[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I abstain from evil thoughts?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 1486271106677.jpg (193KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
1486271106677.jpg
193KB, 676x673px
How do I abstain from evil thoughts?
>>
>>34973470
this thread will be underated

You don't, you find people with the same thoughts and you watch the world burn, together. Wanna be my friend?
>>
You indulge in them and realize how stupid and pointless it is
>>
>>34973497
Thank you, but I'd rather suffer alone if that is my only course of action.
>>34973531
I already recognize the demons I need to cast out, and I can abstain from evil actions. But the evil thoughts are strong and I am afraid they will break me.
>>
File: 1482497623438.gif (1MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1482497623438.gif
1MB, 500x391px
>>34973611
I know this feel, just find a hobby or something.
Maybe you could pick up a guitar and make some black metal.
>>
this >>34973531
cynicism isn't realism

For example I wish it were true that penicillin could cure bacterial infections, and it does barring a few cases like antibiotic resistant superbugs. Someone edgy might say "this is wishful thinking therefore it is not true", however it just so happens that reality correlates with what I want.

We have a tendency to think wishfully, but denying yourself penicillin is just plain irrational. In the end everything boils down to being objective and reasonable.

To use a normy platitude "you have to be honest with yourself". You should have open ears but a closed mind, you don't have to agree with everything people say, in fact you shouldn't, but you ough to listen to them. You need to maintain that connection with reality so you don't become spooked. That is the right attitude I think.
>>
Replace them with morally positive actions/thoughts. Exercise your willpower and marvel as neuroplasticity paves a new and healthier reward pathway in your brain structured around goodness.
>>
File: 1467692810959.jpg (132KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1467692810959.jpg
132KB, 1456x1108px
You don't. I was on the CF train for a while but eventually realized we're fucked. There's no point to trying to be a pure person anymore. You can't do it. We live in the modern world, we live in Sodom. The best we can do is not be completely disgusting and reject death when we can. The best we can do is be Lot and offer our daughters to be raped instead of our guest Angels.
>>
What is this CF thing? All I'm finding is cystic fibrosis but I like what he says in the OP image
>>
File: Finish closed.jpg (46KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
Finish closed.jpg
46KB, 960x716px
>>34973921
Common Filth is a Christian YouTube guy who hosts a weekly podcast and does videos exposing societal degradation.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.