[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wagecuck General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: 1485548540130.jpg (43KB, 688x456px) Image search: [Google]
1485548540130.jpg
43KB, 688x456px
This is a thread for all wagies to vent about their frustrations on the job. Tell us what has been bothering you, and maybe get some advice from a fellow robot.

>job
>shift
>pros
>cons
>robot-friendly?
>>
I just don't like being in a zero hours situation. I never know whether there'll be work, when or how much. It means I can't plan or do much of anything.
>>
>pizza delivery
>weekend shifts mostly, 6-10 hours

Pros
>payed cash every night, usually over 100 if I work 8 hrs or so. No tax bc I'm not a cuck
>can shitposting on r9k if no delivery and dishes done
>free (good) pizza
>only like 8 people work here (4/5 at a time)
>boss is chill
>get to drive around at night and listen to music
>can smoke weed occassionally
>only have to deal with a person for 5 mins at a time, helps quell autism to talk to people and not be perceived strange

Cons
>in ghetto, niggers everywhere
>have to do dishes
>sometimes boring
>can't understand half the people here bc accents
>>
File: ace.png (650KB, 3240x2045px)
ace.png
650KB, 3240x2045px
>job
lawyer

>shift
10am-2am pretty much every day except Sunday

>pros
$$$$. Can afford very high end esc0rts.

>cons
Long af hours. Had to slog through 7 years of post-secondary education to get into the industry. Also getting a job is based on irrelevant considerations like where you went to school rather than actual merit.

>robot-friendly?
Yeah, believe it or not most lawyers in top law firms are beta cucks with no personality. TV legal dramas lied.
>>
>military cartographer
>730-6 mon-thu
>get to make maps all day which is what i do in my free time anyway
>only make 48k/year, but after i finish 1 year should get a raise
>also only get 3 weeks pto
>literally anybody can do this job after learning to use arcgis
>>
>>34969730
>job
Hospital admin
>shift
9-5
>pros
Great coworkers, as interesting as admin could be, lots of potential for growth, good money
>cons
Can be very stressful
>robot-friendly?
Not really
I was posting in another job thread. My boss can go between "Don't ask me I just a girl" to playing 7d chess in the ethereal plane in a second.
>>
>>34969879
What kind of car do you drive pham? I was thinking about applying to be a delivery driver, but my vehicle gets about 15 mpg
>>
>job
Federal government grad, dont want to say which agency sorry
>shift
7.5 hours whenever I want between 7a-7p. I typically work 8-4
>pros
Good pay ($56k now, auto payrise to $72k at the end of the year)
Great prospects both virtically and horizontally (very easy to move between government agencies)
>cons
BUREAUCRACY
Commute
Will eventually have to move inter-state because the Federal government is well... in the federal territories
>robot-friendly?
Not really. Filled to the brim with Chads and Stacies
>>
>>34969730

>job
local retail place working stock

>shift
5pm-9pm weekdays

>pros
the job itself is pretty cruisy for the money i get, we get casuals come through sometimes, usually 16-18 year old qt3.14's. Friends a manager so can get days off whenever i want usually without issue.

>cons
when the job isnt so cruisy it is physically demanding and unfortunatly for me the non casuals are all mothers (30yr+) and just cant keep up so i end up pulling alot of the slack.

>robot-friendly?
most other guys i work with are cyborg tier so its alright, if you get stuck doing day work though good luck, customers are cunts
>>
File: 1477609591233.jpg (32KB, 461x581px) Image search: [Google]
1477609591233.jpg
32KB, 461x581px
>job
Security Guard at a small regional hospital
>shift
3rd shift (11 PM-7 AM)
>pros
There's always something going on, so the hours go by very quickly. All of my coworkers depend on each other, so we're all close. Since it's such a small hospital, there is only one security guard per shift, which means I have the office all to myself. Plenty of room to grow, especially in the area that I'm working in
>cons
The local towns surrounding our hospital have seen a huge increase in heroin-related incidents. I'd say that in a 40 hour work week, I deal with about 3 people who are under the influence of heroin. Those fuckers are strong. Also, pay isn't great for the amount of shit you have to put up with sometimes.
>robot-friendly?
Yes and no. Yes because you are mostly left alone during your shift, and during the slow hours, you get to go out in the company truck and drive around the hospital while you listen to music and relax.

