[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's over guys

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 1487457840293.jpg (308KB, 810x820px)
1487457840293.jpg
308KB, 810x820px
It's over guys
>>
File: 1461658448345.gif (374KB, 1200x900px)
1461658448345.gif
374KB, 1200x900px
>>34967057
>tfw he wants to tax us even though he knows we make no income

why would he be so cruel? Why does he hate us?
>>
Every time you use a machine or device you have to pay money to the government.
>>
>>34967057
At the point where the workforce is completely automated, we should move completely to communism.
>>
Silly Bill can't tax 0 income
>>
>>34967131
You absolutely can. In fact this was tax in USSR era, there was a parasite's tax for people who had no job. If you didn't pay, you go to jail.
>>
>>34967057

Does he even pay taxes?

really gets the cells swimming around the frontal lobe
>>
>>34967092
It won't happen, I know it seems inevitable, but the people will overthrow the machines, riot and destroy everything before that happens. Communism has never worked and it will never work, because people are not robots, they have psychological needs of achieving goals and having a basic sense of self importance.
>>
>>34967199
People tried to riot to stop japanese made consumer goods but that didn't stop Sony from being so damn big currently. I don't think it will be possible to stop things that make everyone's life better. The difficult thing will be getting the owners of the new tech to give up money by making the things that will destroy the need for money.
>>
When robots do everything, will we need to "earn" a living?

Certainly in the short term it just means everyone being fired and having no way to support themselves.
>>
>>34967256
Lol? Yeah people tried to riot to stop trump too, what's your point? Apples and oranges. People will not just sit around and exist with no point of living, taking the birdfeed jews give them, they will destroy the machines if it means a drastic increase in the average person's quality of life, and it will if it ever gets to the point where every job is automated and people live in tiny units on government cheese. (AKA liberal utopia)
>>
>>34967147

"Taxed like workers"

>Tfw too intelligent too read
>>
>>34967342
Luddism has never worked in the past. Luddites have NEVER won. Rioting also doesn't work.
>>
How would that even work? If they go by each robot then I'd make one big ass girnormica bot that runs the whole factory. This is just plain stupid because whatever way it's implemented it will impact technology for the worse as the producers then have to worry about taxes instead of being good.

What we should instead do is a flat sales tax. I mean super fucking flat, a cigarette is taxed at the same rate as a loaf of bread, no sin tax, luxury tax, fuel tax, or any other stop liking things I don't like taxes.
>>
>>34967199
And what you said won't happen either. The future won't be as distinct as humans vs. robots. Humans will attempt to self-augment physically and cognitively in parallel with full AI/android workers--hell, they'll do it just to compete with robots to try and justify their human value as a worker. The line between human and AI will be very blurry. The other thing to consider is that it won't just simply be communism. Current economic ideologies and models don't take into account varying degrees of overwhelming automation. Whatever system we have in the future will inevitably resemble communism in principle, but not at all in practice. Also, every historical instance of humans trying to stifle automation for individual self-interest always fails.

>>34967342
Reversing automation never increases quality of life. I'd be interested in hearing an example otherwise.
>>
>>34967314
In a sensible world, they would introduce some sort of universal basic income. Then people would be free to work, if they want to. And many, many people would work. They would work at all sorts of things. They would pursue passions that they have no freedom to do, in this economy.

But no, you will have to make a living. You'll have to do something that the robots don't do or you can fucking starve and die.
>>
>>34967057
Well he makes a valid point.
Jobs replaced by robots decrease government revenue.
>>
>>34967416
Neither have Malthusians.
Let's make ficki ficki for the sole purpose of reproduction until we hit 17 billion peeps on this Earth.
>>
>>34967453

It's kind of funny how people like to bitch about automation. It's like they've never heard of the looms, sewing machine, printing press, conveyor belt, typewriter, etc.. The weirdest part is that they're usually the ones screaming the loudest for criminals being given free reign in the country too. How can someone be against machines but totally love illegal criminal no good aliens and child labor chink shit literally chained to the floor sweat shops? It's inconsistent.
>>
>>34967416
>Le left handed people have NEVER won! Lefties btfo!

Luddites have never been 90% of the population, which they will be.
>>
>>34967057
We need another great plague to wipe out millions and create more job demand
>>
>>34967507
Not if the gubbmint owns all the robots. Then they can just rent them out to businesses.

Businesses can either rent a robot from the government or rent a human, who then pays tax on his wages. Can't lose.
>>
>>34967057
Did he really say that?
Fucking big government shill we dont all have a billions of dollars to lay back on you fucking cunt
>>
>>34967507

That's a good thing though. Governments run on money. It doesn't take much to have a military, that's really the only good thing governments do. Anything else only worsens the lives of citizens. I don't feel like my life is improved with the threat of prison hanging over my head if I accidentally put a bottle of beer in the freezer too long, a stray seed for a flower that's associated with soldiers winds up in my garden, or build a reproduction of a historic small arm that was carried by soldiers in 1914. I do like my roads and am willing to pay taxes for that, but not if it comes at the cost of ridiculous nanny state laws that carry prison sentences like driving under the influence or pissy little fines for using my turn signal 6" too late.
>>
>>34967808
The government can't make anything right, it can barely even run itself and that's with shitloads of employees. How the hell do you expect them to design a cutting edge robot and release a new top of the line model every day?
>>
>>34967199
I don't think the people will overthrow the machines because the left is actively trying to get rid of the people that would care about that sort of thing (White people) and replace them with minorities who would be more than happy to suck on the tit of the government.

