[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are politics the new religion?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1486698091903.jpg (269KB, 1200x748px) Image search: [Google]
1486698091903.jpg
269KB, 1200x748px
Are politics the new religion?
>>
He's Ewing a croc
>>
>>34983432

Nah. Politics were more popular 40 years ago, desu.
>>
File: 1487336374922.gif (74KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1487336374922.gif
74KB, 480x270px
>>34983432
>oh haha the croc is eating a croc! xD
that's an American Alligator you ignorant unfunny piece of shit
>>
>>34983476
Yeah I guess the 60s and early 70s politics was a pretty big deal.
But I've never felt the country this polarized before, it feels like its two religions fighting about baseless opinions
>>
>>34983432
Are c(r)ocks the new fashion?
>>
>>34983492
>that response
>that picture

And you wonder why no one likes you
>>
>>34983519
I thought it was cute
>>
>politics
>religion

they are two completely different things you fucking moron
>>
>>34983432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk8ibrfXvpQ

nope, it's still ideology
>>
>>34983727
>both are concerned with imposing rules upon people and dictating the ethical standards
>>34983753
*rubs nose*
>>
>>34983531
>2dpd
>cute
>>
>>34983432
Veganism is the new atheism.
>>
>>34983727
>religion
>give meaning to certain things
>tells you what's good or bad

>politics
>give meaning to certain things
>tells you what's good or bad

it serves the same purpose
>>
>>34983492
Noone likes you stupid weeb scum
>>
Yes because broadly speaking two camps have emerged which are unwilling to debate each other, shout each other down without ever providing factual evidence and will blindly follow what their superiors tell them to do. In my entire life I have never seen politics as divided as it is now, its quite terrifying.
>>
>>34983432
No, because politics are about things that are real.
>>
>>34984401
wrong >:(( <---double chin original comment
>>
>>34983498
I'm an independent, but you can pretty much put all the blame on republicans at this point. They WANT America to be angry at each other. Everyone else wants unity to some extent, but republicans go out looking for fights and then claim to be the victim whenever they lose (and sometimes when they win).
>>
Politics are similar to religion in the sense that both are fields of ideas where commoners with zero clue are free to express their "ideas" to the public. If politics were a true science, commoners would be blown the fuck out by actual scientists entering public fora.
>>
Are you serious? You know America has had a literal civil war before right? We've been involved in world wars. The current climate is nothing compared to the political blowouts of the past.
>>
>>34983432
>Are politics the new religion?
No, Religion and Politics are one in the same, control methods tyrants use to bend populations to their will. Politics is what happens when Religion degenerates under the scrutiny of scientific inquiry.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.