[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to your teenage dream?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (111KB, 720x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 720x633px
Whatever happened to your teenage dream?
>>
I don't think I ever actually had one. At least not like in the movies where kids dream of being astronauts or something.

I guess I wanted to be an athlete, I'd have loved to have been a rugby player. Dad killed that dream immediately, telling me I'd be crushed by bigger kids and that my local club wouldn't want beginners.
>>
>>34986214
Wanted to be a famous actor, people convinced me it was impossible so I chose a job in a car dealer ship instead and here I am... Fuck me
>>
It's become impossible to achieve at this point. Now I just exist in a state of perpetual frustration as I see my friends and family achieve theirs.
>>
>>34986318
That's sad as shit
>>
its impossible to become a girl
>>
Swallowed by the bottomless pit of oblivion, just like everything else will be.
>>
I never had one, I wish I did because then I might have actually had some direction in life.
>>
File: 1414236111551.jpg (16KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1414236111551.jpg
16KB, 500x368px
>did have any dreams
>still didn't manage to achieve them
>>
I just want to be a mathematician
>>
My teenage dream was almost realized until they found me and locked me away in a hospital.
>>
>>34986214
I wanted to be an animal doctor in middleschool, then I realized animals are inferior creatures good only as slaves or meat
>>
File: 1469575642714.jpg (213KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1469575642714.jpg
213KB, 1920x1040px
>>34986214
I never had a concrete one. I liked shonen, JRPGs and misc. adventure. I didn't like camping or hiking. I started getting /fit/ as a teen. Long story short, weight lifting turned into martial arts which I still practice today.

I make a conscious effort to never discuss work with people outside of work. Work is what I do so I can afford to do what my life is about. It will never be satisfying to define myself with a job/career/odd jobs/prostitution ring.

If I can afford to live without work, then I won't work. I don't care where that puts me in comparison to my peers. My best friend died, another got a DUI and I know a girl who became an alcoholic. I will never be in last place.
>>
Moved the goalpost, from doctor to PT
>>
>>34986314
Why not just be an actor instead? Going into acting with the expectation of fame is the wrong way to go about it.
>>
i want a big family and a loving wife. I want to see my happy children come home from school. I want to be a firm disciplining hand to my wifes soft consolation. I want to mould them into model human beings in a way which was never done with me. I want to watch them grow up and be successful.
>>
>wanted to make video games
>now an indie dev making a video game
Yay
>>
>>34986747
>indie dev

please don't gentrify our board
>>
"Eh, I have time for that tomorrow"

It's tomorrow now and suddenly it's gone and the only thing life is offering is 9 to 5 monotone work and washed up people who only have fun by drinking alcohol and virtue-signaling

At least I have the compulsory armed forces to look forward to, but I have literally 0 purpose in my life after that year is done.

I waited for my teenage years all my life. I never actually thought of things beyond that. They actually weren't that bad through 13-16, but I missed out on so many things I could have had and never got the chance to have them again the rest of my teens were just apathetic and boring.
>>
>>34986214
I pursued my dream anon, but then I realised despite obtaining the appropriate qualifications and experience the entire profession was impossible to break into without the help of nepotism/wealth.
>>
>>34986214
My dream was to develop grand strat / rts games.
Yes I unironically wanted to do this.
>>
Never had one. Now my life is better than I could have imagined.
>>
>>34986721
So how close are you to achieving that?
>>
>>34986214
I wanted to be a writer.
It's one of those dreams where you can actually do it at any time, so I got lucky that way at least. I don't think about it very much anymore though and I just don't give a shit about most things other than the people that I know, that have been my longtime friends.
>>
>>34986914
Its harder then I thought. I have sound ideas and can express myself well but I'm too ADHD to actually sit down and write for hours on end. The most I can manage is about a paragraph and hour.
>>
I wanted to make cool atmospheric black metal and perform it live. It's not that hard to achieve really, I'm just a perfectionist and never release anything.

One day...
>>
>>34986856
im here so guess.

Actually given the current state of /r9k/ its forgivable. No where near. Im a 21 year old khv. I dont know what i do wrong, i look ok, im clean and shaven, im not fat, i have interests besides anime and vidya but somewhere along the line i fell off the train and became a failed normie.

Accepting a washed up stacy whos done with the cock carousel would be the thing which killed me. I honestly think i would just off myself if i married that.
>>
>>34986952
I can write a lot and have the attention to do pretty much anything for hours on end except for read a novel (pretty ironic). The reason I don't read as much anymore though is not because I don't enjoy it, but because the picture of everything in my head is not as vivid and perfect as it used to be when I was younger.
Also the reason I don't write at least right now is because I look back on my life and all of my ideas for fiction were extremely derivative of other things I liked whether they were movies, stories, or games.
I don't try to get down on myself but I can see pretty clearly that I don't have many original ideas when it comes to fiction.
>>
>>34986214
They died the day I realised I will die alone and miserable.
>>
>>34986459
Im in the same boat as you. Are you still pursuing that dream?
>>
File: 1471808625869s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471808625869s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>always wanted to be an artist
>favourite thing was drawing
>was good
>would love when it rained at school so I could stay in and draw
>kids would ask me to draw them stuff to colour in
>would paint the displays in the school an the teachers request
>won the school art award
>went to high school
>continued to improve
>never had any other dreams than something to do with art
>always thought it would end up being my career
>8th grade
>my grades start suffering as i become unhappy in school
>my dad yells at me
>says i'll never be an artist
>tells me i'm living in a fairy tale if think It's ever gonna happen
>goes on like this for 10 minutes ripping me to shreds
>believe him
>stop doing anything artistic
>try and rekindle it later on but it's never the same
>tfw I lost my passion for the only thing I was any good at

Fuck you Dad. You alcoholic piece of shit.
>>
I wanted to be an artist of some sort. Drawing, Painting, Film-making, Animation, Sculpting, just something like that that I thought would be a good creative outlet for me.
>>
I've never had dreams.
>>
I just wanted to be happy and now I am not even sure that happiness even exists. You may be satisfied with life but happiness only happens in very short bursts which have one hell of a comedown. I often think about killing myself because at least then I wouldn't have to worry about any of this bullshit.
Not sad anymore just tired.
>>
>>34986459
This dream currently lingers inside me too. I think most of my aspirations come from a desire to overcome the failures of my past. I've never been good at math, so I want to really master it and be recognized for doing it. I was a poor student, so I want to have some sort of notable academic achievement.

I think I just want to be a greater person than I'm capable of being, and my inability to do just that is driving me mad.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.