Once that happens the poor will be in this situation where the government will barely give them enough to exist and be unable to get out of it. You can't make money if there's no way to make money. The only jobs people will be able to do is entertainment to be a jester to their rich overlords. It's the ultimate plan for the 1% to take over everything.

The people that want to overthrow the machines will be such a vast minority. Women will eat this shit up because it means they don't have to do anything and without their influence you're not getting anywhere. It's over, it's done. This isn't like the past, society is done.
>>
>>34967569
>looms, sewing machine, printing press, conveyor belt, typewriter
Exactly, it's like these people imagine automation as just a robot on an assembly line. Automation is sneaky, but it's getting even sneakier because automation now takes the form of both hardware and software: AI's existing and working entirely digitally. Just look at the New York Stock Exchange trade floor. Compared to a few decades ago, it's a ghost town, because the bulk of trades are done between AI's communicating with each other, executing trades in a fraction of a second. Humans will never operate on this level, and AI's will only continue to get better at more tasks.
>>
>>34967057
>wanting to tax machinery
ok, sure, how the fuck are you going to do that?
>>
>>34967853
They just need one robot. Then they can program it to make more of itself, and sit back and watch the money roll in.

I wish our governments weren't so universally incompetent. That's what happens when you've been stagnating, without a decent war or colonisation effort for this many decades.
>>
>>34967199
Communism has never worked out because it never got applied.
Every single time it was going to be applied the retards who managed the riot started arguing against each other and splitting themselves into factions, only to let the bad guy of the turn take over the power and become a dictator.
>>
File: corina_72.png (377KB, 373x494px) Image search: [Google]
corina_72.png
377KB, 373x494px
>>34967864
>le wunpershent me-me
>>
>>34967945

Why would a business want a robot that builds robots that build more robots? Unless they're selling robots, but in that case what's to stop someone from just buying one and then they have all the robots.
>>
File: 1457653626401.jpg (17KB, 350x320px) Image search: [Google]
1457653626401.jpg
17KB, 350x320px
>>34967057
If he actually said that then he probably means it as a way to discourage companies from automating their workforce. It's to make robots more expensive so that corporations have to hire humans, so humans can have jobs and make a living.

It's a stupid attempt at being compassionate towards the poor working man. All it will do is set back tech progress while making us all poorer and failing to address the real social issue.
>>
>>34967808
That's stupid. Government can't make robots. Also are computer systems robots? They do work white collar workers normally would. Imagine a computer bank that makes music, or does your legal work all for you. No need for para legals or artists.
>>
>>34968231
>Government can't make robots.
lol y not
Could easily be justified as a necessary public service/resource. Having a centralized system issuing out standardized, multi-purpose robots for public construction, maintenance, and janitorial work would become indispensable the moment an degree of it comes to fruition.
>>
>>34968332

No one would be interested unless they actually paid you to use them. If I needed a robot I would buy from some tech company, not someone who can't even build a fucking website properly.
>>
File: 1402312907146.gif (498KB, 300x222px)
1402312907146.gif
498KB, 300x222px
>>34968124
That's when the robot wars begin, anon.
>>
>>34968386

I can see it now, battlefields littered with orgies of self reproducing robots masturbating furiously. Kill counts will be in the negative millions.
>>
>>34968382
When people see roads, buildings, parks, and all forms of infrastructure built and maintained several orders of magnitude faster and more efficiently, people will overwhelmingly support it.

At that point, AI will be doing most of the work building and maintaining most websites anyway, lol.
>>
>>34968332
The government doesn't employ engineers, typically the pay private contractors. It's not the governments job to make robots. They wouldn't be able to do it cheaply or pay well enough to keep talent.
>>
>>34968732
By the time any of this matters, automation will be so ubiquitous in the first world that the vast majority of the manufacturing and design process will also be automated with AI. The "talent" will be an AI. The manufacturing process will probably resemble an advanced 3D printing process, removing as many points of error and need for human contact as possible. Raw resources and electricity are the only things that really need to be paid for.
>>
>We should punish companies for being more efficient and tech companies for making them.
>>
>>34969085
>We should punish companies for being more efficient and tech companies for making them.

it's not about punishing companies anon
it's about supporting those who aren't the companies

people gotta live somehow
>>
If only there was some theoretical system that could be put in place where the public owned and benefited from automation.
>>
>>34967199
No people are not robots, but in a completely automated society they wouldn't be treated like them.
>>
>>34967057

Why, to make Robots less competitive compared to workers? If I take a Robot working on a line in a Warehouse, 3 shifts per day, so 3 people working in turn, the Robot can do the 3 shifts, meaning with 1 Robot I now replace 3 people.
Does it matter though?
On short term, robots are stealing jobs already stolen by Pajeet. Do you prefer your clothes to be sewed by a robot in Murrica or a guy at the other side of the Earth?

On long term... people ITT are talking about communism, but I would suggest to look at ancient Greece instead. Their model worked thanks to slavery. We could have the same model but with Robots instead of slaves, and it would be both ethical and more efficient. We could enter a new Greek age and spend our day shitposting about art and philosophy.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.