No because when you ARE needed, all eyes are on you. You can't slip up once, or you're getting sacked. You also need to be strong, and I imagine very few robots are able to restrain a giganigga who is wired on heroin and out for blood
>>
bumpu dumpu
>>
I just want a job that let's me be totally alone. I don't care what it is
>>
Hospital secretary (male)

It forces me to interact with the public for hours, it's hell for a person like me that thrives in solitude. I hate every patient.

Pay is ok, coworkers are ok.

I have to admit though, my social skills have improved a lot since I began, I entered as a modern hermit and now I'm a wagecuck enslaved by society (cyborg).
>>
>>34969730
>job
teaching
>shift
24/7
>pros
none
>cons
all
>robot-friendly?
No, you have to talk all the time and deal with little idiots who don't give a shit about the topic that you are explaining
>>
>>34969890
>10am-2am
what

is that not illegal?
>>
>Job
Work in my families cafe in Manhatann
>Shift
Usually 5 hours or so. Or however long I would like so sometimes 8 hour shifts
>pros
Get to work when I want, watch tv, get drinks and baked goods and sometimes chat up the student cuties that come in
>robot friendly
Probably the most frobot friendly job possible. I can choose whether or not to make conversation and could just sit around on my phone. My uncle is chill as fuck and lets me do as I please. Gets busy here on the weekends though. Especially during the night when the normies are out and about. But overall, it is pretty comfy

10/10
>>
>>34969730
>job
restaurant cook
>shift
1pm-to12am mon-sat
>pros
decent pay, surrounded by asian bitches, decent distance from home
>cons
surrounded by asian bitches, sometimes smelly, long, tired hours, can never call in without someone throwing a shit fit
>robot-friendly?
probably not.
>>
>business and IT
>normal 9-5
>easy, sit in office, salaryman of $75k/year
>fucking boring as hell; gonna quit soon
>not my position, other s in the company are certainly robots
>>
>>34972198
that sounds pretty comfy anon. I've always wanted to open a shop in some megacity.
>>
>>34969730
>Job
Nightclub photography, take pictures, try and sell key rings
>shift
Fridays and Saturdays, 9pm - 3am ish, hoping to get more hours
>Pros
it gets me out of the house, forces me to interact with people and not be a shut in, also money
>cons
lose most of my weekend, ears ringing after a shift (earplugs help), have to deal with many drunk ass holes
>robot-friendly?
not at all
>>
File: jew_basic.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
jew_basic.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>34972271
What's stopping you from doing so?

all you need is a dolla and a dream to get started
>>
>>34969730
>job
Work at an amazon warehouse. I ask for a different job each week on rotation so I don't get too bored
>shift
1 am - 6 am, Fri-Mon
>pros
No traffic
No need to speak with people
Goes by fast; easy labor and you can think about other things
$13 an hour with easy promotions apparently
>cons
low pay
repetitive
>robot-friendly?
Yeah. No interview or job experience needed.

I'll probably quit to get a more stressful job that'll actually teach me how to overcome my inadequacies, though. Maybe pizza delivery to become a better driver and learn roads or a server of some sort to become more social. Learning how a warehouse operates was pretty interesting, though.
>>
>houseboy or some shit (glorified food runner)
>whenever they stop giving niggerboys all the hours
>good pay, easy work
>managers are gay, co workers are middle aged and annoying

I usually just keep to myself, but this one girl tries to be friendly which makes things more enjoyable.
>>
>>34972198
>nepotism
I wish bragfags would leave
>>
File: Hoola Hooping.webm (709KB, 656x672px) Image search: [Google]
Hoola Hooping.webm
709KB, 656x672px
>>34969730

>job
Loss Prevention
>shift
7-10 hour shifts 6 days a week
>pros
No uniform, can listen to music, banter with other LP in the camera room, can watch qts, catching someone is an adrenaline rush, watching hostile dumbfucks walk out in handcuffs also feels good
>cons
Can get pretty damn boring, pretty long hours, it's minimum wage, some LP care about the job a little TOO MUCH and relentlessly pursue innocent people which kills the vibe
>robot-friendly?
Probably not, you need to know how to communicate, and a robot isn't going to make a convincing stop. If you could somehow work out a way to stay on camera's 100% of the time though, it'd be fine I think.
>>
>>34971185
>>34969947
>>34971836
Hospital jobs sound like they're all the rage for robots
>>
>job

I work at a deli.

