[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate being weird. How do I go about seeing a psychiatrist/therapist?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170217_010154_006.jpg (289KB, 1152x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170217_010154_006.jpg
289KB, 1152x1152px
I hate being weird. How do I go about seeing a psychiatrist/therapist?
>>
>>34954943
it won't help
let me say this
psychiatrists/therapists are a meme
>>
>>34954943
Mental health services vary greatly from country to country. Where do you live?
>>
>>34954973
Different strokes for different folks

Plus they might give me happy pills
>>
>>34955009
New York city (unfortunately)
>>
You must embrace the weird, not cast it away, for YOU are weird and to deny that would be to deny your true nature.
>>
>>34955025
Not being from the US, I don't know too much about your health system. Do you have some sort of health insurance?
>>
>>34954973
I second this

>go to a therapist because I feel suicidal and I'm always depressed, plus no friends, no gf, etc
>get there for the first meeting
>she is a normie
>as I talk about how I'm alone and can't talk to people she uses a softer tone and looks worried in a pitiful way
>slowly feel we will get to my sexual frustration
>can't really tell her how I feel about things or about my deeper/more troubling thoughts because it might be too much for her normieness
and I don't mean normie in the "normies REEE" way, she was an actual genuine normal average person
>>
Why do you feel that, OP?
I can guarantee you that you're not that weird, as there are millions of people dealing with the exact same thing as you.
>>
>>34955010
They don't help you stop being weird. No pill makes anyone happy, they only make you passive and docile. You wont feel happy, but you wont feel like shit either.
You have fallen for the meme.
>>
>>34955141
Sadly, in my experience have found the same thing. They don't have some miracle answer, or miracle pill. Anything they will tell you, you could learn yourself on the net.
>>
>>34955141
I'm already passive and docile
>>
>>34955254
Sounds like you need more testosterone
>>
>>34954943
See your gp.
Define weird. Why do you want to change it?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.