[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just spent my last $800 on camping gear from amazon >getting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: endme.png (271KB, 468x469px) Image search: [Google]
endme.png
271KB, 468x469px
>just spent my last $800 on camping gear from amazon
>getting evicted by the end of the month
>car getting repoed
>going to become full /innawoods/ by next week
>never gone camping a day in my life

how fucked am I?
>>
You'll love it!

You spent too much though.
>>
>>34980640
I'm on the shitter now, but if the thread doesn't get 404'd in the next 5 minutes, then I'll hook you up with ebooks about living in the woods, treating small injuries, etc.
>>
>>34980662
how so? I have literally no camping supplies m8
>>
>>34980772
You would've bought stuff that you wont need for $800.

All you need is a fry pan, a billy, a knife, a knife sharpener, a mat, tent and sleeping bag.
>>
>>34980751
wew. i would actually really appreciate this lad. i got two books from amazon, bushcraft 101 and one about various shelter creating techniques. can you include something about knots, considering I might end up having to become an hero if I fuck this up
>>
>>34980640
What'd you buy bro? Just screencap your Amazon order email confirmation or something, blurring out your details of course.

Genuinely curious.
>>
>>34980640
All you really need for camping gear is a tarp and sturdy rope to make a lean-to. Take all that camping gear back and get a refund
>>
>>34980640
Have you asked the /out/ist what to do already? There's a homelessness General there. Seems actually kinda comfy as a Lifestyle if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>34980789
tent + sleeping bag + foam padding (150)
backpack (80)
saw, knife, axe, shovel, sharpeners, files(100)
MREs + dehydrated eggs (100)
cookware, medkits, fishing supplies, multitools, emergency blanket, canteens, and misc. items make up the rest

+ I need decent shoes
>>
>>34980832
its all separated into different shipments and i got like 34 items that would require too many screenshots. i can copy pasta though if you really want
>>34980841
did you not read OP? I'm a fucking newfaggot who would surely die with only a tarp.
>>34980893
they actually told me I'm a NEET faggot and that I'm going to get myself killed.
>>
>>34980899
Do you know how to use any of those items beyond reading a book about them?
>>
Try seducing housecats or small animals then smash their head with a brick
instant nourishment, instant sexual gratification
>>
>>34980899
what are you realistically actually going to use the saw and axe for?
>>
>>34980981
no. and i haven't even read a book about them yet. how would the average shut-in NEET fare if he was suddenly thrust out into the unforgiving wilderness? I'm going to find out for all of us.
>>34981021
firewood. making shelter. clearing brush. emergency amputations. who the fuck goes into the brush for a long period of time without an axe and/or saw?
>>
File: 1471539496535.png (178KB, 409x406px)
1471539496535.png
178KB, 409x406px
>>34980751
this anon really let me down
>>
>>34981058
but you don't know how to do any of those things, why are you going to be homeless in the woods where there's no food when you could be homeless in a city?
>>
>>34981417
one is a noble pursuit of a return to man's primitive natural state and the other is just degenerate laziness and beggary. hmmmmm
>>
>>34981564
Theres nothing noble in being forced to do either. Don't let your ego convince you that you would be better off in the woods.
>>
>>34981417
He probably wants to die anyway, might as well experience some excitement before he gets eaten by wild pigs.
>>
What do you intend to do about food and water op? You need to set up in the right kind of woods. Also unless you're a phoneposter what will you do about your laptop/pc
>>
Is it illegal to live in the woods?
>>
Very fucked. Do you live in a cold area?
>>
>>34980640
Now you must become bear grylls
>>
OP can we know your general location so that we can see the newspaper article.

>Young man found dead in woods. 2 miles from civilization.
>Cause of death feels of no gf
>>
>>34980899

Where the fuck are you planning to fish OP? I think you've got a cartoon version of the camping life in your head.

You've never gone camping before but you're going to catch a fish, prepare it and then cook it just like that? Do you even know what kinds of fish are good to eat? Your gonna catch some fat smelly carp or something and get covered in slimy fish guts trying to gut it or something.

sorry OP but you didn't think this through.
>>
OP

Since you still have internet, go and watch Primitive Technology on youtube. Watch all of his videos (20ish I think). He can show you how to make basic survival things.
>>
>>34981564

OP you need to listen just in case you actually do this dumb shit.

The woods is not some bountiful bread basket filled with wild berries and cooked slabs of deer meat. It's just fucking wilderness with nothing in it as far as the average person is concerned.

Don't go wandering into the woods OP seriously, you will fucking die out there from starvation unless you know what you're doing. There are so many cases of people doing what you are planning to do, they all end up starving to death because there just isn't enough resources for them.

If you really plan to do this you need to know what you're doing. Yes, it is possible. There have been plenty of cases of "wild men" being discovered in national parks. But this isn't one of those "learn as you go" sorts of things. The moment you step foot into the woods the clock is going to be ticking down on things like your hydration and hunger. You can't learn to fucking fish when you're shaking from the cold and two days without food OP. You need to know what you're doing the moment you step into the woods, and you don't.
>>
>>34980640
>>34982197

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAL3JXZSzSm8AlZyD3nQdBA

Watch this guy's videos OP

He's a genius. I think he explains more thoroughly in the comments too.
>>
>>34980970
>they actually told me I'm a NEET faggot and that I'm going to get myself killed.
Have you considered listening to them?
>>
You'd kill yourself going /innawoods/ without any prior experience.

Why don't you just keep your last bit of cash and try going to homeless shelter? Except if you're planning to kys with going to woods knowing nothing since the start.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.