>shift

Manager is a cunt and won't standardize hours. Usually work late, and 40+ hr work week

>pros
I can eat what is going to be thrown out

Some days I don't have to talk to anyone because I have to clean meat grinders/broasters/etc

Can walk to work. Nice views on my night walks

>cons

Shit pay. 8.20/hr

No training, and any time you ask senior coworkers how to do something, they just get mad and take over, not ever explaining the whys and hows of things.

Senior coworkers are all old people who don't actually know what they are doing. They mess up more than you, occasionally blaming you for their mistakes.

I have to keep the hotcase open till the end of my shift. Not a problem in itself, but I also am not allowed to leave until the hotcase is clean, usually meaning that I stay an extra half hour.

People get mad when they have to wait for broasted chicken, even though we only have 2 broasters and some asshole always orders 200 wings right during lunch rush.

People will sometimes just walk away after you slice their meat

Honestly I could write a tl;dr post on all the dumb shit customers ask for, especially after we close shit, but you probably get the idea.

>robot-friendly?

eh, no. not at all. Unless you ended up just doing the cleanup, which a couple people do.
>>
>job
Junk Reseller
>shift
Whenever I want
>pros
Hours of my choosing, no boss
>cons
Money not guaranteed, looked at as scum by some
>robot-friendly?
Yes

I basically resell things I find at thrift stores garage sales flea markets and in dumpsters. Have been doing this for almost 10 years now, ama
>>
File: 1486437451128.jpg (644KB, 800x1219px) Image search: [Google]
1486437451128.jpg
644KB, 800x1219px
>>34972545
I am not bragging. Merely sharing my experiences with fellow anons.

>nepotism
Sure I guess? I've been helping out in the shop since I was 9 and did shit such as helping clean, stocking and what not. Of course I do not see myself doing this forever. I will eventually graduate university and make something of myself rather than mooching off my uncle. It is a fun job but I need more than this to support my future familia.

But I'm dumb as fuck so who knows what's gonna happen
>>
>>34972784

That doesn't sound very secure or viable.
>>
>>34972801
It is if you know what you're looking for and have good sources, which I do at this point
>>
>>34972401
>1 am - 6 am
whats your sleeping schedule?
>>
>>34972589
you work 60 hours weeks?

how do you do it anon...
>>
>>34972829
how much do you actually make in an average month?
>>
>>34972874

7-10 anon, not 10. I usually clock in 46 or 52.

When I was a NEET, life felt like a blur of one giant day on repeat. Get a job and it's the same shit.
>>
>>34972955
I only work so that I can one day become a self-sufficient NEET. I save and invest my money autistically to that end

I can only see myself continuing work past the age of 30 if I find something I absolutely love. I think that is quite possible, but it will take me a while to get there
>>
>>34972874

Not him, but you pretty much accept that you really don't have anything better to be doing with that time anyway.
>>
>>34973085
I personally have no problem filling the day up with things I enjoy. Be it going for bushwalks or to the beach, reading, learning a language or playing vidya.

I still do all that stuff on weekends but id rather do it 7 days a week than 2
>>
>>34973149

Do you work 60 hours a week?
>>
> Food Processing Plant.
>8min 13max.
>good people, easy I mean no thinking needed, can work alone, good with my supervisors, bantz.
>its cold, gets boring, shit pay, some darkies who shit things up sometimes, physical hard work.
>yes unless you can't handle the bantz.

I honestly like my job just wished I was paid more, working to become supervisor because there are more brown people then there used to be and most are dumb as hell and manage to make easy work hard and would rather not have to work with them, in b4 raycist.

I feel for brits with zero-hour contracts, stay strong my dudes.
>>
File: varg.jpg (11KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
11KB, 320x350px
>>34971836
>I hate every patient
Patients are fine.
It's the relatives
>Hello I'd like to speak to the consultant
>mfw
People don't seem to realize that the actual doctors have massive workloads
>>
bump for wagecuckolding
>>
File: 1479350494393.jpg (96KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
1479350494393.jpg
96KB, 599x599px
>>34969730
does anyone have some pro tips for someone looking to get a wage cuck job? I'm gonna hate it and shit, but I need money badly for rent in the autumn + I need a car so I can work more than just evenings and weekends.
>>
>>34974984
Lie on your resume like a mothefucker, and shoot for jobs that you don't think you'll get
>>
>>34974984
I got a professional job despite never working a day in my life

as >>34975359 said, just BS it

I used a friend as a reference
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.