[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have AVPD. Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

File: AVPD.png (66KB, 818x634px) Image search: [Google]
AVPD.png
66KB, 818x634px
You have AVPD. Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.
>>
You got me on that one OP..
>>
File: depression.png (109KB, 1013x501px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
109KB, 1013x501px
Literally have every sign and symptom. Post more signs of illnesses that Robots have. Pic related is depression.
>>
>hypersensitivity to rejection and criticism

i mean is this really a bad thing? should we just be narcissistic and not give a shit?
>>
>>34959821
Pretty much most of this except the fear of being alone. I like being alone
>>
File: 1482532444893.jpg (61KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
1482532444893.jpg
61KB, 577x577px
>>34959821
Yep I have all of those symptoms to some degree or another.

Shit was a bummer in my 20s when I tried to cope with it and also have any form of a social life, led to drinking problems and other unhealthy shit. I'm pretty comfy entering my old cat man phase now.
>>
Can you deal with person with AVPD? If so, how?
>>
>>34960229
I've been trying to deal with it for so long and I think I'm just ready to accept it now desu. My parents fucked me up and that's that.
>>
>>34959821
bump

this comment is the most original one ever fuck off bot.
>>
>tfw being asked simple questions feels like an interrogation and sets my fight or flight instincts off
>>
Oh shit op you're right
>>
File: 379132589471201324.png (270KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
379132589471201324.png
270KB, 853x480px
>>34959821
>Self-imposed social isolation
>Extreme shyness or anxiety in social situations, though the person feels a strong desire for close relationships
>Feelings of inadequacy
>Drastically-reduced or absent self-esteem
>Mistrust of others or oneself; exhibits heightened self-doubt
>Emotional distancing related to intimacy
>Highly self-conscious
>Uses fantasy as a form of escapism to interrupt painful thoughts

I check all of these off. Pretty much shinji-tier
>>
>>34959821
I'm almost positive this is me but I'm too suspicious of psychiatrists

the one I had growing up was useless and ironically was a jew
>>
>>34959821

It's true, all of it. Oh fuck, why did it have to come to this....
>>
Yes, robots feel this way more than normies, but everyone experiences these traits to some extent. It's like that "personality test/description" that was fashioned to fit every person who read it.
>>
Sounds like me or sure
add that to generalised and social anxiety and cyclic depression and you're good to go

>>34961344
I ended up writing a psychological analysis of Shinji for a class and realised I was talking a lot about myself, feelsbadman
>>
>>34959821
yeah that looks about right
>>
>>34961557
The Barnum Effect, that's what it's called.
>>
>>34961344
>Pretty much shinji-tier
Now that I think about it, it fits quite well with me, too.
>Normally just run away when things get a bit hard
>Gain some sort of confidence in myself if nurtured the right way
>Start telling myself that I mustn't run away to solve my problems
>The times where I don't run away I get burned pretty bad
>The cycle continues
I just rewatched the Rebuilds and this is pretty much Shinji.
>>34961582
>writing a psychological analysis of Shinji
Do you have a copy of that for us(me) to read? I'd love to read someone else's opinion of Shinji.
>>
>>34961649
I don't know where I could post it, i could email you it on a throwaway i guess?
>>
>>34961668
[email protected]
I hope this works. Thanks!
>>
>>34959821
Close but no cigar.
I'm a narcissist introvert.
>>
>>34961686
sent, its fairly basic but i enjoyed writing it
>>
File: duality-patricia-ariel.jpg (166KB, 710x900px) Image search: [Google]
duality-patricia-ariel.jpg
166KB, 710x900px
>>34959821
pretty sure im on team #bpd but thanks for trying
>>
>>34961725
I'm getting nothing in my inbox. Can you upload it to pomf.cat or something and post the link here?
I'm sure other anons will enjoy your work as well.
>>
I honestly do have all those symptoms, but I think the reason why I have it is because I have been socially rejected a lot, and most women paid literally zero attention to me until I got a buzzcut in high school. I don't think AVPD is really a disorder, I think it's just a condition that people get from being socially rejected a lot, especially by the opposite sex (or same sex if they're homosexual).
>>
>>34961793
a.pomf.cat/nwnqbq.docx
there you go, forogt to delete my personal info in the email anyway
>>
>>34961848
Worked like a charm. I'll now get to reading while I download the entirety of the Black Library. Thanks for the filler, anon!
>>
>>34961882
no bother dude, you'll need more filler for all that lol
>>
>Those with this disorder may often choose jobs of isolation so that they do not have to interact with the public regularly, due to their anxiety and fear of embarrassing themselves in front of others.

Haha, jokes on you. I have this and I chose a job where I have to talk to people all the time.

