buddy.
>>
>>34986296
...and /thread. That was fast.
>>
>>34986295
The concerns you have is what made me extremely interested interested in Lovecraft. The idea that the world is so immense and unexplainable that simply seeing a morsel of the truth is enough to drive a man crazy. Our minds just cannot comprehend reality or existence.
>>
FUCKING NIGGERS

SIEG HEIL
>>
The only things we can know for sure is that OP is a faggot and /pol/ is always right
>>
i wish you weren't allowed to post on the internet if you were under 18
>>
>>34986345
Cause asking questions is just for kids?
>>
>>34986295
>Existance came from a field
>there were perturbations in the field
>these perturbations interacted with each other
>this produces all kinds of new perturbation waves and all existing things are madre
>matter, energy and spirit are made of perturbations in the same field

This is all we know, from where this field came from? Who knows, how the first perturbation was made? Who knows, What is beyond the field? And beyond that beyond? Who fucking knows, existence is a very weird thing.
>>
>>34986303
>Why is there something instead of nothing?

Why should there be nothing instead of something? Why should nothing be the nature of life, rather than everything being the nature?

That said, I would say both exist simultaneously, and we can't have one without the other. The "I", the thinker that thinks your thoughts, doesn't exist. So really, you don't exist. YOU are the nothing, experiencing the something.
>>
>>34986295
Human knowledge is limited. This something presents itself in a way humans would think it is nothing. I still believe though, that there is more to this world than we humans can ever perceive.
>>
>>34986734
>killed the thread on my birthday
>tfw
>>
>>34986305

Feel free to impress us with a more important question and your original take on it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.