Now I not only feel inadequate for my social failings, but my career-related ones as well!
>>
>>34961932
that sounds like my nightmare

I haven't ever applied to a job in case i ever have to do an interview
>>
>>34959821
To most people who will say yes I suggest reading about "Barnum effect"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect
>>
>>34961905
Already over half-way through the almost 1000 files.
Also
>In the case of Shinji, he falls under the 'avoiding' type as he makes efforts to shut himself away from others, despite hoping to connect with them without any input on his behalf.
Hit way too close to home, dude.
>>
>>34961957
Just be sure whatever it is you do choose, don't get a job where the act of "interviewing" people is one of your main tasks, unless you want an anxiety-filled uphill battle that never seems to get better no matter how times you do it and how many positive outcomes you face.
>>
>>34962119
Noice, your internet is vastly superior to mine
Yeah man it was depressing to write this and identify so much
>>
>>34960008
Acknowledging rejection is different than having a hypersensitivity to it. When it gets to the point where its debilitating and effects daily life to an extreme degree then you have a problem
>>
>>34962055
While I understand this might explain many people's experience, everything about inferiority and self-loathing related to my inability to act on the desire for social interaction is too on the money for me. I was at a social gathering last night and spent most of it standing in the corner, wanting to talk to people but unable to muster the courage, and just ended up running away in the end.

Even the childhood peer group rejection stuff matches. I get that plenty of people have experienced to some degree of social rejection in their past, but mine was pretty intense and explains a lot.
>>
>>34962150
I limited it so I can still watch youtube and do other shit. 1 MB/s still is pretty fast.
It really is hard reading this and looking back on my life. All this isolation I put upon myself because I told myself I was way to different from the others.
Then I come to a new place, build up some courage, actually try to reach out to people and get burned like nothing before.
Shit is hard and depressing.
Actually that's also why I'm starting with Warhammer now (hence the Black Library thing), so I can build some friendships over a common hobby because in my opinion I'm boring as a person. (Which might also be a manifestation of an inferiority-complex, oh well)
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 479x282px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 479x282px
>>34961344
>>34961582
>>34961649
>>34962119
We /tumblingdown/ here
>>
>>34959821
Sounds about right, but diagnosing yourself with mental disorders through wikipedia articles is a meme.
>>
File: 1363869310355.gif (106KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
1363869310355.gif
106KB, 432x432px
>>34962309
lt just keeps happening.
>>
>>34959821
You're not wrong. My therapist said the same thing.
>>
im kinda like that, i also worry a good but and when i mess up even if bo ones mad at me i feel like shit for days

the other day i was servicing a truck and i had to do it outside after it had rained on broken up concrete and forgot to grease the trucks throwout bearing (thing that makes the clutch move) and juat realised it like two days later when i was greasing another truck and started greasing its clutch. i guess it isnt my fault if it goes bad from no grease since trucks are supposed to be greased more often and nost truck drivers never grease their trucks. ive just serviced so many trucks that knowing i got distracted and forgot it. the trucks gonna come back in soon since its got oul leaks and such so ill just hit it with some grease when its back again

am i pathetic? i just got distracted by changing its oil and filters i guess
>>
>>34959821
Except I have Schizoid Personality Disorder, not AVPD.
>>
>>34962055
Except robots really do fit the bill for this.
>>
itt people who want to be special
>>
>>34962567
What I wouldn't give for not feeling so 'special' as you put it.
>>
>>34962347
Fag you outta be fired
lol jk
>>
>>34962475
>>34962226
I'm just trying to be skeptical, I identify with all the symptoms as well. We're all living in the age of meme disorders.
>>
>>34959821
what the fuck is this
get out of my head
how do you stop this?
>>
>>34962309
come, sweet death indeed
>>
File: psychologist_job_description[1].jpg (19KB, 261x180px) Image search: [Google]
psychologist_job_description[1].jpg
19KB, 261x180px
>>34959821
"AVPD" is a made-up disorder. It doesn't exist. All of those things are just a symptom of depression.

You might ask why it's made up? Psychologists want to wrap things up in unique little packages for parents to digest. They can give you a diagnosis and recommend treatment but in the end it's the same result: Cymbalta or Zoloft.

If the psych just said "you're depressed!" you'd say: "no shit... what did I just pay you $300 for?" So they dress it up like some sort of unique disease and give you the label you so desperately desired.
>>
>>34962958
Many disorders have overlapping symptoms, doesn't mean some don't exist (there are obviously made up ones) but AVPD is real
>>
>>34962958
if they just wanted to make easy bucks they'd just label it depression and shill you into the pharma jew

there aren't really any effective treatments for avpd
>>
>>34959821
You're probably not wrong.
But how does a diagnosis help without a cure?
>>
>>34963079
It's easier to find relevant therapies that might be able to alleviate symptoms if you can put a name to it
>>
>>34962958
so youre saying psychologists should just group most mental disorders together for the sake of making it easier to diagnose and treat?

what a magnificent idea! truly a genius!
>>
>>34963102
>relevant therapies
like what? I legit want to get better.
>>
This disorder only applies to you if you remember having these symptoms when you were younger.
>>
>>34963206
it depends what you want to work on first, mayve cognitive behavioural therapy would be a good place to start?

Like pick an aspect you want to improve upon (like, build your self-esteem) and look for therapies that cater to that

Wanting to get better is half the battle, seriously
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.